Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Matt is getting so much air time. Probably going home. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Exile Beach! Phoning in the twists.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Good loving riddance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Good loving riddance.
right

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'd be more mad about that twist if it actually voted out someone I liked.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Did I miss Kylie using her idol somewhere in the midst of the 87 episodes of Australian Survivor so far?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And to be fair to this twist, I was expecting something much worse, like the four people out of the challenge being the only people for whom one could vote. Exile with three other people and a hidden idol was tame next to what they've done this season.

Seating them apart from the others for tribal to prevent collusion was a nice touch.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Did I miss Kylie using her idol somewhere in the midst of the 87 episodes of Australian Survivor so far?

She used after the switch during the 2-2-2 tie for Nick, Tegan and her in which Tegan got voted out on the revote

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Matty and Jenna-Louis realize they aren't in the core of the alliance. :peanut:

Flick knew Nick just revealed everything. Tries to convince Sue he was wrong. "I know I'm not going to win." Sue pauses at that. Sue knows she's a liar. :peanut:

Flick wants Matty out. Brooke wants Kylie out.

This is the second episode where Matty is getting sad music and talking about home. :ohdear:

Getting punished for dropping out of the challenge early? Neat.

Exile? Eh. (Flick, Lee, Matty, Sue)

Good for JL, winning immunity. She's been a little invisible the past couple episodes.

It's so frustrating how many episodes go by with Kylie completely unaware that she's the bottom of her alliance at best... and as revealed in this episode, the number one target for one of the core members of her alliance. :downs:

Flick saying so much crap at tribal. Surprise Flick vote-out? :allears:

Kylie. "You have to believe the people you want to believe." :nallears:

Bad move for Brooke's Trio. Voting out someone who wanted so bad for you to include her and would have been a solid number for you until whenever you wanted to knock her out.

I'm not sure where Sam is or why Matt voted Sue because it seemed like he finally understood the pecking order. If Brooke Trio + Lee stay strong than everyone else is going to need to come together to knock one of them out. I'm losing hope that anyone outside of the Brooke Trio is going to win. But knocking out Kylie was a good step because it doesn't seem like she ever would have realized it was in her best interest to flip.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 4, 2016

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Kylie was a goldmine of stupidity this week.

"I'm hoping the original Sanaapu 5 will stay strong, but it seems Lee and El are part of it now, so I'm hoping the 7 stay strong" doesn't seem to realize she is below Lee and El in a 7 person alliance *_*

"Gotta trust somebody" Lke the people who have been trying to get rid of you all game.

"People need to start playing the game," Kylie, after getting voted out, during a vote she again went along with what the majority alliance told her to do. She was a real bad player. Glad she's gone, even if it dooms us to a FlickBrooke win.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Seriously though, there's 18 episodes of this show now. When's the last time El actually spoke or had a confessional??

I think I've moved past my disgust at the lack of gameplay. I'm ready to put it on cruise control and laugh as all these idiots get mowed down one by one.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think they're setting it up for Flick to take the fall and Brooke to come out on top by the end.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

TUESDAY SPOILERS BELOW

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She's gone she's gone she's gone She's gone she's gone she's gone She's gone she's gone she's gone She's gone she's gone she's gone

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Lee has lost so much muscle. Jesus.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
people need to wake up

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like that Jenna-Louise is using her position as immunity-winner to try and stir things up from a safe seat. It's smart.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Wake up sheeple

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

:(

Suuuuuueeeee

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Matt's vote for Sue. He's gonna be scarred for life

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, pretty lame..

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Matt's vote for Sue. He's gonna be scarred for life
lol yeah he will be gone after next tribal council after kristy and JL are gone

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the so called mentalist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The pecking order

Matt, Sam, and Kristie handing the game to Brooke/Flick.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Everything about Brooke's and Flick's faces during that tribal made me want to punch them. It was Survivor: High School.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.

Everything about Brooke's and Flick's faces during that tribal made me want to punch them. It was Survivor: High School.

Yep, they are terrible. But everyone else is so dumb, they deserve to win at this point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm on suicide team JL. She has done nothing wrong, many things right, and gotten unlucky. She was picked for Sanaapu to be gotten rid of, and they've failed so far.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

I could really be getting behind Brooke's game if she wasn't so god drat smug.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

Agreed

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't like them either but the best game of Survivor is a boring one. You wouldn't be doing anything different in their shoes.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'm enjoying Matt's portrayal as a complete dumbass.

JL coming from nowhere to serve as the plucky hero for a few episodes was a nice development.

rip sue.
rip phoebe. RIP PHOEBE FOREVER.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

and yet! she's like the 4th smuggest person left somehow.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
kind of hoping someone smarts up and pulls something that works, the girls have been getting away with mediocre level plays all game

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
This show is a real drag

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

I'm on suicide team JL. She has done nothing wrong, many things right, and gotten unlucky. She was picked for Sanaapu to be gotten rid of, and they've failed so far.

I mean, I was a lil' pissed when she went invisible and appeared to to be trying to stand with Brooke and co. when they merged. But I think 1. She thought she was in with the girls, because they are pretty good at this game and convinced her of this 2. Her other options involved recruiting numbers from Matt, Kylie and Nick who were all incompetent or blind.

I think one thing is Brooke is closer to Sam than people realize. There was a hint of it in one confessional, when he went after Nick the first time. I think this is because she knows she can beat him, whereas it's more of a toss up between her and Flick. I think Flick legitimately wants to go to the end with Brooke, at least as far as we've seen.

And I dunno about El, I think she wants to make a move with Lee, but everyone sees that pretty clearly. Neither seems very adept at the game, but it's hard to tell (I hate El either way).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The distinct subtext from chitchat this episode is that there are two couples being rude on either side of Flick, and actually she's the moron for not taking that seriously.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh my god.

Listening to RHAP Recap on these two episodes. I didn't even notice, but apparently Matt proposed a split vote. The only people not in that conversation were Jenna-Louis and Sue and Jenna-Louis had the immunity necklace. So they're going to put votes on Sue and... one of the people listening to you, Matt? loving idiot.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There was a whole scene about it... Sam was giving a confessional about how uncomfortable he was that Kristie was there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've been yahta-yahta-ing the show a bit. 1.5x speed normally. 2x through boring conversations/confessionals. 4x through challenges.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
At this point, even if there is a flip against the majority we will still end up with an unsatisfying winner since Matt, Kristie, and Jenna-Louise have all been varying degrees of stupid or invisible for most of the game.

I guess I'm rooting for some convoluted situation where there is a flip and Sam, El, Flick, and Lee all go out back to back but Brooke somehow still sneaks into the Finals through some crazy combination of luck, Immunity wins, and social maneuvering after the alliance collapse. What a weird season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Mills posted:

There was a whole scene about it... Sam was giving a confessional about how uncomfortable he was that Kristie was there.

I think, while we all realize that he's proposing that with Kristie there and we as the viewer know they want Kristie as the back-up, the point is that if Matt considers the entire tribe, who is present for this conversation, and who isn't present, then he's proposing a split vote and the non-Sue person has to be one of the people that are taking part in the conversation. Like, even if they hadn't already decided on Kristie, it would have to be one of those people regardless. I didn't realize that while watching either.

Edit: Although if they explicitly said that part too then I just missed that as well. I've become pretty checked out on this season at this point

• Locked thread