Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They slowly wheel a fifty gallon drum in front of them and mercilessly beat it to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan beating but not actually killing anyone would be incredible.

We are not that lucky.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They should do a flashback where you can see it from each person's perspective, and then you can see who died and how the others reacted.
Some early leaked footage that may be a spoiler if you're very observant:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One of the worst things is they said they're "see what they're saying online and use that to help decide what to do" which is pretty loving cowardly, becuase it suggests they're afraid of upsetting the fan community. Arrow has this problem, going so far to kill one of the other women on the show so the shippers wouldn't get upset they might break up their chosen ship.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There better be a Rick Rampage this half season and kill like a billion zombies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GET HYPED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k4gsUmw7lU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan beating but not actually killing anyone would be incredible.

I will cry of laughter if that's what actually happens. The reactions would be priceless.

Also I'm sure this gets stated every time a new TWD thread gets created but I'm more excited about this thread than the actual show, and that's saying a lot considering I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how Negan will change the dynamic of the show and the Ricktatorship.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Negan used his bat to smash Alexandria's last jar of strawberry jam and Rick is loving PO'd!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That last season is finally on netflix so I watched it and goddamn it just really seems like they are completely out of ideas. That was late era Dexter levels of bad.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Sasha is going to take the beating.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I got it, right before he swings the bat, the group that Morgan found will ride in and kill Negan and the saviors, and all the cries and blow are from them dying and leaves Ricks group the chance to ruin another group of Survivors.

Realistically though, it's going to be Adam (That's the gay guys name right?) cause he is a minor character that we know nothing about, yet would somehow still be sad to see him die.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

One thing is for sure, we won't find out who dies until the very end of the episode.

They'll have some bullshit 40 minute flashback to how Negan became Negan and put the Saviors together before we get to the loving point and see whoever the newest character was that was there get murdered.

Then on to 3 or 4 episodes of dealing with the emotions caused by this, 3 or 4 episodes of wheel-spinning/living behind a wall/flashbacks, an episode of planning to fight back against the Saviors and a finale where Rick and the gang gently caress up yet another settlement. Either their own or one belonging to the Saviors, doesn't matter really.

Ratings will be higher than ever.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Because I hate myself, I'm gonna Zapruder the preview based on the last episode of last season. I am gonna actually show some deference to others here and spoiler this discussion.

In the preview, the blood splatter is on the right hand side of Rick's face. The person to Rick's immediate right in s06e16 is... Maggie. Followed by Abe. Followed by Michonne. Followed by Darryl. Followed by Rosita. Followed by Glenn. Of course, the term right hand man could mean any number of the people just listed. Maggie, Abe, Michonne, Darryl, Glenn all certainly would fit that bill. If we are talking "true" right hand man, it has to be Darryl or Glenn. From scenes, the semi-circle arc between Glenn and Rick is, as the crow flies, about 12 feet, with about 8 feet between Rick and Darryl. Now, blood could certainly travel that distance from a home run swing, but that means it would have to pass through 3-5 other people between to get to Rick. Kind of ridiculous, but we are living in a land of TWD physics, so probably can't dismiss based on this alone.

Of course, Maggie is, politically at least, easily the second most important character to Rick so she can't be considered safe. However, "taking it like a champ" (in terms of withstanding barbed-wire bat blows to the head) is probably something a deathly-ill individual would be... less than capable of doing, so I'm gonna rule out Maggie. That leaves Glenn, Darryl, Abe, Michonne.

As an aside, I hate to give TWD writers credit, but are they not building up a whooole lotta tension wrt to Rick's hand he loses in the comics with this preview? "Right hand man"? Negan taking his axe and dragging him into the motor home to be punished for threatening to kill Negan? So far, it seems whenever TWD tv series telegraphs stuff from the comics, they generally follow it true to form. Of course, Rick being one-handed would suck for the tv show, but that probably means they are all the more likely to actually do it.

For this same reason (comic following) I am putting my money on Glenn dancing with Lucille. Maggie's discussion in s06 with Aaron about not getting to know what happened to him, he's just gone, would be capstoned nicely by every single person watching him getting his brains beat in. Bumbled though it was, a huge part of season six was about Glenn surviving against all odds. I feel like both the characters and the viewers would get a weird sort of anti-catharsis from Glenn's demise. It might even qualify as a... good idea?

I know they fit in plotlines with Darryl and Abe that hinted at upcoming demise, but Glenn's feels like the missing puzzle piece moreso than those other two.

I just remembered - wasn't there leaked footage of Glenn dying anyway?

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

It's gonna be Glenn, Daryl, Abe, or a combination of the three after that teaser.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Abe would take a hit the best and he was wearing that awesome uniform earlier on like he was planning to get buried anyways

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Negan is gonna swing at Glenn, then the dumpster will arrive and block the swing while Glenn hides under it.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Maybe Negan intentionally kills the dumpster and institutes a strict recycling program.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion of the Carol doesn't want to kill anymore for some reason!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The show really needs more people that shoot bullets out of their sleeve like a goddamn Mega Man

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion of the Carol doesn't want to kill anymore for some reason!

That whole thing just seemed so weird and out of place. Carol's done a lot of crazy poo poo that's bound to catch up with her mentally eventually, but she'd just saved herself and a gaddamn pregnant woman she's known since almost the beginning from two shameless psychopaths and THAT'S when she decides to have her meltdown? I know the characters are going through a lot and it's only realistic to have them lose it from time-to-time, but it's become too formulaic at this point. Ever since season 2 it's like the characters just take turns having their breakdowns, one at a time, and it was just Carol's "turn."

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Acacia REI posted:

That whole thing just seemed so weird and out of place. Carol's done a lot of crazy poo poo that's bound to catch up with her mentally eventually, but she'd just saved herself and a gaddamn pregnant woman she's known since almost the beginning from two shameless psychopaths and THAT'S when she decides to have her meltdown? I know the characters are going through a lot and it's only realistic to have them lose it from time-to-time, but it's become too formulaic at this point. Ever since season 2 it's like the characters just take turns having their breakdowns, one at a time, and it was just Carol's "turn."

No I do not believe that Carol found some sense of Humanity after dealing with the Women leaders for Negan. Doesn't Negan consider all the females his wife, was he banging the fat old woman in that group? That whole episode was out of place and anything that comes from it is going to be stupid.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

No I do not believe that Carol found some sense of Humanity after dealing with the Women leaders for Negan. Doesn't Negan consider all the females his wife, was he banging the fat old woman in that group? That whole episode was out of place and anything that comes from it is going to be stupid.

Exactly. It seemed like the writers were trying to make her seem like she had found some sense of humanity but it just came off as weird and dumb. I guess the show just decided it was her time to have a psychological meltdown and it didn't matter that it made no loving sense. It was like Sasha just passed her the torch and was like "lol your turn."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It would make more sense for the death to be Abe since near the end of Season 6 there was a lot of random character moments for him that seemed out of place. But this show loves random misdirection so I'm probably wrong.

My 2nd guess would be Maggie since she's already in awful shape at that point and it would probably be more devastating than any other character since she's pregnant.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

Exactly. It seemed like the writers were trying to make her seem like she had found some sense of humanity but it just came off as weird and dumb. I guess the show just decided it was her time to have a psychological meltdown and it didn't matter that it made no loving sense. It was like Sasha just passed her the torch and was like "lol your turn."
Who hasn't had a psychological break at this point? Sasha, Rick, Carol, Morgan, Abe, Gabriel, and I think Glenn among the living characters...

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who hasn't had a psychological break at this point? Sasha, Rick, Carol, Morgan, Abe, Gabriel, and I think Glenn among the living characters...

That's what I'd pointed out in the post before that. The characters just kind of take turns, one at a time, and it just comes off as formulaic now. Of course people under these circumstances are going to lose it from time-to-time but I don't think the show is doing a very good job at executing it at this point.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

spudsbuckley posted:

One thing is for sure, we won't find out who dies until the very end of the episode.

They'll have some bullshit 40 minute flashback to how Negan became Negan and put the Saviors together before we get to the loving point and see whoever the newest character was that was there get murdered.

I dunno, that seems like it could be dangerously close to interesting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/4HKcdEn.gifv

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I would stop watching this show so fast if that happened.

Who else am I supposed to identify with?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

That's what I'd pointed out in the post before that. The characters just kind of take turns, one at a time, and it just comes off as formulaic now. Of course people under these circumstances are going to lose it from time-to-time but I don't think the show is doing a very good job at executing it at this point.
It's more annoying with Carol, because she went from a timid character who was the victim of abuse to a strong character who was a one-woman wrecking crew, and then out of nowhere suddenly she doesn't want to kill anymore for people.

The others at least had their various situations which would trigger that (mostly deaths of family members or loved ones). I'm surprised Rick didn't have a bigger breakdown after his new girlfriend and both of her kids got bitten and then mercy-killed. Although I guess chopping 100+ zombies with an axe will somehow fix those problems?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

How much do you guys want to bet we only see the tiger like 3 times in the whole season because each scene she's in probably costs as much as an entire season of Fear the Walking Dead?

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's more annoying with Carol, because she went from a timid character who was the victim of abuse to a strong character who was a one-woman wrecking crew, and then out of nowhere suddenly she doesn't want to kill anymore for people.

The others at least had their various situations which would trigger that (mostly deaths of family members or loved ones). I'm surprised Rick didn't have a bigger breakdown after his new girlfriend and both of her kids got bitten and then mercy-killed. Although I guess chopping 100+ zombies with an axe will somehow fix those problems?

Pretty much. I could empathize with everyone else' breakdowns so the formula didn't really bother me too much but when it happened to Carol, it just came off as very gimmicky.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

It would make more sense for the death to be Abe since near the end of Season 6 there was a lot of random character moments for him that seemed out of place. But this show loves random misdirection so I'm probably wrong.

My 2nd guess would be Maggie since she's already in awful shape at that point and it would probably be more devastating than any other character since she's pregnant.

THIS BUT

before dying she goes into way-premature labor. One of the other women manage to convince Negan to let the fetus live---or at least, not actively kill it. Something-something oh look wow, the Saviors just HAPPEN to have a premature-baby incubator, and the electricity to run it! Glenn names the baby Maggie. By next season Maggie 2.0 is three; she and Judith both get eaten by walkers.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It could be argued that Morgan had a rather long breakdown. And I don't think either Darryl or Michonne have had one yet, or at least not a lasting, potentially-incapacitating one like Rick had.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 10, 2016

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Astrofig posted:

And I don't think either Darryl or Michonne have had one yet, or at least not a lasting, potentially-incapacitating one like Rick had.
I kind of consider his hallucinations in the forest of Merle while he was looking for Sophia in season 2 to be his breakdown. But yeah, not as long lasting or incapacitating as some of the other characters.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

I kind of consider his hallucinations in the forest of Merle while he was looking for Sophia in season 2 to be his breakdown. But yeah, not as long lasting or incapacitating as some of the other characters.
I completely forgot about that one. Which I can say for most of season 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't Darryl eating random mushrooms in the forest? I sure i remember that. Along with the ears.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't Darryl eating random mushrooms in the forest? I sure i remember that. Along with the ears.

I do remember him digging up worms (or possibly snakes?) but I forgot about mushrooms.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Everybody forgetting the Daryl did completely tell Rick off and actually joined up with Merle.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

How could you say Michonne didn't have a breakdown. That is the origin of her character

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Has this not been spoiled anywhere yet?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Pitt posted:

Sasha is going to take the beating.

I'd almost forgive AMC for that because it'd be so stupid it'd be hilarious AND rid of us of Sasha. Can she be a second victim? She's annoying as poo poo and unlike Michonne, got way worse instead of way better. (They both started as scowly McAssholes, but Michonne developed a personality and Sasha did not).

JossiRossi posted:

I would stop watching this show so fast if that happened.

Who else am I supposed to identify with?

Seriously, kill the least interesting characters first, show.

Killing Eugene would be dumb as hell. He's actually in the middle of a character arc and is also one of the characters that provides something for the show that none of the others really can. It'd really hurt the show to kill him, and frankly, it'll hurt the show to kill Abarham too.

I hate to say it, I like Glenn a lot, but it'd help the show to kill him as expected the more I think about it. There's nothing he can do the others can't anymore, and he was important enough to dramatically impact the whole thing and change a lot of the way people act. Anyone else will be a wet fart followed by a notable absence of something good about the show. I don't know how much more poo poo I can take without Abarham's one liners.

In other words: If you kill Glenn people will feel the absence and the show won't lose a positive attribute, really. Glenn stopped being awesome since he bartered his SWAT armor away and never got more.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Has this not been spoiled anywhere yet?

Haha did you just click on one of the hundreds of NEGAN KILL LEAKED videos that are currently spamming your youtube sidebar because you watched a few walking dead clips some time?

It Glenn and Abe, the shadows said so.