Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mirotrem
May 7, 2010
mafiaedit: he being AnonymousNarcotics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

mirotrem posted:

The tracker just claimed to be roleblocked night 2...........who was roleblocked night 1?

Presumably Anarc.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

mirotrem posted:

mafiaedit: he being AnonymousNarcotics

*she as well

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

Presumably Anarc.

That's kinda my point I'm trying to make. Mason recruiters normally don't have to worry about dying to recruiting a scum. Cult Recruiters do.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

mirotrem posted:

The tracker just claimed to be roleblocked night 2...........who was roleblocked night 1?

I think Anarch was

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I was roleblocked I think

This was posted on day 2

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

My bad, I literally don't know anyone.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
AnonymousNarcotics, you want to fess up to being the cult recruiter?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

mirotrem posted:

lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
HEY ANARC WANNA DIE?!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

mirotrem posted:

##vote mirotrem

Now we just gotta figure out which one of your scumbuddies has votes on em too.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Krunge posted:

HEY ANARC WANNA DIE?!

I'm ready to just lynch Anarc at this point. After this Lord of Hats guy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

mirotrem posted:

That's kinda my point I'm trying to make. Mason recruiters normally don't have to worry about dying to recruiting a scum. Cult Recruiters do.

Same is true for regular Mason recruiters typically.

From Mafia Wiki:

"Oftentimes a mason starts with a Mason Recruiter, a player who targets others at night to recruit into the Masonry. If the player is town, the player becomes a mason, and may discuss OOT with the other masons; if the player is scum, typically the recruiter dies."

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##vote mirotrem

You realize you claimed it was an unconfirmed masonry right?

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

DickBastardly posted:

Same is true for regular Mason recruiters typically.

From Mafia Wiki:

"Oftentimes a mason starts with a Mason Recruiter, a player who targets others at night to recruit into the Masonry. If the player is town, the player becomes a mason, and may discuss OOT with the other masons; if the player is scum, typically the recruiter dies."

I guess it all depends on how the role is done. I should have probably checked before I spoke up.

I mean..if they are claiming it's unconfirmed...that means they are both town or Anarch is scum?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

You are literally making arguments against scum hunting.

All Anarc has been doing is trying to discuss how their recruiting works as a way to look for scum. Theyve kept it 100 the whole time and your only recourse is. "lol well it might be a cult instead of a masonry!"

Why would a cult ever claim? All they have to do is sit back and quietly sit on their thumbs while they recruit people. That's why cults are broken and not fun in mafia games. They can win by doing literally nothing.

The reason I came in thread like OMG YOU GUYS WE GOT PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED TOWN WITH ANARC! Is because with the position we're in right now? We really need confirmed town.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Functionally, are cults any different than masons?

I honestly don't care how many third parties win as long as the scum don't.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mirotrem posted:

##vote mirotrem

mirotrem posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this exchange

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

I, too, would like to know whaddafak.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mirotrem makes an ultimatum post. Accusing anarc of being a cult recruiter.
I vote Miro because they havnt really said poo poo the whole game until now, and the whole thing reads like a scum player trying to avert attention from a scumbro by throwing shade at someone.

Then for someone reason Miro says "lol unconfirmed masonry!" After just 2 seconds ago, implying it was a cult. Its like miro can't make up their mind on WHY they want people to vote anarc just that they think we should??? :shrug:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Aggro posted:

Functionally, are cults any different than masons?

I honestly don't care how many third parties win as long as the scum don't.

Cults are a lovely thing in mafia games. Because they override town victories and for a lot of people. Me included that's counted as a loss for town

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

You are literally making arguments against scum hunting.

All Anarc has been doing is trying to discuss how their recruiting works as a way to look for scum. Theyve kept it 100 the whole time and your only recourse is. "lol well it might be a cult instead of a masonry!"

Why would a cult ever claim? All they have to do is sit back and quietly sit on their thumbs while they recruit people. That's why cults are broken and not fun in mafia games. They can win by doing literally nothing.

The reason I came in thread like OMG YOU GUYS WE GOT PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED TOWN WITH ANARC! Is because with the position we're in right now? We really need confirmed town.

I didn't realize mason recruiters have the same drawback on recruiting.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

mirotrem posted:

I guess it all depends on how the role is done. I should have probably checked before I spoke up.

I mean..if they are claiming it's unconfirmed...that means they are both town or Anarch is scum?

I think that unconfirmed means that there's a possiblity that scum masons could be recruited or exist from the start... this distinction would be in the role PM with a message from the mod like "you are not sure of player's alignment" or something to that effect, and... yeah that's why I'm still fuzzy on Masonry in general.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
I'm just going to drop it for now, I was confused as to how they work on these forums. I was basing my thoughts on something he said in the thread that I thought wasn't town oriented. If mason recruiters have the same drawback on recruiting scum then this is all moot and we can ignore what I said.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

I'm just going to drop it for now, I was confused as to how they work on these forums. I was basing my thoughts on something he said in the thread that I thought wasn't town oriented. If mason recruiters have the same drawback on recruiting scum then this is all moot and we can ignore what I said.

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I dont think kash would put a cult in.

Aggro is the move imo.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Aggro is the move imo.

Thoughts on Lord of Hats?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

All I got in my PM for my invite was the link to the doc and being told yo you got a mason friend. No allignment info was given or implied.
But this is rolemadness for all I know Anarc is lying and the whole scum team is laughing at me.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Aggro is the move imo.

Pinky promise?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No thoughts on Lord of hats. Few posts. Kash mentioned anti lurking measures, so I assume there will be something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am town and I fully beliebe everything I have posted.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I am town and I fully beliebe everything I have posted.

But no pinky :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Do you wanna explain why you just explode out of nowhere on Day 3 and then immediately start pushing for someone else to get lurker lynched?

##vote mirotrem

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My pinkies are busted from years of sports. I'll give you a firm nod.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Joining a masonry doesn't change your alignment, cults do.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Do you wanna explain why you just explode out of nowhere on Day 3 and then immediately start pushing for someone else to get lurker lynched?

##vote mirotrem

I'm not sure what you mean by explode, but I'd rather not rely on some mechanic to take care of Lord of Hats.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

mirotrem posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by explode, but I'd rather not rely on some mechanic to take care of Lord of Hats.

???

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Keane gave me a solemn nod.

[##vote Aggro[/b]

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Keane gave me a solemn nod.

[##vote Aggro[/b]

Whoops.
##vote Aggro

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Joining a masonry doesn't change your alignment, cults do.

So your saying joining a cult is essentially switching sides from town to scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

DickBastardly posted:

So your saying joining a cult is essentially switching sides from town to scum?

Yeah. That's what I was trying to argue about. Coming in thread and saying your a masonry when your a cult is like scum coming in thread saying they're a vig. It's real easy to test and an outright stupid move.

• Locked thread