Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

oh did players hurt cigs feelings so they are taking their ball and going home?

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7116000/#Comment_7116000

his nibs fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 11, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dante80 posted:

Still re-watching that dune video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLSWB0fycXM

A question. At 29:05, just before the demo shits itself and re-loops, isn't that a water splash effect in the right side of the screen?

Are they still making this as a Cryengine level with half of it being under water to simulate space?

Just noticed every tree is the same model too.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

D_Smart posted:

Unless I missed it, you forgot to highlight their detail texture issues in the near clip plane. It's so jarring, I noticed it right away.

Yeah I missed it, which is hilarious because the problems are much deeper than even my careful eye could see in multiple viewings. I also missed the Tuskan Raider snap-to AI fakery.

More will be discovered I am sure. :D

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

happyhippy posted:

Every rock on their build a planet demo is exactly the same as well.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Did you give us your personal feelings on the whole Citcon thing? I think Lazrin said not showing SM was bad but not much else...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

happyhippy posted:

And yet everyone is trying to hype this up as being a revolutionary jump forward in planet generation.

To be honest here I don't see anything more impressive (unless you count how impressively bad that scripted mission was) than what I've seen in Infinity: Battlescape.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am legit surprised no one cares about the revolving mouth parts in the sand worm.
As in how does a biological entity have rotating mouth parts?

Someone programmed the worm's mouth parts to rotate.

Rotate!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Lladre posted:

I am legit surprised no one cares about the revolving mouth parts in the sand worm.

Rotate!

The answer is in this dark alley, friendo, please come with us...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

Rotate!

That whole worm looked like total poo poo, tbh. It had giant motherfucking scales and poo poo, mouthflaps that didn't line up, and straight up a penis shaped head.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Lladre posted:

Rotate!

Oh I noticed it, figured it doesnt make sense, but at least it seems to work correctly. Well, til the whole worm fucks up.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Holy poo poo

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

That whole worm looked like total poo poo, tbh. It had giant motherfucking scales and poo poo, mouthflaps that didn't line up, and straight up a penis shaped head.

Well I guess they want goons to come back.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lladre posted:

Rotate!

Easier to rotate around a point than pulse in or out or actually work.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cymelion has a simply staggering level of self-awareness...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

Unless I missed it, you forgot to highlight their detail texture issues in the near clip plane. It's so jarring, I noticed it right away.

Hey Derek, where's the blog post that's going to get you sued? It's been a few days now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
That Cymelion fellow really doesn't like you Beet.

Maybe he's a cat person.

Terebus posted:

Hey Derek, where's the blog post that's going to get you sued? It's been a few days now.

Gonna be waiting a long time for the ol Warlord to actually do something. He'll be along to tell you all about himself in his blog tonight though.

craptown
Oct 7, 2001

skaboomizzy posted:

If Squadron 42 is gonna have 28 (Jesus Christ, really?) chapters, how many of those are gonna be available to those who pre-purchased the game with whatever package they were selling before? When will they say "Yeah, you preordered up to Chapter <x>, but you need to start buying new stuff now"?

The only chapter you will see from CIG is 11.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drunk Theory posted:

Maybe he's a cat person.

Gonna be waiting a long time for the ol Warlord to actually do something. He'll be along to tell you all about himself in his blog tonight though.

As if.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Lladre posted:

Rotate!

I wasn't paying super close attention, but I had the same thought during the live stream, then I think I saw the rotating mouth parts move back and forth. I'm not interested in watching that poo poo again to confirm if that's correct, or if I was just too bored and drunk at the time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

Maybe he's a cat person.

I think in terms of "people who enrage Citizens simply by existing" I'm right behind Derek Smart and Beer, which is pretty impressive considering I've never actually done anything except lazily troll them from time to time.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
The Star Citizen gameplay is Battlecruiser 3000 gameplay with less Derek Smart style key-bindings lmao. But no boats. Where are the boats Chris?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Lladre posted:

Rotate!

Its simple, they copied it from that transformers worm, Shockwave.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 11, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

So, you thinking Chris decided instead of taking dick, he wanted to be making dick?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Cymelion has a good point though,

He is a oval office.

:shrug:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

craptown posted:

The only chapter you will see from CIG is 11.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am chatting in a Stream http://youtu.be/jGS2BfbHqeY

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kikkelivelho posted:

The demo was scripted to a degree but people pointing that out are missing the point. The planets v2 demo was showing the advances CIG has made in their procgen technology. It was showcasing what kind of gameplay opportunities the tech would enable in Star Citizen. The amount of implications made in this single demo are massive. Planets with breathable atmospheres. Massive living creatures with their own behaviors. NPCs building camps and setting up ambushes for the player. The demo did exactly what it was supposed to. It showed us what kind of experiences are possible once the planet generation tech is complete.

And if you want to make a safer bet just buy Squadron 42. We'll see a finished, polished version of one of the campaign missions in the next livestream. Most of the missions are already playable so the game should be releasing by spring. Maybe once people get to play the singleplayer campaign they'll finally understand that all of this is real.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

D_Smart posted:

Listening in

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

My response may have been a little mean.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

scrubs season six posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

That account just posts quotes from random citizens and they are amazing every time

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

starkebn posted:

so has anyone else mentioned how the planet demo looked no better, if not worse than last year's "Mad Max" ?

It definitely looked worse. I honestly don't know how people claim that the procgen looks "really good" as it seems on par with stuff we've seen in the last 6 years, and doesn't have any polish or effects to it.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

My response may have been a little mean.

Dude, harsh!!

Funny though :D

craptown
Oct 7, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

And the last one. Directly from twitch.

See if you can spot any issues.

Did Sandi really have to show up in the demo too?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mirificus posted:

Forbes: Star Citizen's 'Squadron 42' Single Player Campaign Delayed Until Some Future Undefined Date

quote:

Erik Kain posted:

Per the request of many readers, I’ve changed the headline. Before it read “indefinitely” which means “for an unlimited or unspecified period of time” according to the dictionary and, you know, the English language.

The game was set for a 2016 release date, and has now been pushed back to a later, unspecified release date. Given that it’s such a long, long ways off from completion, this could really be any time. They are indicating 2017, but that’s far from certain. Hence, it has been delayed “indefinitely” rather than “until March 13th, 2017.”

Readers—superfans?—took indefinitely to mean “the game has been cancelled.” This is preposterous, of course, but better safe than sorry. Had I wanted to say the game is likely not going to release or is done for, I would have said so. Instead I pointed out that, rather than a delay to a specific time, the game has been delayed to an unspecific time.

Hence the new title which is hopefully less “clickbait” for your outrage. Of course, this is too late to stem the tide of anger and calls for my head and complaints to this publication and so forth. Fanboys rarely behave well, and this is another example of just such a time when my faith in fandom is rocked; or rather, my critique of fandom is bolstered.

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/785669078731984902

:laffo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Is your Star Citizen fleet going to contain a Polaris Corvette?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

craptown posted:

Did Sandi really have to show up in the demo too?

To be fair, this was one of the absolute best performances I've seen from her.

Seriously though, she showed up so much. Like, when they started playing that "I am Star Citizen." video, and she shows up like four times.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Still waiting on that epic blog post that finally puts CIG to shame.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Eldragon posted:

Still waiting on that epic blog post that finally puts CIG to shame.

Look, it already took a week to get the new thread title cleared by Legal, what more do you want.

This thread title is okay, not as bad as others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Chin posted:

Re: a gif of the worm

:psyduck:

How would you know it takes a long time to trigger the worm if this is the first time they showed the worm and you aren't part of the dev team gently caress these people are so goddamn stupidalltheydoispretendtheyknoweverythingaboutthegameinordertosilencepeoplewithdissentingopinionsjesusfuckingchrist

• Locked thread