Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Benne posted:

On the bright side, I no longer have to hear Striker pronounce "Siniestro" about 10 different times per match.

Also it would be kinda funny if Vampiro would constantly correct him, as long as it doesn't take away from calling the match!

To my fault, I can speak Spanish but as a native English speaker, I could never roll my R's, ever. All my spanish friends make fun of me for trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Chavo's character part, as a somewhat dumbass heel, is part of his character I think. He's easy to make fun of!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Chavo's compulsive need to be a shithead cost him the match. I like that :)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
OH RIGHT, I was confused for a second there, but she still thinks Azteca Sr. killed her parents.

Get ready for the TRIAD

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Pentagon is gonna murder a whole lot of ninjas.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Chavo's compulsive need to be a shithead cost him the match. I like that :)

That's basically what I meant, but in different words :)

I remember last season he had a legit hamstring injury, and they still did air it, but I could tell that it was a legit injury coz I had the exact same type a year before. That's some of the worst pain you'd never want to ever feel

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rhonne posted:

Pentagon is gonna murder a whole lot of ninjas.

:yeah:

Glad to see the Black Lotus plot taking flight again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kinda disappointed about Siniestro, I thought they were going somewhere with him when he killed the other putties, but then they did...nothing. At least the wrestler isn't gone though.

Surprised they had Dario drop a Big Ryck reference. Isn't he aware that Mil Muertes had Ryck's skull harvested for his throne last season?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Kinda disappointed about Siniestro, I thought they were going somewhere with him when he killed the other putties, but then they did...nothing. At least the wrestler isn't gone though.

Surprised they had Dario drop a Big Ryck reference. Isn't he aware that Mil Muertes had Ryck's skull harvested for his throne last season?

Probably not, Dario was on the run at the time with Lotus and Matanza.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

sticklefifer posted:

I imagine Dario IS aware and is just dropping the name because he's loving with Castro. Castro can't call him out on it without blowing his cover (not that he knows his cover's already been blown), and it's entirely in-character for Dario to gently caress with people like that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Of course.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I was sure Don King was dead.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Xerzes posted:

I was sure Don King was dead.

King and Arum are in an ongoing contest to see who gets to piss on the other one's grave.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I didn't see Sexy Star bleeding but at the end of the match you could see how swollen her eye was. Ouch! Taya doesn't mess around.

Also according to the dirt sheets The Darewolf broke both his ankles BASE jumping in South Africa.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I didn't see Sexy Star bleeding but at the end of the match you could see how swollen her eye was. Ouch! Taya doesn't mess around.

Also according to the dirt sheets The Darewolf broke both his ankles BASE jumping in South Africa.

Good timing for LU at least, since they are likely in off-season until January. He apparently really is a crazy motherfucker even outside the gimmick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

StarkRavingMad posted:

He apparently really is a crazy motherfucker even outside the gimmick.

Darewolf's got nards

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I mean they don't call him DAREwolf because he keeps kids off drugs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Johnny Mundo had a little part on the season premiere of Shameless and sounded hopelessly wooden in his delivery of the single line he was given.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Judging by the posting pace in this thread, it seems that everybody else is having trouble getting into this season too. I'm just not as excited on Wednesdays now and I can't put my finger on why.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I think there's just a lot of other stuff vying for people's attention - The last 2 Superfriends vs WWU matches were fantastic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Plus LU tends to start cold since it's blocked like a TV show, so there's not a lot to talk about as of right now. That and intersecting with the CWC for a bit didn't help it much, the NXT thread is also pretty slow these days because of that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I'm enjoying it still, but this season so far feels far more...self contained, I guess is what I'd call it? Instead of having a handful of storylines in the air and seeing a ton of different people every week, it seems like they are advancing only a few storylines at a time and using largely the same people. I'm used to that week or two gap between reappearances.

The way it is, there's a lot less storylines up in the air to get excited for.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Judging by the posting pace in this thread, it seems that everybody else is having trouble getting into this season too. I'm just not as excited on Wednesdays now and I can't put my finger on why.

It's spinning its wheels a bit story wise and half of the matches are fairly skippable because we've seen them before.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's a bit of a slow start but there's a lot of great stuff coming up this season. Things pick up once some of the new folks get on board (AR Fox has some insane matches this year, so does Sami Callahan) and there's a bunch of storylines they are setting up right now that have cool payoffs. Even the stuff with Chavo, believe it or not.

It seems like most seasons don't really hit high gear until Aztec warfare, although this may pick up a little faster depending on how they pace out what's going on with Puma.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, all the exciting stuff from the trailer that got me all hyped, personally, hasn't even been introduced yet, but that looks like it's about to change. The first few episodes have felt more like a reminder of where we left off, which would probably go over better if there'd been the 6 month break between seasons like last time. Instead, 5-6 weeks wasn't nearly enough time away to warrant a refresher on feuds/title holders, so it feels a little stale.

I have faith that once they move from "this is where we were" to "this is what's happening from now on" it'll gain momentum fast.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whenever the Black Lotus assassins show up I think my excitement will pick up. They are the new hires I am the most excited about.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Deep down, I think we're all waiting patiently for Paul London to show up.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Deep down, I think we're all waiting patiently for Paul London to show up.

I saw him at one of the tapings and was surprised he could still go

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm going to be interviewing some of the Lucha Underground people at New York Comic Con. Some assortment of Rey Mysterio, Catrina, Ivelisse, Marty Elias, Taya, Eric Van Wagenen and Skip Chaisson.

Anything anyone wants me to ask?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gavok posted:

I'm going to be interviewing some of the Lucha Underground people at New York Comic Con. Some assortment of Rey Mysterio, Catrina, Ivelisse, Marty Elias, Taya, Eric Van Wagenen and Skip Chaisson.

Anything anyone wants me to ask?

That's awesome dude, congrats!

Sadly the stuff I'd want you to ask is stuff I know they won't answer (when is Season 4, any plans for wider distribution, etc)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ask Ivelisse what the condition of her ankle is now. I know she reinjured it at some point, but I'm wondering if it's fully healed or if she wrestles with it taped up.

Also ask Catrina why don't you have chloroform.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Apparently they are at least still confident there will be a season four, since they are still signing new people. (Don't click unless you want a spoiler about someone who will be on the roster for S4, I guess).

According to the previews, we will see some new folks tonight, although I suspect maybe just introduced in vignettes. Also, we have a preview of tonight's main event via an early DIAL OF DOOM spin:

https://twitter.com/chrisdejoseph/status/783682982783561728

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 5, 2016

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

According to the previews, we will see some new folks tonight, although I suspect maybe just introduced in vignettes. Also, we have a preview of tonight's main event via an early DIAL OF DOOM spin:

https://twitter.com/chrisdejoseph/status/783682982783561728

Dear ElRey: Stop it with your loving geoblocking!

Thank you from a fan outside the US who can't even access that video with proxies.

ps.: Make your Itunes downloads available outside the US as well, dammit.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Dear ElRey: Stop it with your loving geoblocking!

Thank you from a fan outside the US who can't even access that video with proxies.

ps.: Make your Itunes downloads available outside the US as well, dammit.

This has got to be biting them in the rear end, seriously. Went to buy the season 3 pass, they don't even have season 2 available on itunes outside the US yet. As much as I appreciate them getting actual tv deals up here in Canada, and I do watch when it airs here to try and support them however that works, it's still just the first season. They obviously have fans outside the US, they're just making it almost impossible for us to support them monetarily.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

This has got to be biting them in the rear end, seriously. Went to buy the season 3 pass, they don't even have season 2 available on itunes outside the US yet. As much as I appreciate them getting actual tv deals up here in Canada, and I do watch when it airs here to try and support them however that works, it's still just the first season. They obviously have fans outside the US, they're just making it almost impossible for us to support them monetarily.

It does suck. A few months ago El Rey got a new president and GM that was supposed to be working on getting them further expansion, but I haven't seen much come of that yet. Verizon FIOS, I guess, but not anything in the nature of big moves.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was the Dial of Doom a shoot spin during the tapings, or did they gimmick it to land on certain opponents? I'm wondering how that went down, and if Dario had to spin it multiple times until it landed on Mack or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Was the Dial of Doom a shoot spin during the tapings, or did they gimmick it to land on certain opponents? I'm wondering how that went down, and if Dario had to spin it multiple times until it landed on Mack or something.

It's gimmicked. I think Dario may have a foot pedal that stops it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For those who couldn't access the youtube thing earlier, that opening with the Dial of Doom was it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, Becky Lynch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That vertebreaker counter made no sense.

• Locked thread