Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
just made some aeropress. did not warm the cup. did not rinse the filter. did not invert anything. did not stop before all coffee was pressed into the cup

its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drinking coffee rn

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

drinking coffee rn

good life choices itt

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ccs: bagel shop was out of large cups so got 2 smaller cups of coffee

gotta have those beans

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Cat Face Joe posted:

update: success but i think ima need to run it through some coffee filters to really get the fines out

get a better grinder imo

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
pempken spiced late

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rooney McNibnug posted:

pempken spiced late

:getout:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

ccs: bagel shop was out of large cups so got 2 smaller cups of coffee

gotta have those beans

beeeaaaaannnnssss

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rooney McNibnug posted:

pempken spiced late

all beans are equally holy under the lord's gaze

but gently caress pumpkin :frogout:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Malcolm XML posted:

get a better grinder imo

yeah this is a necessity. the current one is some junk my friend gave me but it gets the job done

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
having beans and shitposting

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rooney McNibnug posted:

pempken spiced late

next time get the chile mocha

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mad Wack posted:

having beans and shitposting

Are you literally making GBS threads whilst posting?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

maniacdevnull posted:

Are you literally making GBS threads whilst posting?

coffee can help with that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feeling like i should keep drinking coffee today

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

drinking coffee rn

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

all rear end no class posted:

coffee can help with that

Oh yeah, that's another way that tea is vastly superior to coffee: tea doesn't strip the lining of your small intestine and express it in a slimy yellow soup. Why am I not surprised that the forum full of cat owners who finger their cats' buttholes to harvest their nectar is also a partisan of the revolting poisonous barbarian drink?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gonna make me some coffee right now.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

at the date posted:

Oh yeah, that's another way that tea is vastly superior to coffee: tea doesn't strip the lining of your small intestine and express it in a slimy yellow soup. Why am I not surprised that the forum full of cat owners who finger their cats' buttholes to harvest their nectar is also a partisan of the revolting poisonous barbarian drink?

:frogout:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

at the date posted:

Get the gently caress out of this thread

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
slept four hours but had too many beans working over the course of the day and i lust for death

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

at the date posted:

ma'am this is canadian tire. Can I help you find something?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

slept four hours but had too many beans working over the course of the day and i lust for death

I can't offer u that, but have u tried more beans

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

at the date posted:

insightful

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Drinking coffee rn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had 2 irish coffees today, p good

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Enjoying iced cold brew by the pool

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drinking coffee at the bagel shop

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Enjoying iced cold brew by the pool

:hellyeah:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drinking coffee in my office. a good start to the day

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

got a new container for those beans

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

urrrhhgghh this fresh pot tastes like a relit cigar

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
thoughts on aeropress? i like it but it seems a little wasteful with the paper filters. i'll stick with the fp.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

leper khan posted:

got a new container for those beans

wtf is that enter key

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

thoughts on aeropress? i like it but it seems a little wasteful with the paper filters. i'll stick with the fp.

you can reuse the paper filters a few times

Captain Foo posted:

wtf is that enter key

it's good. ISO, yo
JP layout is pretty good for typing programs

Family Photo
Dec 26, 2005
*cheese*

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

http://www.aeropress.com.au/how-to-use posted:

RE-USING MICRO-FILTERS:

Two thousand filters use about as much paper as one city newspaper, so you needn't feel guilty about discarding filters. But you can also re-use each filter many times just by brushing it off under running water. The choice is up to you. When re-using a filter, remove the plunger and twist the cap containing the wet filter onto the chamber. This will keep it flat as it dries and you'll be ready for the next pressing.

you can get reusable metal filters too, but tbh that sounds like a real pain in the butt. and is the production of a wire mesh filter better for the earth than paper filters? idk. if you're really worried about the environment, don't drink coffee :(

Family Photo
Dec 26, 2005
*cheese*

FYI drinking a drat deece double espresso with my $29 aeropress and a freshly opened $3.50/10oz brick of Café Bustelo. and when the brick gets >1 week old and the coffee starts to taste stale, just make a shakerato. life is good everybody, coffee is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Family Photo posted:

you can get reusable metal filters too, but tbh that sounds like a real pain in the butt. and is the production of a wire mesh filter better for the earth than paper filters? idk. if you're really worried about the environment, don't drink coffee :(

I've used the metal filters (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Able-Brewing-Coffee-AeroPress-Espresso/dp/B00E58P7ME) as well as reused the paper filters. It's all pretty easy. They Say that the metal filters let through a little more of the oils in the coffee, but I never noticed much of a difference. As for like cleanup and poo poo, the metal filter didn't add any extra work, though someone in the house did eventually dump it in the trash by accident at one point.