Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I'm too lazy to search so is there one? if not we can use this one I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cleared the new raid in 14 over the weekend. Alexander was a fun boss fight.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There is one now pal.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

super sweet best pal posted:

Cleared the new raid in 14 over the weekend. Alexander was a fun boss fight.

Hell yes

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
FF15 looks cool abd FF12 i never played is getting a remake next year

Hell yes

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i didnt know you could suplex ghost train for two decades because i always used the other trick. thats my final fantasy story.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
whizzes and vrrs like a automaton before spitting out a small message on printer paper: FF12 is slept on

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

last year was the first time i ever played a final fantasy. i finished 4 last year and 7 a few days ago. starting 10 now and i am hyped for 15 (loved the plat demo)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

4 and 7 are both epic. which one was your favorite

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I believe Ragg has one for FF7 HD.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love 7, 10-2, and 12 International Zodiac Job System.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I love 7, 10-2, and 12 International Zodiac Job System.

*badmon voice with emphasis on first syllable* respect

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I love speedruns of 1 and 3/6.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell I love me some 2 as well.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

5 is my favorite

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this reminds me that i was playing 9 on the vita but got distracted... time to continue.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

rediscover posted:

4 and 7 are both epic. which one was your favorite

i liked 7 better overall because better characters

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The Kins posted:

i kind of fell off the ff series after the ps1

recently i watched someone play some ff12 on twitch and was kind of weirded out by how different all the gameplay mechanics were...

Embrace the future

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

rediscover posted:

5 is my favorite

I agree, the job system was fun to play around with.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I just got paid and I think I'm going to impulse buy Bravely Default because I love job systems even though I'm in the middle of playing DQ7 which also has one and is extremely good for a fairly good amount of other reasons

Soral
May 30, 2009

bravely default is really good;. enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that one FF Tactics mod

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
:twisted: ff8 is my favorite :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

:twisted: ff8 is my favorite :twisted:

XIII is mine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Before uhh 2 or 3 years ago I had only played the remakes of 1 - 4. But when I saw the E3 trailer for Lightning Returns I thought that it looked completely insane and wanted to try and figure out the context for it so I played FF 6 through XIII-2 skipping the MMOs. Very awesome year

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I was a dumb kid who didn't realize how junction worked so I spammed GFs in every fight in FF8 until things were dead.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real excited for the FF12 PS4 remaster over here, IZJS would be my favorite FF if it weren't for FF9

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I was a dumb kid who didn't realize how junction worked so I spammed GFs in every fight in FF8 until things were dead.

:same:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Before this year FFV was my favorite, but I played all 3 XIII games this year and can't decide between FFXIII and Lightning Returns. The Paradigm/Schemata system is in my top 3 RPG battle systems.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Before this year FFV was my favorite, but I played all 3 XIII games this year and can't decide between FFXIII and Lightning Returns. The Paradigm/Schemata system is in my top 3 RPG battle systems.

yeah I played both V and LR for the first time this year and they're freaking win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that it feels like LR was a different game and they just swapped in the cast of FFXIII and set it 10,000 years after the first two so the plot didn't have to make any sense and called it a day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's cool that it feels like LR was a different game and they just swapped in the cast of FFXIII and set it 10,000 years after the first two so the plot didn't have to make any sense and called it a day

more games should do this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats pretty much how majoras mask was made and everyone loved it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I talk about bravely second in this thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

last year was the first time i ever played a final fantasy. i finished 4 last year and 7 a few days ago. starting 10 now and i am hyped for 15 (loved the plat demo)

Play V and VI sir.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked being able to mess with the RGB sliders in the config menu to make all the menu boxes weird colors.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Can I talk about bravely second in this thread

Im going to buy it after I finish the DQ7 postgame and will post about it here as well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Im going to buy it after I finish the DQ7 postgame and will post about it here as well

It's insanely win

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im playing bravely 1

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heres my tier list, subject to change depending on wjhat day of the week it is, which one i most recently played, the wind/weather etc. :

9 > 13-3 > 6 > 10-2 > 13-2 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 4 > 3 > X > 12 > 1 > 2

tactics not included, but i like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

heres my tier list, subject to change depending on wjhat day of the week it is, which one i most recently played, the wind/weather etc. :

9 > 13-3 > 6 > 10-2 > 13-2 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 4 > 3 > X > 12 > 1 > 2

tactics not included, but i like it.

maybe 4 above 7 and 5 cos i like the music almost as much as 9s