Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

One time in a hotel a couple were having sex all night and blasting mariachi music.

we get it youve had sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've had the flu all week and can't remember the last time I slept properly. I'm so tired and everything hurts. :( :smithicide:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I spent my freetime getting mad at a videogame instead of working on a drawing like I planned on doing earlier :frog:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was having a pretty good day, but at about 9pm on the way home I stopped at a red light and witnessed a drug deal on a brightly-lit city street across from a McDonalds.

It went as follows:

There's a black SUV stopped crookedly, halfway into the street. On the sidewalk, two 14 year olds walk up to a fat, old, white dude in a wife-beater sitting on church steps, exchange pleasantries, and quickly get away from him before pretending like they're just walking along the sidewalk normally. A guy (Dad) walks out of the SUV to the boys motioning a "where were you at, I was so worried!" Most likely saying it too; I couldn't hear because I had music on and windows up). The light changed and the last thing I saw in my rearview was Dad & kids getting into the SUV and quickly driving off around the corner--the church being *conveniently* located on a corner.

(I'm going to guess here that Dad dropped kids off a few blocks away and the kids were "just hanging out around the McDonalds"; and, if asked, Dad "came to rescue his lost kids" as alibis.)

Dad's smart (read: piece of poo poo) because he won't get caught because it's the kids with the drugs, and if there's a cop there while Dad is parked near the deal, Dad can just drive off. And, the kids' records will be expunged when they're 18! :downs:

We have a saying around here, "Shitview Park*, never change"

But in reality, we're all happy to see the once work-of-art buildings turned halfway houses turn back into works of art. They recently installed a hipster coffee shop. It's 100 feet away from said drug deal but during the day it's probably ok.... Though it's still 100 feet in the other direction from the methadone clinic (they're only open on tuesdays iirc). (They're run by CVS!)

*it's not actually actually called Shitview Park I'm masking the name :ninja:

it's actually Shitview DRUG Park

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The buildings around here that are now halfway houses were made between 1900-1910~ish so each side of the building is meticulously designed, decorated, and built, and they are so beautiful and they have loving gargoyles. GARGOYLES.

They turned the one closest to me into expensive rentals, I REALLY hope they make the one across from the McDonalds/drug deal place into nice apartments because those gargoyles are amazing and I would be so loving depressed to see them go.

This fits into the thread topic because breaking down historic architecture, or destroying it by not using it for its full potential, like making it a poorly-run, decrepit halfway house, is poo poo, and thinking about it has made me really depressed because I love old buildings.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I took too much cough syrup and now I feel vaguely trippy and acidy but I'm not high enough to be having fun so I'm just lying in bed feeling sort of uncomfortable.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I went for a "job interview" that I really wanted and it turned out to be a ten-minute speculative chat about a position that might be opening up or might not and might go to someone with a different qualification if they decide that's better suited

I hate lawyers

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

I forgot to lock my car and someone stole my (prescription) sunglasses. Like, why.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

YYZ posted:

I forgot to lock my car and someone stole my (prescription) sunglasses. Like, why.

A friends car was broken into and all that was stolen was a pair of broken sunglasses. There was so much more valuable stuff in there :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I torture myself for my inability to be better to the people I value and respect.

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
I got the flu and I have to work because I already had to use my PTO for vacation earlier this year. I could take it unpaid but I already had to take an unpaid day last week when we took my daughter to the ER, and I can't afford to take that again.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I'm still recovering from a horrific bout of cystic acne that came completely out of loving nowhere last week. I've just now started birth control pills again and have some topical clindamycin to kill off the bacteria, but it's really pissing me off because I've dedicated so much time over the past six months to trying to take better care of my skin only for my hormones to come in and gently caress it all up in the span of two days.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Whitlam posted:

I have the flu and all I know is suffering.

Me too buddy.

So does my three year old, so I'm home from work, trying not to die too hard on account of him.

Earlier I coughed and aspirated dry paracetamol dust. I guess a capsule got lodged in my throat, opened up and when I coughed, blew it all out like I was some kind of cursed pharmacutical mummy. It was... interesting. It also then set off a bunch of vomiting that brought up everything I was so proud of keeping down this morning.

I feel like it would be managable if not for this godawful headache, just make it stop jesus gently caress

princecoo has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Oct 4, 2016

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I have a major test in one of my worst classes on Thursday, a quiz on Monday, and a test in another class on Tuesday, all the while I'm searching for co-op/internship positions so I can escape my retail job. The job search feels somewhat futile because I have my doubts on whether or not I'll get anything.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
After 6 months of being dicked around by our buyer, we are finally, assuming he doesn't twist the knife once more, all delays have been because of him, moving house on Friday. All of our deposit and fees are to be paid from the sale of our current place. We must hand in our keys on Friday yet due to his procrastination we may not get the keys to our new property until 3pm that day.

Our solicitor wants her 8 grand on Thursday instead of Friday when we will actually have that money, cue insane scrabble for funds, I've had to borrow 2 thousand from my parents which i am very lucky they were able to lend.

And despite our signed contract the fuckbag solicitor's fees have magically gone up by 300 pounds. As have our estate agent fees. And Halifax are determined we have paid 500 less on our mortgage than we actually have.

So basically gently caress everything

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Whitlam posted:

I have the flu and all I know is suffering.

I got sick on the plane ride both too and from my trip last week. This happens frequently. Why is my immune system terrible.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The last month has been poo poo. I'm sick and I don't know why. Joint pain everywhere, muscle pain everywhere, fatigue, loss of appetite, trouble walking, tingling in feet and hands, delayed motor skills, headaches, arms feel too heavy to lift sometimes, blah blah blah. Body is not working and it sucks. Last week I couldnt even get oit of bed. All my tests so far say I'm perfectly healthy. Doing another big round of blood tests tomorrow. :toot:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

The last month has been poo poo. I'm sick and I don't know why. Joint pain everywhere, muscle pain everywhere, fatigue, loss of appetite, trouble walking, tingling in feet and hands, delayed motor skills, headaches, arms feel too heavy to lift sometimes, blah blah blah. Body is not working and it sucks. Last week I couldnt even get oit of bed. All my tests so far say I'm perfectly healthy. Doing another big round of blood tests tomorrow. :toot:

Have they tested for Lyme disease or mononucleosis? My wife had mono, and those were some of the symptoms she had during it, and she's still dealing with some of it, because her doctor kept saying "it can't be mono." Mono's a cheap, easy test, and they can add it on easy to your blood tests that are going on tomorrow.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm trying to get tested for Lyme but since I don't remember a bite or rash it's really hard to get it done. I don't know what the problem is and why they refuse when I ask. Like just do it. Who cares if I remember getting a rash or not? Didn't think of mono though. My coworker was saying I should forge my test sheet and add stuff according to advice in the chronic pain thread.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm trying to get tested for Lyme but since I don't remember a bite or rash it's really hard to get it done. I don't know what the problem is and why they refuse when I ask. Like just do it. Who cares if I remember getting a rash or not? Didn't think of mono though. My coworker was saying I should forge my test sheet and add stuff according to advice in the chronic pain thread.

Don't forge anything, just tell the doctor "you know, I think I do remember a rash."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
This lavender-scented candle doesn't smell like anything. I mean ok if I stick my nose next to the flame there's some hint of lavender. Wow thanks let me burn my nose off so I can smell scents.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I haven't had a medicine that makes me sick to not have in like days. and then I get on it again and it's awful.

I finally actually cried about it because poo poo sucked.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
So it seems like I'm over the flu - but that fucker left me with what I think is Satans own chest infection, so yay. Coughing up thick green slime all day and night is just super fun you guys.

So I've missed 2 weeks of work now, and this fuckery means I'm not going to get paid next week because I've already blown through all my sick leave (between time off sick for myself and my kids). But daycare will still want their weekly $400, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

I haven't had a medicine that makes me sick to not have in like days. and then I get on it again and it's awful.

I finally actually cried about it because poo poo sucked.

Man, all it takes is one day for my meds to make me feel like poo poo for not taking them. It's also a pill so I don't have that taste problem.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Daughter of a family friend got married yesterday in my hometown, when I got the invite in June I told my parents my wife and I weren't coming because it's 800 miles away and taking a day off of work is a huge pain in the rear end right now (all our vacation days tied up in a year-end trip we've been planning since this time last year). They say it's OK and that they're expecting to go by themselves since my brother and sister both live far away too.

Go on FB last night and see a picture of the four of them at the wedding. Fuckers could've at least told me you were planning to go, I would've tried harder to make something work. Now I feel like a bad son and also the black sheep (even more than I felt like it before)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was looking at six pack tattoos on fat people and interspersed in GIS were sexy real six pack abs and I was like, "man, I want to do some sit-ups" but then realized I'm pretty comfortable laying on the bed, and I'd have to break out the yoga mat, and that's far away and :effort:

I'm a fatty.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Just got back from taking my son to get stitches in his lip after an incident at the daycare.

Daycare don't know what happened, they weren't watching. On the phone they were like "it's not bad"

Motherfucker the kids needs stitches, his face is hanging open, I will be on the loving warpath tomorrow.

He is 5 years old.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was supposed to be on this work contract for six months (with the possibility of permanent employment afterward), but just got told that the company "is all caught up" on the work they needed me to do so they're terminating it early.

After one and a half months.

And I turned down another job offer to take this one because I thought "Oh, it's a good company, this is stable work, I have a history with them and they seem to really like the work I do, at the very least I won't be out of work over the holidays."

But nope. I guess we disagree on what the word "contract" means.

I wouldn't even be bothered if they'd told me they just needed someone to play catch-up on this project, but they really made it sound like it'd be long-term, steady work and now I feel like those fuckers lied to me.

And I have to come in every day until Friday pretending nothing's wrong, oh gee I guess I'm leaving a bit earlier than I thought, well that's okay, I'm really grateful for the opportunity and certainly not about to burn any bridges with one of the largest employers in the area, aren't you guys great.

This week is going to suck.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
That's awful, Parasol Prophet.

It seems like you guys have much bigger problems than me, but I'm going to complain anyway. I was in the ER a couple nights ago for severe sciatica. A few injections and some RX pain meds later, I'm able to walk around with assistance, but it's been sketchy so far. My pain meds will run out before I get a chance to see my PCP, but I'm hoping it will have relaxed enough by then that I won't be in too much pain. Once I rule out a slipped disk, I'll be able to treat it at home (I've had sciatica for years but never this bad), but these next few days are going to be awkward. I'm going back into work tomorrow and people are going to wonder why I am limping/shuffling because I can't put any weight on my right foot. But at least I don't have any meetings until Wednesday, and it's only one and it's with my boss, who knows my situation.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Everything hurts from yoga yesterday and I can tell I'll have a lovely sleep tonight as a result.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Everything hurts from yoga yesterday and I can tell I'll have a lovely sleep tonight as a result.

Your username and red text... :stare:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I needed to submit a revised form of this paper for this class that I'm taking but missed the deadline by seconds. I emailed it to him in the thin hopes that the professor will grade that one rather than the one I sent earlier but I'm not holding my breath.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Simsmagic posted:

I needed to submit a revised form of this paper for this class that I'm taking but missed the deadline by seconds. I emailed it to him in the thin hopes that the professor will grade that one rather than the one I sent earlier but I'm not holding my breath.

Unless they're a particularly brutal hardass, you should be okay.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just worked sixteen hours on something I ended up loving up tremendously anyway, after working all weekend to get my poo poo to a point where I could even attempt to do the thing that I hosed up today. Life is pain and I pray for the sweet specter of death to steal me away in my fitful, restless sleep.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have to close all goddamn week. I've told my manager a dozen times I hate closing and was hired on to open or mid. Take one of the new hires and train them for closing. I'm tired of going not having enough time in the morning to do poo poo getting home late.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
I agreed to buy a house for $1.5 million dollars. I am happy, but it's lovely because this how bad things have got in my country, that it's considered rather cheap.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Because this week wasn't already awesome enough, I just lost one of my favorite pens by having it roll off the back of my desk and get stuck between it and the cubicle wall, so there's no way to get it out without tearing apart the row of cubicles. :argh:

Luckily I already took my anxiety meds (the day started poorly), so I'm just zen enough to write it off and give my blessings to whoever finds it the next time they rearrange departments. But still. Dammit, I loved that pen.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

three job rejections within the same hour got the day off to a fine start.

It's just a job, it shouldn't bother me this much, but I'm starting to feel so unemployable and worthless. I know it's because I'm in that awkward stage between being overqualified for most stuff but apparently undesirable to the traineeships I'm actually applying for, but that doesn't really help. I'm 25. I should have a career, not just a job, and I can't even manage the latter.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or just have allergies. Sinus, why you gotta be like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

So depressed and disgusted with myself that I couldn't even muster up the energy to go to work today or even deliver my son to kindergarten so I've been doing jigsaw puzzles with my almost three year old son for the last seven hours hating myself intensely.