Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Can we make the thread title a transcript of Beast Boy's trash talk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OH MY GOD THURSDAY'S EPISODE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.

They.....they're just gonna like dub an episode of the original series!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

OH MY GOD THURSDAY'S EPISODE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.

They.....they're just gonna like dub an episode of the original series!

unstoppable trolling

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I honestly can't wait to see the reactions to this episode. There is gonna be some serious rage at it, and I will love every second of it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I don't think I've ever seen a show before where such a large number of people are continuously missing its very obvious, very self-aware trolling. It's like telling a yo mama joke and half the people in the room being angry and confused because their mothers aren't fat.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
It really is a thing of beauty. The show is hilarious, and the amount of butthurt reaction they get makes it all to the sweeter. I feel like in most situations like this the network would shut down the show that has such a vocal negative fan reaction. It instills a small measure of hope in the human condition in me, that they haven't caved to the uber nerds.

In fact, the hate seems to make them stronger.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I see they will be dubbing Divide and Conquer. I enjoyed season 1 but that was a crappy episode so this will be one hell of an improvement. Although I'm sure certain people won't agree with me on that.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That was the first episode produced so that makes sense.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

captain innocuous posted:

It really is a thing of beauty. The show is hilarious, and the amount of butthurt reaction they get makes it all to the sweeter. I feel like in most situations like this the network would shut down the show that has such a vocal negative fan reaction. It instills a small measure of hope in the human condition in me, that they haven't caved to the uber nerds.

In fact, the hate seems to make them stronger.

it's because the creators of the show remembered to make the show on the children's network appealing to kids.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

frank.club posted:

it's because the creators of the show remembered to make the show on the children's network appealing to kids.

Pretty much, yeah. Almost all of those 'fans' are outside the target demo for TTG! so it really doesn't matter what they think. It'd be like if a bunch of six year olds hated Rick and Morty, nobody at the network gives a poo poo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

frank.club posted:

B-but-but then it's not about meeee! I hate things not about meeee! :cry:
Getting kinda sick of grown men and women muscling kids out of their own drat cartoons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Das Boo posted:

B-but-but then it's not about meeee! I hate things not about meeee! :cry:
Getting kinda sick of grown men and women muscling kids out of their own drat cartoons.

Same. Part of the reason I stopped watching Adventure Time is because it started seeming like it was exclusively for those people instead of kids.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I've just recently gotten into the series and it's been a while since I've fallen in love with a show this fast. It has an awesome, unique sense of humour and is very well-acted, and the serving of fanboy tears that goes along with it is a great bonus (keep in mind I'm talking about the new episodes, haven't watched from the start so I don't know how the early ones hold up).

Looking forward to the new episode, I love gag dubs of all kinds, so an "official" one sounds very promising.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pizdec posted:

I've just recently gotten into the series and it's been a while since I've fallen in love with a show this fast. It has an awesome, unique sense of humour and is very well-acted, and the serving of fanboy tears that goes along with it is a great bonus (keep in mind I'm talking about the new episodes, haven't watched from the start so I don't know how the early ones hold up).

Looking forward to the new episode, I love gag dubs of all kinds, so an "official" one sounds very promising.

They had an official gag dub in the episode Dreams. You should watch that one.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!

The MSJ posted:

Everyone should watch Dreams if for no other reason than live action Silkie dancing with Starfire.

Edit: also kitty picnic. And pretty much everything else about the episode. It's a good one.

God of Evil Cows fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 10, 2016

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

HEY GHOST!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Island Adventure is on right now and it reminded me that the song of the same name is probably one of my favorites in the whole series.

TV MADE OF COCONUT
REMOTE MADE OF COCONUT
PRESIDENT WAS A COCONUT
~ISLAND ADVENTURE!~

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The April Fools Episode oh my god. I'm late to the party but some people had to have literally self immolated over this.

The slow dawning realization as I caught on to what this show was doing :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I kinda wanna watch through the series in order and pinpoint the exact time where they just stopped giving a gently caress.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I kinda wanna watch through the series in order and pinpoint the exact time where they just stopped giving a gently caress.

I'm not sure stopped giving a gently caress encapsulates what they do as well as "went mad with power". They hold dominion over the realm of childrens comedy and use their dark and eldritch magicks for one singular purpose

To troll Internet dwellers who are way too attached to a decade old cartoon soap opera

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The April Fools Episode oh my god. I'm late to the party but some people had to have literally self immolated over this.

The slow dawning realization as I caught on to what this show was doing :allears:

Which one was that again? It's been a while

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably either Matched, where they seemed to openly be mocking shippers or Books where they first seemed to openly reject having a lesson.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Which one was that again? It's been a while

It's the one where the Titans prank each other relentlessly, seemingly building up to a boy that cried wolf moral lesson as Raven ignores a crime alert. Then it devolves into melodramatic life lessons, BB proposing to Raven, Robin spontaneously turning into Nightwing and calling for the end of the Teen Titans

Then as both traditional couples are about to kiss they break the fourth wall and mock the audience for falling for this sick april fools joke :v:

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

The MSJ posted:

God of Evil Cows posted:

Everyone should watch Dreams if for no other reason than live action Silkie dancing with Starfire.
Thanks! So it's a Road to the Multiverse type of deal? If so, I'm all over that poo poo! (And if not, I'm all over that poo poo anyway)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's the one where the Titans prank each other relentlessly, seemingly building up to a boy that cried wolf moral lesson as Raven ignores a crime alert. Then it devolves into melodramatic life lessons, BB proposing to Raven, Robin spontaneously turning into Nightwing and calling for the end of the Teen Titans

Then as both traditional couples are about to kiss they break the fourth wall and mock the audience for falling for this sick april fools joke :v:

Oh man, I remember that. Where all the pranks are needlessly cruel but the victim keeps on saying it's a good prank while crying. Amazing ep.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While the Dream episode is good, best short segment episode is still the fairy tale one, if only for the wolf accent in the last segment (though really all three segments are amazing)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That said the best episode is still The Night Begins to Shine ("40%, 40%, 20%"). Even the people who despise the show like that one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pizdec posted:

Thanks! So it's a Road to the Multiverse type of deal? If so, I'm all over that poo poo! (And if not, I'm all over that poo poo anyway)

Well, it's a type of episode TTG does often, where each Titan stars in their own mini-skit. The theme of this one happens to be what the Titans dream about when they go to bed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I miss the days when every episode was about food instead of directly trolling.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Eh, only like 5 episodes are completely about trolling. The rest are whatever weirdness they feel like.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Oh man, I remember that. Where all the pranks are needlessly cruel but the victim keeps on saying it's a good prank while crying. Amazing ep.

KISS ME ROBIN

*sucker punches him as he draws close*

Holy poo poo I will never get tired of them making GBS threads all over the Starfire/Robin ship. Beastboy and Raven on the other hand they seem to pander to and troll in equal measure.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

KISS ME ROBIN

*sucker punches him as he draws close*

Holy poo poo I will never get tired of them making GBS threads all over the Starfire/Robin ship. Beastboy and Raven on the other hand they seem to pander to and troll in equal measure.

Probably cause Beast Boy/Raven has more room for humor in it than Robin/Starfire does

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's also because Robin/Starfire was pretty much a will they/won't they thing in the actual canon while the Raven/BB thing was mostly fans shipping opposites as they tend to do.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's also because Robin/Starfire was pretty much a will they/won't they thing in the actual canon while the Raven/BB thing was mostly fans shipping opposites as they tend to do.

To be fair the show did have some actual ship teasing between Beast Boy and Raven, just not as serious as the Robin and Starfire one was

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair the show did have some actual ship teasing between Beast Boy and Raven, just not as serious as the Robin and Starfire one was

It was very slight though and I think was mostly a late reaction to the fan demand that they couldn't do all that much with. The series was way more interested in Beast Boy/Terra for the majority and when that all played out they didn't really have time to go in any other direction.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
I was rewatching "Garage Sale" just now and for the first time I realized just how much effort the writers put into the actual garage sale scene. In just 20 seconds, the scene introduces five characters and gives an insight into who they are and why they are there, which was a level of detail that I missed on first viewing.

The Adorable Woman in the Orange Bandana
In the opening group shot, she is smiling and excited. In her opening close up, you see her eyeing the contents of two tables. Her eyes glance from one item to the next, and she is indifferent to the various books, videotapes and sports equipment strewn about at random. When she looks at the red dodgeball on the table, however, her face lights up as she stops to pick it up with a huge smile on her face. She is next seen looking at the comic books and masks, but not purchasing them. She then purchases a giant water tank, a beehive and various sports equipment (golf clubs and a football, but not a basketball) but ignores a ball of yarn (seems like she is the outdoorsy type). The parting shot features her smiling while holding the red dodgeball that she picked up in her close up.

The Ironic Hipster in the Yellow Shoes
In the opening group shot, he is not smiling and appears more confused than excited. He is shown staring at the Slade Mask, unsure of what to make of it, but presumably purchases it anyway. He then is shown doing his best scary monster impression while staring at the Jeff mask. He purchases the comic books at the table, but leaves the Jeff mask behind (for now). He is then shown rifling through a box of the Titans' belongings, unsure of what to make of any of it. His close up features a split second of him smiling as he puts on the Jeff mask, clenches his fists, and becomes The Jeff. Seems like he found his Halloween costume for this year, and has a backup in the form of the Slade mask. His expression is hidden by The Jeff Mask as he leaves the sale, but the final shot is him stealing the Garage Sale sign, presumably for the irony value.

The Woman in the Blue Shoes
In the opening group shot she is happy and excited to be there. She is seen trying out a golf club, which she presumably purchases. Next she is seen looking closely at three different toys: a dollhouse, a boombox, and the clown car from Return of Slade. She ultimately decides to purchase the clown car and in her close up she happily purchases the Ultimate Sandwich (it might look rotten, but super heroes would never sell rotten food right?). She leaves the garage sale with a big smile on her face, possibly because she got her holiday shopping done early (or she is really into golf and clowns) and has already figured out what to eat for dinner tonight!

The Man in the Red Shoes
In the opening group shot he is excited to be there, presumably because he knows he is walking out of there with some ridiculous deals. His expression is hidden as he picks up various tool bits, robot parts, a sealed box, four delicious looking pies and what appears to be enough weapons grade fissionable material to level Jump City. He purchases all of this for the sum total of two quarters, two nickels and two pennies. 62 cents. The rest of the lot is less impressive to him, but he is shown picking up the majority of the sealed boxes, presumably hoping for some more awesome finds in them, but knowing the Titans, odds are they are filled with literal garbage. Robin's awesome red dragon boots are shown catching his eyes, and I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he walks out of the garage sale so happy is not the delicious pies in his hands but rather the awesome red dragon boots which may or may not already be on his unseen feet.

The Overweight Guy in the Soiled Wifebeater
In the opening group shot this guy seems embarrassed to be there, and is slightly blushing. In his opening close up he walks by the same tables as the Woman in the Orange Bandana does, but while her eyes move from one item to the next until she finds her red ball, his eyes remain fixed on the video tapes on the table as he stares at them with a creepy expression on his face. He is then shown purchasing various children's toys and cookware, with a particular fascination for the toys. In his close up, he looks around carefully to make sure no one is watching, then his suspicious frown erupts into joyous giggling as he picks up Robin's old green short shorts. In the closing shot, he is the only character whose eyes are not looking forward as they exit the scene. Instead his eyes remain fixed on his prized green short shorts as he walks away with a creepy grin on his face.

God of Evil Cows fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 12, 2016

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Preview of Thursday's redub episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkKIj_Amck

The complaints in the comments only make everything better.:allears:

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged

Kuroyama posted:

Preview of Thursday's redub episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkKIj_Amck

The complaints in the comments only make everything better.:allears:

Gods, so much self-obsessed whining. Poor diddums can't seem to grasp the concept that not everything is meant to directly appeal to them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD SLADE

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It's like someone made a YouTube Abridged video and put it on TV. These guys keep putting out top material.

Slade was the best part.

• Locked thread