Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yaws posted:

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers is the worst of the Halloween movies.

I say this haven't seen Rob Zombies second Halloween movie.

It's actually Resurrection but Curse is right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

weekly font posted:

It's actually Resurrection but Curse is right there.

Ya got me. I totally forgot about the Busta Rhymes one.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I'm puzzled by their love for loving Conjuring 2. What garbage.

e: not putting the tweets down tonight!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ravenkult posted:

It is pretty hard to comprehend people who would praise the Conjuring 2/Cinderella Man/Sideways yet malign the wondrous glories that are Zoo and Neo Battlebots but to quote Tupac "2pac" Shakur I guess "that's just STAAAAAAAAATION."

I wish I had some bad movies I could request but I don't think I can really think of any. I'll always lobby for them to rewatch and do a Blame it on Rio episode AGAIN though. FOREVER.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Praising Conjuring 2 but saying Don't Breathe was awful smfh.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ravenkult posted:

It was a pretty good movie and I dig the 70's period pieces.
The scene where the lady is having the visions of Valak and the camera focuses on the "painting" when it's clearly the actual devil nun and then she turns the lights on and it was just the painting was legit super suspenseful and effective at being spooky

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Does "valak" get an enormo vial of jizz shoved in his face??? NO??? didn't think so.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
drat it, which one of you guys are responsible for this?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Steve brought up rape culture in the last episode, so I'm guessing they got a lovely comment about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JT Smiley posted:

I have a feeling these guys probably have some extremely lovely fans.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobservo posted:

Steve brought up rape culture in the last episode, so I'm guessing they got a lovely comment about it.
I'm guessing whoever that was didn't appreciate the whole Man Cave running gag, either.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

Where is this posted? I'm clicking around their Patreon page and I can't find it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's on their Facebook page.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

And now a couple of idiots have taken that as their cue to explain to us that rape culture isn't real because "everyone knows rape is bad".

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hollow Man is actually a pretty good movie to explain rape culture with, come to think of it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I missed Chris.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

precision posted:

I have a feeling these guys probably have some extremely lovely fans.

apart from us? yeah, definitely. This show is kind of a boy's club and I think misog' dudes gravitate to stuff like this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is the new episode out? It's not showing up on my podfeeder.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

well why not posted:

apart from us? yeah, definitely. This show is kind of a boy's club and I think misog' dudes gravitate to stuff like this.

Plus for all that the dudes seem like genuinely decent guys there's a bunch of rape/pedophilia jokes in like, 50% of the episodes.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't want to start a huge discourse, but to me the jokes are usually not at the expense of the victims, which makes it a lot less concerning to me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is the new episode out? It's not showing up on my podfeeder.

It is out, but it's not on the RSS feed yet for some reason

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

I don't want to start a huge discourse, but to me the jokes are usually not at the expense of the victims, which makes it a lot less concerning to me.

Pretty much agreed. There are off color jokes but most of them don't bother me. Then again I'm not a victim of any kind so YMMV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well why not posted:

I mean yeah. They go somewhat far out of their way to avoid being offensive. When they were making fun of Bill and Ted for using the word "fag", they refused to even say the actual word "fag", same with the N word and the C word.

Which is pretty refreshing, and if Andrew wasn't always fuckin' ding dong horse shittin around with his radio DJ voice I could listen to it at work without headphones.

love ya Jupin, ya lug

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The response on Facebook to that whole kerfuffle was also admirably adult on the part of the fans too tbh

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That scene in Honey I Shrunk The Kids when the ant dies really tore me up as a stupid child

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

That scene in Honey I Shrunk The Kids when the ant dies really tore me up as a stupid child

Who the hell has scorpions in their backyard is what I'm wondering.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TetsuoTW posted:

The response on Facebook to that whole kerfuffle was also admirably adult on the part of the fans too tbh

I was actually surprised by that. Any other podcast I listen to would have had dbags tripping over themselves to bitch about censorship or "pc culture". It was really refreshing to see so many level headed people agreeing whole hardedly.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

I was actually surprised by that. Any other podcast I listen to would have had dbags tripping over themselves to bitch about censorship or "pc culture". It was really refreshing to see so many level headed people agreeing whole hardedly.

I think at this point all MEMEWATCH listeners have dropped WHM already, because guys never shy away from riffing on sexist bullshit in movies.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"Did you hear that Splat Johnson got busted selling coke to minors at Bobby Buttons'? Not surprised, man."

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

"Did you hear that Splat Johnson got busted selling coke to minors at Bobby Buttons'? Not surprised, man."

Told ya

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

I think at this point all MEMEWATCH listeners have dropped WHM already, because guys never shy away from riffing on sexist bullshit in movies.

I like that these guys will just tell bigots, misogynists, and Trump supporters to gently caress off. Most of the other podcasts I listen to are closely tied to the host's day jobs and if they do ever approach the topic they do some beating around the bush of "the discourse in this country has gotten so bad, we don't want to piss anyone off but keep it civil in the comments", etc. Which, I get it, you need to make a living and it would suck to lose your job because some right wing assholes start calling your company saying they're Liberally Biased. But it's still disappointing.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It seems like classic NY, in podcast form. Lean left, support the mafia and tell strangers to gently caress off.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

It seems like classic NY, in podcast form. Lean left, support the mafia and tell strangers to gently caress off.

Not nearly enough digressions about pro sports. There are some but there could be many more. Then again, the amount of time they spend talking about Law & Order makes up for it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not nearly enough digressions about pro sports. There are some but there could be many more. Then again, the amount of time they spend talking about Law & Order makes up for it.

Well, if you consider Wresting as sport, I'd say they're right on quota.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

Well, if you consider Wresting as sport, I'd say they're right on quota.

I get annoyed with that because they all pretend they know nothing about wrestling.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Yeah, as a basketball lover I love the little hints they drop at being big NBA nerds.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

I get annoyed with that because they all pretend they know nothing about wrestling.

It was obvious when they namechecked Paul Heyman in an old episode that they always knew more about wrestling than they let on.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

It was obvious when they namechecked Paul Heyman in an old episode that they always knew more about wrestling than they let on.

Andrew I believe pretended not to know who John Cena was. Please!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Andrew I believe pretended not to know who John Cena was. Please!

They've always been pretty clear that they're knowledgeable about old-rear end wrestling and not so much about post-2000 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They've always been pretty clear that they're knowledgeable about old-rear end wrestling and not so much about post-2000 stuff.

Which is why all their references to wrestling are dated as gently caress. Andrew and Steve both admit to being fans in high school and dropping out around the same time that most of America did.

In episode they mention trying to watch a recent Wrestlemainia match and couldn't deal with the long rear end run time.