Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
If we are guaranteed that cpig is scum. Now bear with me here cuz this is kind of a lovely argument.

But shouldn't we vote for another possible scum because we already know pig is?

I'm just honestly curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I think you are a tracker. A scum tracker. I've explained most of my mirotrem is town thoughts I think but when I get back to a computer instead of a phone I'll summarize them for you if you'd like.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not only are you not advancing town causes, you are actively attempting to prevent people from discussing who else might be scum. Especially when that someone is you. You're on the defensive, you're scrambling to come up with arguments, to change the subject, or to otherwise draw attention away from every issue with your claim that I've brought up.

Because you want us to talk about CPig some more. And yet, you just called me a liar about him being scum, what, half an hour ago? You sure dropped that quick, didn't you?

lol..really?

I called you a liar before I read my PM, so what exactly is your point?

I don't believe anything you are posting and before you get CPig lynched, I want to hear from him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

If we are guaranteed that cpig is scum. Now bear with me here cuz this is kind of a lovely argument.

No because we are probably nearing LYLO.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A just-claimed jailer who was flavor counter-claimed by Jimson? Are Jimson and I both scum? If not, why would Jimson back me up by counter-claiming?

No, because if we're wrong about the possible scum, in LYLO, we don't get another chance. If you believe me, you should vote for the person who is in that context guaranteed to be scum, over someone that might be, even if that chance is 99.9% (and it almost never is).

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

If we we think PMush is scum, why would we believe anything she has to say about CPig being scum?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mirotrem posted:

If we we think PMush is scum, why would we believe anything she has to say about CPig being scum?
Who is the 'we'? There's no votes on me, and yet there's 3 on CPig, and there have been several on and off on you.

BottleKnight posted:

I think you are a tracker. A scum tracker. I've explained most of my mirotrem is town thoughts I think but when I get back to a computer instead of a phone I'll summarize them for you if you'd like.
I would be very interested to hear this. Legitimately. I want to believe you're just mistaken, rather than that both of Pig's scumbuddies are falling over themselves to defend him. That would be a really unsatisfying ending to what so far has been a great (if bumpy) return to Mafia.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

A just-claimed jailer who was flavor counter-claimed by Jimson? Are Jimson and I both scum? If not, why would Jimson back me up by counter-claiming?

No, because if we're wrong about the possible scum, in LYLO, we don't get another chance. If you believe me, you should vote for the person who is in that context guaranteed to be scum, over someone that might be, even if that chance is 99.9% (and it almost never is).

Jimson wasn't backing you up, he thought we had the same flavor and was voting me because of that. That has nothing to do with you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Okay, the 'we' includes BK. This is what I get for trying to run multi-threaded arguments in the same post.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, yeesh, Pig's at -2.

##unvote

We're still gonna kill him, but I'd rather not see him turbohammered before we finish this very fruitful conversation, especially with a day and change left on the clock.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
umm
lol pmush

I don't see how that is possible since I don't have an active night action.

either pmush scum or some kind of night action fuckery happened

I am a weird rear end role that jails someone on the night after they visit me, sort of like a jailing night after pgo? bizarre poo poo.

but whateves Im not paying attention to this game anyway.

go ahead and lynch me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

umm
lol pmush

I don't see how that is possible since I don't have an active night action.

either pmush scum or some kind of night action fuckery happened

I am a weird rear end role that jails someone on the night after they visit me, sort of like a jailing night after pgo? bizarre poo poo.

but whateves Im not paying attention to this game anyway.

go ahead and lynch me.
Are you willing to answer questions about your role and the effects? Have you been visited by anyone before me last night? Do you get to know if you were? Do you get to know who did it?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, yeesh, Pig's at -2.

##unvote

We're still gonna kill him, but I'd rather not see him turbohammered before we finish this very fruitful conversation, especially with a day and change left on the clock.

Why not turbo, if we have no doubt about his alignment?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

DickBastardly posted:

Why not turbo, if we have no doubt about his alignment?

Because he might slip up and name a scumbro.

Like with Pmushes question. He could name a scumbro and they could say OH YEAH TOTALLY VISITED HIM and then we know.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
AnonNarc....where you at?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

AnonNarc....where you at?

Last night they asked me in doc who to invite. I couldn't give my opinion because I was busy with eccos game and they shot it out like... last night. So no idea of they're just busy or playing the waiting game :shrug:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Okay so quick question just to gauge the waters.

Whats everyones opinion on
Pmush

What's everyones opinion on
Cpig if Pmush was lying scum?

I honestly think Pmush is town, and its gonna take A LOT to convince me otherwise now.

And I still think cpig is scummy as hell even if pmush lied because she could have come to the conclusion with cpig that he's done for and made the decision to bus the afk poster but
:shrug:

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Last night they asked me in doc who to invite. I couldn't give my opinion because I was busy with eccos game and they shot it out like... last night. So no idea of they're just busy or playing the waiting game :shrug:

Wouldn't you see additional mason members?..Who did he recruit last night?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

Wouldn't you see additional mason members?..Who did he recruit last night?

No one joined doc at all. Sadly they arnt here to discuss if it failed or if they just didn't get the action in.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi I was at work. I tried to recruit keane but it failed bc he dead

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Pmush why did you track piggy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you willing to answer questions about your role and the effects? Have you been visited by anyone before me last night? Do you get to know if you were? Do you get to know who did it?

I have not been alerted when I have been visited this far and my pm specifically says I will not know if I have been targeted or who did so.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Pmush why did you track piggy

CapitalistPig posted:

lol aggro scum.

##vote aggro

This was the hammer, by the way.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Like I said, role madness. Maybe there's an actual jailer who's going to counterclaim your rear end. I'm not going to jump into setup speculation about why I was blocked when you're in the middle of loving exploding on the launchpad with your attempts to discredit me. You're trying to change the subject away from literally every argument I have. It didn't work for Mike Pence, and it's not gonna work for you.

But you wanna play that game? I can play that game.

Please don't tell us what your role is (unless you already claimed and I just missed it), but knowing what you do, is it feasible that there are other reasons that your action might fail? Especially ones that scum would know about?

There isn't a built-in failure mechanism to my power, no.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

There isn't a built-in failure mechanism to my power, no.
Okay, thank you.

Okay, so right now, here's what I think is happening. I wanna get all my thoughts down in one place, instead of scattered over like five pages. I'll give my opinions on everyone that I can, just in case I get shot tonight.

- :siren: I tracked CPig to Keane :siren:, and CPig claims a non-action role. The only way, from my perspective, that Pig isn't lying is if there's a scum (or otherwise unclaimed) bus driver.
- miro called me a liar right out of the gate, then backpedaled a few minutes later because they, supposedly, didn't read their night 3 PM. I've been pushing them since and all I've seen is some very questionable logic, deflecting or outright suspicious responses, and attempts to get people to stop talking about who else might be scum. They sound very, very much like a newbie scum getting coached to try and recover from a massive gaff/scumslip.
- BottleKnight very strongly believes me to be a scum tracker, and has said they will elaborate further when they get home. I want to believe they are just mistaken, but I have not ruled out the possibility
- ANarc came right in with a very sensible question so, roles aside, I'm liking her play today. I admittedly may be biased because I think she's rad, but I wanna see more content from her before I make a real decision.
- Jimson is waffling really badly, but counterclaimed miro's flavor claim. I can't see any situation where CPig, miro, and Jimson could all be scum and act that way, because it's be a perfect chain of outing themselves and one another.
- Dick has felt very passive so far. Everything is either setup speculation, hard fact, or newbie question (like 'why not turbo?'), except the CPig vote, which might be the most :bandwagon: vote I've ever agreed with. But still, they are new, so that could explain a lot of things. I would very much like to hear some more opinions about who else they think is scum and why. Don't worry about being right or wrong, just be honest.
- Krunge has been totally silent since page 15, yesterday, and didn't exactly give a wealth of information before that. I'm really feeling the Capps gambit here.
- Lord of Hats answered the question I posed, but hasn't been actively involved in a lynch since Krell. I know you fell behind because of personal issues, Hats, so, going only on the events that happened today, who do you trust or distrust, and why?

TL;DR:
My vote is metaphorically on Cpig, but is currently on no one because I am very worried about a turbohammer, either from scum or someone getting overzealous (or the former pretending to be the ladder). I am also very very suspicious of miro and will very likely continue to push for their dunk tomorrow. Still, bigger fish to fry right now.

And I want to hear opinions from Hats and Dick.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

You won't have to worry about anymore waffling from me. I am strong in my convictions. I guess I was super focused on my counter claim while ignoring the fact that yeah... Cpig is still the best scum candidate possible.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's still a good thing to keep in mind, but we'll pursue it tomorrow.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

It is definitely past and future R Chase, because that would own.

I think mirotrem is town. A scum claiming town jailor would have no, NO reason to say he hosed up his result.

PMush is probably scum bussing her scumbud after Jimson and I basically stopped targeting each other and were about to agree to go after cpig. Her trying to victory lap mirotrem is also really scummy to me.

Cpigs lunch is still mission priority though.

Yeah that summarizes why I think you're scum PMush. I don't really need to elaborate. It's pretty clear to me.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I would be very interested to hear this. Legitimately. I want to believe you're just mistaken, rather than that both of Pig's scumbuddies are falling over themselves to defend him. That would be a really unsatisfying ending to what so far has been a great (if bumpy) return to Mafia.

Thank you for your pity, but you can stop gaslighting me now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimson are you 3P? Your wincon sounds 3P.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I don't have time to think about this bullshit right now. Hard opinions later.

Big unfortunate part is its there's a non-0% chance of this being lylo. Near 100% if BK is really third party, and also willing to vote with scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

but when I get back to a computer instead of a phone I'll summarize them for you if you'd like.

BottleKnight posted:

I don't really need to elaborate. It's pretty clear to me.

Why the change of tune?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And on that note what the gently caress is a victory lap?

What would you rather me do, tunnel vision and block out discussion? I have repeatedly made myself clear on my position RE: CPig, so why should that be all I talk about?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Either people believe me or they don't. I've made my defense case (which absolutely no one has refuted or challenged, by the way, and which included the possibility of me being a scum tracker), and I've explained my reason for tracking CPig last night.

What else can I reasonably be expected to do to convince people of my role?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, thank you.

Okay, so right now, here's what I think is happening. I wanna get all my thoughts down in one place, instead of scattered over like five pages. I'll give my opinions on everyone that I can, just in case I get shot tonight.

- :siren: I tracked CPig to Keane :siren:, and CPig claims a non-action role. The only way, from my perspective, that Pig isn't lying is if there's a scum (or otherwise unclaimed) bus driver.
- miro called me a liar right out of the gate, then backpedaled a few minutes later because they, supposedly, didn't read their night 3 PM. I've been pushing them since and all I've seen is some very questionable logic, deflecting or outright suspicious responses, and attempts to get people to stop talking about who else might be scum. They sound very, very much like a newbie scum getting coached to try and recover from a massive gaff/scumslip.
- BottleKnight very strongly believes me to be a scum tracker, and has said they will elaborate further when they get home. I want to believe they are just mistaken, but I have not ruled out the possibility
- ANarc came right in with a very sensible question so, roles aside, I'm liking her play today. I admittedly may be biased because I think she's rad, but I wanna see more content from her before I make a real decision.
- Jimson is waffling really badly, but counterclaimed miro's flavor claim. I can't see any situation where CPig, miro, and Jimson could all be scum and act that way, because it's be a perfect chain of outing themselves and one another.
- Dick has felt very passive so far. Everything is either setup speculation, hard fact, or newbie question (like 'why not turbo?'), except the CPig vote, which might be the most :bandwagon: vote I've ever agreed with. But still, they are new, so that could explain a lot of things. I would very much like to hear some more opinions about who else they think is scum and why. Don't worry about being right or wrong, just be honest.
- Krunge has been totally silent since page 15, yesterday, and didn't exactly give a wealth of information before that. I'm really feeling the Capps gambit here.
- Lord of Hats answered the question I posed, but hasn't been actively involved in a lynch since Krell. I know you fell behind because of personal issues, Hats, so, going only on the events that happened today, who do you trust or distrust, and why?

TL;DR:
My vote is metaphorically on Cpig, but is currently on no one because I am very worried about a turbohammer, either from scum or someone getting overzealous (or the former pretending to be the ladder). I am also very very suspicious of miro and will very likely continue to push for their dunk tomorrow. Still, bigger fish to fry right now.

And I want to hear opinions from Hats and Dick.

The CPig case seems pretty slam-dunk to me.

As far as I'm seeing things, we're either lynching CPig or we're lynching you for lying about your tracker results. If we happen to be in LYLO (I don't *think* we are--5 scum is a *lot*), well, that's too bad. If we *aren't*, then lynching CPig and using the result as part of our outlook on you seems like the right play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why the change of tune?

I said in that first post that I thought had already said my thoughts. Turned out they were all in one post! I don't need to repeat my case, you can read my posts.

Poison Mushroom posted:

And on that note what the gently caress is a victory lap?

What would you rather me do, tunnel vision and block out discussion? I have repeatedly made myself clear on my position RE: CPig, so why should that be all I talk about?

A victory lap is when you are SO SURE that mirotrem is scum that you say he's gonna be a classic scum meltdown example for a long time. For one thing it's lovely, but also that kind of certainty is scummy. There are valid reasons why mirotrem might be scum, yes, but it's also very likely hes just town who thought he had caught you in a lie. Your smugness is tunnel vision, I don't know why you implied that they're separate things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:shrug:

I'm not scum but I understand and accept if y'all wanna lynch me today. It'll help catch scum so do it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't feel like Pmush is coming from a scummy place and it's more likely there's a bus driver.

So I'm gonna just go with ##vote bk

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't feel like Pmush is coming from a scummy place and it's more likely there's a bus driver.

Still haven't read yet but there is a bus driver.

It's called EccoRaven. Also, dead.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

So are you suggesting there was two scum-aligned bus drivers, or are you saying that there's a town bus driver who hasn't spoken up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Bk I'm not really understanding your case on pmush.

Are we in lylo? I'm bad at math

• Locked thread