Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DickBastardly posted:

So your saying joining a cult is essentially switching sides from town to scum?

No it's usually a separate faction in my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

No it's usually a separate faction in my experience

Except its a faction thst removes a town win if they succeed most of the time.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Whats the point in directing votes, but not casting a vote yourself?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

DickBastardly posted:

Whats the point in directing votes, but not casting a vote yourself?

? Huh?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Eeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Also let's not vote BK.

I'd vote Aggro next.

CCKeane posted:

Aggro is the move imo.

No vote from CC, why?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

He didn't even pinky promise me! What does he have to hide? BLOOD ON HIS HANDS?!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Phone posting, thought I did vote him.

##vote Aggro

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mirotrem posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by explode, but I'd rather not rely on some mechanic to take care of Lord of Hats.
I'm calling you a scummy hypocrite.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm calling you a scummy hypocrite.

Scummy hypocrite of....?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Based on how the last two days have gone, I might as well assume that this bandwagon is going to keep on rolling. I'm playing the only way that I know how to -- posting regularly, trying to be as transparent as possible. Apparently this doesn't work when only a couple of other people are trying.

I'm John Toque. Generic good guy. My first post was "sup jive turkeys" to reflect this. I am not actually a big rear end nigga on a scooter IRL.

I have not used my night power yet.

CCKeane is the only one who has voted for me and actually explained why.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I could be moved by a claim, but I'd need to see a night action claim on that as well.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Stop rolefishing keane. But aggro you claiming your flavor doesn't tell us anything bc scum probably have fake claims

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Stop rolefishing keane. But aggro you claiming your flavor doesn't tell us anything bc scum probably have fake claims

Saying "I will need to see your role in order to unvote you" isn't rolefishing.

Continually asking for no discernible reason is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Or, to put it another way:

No.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Aggro posted:

Based on how the last two days have gone, I might as well assume that this bandwagon is going to keep on rolling. I'm playing the only way that I know how to -- posting regularly, trying to be as transparent as possible. Apparently this doesn't work when only a couple of other people are trying.

I'm John Toque. Generic good guy. My first post was "sup jive turkeys" to reflect this. I am not actually a big rear end nigga on a scooter IRL.

I have not used my night power yet.

CCKeane is the only one who has voted for me and actually explained why.

I explained why tho

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CCKeane posted:

Saying "I will need to see your role in order to unvote you" isn't rolefishing.

Continually asking for no discernible reason is.

I'm pretty sure asking for someone's role is the exact definition of rolefishing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure asking for someone's role is the exact definition of rolefishing.

Okay.

Then see point two.

No.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know what? I don't trust mirotrem being dumb, but I trust Keane stonewalling about everything and rolefishing even less.

##vote CCKeane

I feel good enough about this one to risk going into LYLO over it. We have a bit less than a day still, but it's gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to see anything towny about this shitshow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

You know what? I don't trust mirotrem being dumb, but I trust Keane stonewalling about everything and rolefishing even less.

##vote CCKeane

I feel good enough about this one to risk going into LYLO over it. We have a bit less than a day still, but it's gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to see anything towny about this shitshow.

Responding to a flavor claim with a request for a role claim and calling that rolefishing is Pretty Rich.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also pointing out that my stonewalling is apparently not revealing role information.

Kinda Shaky, PMush.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Responding to a flavor claim with a request for a role claim and calling that rolefishing is Pretty Rich.
I can't help but appreciate the use of Spooky Capital Letters.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I can't help but appreciate the use of Spooky Capital Letters.

I really am a fan of using capital letters for the emphasis of certain phrases, I think it works very well visually and also serves as sort of a visual metaphor where the thing that is capitalized is not just A Thing, but the platonic ideal of a thing, to the point that it should be capitalized the same way a proper noun is.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote CCKeane

Pmush. Will you pinky swear me your keeping it 100? Cuz you were just the vote leader and I have no idea who scum is. Cuz I am a bad mafs player but a good poo poo poster.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Pmush. Will you pinky swear me your keeping it 100? Cuz you were just the vote leader and I have no idea who scum is. Cuz I am a bad mafs player but a good poo poo poster.

Whoa, excuse me, I am King of the Shitposters.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Whoa, excuse me, I am King of the Shitposters.

Pff then why do I have this? 👑

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pff then why do I have this? 👑

Probably because you have a remarkably tiny head and a bloodline that reaches back to the greatest schemers and murderers of the time.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Probably because you have a remarkably tiny head and a bloodline that reaches back to the greatest schemers and murderers of the time.

Oh :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am always real.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, that's pretty reasonable.

Also, hi, Anarc! Sorry we haven't talked in a while. I'll bug you again when this game's over.

Hi darling. I've missed you :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hi darling. I've missed you :)
I'd bug you on Skype if it weren't for the ongoing game.

The past six months, however, I have no excuse for.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
When is the deadline?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

When is the deadline?

Tonight 10:00 Edt

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
Oh, I found it in the OP.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

I dont think Aggro is contributing as much as posing questions and positioning themselves to appear to be contributing. There are a lot of safe opinions and I find this questionable.

I agree with this. And your following reasoning re: rolefishing, contentless posturing. Helps flesh out my gut read.

##vote aggro

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, there's not much time left, but there's very little I can add. ANarc might be right, and the scum could have fakeclaims. I honestly forgot that was a thing.

I do have a night action (I imagine with this set up, just about everyone does). It has a positive aspect and a negative aspect, which is why I have not used it yet.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also after reading the last 3-4 pages of post at once, :laffo: at PMush calling me out for flip-flopping

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

what is this post

'stop asking about someone's role keane, but seriously aggro you need to tell us your role because we learn nothing otherwise'

you REALLY want to implicate Keane here for some reason, I feel like you know he's not rolefishing.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

With two people in a Masonry, a claimed 3P survivor, myself, and PMush who I feel pretty confidently is Town at this point, that leaves 6 people who could be scum. One of them is Lord of Hats, who hasn't posted in almost a week, so, nix that.

My best guess at this point is CPig.

CapitalistPig posted:

Well

##vote krell

He was incredibly quick to believe Ecco and throw a vote onto Krell day #1 (as in, within 2 minutes). He then unvoted hastily and finished the day without a vote.

Since then, he has done literally nothing but push for the lynch of BottleKnight, vehemently arguing that a third party is against the Town's interests. He has acknowledged that we would have to lynch him twice in order to remove him from the game, but he's kept his vote. This seems like the easiest way for a scum player to lay low and ensure that his vote is never against a Town player. Further, he hasn't given any input on any of today's developments.

##vote CapitalistPig

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

what is this post

'stop asking about someone's role keane, but seriously aggro you need to tell us your role because we learn nothing otherwise'

you REALLY want to implicate Keane here for some reason, I feel like you know he's not rolefishing.

I was going to make some post about how I hate it when someone I trust and have played multiple games with so I know their scum game makes a post that makes me want to flip flop votes. But I just noticed I never put a vote on CC Keane so yeah. Bk hits the nail on the head with this post.

Hypocrisy doesn't neccesarily mean scum but there is a lot of pushing against Keane doing anything close to scum hunting and it makes my nethers itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hypocrisy doesn't neccesarily mean scum but there is a lot of pushing against Keane doing anything close to scum hunting and it makes my nethers itch.

I agree with this train of thought. I think it's scummy, and I don't think ANarc's role is inherently townie (Kash just had a similar role in Windowless on a scumteam with me) but I think Aggro is probably still the better vote.

Aggro posted:

With two people in a Masonry, a claimed 3P survivor, myself, and PMush who I feel pretty confidently is Town at this point, that leaves 6 people who could be scum. One of them is Lord of Hats, who hasn't posted in almost a week, so, nix that.

My best guess at this point is CPig.

He was incredibly quick to believe Ecco and throw a vote onto Krell day #1 (as in, within 2 minutes). He then unvoted hastily and finished the day without a vote.

Since then, he has done literally nothing but push for the lynch of BottleKnight, vehemently arguing that a third party is against the Town's interests. He has acknowledged that we would have to lynch him twice in order to remove him from the game, but he's kept his vote. This seems like the easiest way for a scum player to lay low and ensure that his vote is never against a Town player. Further, he hasn't given any input on any of today's developments.

##vote CapitalistPig

I agree that Cpig has done nothing, that's just sort of... normal for him! Stubbornly voting me for like 3 days without actually replying to posts about why not to lynch me, just saying his own reasoning over and over again, was something I found very classic Cpig.

• Locked thread