Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Dreddout posted:

Nuckle dragging Neanderthal spotted.

Who's Nuckle?

Neanderthals could speak, which instantly elevates them above most football fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Are you saying you don't recognize the branding :confused:

don't be dumb okay

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A lot of sports nerds mad ITT.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

There is a literally no way any European will hear the words 'The World Cup' and not immediately assume you're talking about football/soccer. There is no way to not know when it's going on unless you actively ignore all forms of media and never go outside.

I think it's sad that you don't know much about European cultures and all the world cups they celebrate. Do they not have ice or snow where you're from?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: there's a baseball world cup. The only participants ever have been Finland, Sweden, Australia, Southern Australia (?), Germany, Estonia, and Switzerland. Frankly I'm amazed anyone outside of Finland even plays baseball. And that Mongolia hasn't participated.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 11:43 on Oct 4, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Who's Nuckle?

Zonic's friend

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I laughed way harder at this dumb loving joke than anyone should.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

What the gently caress is this absolutely lovely triple post even :confused:

I wish it never happened :smith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

What the gently caress is this absolutely lovely triple post even :confused:

I wish it never happened :smith:

Oh gosh I'm sorry I should've realized

hyperhazard posted:

I work right next to a stadium, so every so often the chit-chat will turn to sports. We're talking really simple water-cooler chatting that anyone could follow. There's always that one guy.

:) "Oh hey, is the team playing this weekend?"
:cool: "Yeah, they've been doing well so far."
:) "Oh that's cool."
:cool: "They're doing better than last year, at lea--"
:byodood: "I just don't GET sports."

Every goddamn time.

was a STDH.TXT. People really should source their quotes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I feel like at least some of the "heh I don't even WATCH sports I don't even KNOW who our local team is" smugness is some sort of defense mechanism - they know that if they started talking to some random stranger about the latest episode of Kokoro Fighter Mitsune they'd respond with "uh, sorry, I don't really follow any of that or know what that is" so they feel the need to get in first with a "well I don't like YOUR thing so THERE".

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

garfield hentai posted:

I feel like at least some of the "heh I don't even WATCH sports I don't even KNOW who our local team is" smugness is some sort of defense mechanism - they know that if they started talking to some random stranger about the latest episode of Kokoro Fighter Mitsune they'd respond with "uh, sorry, I don't really follow any of that or know what that is" so they feel the need to get in first with a "well I don't like YOUR thing so THERE".

You're projecting a lot. Some people don't like to watch sports, or to be up to date on them, simply because they don't care. It doesn't mean that they're into anime.

It's like that photo that was going around some time ago in which cosplayers compared themselves to idiot frat people drinking in excess and doing drugs ("how come WE are the problem ? ") , as if there were no other options.

Edit. Autocorrect transformed problem into premier.

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Oct 5, 2016

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I myself am one of those people who do not like to watch sports or to be up to date on them because I don't care. I also don't smugly insert myself into conversations about sports or make LOL WHAT'S THIS SPORTSBALL EVENT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT?? BEATS ME Facebook posts during the Super Bowl to let everyone know how much I don't care.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Holy poo poo, post some content.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

This is Obvious Plant- he does stuff like this all the time (though he's usually planting stuff in grocery stores and such). Not actually a STDH. You can tell because he puts his logo on it.

For reference.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

This is Obvious Plant- he does stuff like this all the time (though he's usually planting stuff in grocery stores and such). Not actually a STDH. You can tell because he puts his logo on it.

For reference.

Whoops! Now that I saw that I understand how the card would actually play something -- I misunderstood.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

garfield hentai posted:

I myself am one of those people who do not like to watch sports or to be up to date on them because I don't care. I also don't smugly insert myself into conversations about sports or make LOL WHAT'S THIS SPORTSBALL EVENT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT?? BEATS ME Facebook posts during the Super Bowl to let everyone know how much I don't care.

The vast majority of caring people do about sports is because they are betting money on them, legally or illegally. After that comes local pride. After that comes sports as a way to have fun go to a bar or gather with people, an excuse to do some drinking or eat some unhealthy food. Few people actually care because of the games themselves, and those people are weirdos.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The vast majority of caring people do about sports is because they are betting money on them, legally or illegally. After that comes local pride. After that comes sports as a way to have fun go to a bar or gather with people, an excuse to do some drinking or eat some unhealthy food. Few people actually care because of the games themselves, and those people are weirdos.

Welp

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

So you've never been to Texas, I see.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Oh word?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

kangarookie more like oldpainless, amirite?

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

I, too, believe that it is impossible for anyone to enjoy anything I don't like myself. It's a normal and good way for adults to feel.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
You fucks!!! Please stop grooming the skidmarks out of your underwear about sports & whether people truly like them!

Here's a NAW that falls under the category of "Why are you even sharing this"

A Shift In Their Behavior
FAST FOOD | USA | BIZARRE/SILLY, COWORKERS
(Coworker #1 and I are very good friends. Our way of showing our love for each other tends to be very sarcastic, and playfully “violent,” in manner. Usually we work the morning shift together, and our other coworkers have long since gotten used to our behavior. This particular day, however, I have worked the lunch shift and Coworker #1 is working dinner, so our paths are crossing at three pm among coworkers who have never worked with both of us together.)

Coworker #1: “[My Name]! I haven’t seen you in forever!” *steps on my toes* “Why did you abandon me?”

Me: *extricates my foot and lightly kicks her ankle* “Uh uh. You abandoned me. And I was glad, anyway. I didn’t want to see you.”

Coworker #1: “Well, fine. I’d have ended up having to pick up all your slack, loser. At least now I can work in peace.”

Me: “Ugh. You’re so annoying. I hate you.”

Coworker #1: “Well, I hate you, too. So there.” *smacks me lightly on the arm and turns to put her purse in the lockers*

(We both turn around to find all coworkers in earshot staring at us in shock. I think the only reason they believed our explanation was that they all knew either one or both of us separately, so they knew we weren’t mean people!)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Imagining the person who writes that story and then posts it hoping for approval or for others to enjoy it makes me indescribably sad

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
They're trying to act like they're living in a sitcom, but they don't have the creativity to come up with any actually funny situations. I used to know someone just like that :cripes: She also used to magically be in a situation where an old person was offended by her short hair, and she would devastate them with a witty one liner twice a week. Every single time it followed the same structure and every time people thought it was real.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Imagining the person who writes that story and then posts it hoping for approval or for others to enjoy it makes me indescribably sad

This is like 99% of the stories in this thread. Under the layers of obnoxiousness and stupidity there's just a sad, crippling need for someone, anyone please, to find them likable or entertaining. Or at least notice they exist for an brief period

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Weatherman posted:

kangarookie more like oldpainless, amirite?

:catstare:

oldpainless I am EXTREMELY disappointed in you right now. Go back to your old name immediately.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dogfish posted:

I, too, believe that it is impossible for anyone to enjoy anything I don't like myself. It's a normal and good way for adults to feel.

The people who know the exact stats and call in constantly to sports shows and stuff, those are the weirdos I was talking about. Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. The game is plenty enjoyable.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

The people who know the exact stats and call in constantly to sports shows and stuff, those are the weirdos I was talking about. Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. The game is plenty enjoyable.

That's literally the opposite of what you said but I am certainly not interested in continuing this derail.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dogfish posted:

That's literally the opposite of what you said but I am certainly not interested in continuing this derail.

My apologies.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
STDH.txt as reported by several large media outlets:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-a7340796.html

A woman says that she was asked to move from her seat on an airplane because sitting next to a woman was against the beliefs of Pakistani monks. In orange clothing.

Which obviously seems like a funny story, because Pakistan is a Muslim country, and there are no Muslim monks, and the Orange robes seem to be Buddhist. Something might have happened, but the story as reported seems suspicious, to say the least.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Xen Tricks posted:

This is like 99% of the stories in this thread. Under the layers of obnoxiousness and stupidity there's just a sad, crippling need for someone, anyone please, to find them likable or entertaining. Or at least notice they exist for an brief period

Maybe he's (assuming) in love with her and will show her the NAW post and they'll fall in dork love. :3:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:catstare:

oldpainless I am EXTREMELY disappointed in you right now. Go back to your old name immediately.

more like oldnameless

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Terrorists

quote:

This troper once had a Heroic BSOD (or Villainous Breakdown) whereby he ranted on about rather evil nasty stuff. So nasty it was that National Security was called on him, and the police questioned me about whether I was one of the Terrorists Without A Cause. Sure enough, he just co-operated with the cops, and then they checked his unit - he was found innocent and they dropped the charges. Phew!

Shower

quote:

This troper, after a Ugandan discussion, had to go through the living room to get to the shower (tiny apartment), through where a prude roommate of his was at the computer. For giggles, he strode by her using his pants and underwear as object underwear.

Physics

quote:

This troper Hand Waved away how her experiment went wrong by saying only, "Physics." just to see who would catch on. Since this was her high school's Science Fair, no one did.
This troper's uni has a crappy physics department if you are not taking physics as a major. His lab reports are always rife with bad data and numbers, and often my group speeds through the current experiment to get it over with. To handwave obviously wrong results, we simply note in our report that there were errors (and since they don't let the non-majors near the good equipment, this normally works.).

Sewing

quote:

A wonderful, sort of inverted from the Main Page examples was in This Troper's (Tzapporah) AP US History class. We had gotten to the Industrial Revolution and the teacher was attempting to make a point about how something that is underappreciated and underused today was pivotal in the American Industrial Revolution, namely: the sewing machine. For full effect, imagine this in a very heavy Georgian (as in the state) accent with a fluctuating volume (emphasized here by caps)
Mr. Boyd: How many o' y'all know how important the SOWIN' MACHINE was to the Industrial Revolution, and now how many y'all ever even TURNED ON a SOWIN' MACHINE?
Class: *after a beat realizes this is not rhetorical, and all 35 hands go up*
Mr. Boyd:*without missing a beat* How many y'all know how to SET UP a SOWIN' MACHINE?
Class:*2 hands go down*
Mr. Boyd:*not to be disconcerted* How many y'all ever MADE anythin' on the SOWIN' MACHINE?
Class:*2 more hands go down*
Mr. Boyd:*quickly recovering* How many y'all ever made any CLOTHES on the SOWIN' MACHINE?
Class:*2 more hands go down*
Mr. Boyd:*realizes that he's not making his point tries one more last-ditch effort and turns to a girl sitting near him, pointing at her shirt* R____! I bet you didn't make THAT on the SOWIN' MACHINE!
R____:*Looks down at her SWEATER, then looks back at him* It's knit, Mr. Boyd.
Class: All rolling on the ground laughing by this point.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Khazar-khum posted:

So nasty it was

:jerkbag:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Why do you question it? They even pressed charges against him!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I don't fully understand what any of this means but it sounds like sexual assault

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Danaru posted:

I don't fully understand what any of this means but it sounds like sexual assault

I googled "object underwear" and TV tropes was the first hit. It means holding an object against your body to cover yourself. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandOrObjectUnderwear

This is dumb as if you have underwear and pants, why are you holding them against your body instead of wearing them? On the other hand, this poo poo didn't happen.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

His pov: "Ha ha I really screwed with my prude roommate, what an ice queen"

Her's: "Goddamn it that disgusting Gary keeps waving his tiny dick around, I can't wait for the lease to be up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Khazar-khum posted:

Terrorists

quote:

This troper once had a Heroic BSOD (or Villainous Breakdown) whereby he ranted on about rather evil nasty stuff. So nasty it was that National Security was called on him, and the police questioned me about whether I was one of the Terrorists Without A Cause. Sure enough, he just co-operated with the cops, and then they checked his unit - he was found innocent and they dropped the charges. Phew!

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: they checked his unit