Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Do you think it was fate that gave me these abs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Do you believe it was divine intervention that gave me THESE ABS

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Bit of a plodding match between them, they seemed a step off

FINALLY JACK'S TIME TO TRIUMPH

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealDarioCueto/status/783824648236441600

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope this series is setting up for them to bring in Cage's pro-trump rudo work.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hahaha the "get your poo poo in" chants

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hope this series is setting up for them to bring in Cage's pro-trump rudo work.

I hope Cage just sweeps him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why not both? Cage sweeps and wins the opportunity to deport one of the AAA guys.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope Cage just sweeps him

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sami Callahan, dirtbag boyfriend

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's the role he was born to play!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

StarkRavingMad posted:

I can't believe Ivelisse traded nice boy Son of Havoc for that hacker dude.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami Callihan got more speaking lines in one LU scene than he did in his entire NXT run

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Puma's so good, if he does go to WWE I sure hope they know how to use him

That shoulder block thing by Matanza there looked nasty as hell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy gently caress this match :stare:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
You had to figure it was going to be a Mil Muertes interference finish given the feud between Puma/Mil, but a hell of a match leading up to it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well the gently caress finish was predictable, but that match was great while it lasted.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked that finish. Establishes that Puma could possibly beat Matanza but gives him something else to do.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Good show this week. I got mildly spoiled on the Killshot angle so I've been waiting for it to start.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I can't wait for the return of Cobra.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I love Ricochet's Northern Lights-Deadlift Suplex combo and I marked out when he got it on Matanza. Holy poo poo he's like 275

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Since Vampiro compared the Cage/Texano matches to the Summit Series, does that mean Texano will go Bobby Clarke on Cage's ankle? :ohdear:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I like Texano and I will fight you.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dale Ouise posted:

Since Vampiro compared the Cage/Texano matches to the Summit Series, does that mean Texano will go Bobby Clarke on Cage's ankle? :ohdear:

That was the the most Canadian Vamp's sounded to date.

Joey Ryan's joke was well timed, too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dias posted:

Do you believe it was divine intervention that gave me THESE ABS

Is it just me or is Mundo's acting improving? He was actually good in that scene.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
So Vampiro is also on the Spanish commentary. Has anyone here listened to that, how does it compare to the English commentary?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Johnny Mundo doesn't even have abs as good as Dave Meltzer's

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I laughed pretty hard at "What am I, a detective?"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Suleman posted:

So Vampiro is also on the Spanish commentary. Has anyone here listened to that, how does it compare to the English commentary?

Do they still do the Spanish commentary? I thought they stopped that after the Unimas deal was up at the end of season one. I never considered that they might still have an SAP track or something.

Ashikan judan posted:

I laughed pretty hard at "What am I, a detective?"

His delivery of the two "I dunno"s before that cracked me up, too. He sounded like a five year old.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Just give me one truly balls-out match with Muertes and Puma where they leave it all in the ring LU, I'm begging you.....

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Benne posted:

Well the gently caress finish was predictable, but that match was great while it lasted.

So predictable but I was so into that match that I fairly screamed when Mil popped on. gently caress, that match. So good.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ghidzilla posted:

Just give me one truly balls-out match with Muertes and Puma where they leave it all in the ring LU, I'm begging you.....

Let me introduce you to the main event of the first Última Lucha

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Judging by the posting pace in this thread, it seems that everybody else is having trouble getting into this season too. I'm just not as excited on Wednesdays now and I can't put my finger on why.

It feels like there's a number of things that have started and then kind of petered out. Siniestro de la Muerte ate his teammates and it didn't seem to do much. Pentagon went Dark and still lost. Mil undied for the second (third?) time and still lost.

Right now it seems like we're just waiting to see what finally puts a crack in Matanza. Probably not Sexy Star.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LU had a panel at NYC ComicCon today -- doesn't sound like there was too much in the way of news, although Van Wagenen again said there were plans to do some touring. Looked like they had a really good turnout.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'll have a write-up of the panel later tonight. But yeah, it was in the biggest panel room and the place was packed. I will say that you're in for some seriously hammy poo poo from Mysterio this Wednesday.

I did get to interview Ivelisse, Marty Elias and Mysterio today. With Elias, it was literally "Here, interview this referee and we're rolling!" But it went well enough.

Kind of funny and awkward moment:

Me: What's it like working with Luis Fernandez-Gil?

Ivelisse: Uh.......

Me: For those of you at home, he plays Dario Cueto.

Ivelisse: OH! Yeah, he's great.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gavok posted:

I'll have a write-up of the panel later tonight. But yeah, it was in the biggest panel room and the place was packed. I will say that you're in for some seriously hammy poo poo from Mysterio this Wednesday.

I did get to interview Ivelisse, Marty Elias and Mysterio today. With Elias, it was literally "Here, interview this referee and we're rolling!" But it went well enough.

Kind of funny and awkward moment:

Me: What's it like working with Luis Fernandez-Gil?

Ivelisse: Uh.......

Me: For those of you at home, he plays Dario Cueto.

Ivelisse: OH! Yeah, he's great.

She's just keeping kayfabe! Also she takes a lot of shots to the head.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Probably just a wrestling thing. I'd probably have the same reaction to if asked about 'Dwayne Johnson' vs 'The Rock'

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here's the panel report. Sorry about the clickbaity title. That's my editor's doing.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Gavok posted:

Here's the panel report. Sorry about the clickbaity title. That's my editor's doing.

quote:

Dorian added to this by talking about the time he was reading scripts for AAA and Lucha Underground and the differences were staggering. Namely because the Lucha Underground script involved the world “teleportation.”

The best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Nice write up. That touring plan is pretty smart - they'll get all of season 4 in the can and then they can do a tour to keep working with the wrestlers and maybe make a little extra cash instead of taping an extra season back to back like they did with 2 and 3. They need to let the show catch up to the tapings a bit at some point.

• Locked thread