Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Youga 2 is coming soon. who cares about lost slamvans when you can have d-van racing???

I find it pretty great that a bunch of us have Youga racing vans and now Rockstar is adding another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Thanks to trbrbr, vatthammer, buckshot, back_hack, user and anyone i forgot for helping me set up my operations. Was concerned that there aren't enough MC jobs but it turns out there's a bunch more missions available at clubhouse that are all pretty fun and seem to pay out well.

Other things i've learned;

A supply run (steal) fills 4 pips of your supply bar so you don't need to do them very often at all.

Riding in formation refills your health and armor.

A full compliment of businesses has a huge a daily upkeep cost of 24k :smith:

Pipebombs explode on impact.

The hackucho drag is hella fast.

The MC murals seem to be bugged and reset themselves.

The sell missions are very similar to the VIP sell missions.

Presidents, and vice presidents have a huge health and resistance buff.

The piracy prevention analogue takes 10 minutes longer but for the same payout.

Braining someone with a wrench at 150mph owns.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

The piracy prevention analogue takes 10 minutes longer but for the same payout.

And takes place on land.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

How the hell do you fix these e-measles. Tried verifying cache and texture quality shenanigans but it doesn't fix it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So can I trade my lovely office in for a weed farm MC? Because I only have $2.3m left and I want a sweet MC with a bike garage and some rad bikes, but I know I need to save for that awesome skull bike and rat rod Tornado :v:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
How are the payouts for MC members? I'd find out right after work but I have to do dumb things like buy hurricane supplies and remove potential missiles from the yard. It's a racket if you ask me.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

You can use the compact grenade launcher while on a motorcycle. God help us all.

If you don't buy the gunsafe in the clubhouse, but have the one from the office, you lose your custom load out when you go into MC mode. gently caress you rockstar

taters fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 4, 2016

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

TSBX posted:

remove potential missiles from the yard

It's your own drat fault for buying all those junker SCUDs and then just leaving them up on bricks for years, instead of working on them like you said you were going to.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there any differences in the biker properties besides the location?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Ripper Swarm posted:

It's your own drat fault for buying all those junker SCUDs and then just leaving them up on bricks for years, instead of working on them like you said you were going to.

To be fair, Saddam said it would only be a month or two, he reneged, not me. Haven't heard from him since. I'll bet he's on an island somewhere, blowing up crates.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How the hell do I:

Melee on a bike
Get my weed farm to actually grow weed

That said oh my god I missed this stupid loving bike so much

:swoon:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Floppychop posted:

Let me ask YOU a question: has this answer ever been not no?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If you delete your alt to use the rank duplication thing, do you lose all the clothing you've bought and stuff you've unlocked for it previously? 'cause that's a lot of time and money spent.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Floppychop posted:

Price and mural selection.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Let me ask YOU a question: has this answer ever been not no?

With the base properties and yachts, yes.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

SplitSoul posted:

If you delete your alt to use the rank duplication thing, do you lose all the clothing you've bought and stuff you've unlocked for it previously? 'cause that's a lot of time and money spent.

Yes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So can you own all the crime buisness things at the same time? because if so that's $30mil to spend right there.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Powershift posted:

So can you own all the crime buisness things at the same time? because if so that's $30mil to spend right there.

Sounds like goons better get on those crates that supply

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

put in a ticket to Rockstar support asking them to raise your alt to 120, see if they do it?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Powershift posted:

You can only own 1 of each. So 1 weed farm, 1 meth lab, 1 cash launderer, etc.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Sounds like goons better get on those crates that supply

better idea, someone call Dr Tim

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Floppychop posted:

With the base properties and yachts, yes.

base properties sure, some give you heists. Yachts? There's no difference because they're all worthless.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Powershift posted:

better idea, someone call Dr Tim

that's not funny powershit

(autocorrect did that not me but it seems fitting with your post so that's how it's gonna stay :) )

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

loving up some people's super badass formation riding with a hydra makes them lose their loving minds because of how long it takes for everyone to get their bikes again. It's possibly even better than crates.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

That tron bike looks cool theyre finally adding something close enough to the akira bike to satisfy me

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

best thing i'm seeing about this update is the opportunity to bash skulls and shoot grenades while riding a faggio

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh god, there's $1m worth of upgrades inside the businesses, too. The $650k forgery office seems to make $10k an hour, so ignoring resupply and stock sale stuff, it would take 60 hours of play time with it active to break even, ain't nobody playin this game for 60 hours.

edit: new math:

$650k op with no upgrades
$11k in warehouse value in 70 minutes
$16,500 sale option
10 minute mission to sell the things
$9k time bonus for the checkpoints
In the end it paid $36,800 for $11k worth of warehouse value.

A full warehouse would probably be around $50k, so it might be a 10 minute $100k mission every 4-5 hours per crime business. The upgrades add value and decrease production time, so once you drop $20 mil into all this poo poo, you might be able to pull $1mil an hour back out without much trouble.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 4, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I figured out the melee poo poo, with a 360 pad you hold X+A and hit either left bumper to swing left, right bumper to swing right.

It also works for guns, so you can pistol whip somebody while riding a bike.

And by pistol whip I mean

Bash their loving skull in with a sawed off grenade launcher.

PinMonkey
Dec 3, 2003

Anyone know if weed and such grows while playing as a CEO instead of a MC?

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Are any of the new bikes noticeably better than the Gargoyle/Cliffhanger for free roaming chaos?

Also, which parts of the MC money making setups are the most vulnerable to "interruptions". Can I poo poo all over your weed farms or w/e while they are making money?

I really need someone else to figure out the min/max on the operational side for me. I'll research making GBS threads all over other MCs for us.

taters fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 4, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

taters posted:

Are any of the new bikes noticeably better than the Gargoyle/Cliffhanger for free roaming chaos?

Also, which parts of the MC money making setups are the most vulnerable to "interruptions". Can I poo poo all over your weed farms or w/e while they are making money?

I really need someone else to figure out the min/max on the operational side for me. I'll research making GBS threads all over other MCs for us.

As far as i can tell, only the supply and sell things can be interfered with. you get a bonus for doing it with rival MCs in session.

I just bought and fully upgraded the top coke operation 10 minutes ago, so within an hour we should know it's ROI. I didn't get the security system but it says it reduces the chance of it being raided by enemies/cops, and i figured you could go bust that up when it pops up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"gently caress you say?" GTA edition

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

taters posted:

I'll research making GBS threads all over other MCs for us.
A gentleman and a scholar. :toot:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Mod Faggio is the greatest vehicle ever made for a video game

taters
Jun 13, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

The Mod Faggio is the greatest vehicle ever made for a video game

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/bza3.mp4?token=1476831419_05a046fdadc0e8f07de48addc8e6702ffdb13168

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

taters posted:

giant video

Not the Daisy Duke tied-up mid-riff version of that plaid top, 2/10

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Are you meant to have to found the MC all over again once you join a new GTA online session? Likewise, are you meant to have to reinvite people to join your MC every time they come online? Seems like a weird way of doing it. It means that you have to reassign club roles like enforcer, VP, SGT at arms etc every time you play.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gunder posted:

Are you meant to have to found the MC all over again once you join a new GTA online session? Likewise, are you meant to have to reinvite people to join your MC every time they come online? Seems like a weird way of doing it. It means that you have to reassign club roles like enforcer, VP, SGT at arms etc every time you play.

It works the same as the CEO stuff. you should be able to just re-activate your club, but you still have to invite eerybody every session.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not worth buying the businesses. The 3 mil total cost for the cocaine business makes $210k every 2 hours with about 40 mins worth of input, or $145k an hour with about half an hour input. so it will take 14 hours of play time with 7 hours of driving god drat vans everywhere just to make the money back, and another equivalent of that to have made more than just doing other poo poo

you can avoid the resupply missions buy buying supplies, but it's $75k to fill it, and the base level operation won't make $75k back off of that.

It's probably worthwhile for one person to buy one just to get some fresh missions out of it.

The contract missions in the clubhouse are garbage too, there's basically 3 of each and most of them don't pay gently caress all.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
This update looks interesting enough to pick up GTA Online again. How many goons are still activly playing this on PC? Last time I played it was full of hackers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukBwdjCKUVU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Can you buy the new bikes and mods at the regular stores and LSC/Bennys? Or do you need your own garage or some poo poo like that

• Locked thread