Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I told myself I wouldn't load up Nuclear Throne until the next update but now I've reinstalled it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been playing some enter the gungeon, it's an extremely good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm about to fight the second superboss of DQ7 which is probably the first JRPG where I've ever done all the postgame content. I loved this game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Bringing my 3ds to my friends while we watch basketball so I can grind platinum King jewel job tree

You sound cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still can't beat the rear end hole bird guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre talking about the bird in gungeon, yeah he's the toughest floor 1 boss cause hes so aggressive. just play keep away and use any cover the game gives you, he's wide open when he's doing the mortar attack

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

if youre talking about the bird in gungeon, yeah he's the toughest floor 1 boss cause hes so aggressive. just play keep away and use any cover the game gives you, he's wide open when he's doing the mortar attack

Wow he's the one I can most consistently beat untouched. Yeah that mortar attack is super easy to dodge and sometimes he spawns with chandeliers in the room which you can drop on him for a bunch of damage

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i don't have internet until monday and i thought i had witches downloaded on my ps4 but i don't -- bummer , because this would have been a perfect time to get around to it. haven't gotten around to DLing REmake either and that would also be great for this stormy night ...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Shadowrun Dragonfall I like how the dog's consumables are all doggie treats.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

In Shadowrun Dragonfall I like how the dog's consumables are all doggie treats.

It's a good, good game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Nah, Lil hunter in nuclear throne

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Nah, Lil hunter in nuclear throne

You can do it.... I was stuck on him for so long and all of a sudden he's my bitch now. Just clear out the enemies nearby when you spawn into the level and wait for him to show up and he's pretty manageable. Speaking of, just made some coffee and now i once again am gonna seek the throne

edit: or play Invisible Inc because i forgot i had that installed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Btw melting veins or whatever that makes you invincible to fire is god tier against him.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

how is that vodka?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremely steampunk posted:

how is that vodka?

exactly like any other vodka that costs over $15 a bottle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna play some Deus Ex: HR and DQ7

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Continuing 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand tonight. This game sincerely kicks rear end.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Never gave this game a second glance when it first came out, but drat it sounds pretty crazy, after reading this! Kinda tempting, really.. :D

As for what I've been playing over the weekend, it's just more of the same, really: DiRT Rally, as well as a little Crusader Kings 2 and Rainbow Six: Siege on the side. Haven't really played much this weekend though unfortunately, as one of my damned colleagues gave me their bad cold on Friday afternoon, so I've been sick all weekend :argh: (although not sick for long enough to avoid work..)

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Just lots of PAC CE 2.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
steep is really really good. the alpha feels really polished. after about 5 hrs the only bugs ive seen are with the ui and theyre fairly minor. the sound design is excellent which helps the visuals make it feel like youre actually on a mountain.

aside from the initial load, there's no loading screens of any sort. going in and out of the world map is very quick and snappy, and so is fast traveling and using the replay system. at any point on the map you can select a high scoring line or completed challenge and view the replay instantly, and there are multiple camera angles you can switch between. to start challenges all you need to do is ride through the marked point on the appropriate equipment and it begins instantly. getting medals on challenges gives you cosmetics, of which there are a poo poo ton, cash and xp. leveling up gets you access to more drop points. at lvl 5 i got access to a hot air balloon i can jump out of. there's also a helicopter you can take but i havent unlocked it.

playing with other people is really well implemented. when you group up with another player all of the drop zones they have visited are transferred to your map, as well as any challenges theyve done.

swapping equipment is really quick. you just need to stop moving and use a wheel. you have skis, a snowboard, a parachute and a wingsuit. no limits to how much or often you can switch.

overall it feels like ssx themed skate, with a sense of speed that i only have felt in burnout games

its real good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So somebody finally made another SSX3, awesome, I loved that game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah that sounds like an instant pick-up for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

steep is really really good. the alpha feels really polished. after about 5 hrs the only bugs ive seen are with the ui and theyre fairly minor. the sound design is excellent which helps the visuals make it feel like youre actually on a mountain.

aside from the initial load, there's no loading screens of any sort. going in and out of the world map is very quick and snappy, and so is fast traveling and using the replay system. at any point on the map you can select a high scoring line or completed challenge and view the replay instantly, and there are multiple camera angles you can switch between. to start challenges all you need to do is ride through the marked point on the appropriate equipment and it begins instantly. getting medals on challenges gives you cosmetics, of which there are a poo poo ton, cash and xp. leveling up gets you access to more drop points. at lvl 5 i got access to a hot air balloon i can jump out of. there's also a helicopter you can take but i havent unlocked it.

playing with other people is really well implemented. when you group up with another player all of the drop zones they have visited are transferred to your map, as well as any challenges theyve done.

swapping equipment is really quick. you just need to stop moving and use a wheel. you have skis, a snowboard, a parachute and a wingsuit. no limits to how much or often you can switch.

overall it feels like ssx themed skate, with a sense of speed that i only have felt in burnout games

its real good

I was skeptical because of Ubisoft open-world AIDS but that sounds cool as hell

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
last night i spent 20 minutes walking up a ridge and taking in the view to get to a drop zone rather than looking at it through my binos and zipping there instantly w a left click.

very intense winter feels

cant post any visuals bc of the NDA but here's a gopro vid of me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGRfAmtXpE

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That sounds badass, it's definitely on my radar now.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got a corsair cherry mx keyboard, and holy poo poo is it nice. it's like typing on a cloud.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Resident Evil 2 on Dreamcast.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, then maybe some Overwatch and EDF 4.1. After that some Super Mario Maker and Color Splash. :D

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dragon Quest VII on my 3DS and Romancing SaGa 2 on my mobile AIDS device

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Bravely Default or Mafia 3 or both.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Overwatch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing Mei?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

shadow warrior 2, mortal kombat x, mafia 3, overwatch, smt iv apocalypse

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011