Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I hope ACH's shirt is okay... :ohdear:

Great pair of nights, I'm still a bit wrecked from 7+ hours of yelling.

I've been huffing cough drops since moments after night one and I'm still raw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so I guess the new Vince Russo booked fed lost their Roku TV slot before ever going to air?

https://twitter.com/THERockyMtnPro

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Brother Hero! I knew you'd come....

I enjoyed that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

so I guess the new Vince Russo booked fed lost their Roku TV slot before ever going to air?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rddRQyBmBkw

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/785665656981065728

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

coconono posted:

I'd never received any hint that there was any pro wrestling in Denver, the promoters apparently don't have the fortitude (or the sense) to hock outside a WWE show or something.

All for the best, though. I'm not yet sad enough to attend a no-name local indie in a dead territory.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

first three rows for aaw 11/4 seemingly sold much quicker than either JLMT night. neither night was as packed with standing room people as the shows a few months ago, though all the seats were sold. suspect that's both a result of them running 5 shows in 7 weeks and being booked against riotfest and two cubs playoffs games

11/4 has matt hardy, aaw champ sami callihan, #1 contender chris hero, ohio is for killers, zack sabre jr, prince mustafa ali, trevor lee and andrew everett announced :D

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I don't need to buy tickets tonight for the next AAW show, I said.

I can get them when they go on sale, I said.

I guess I'm settling for third row, I said.

I'm buying tickets to the Thanksgiving show asap, I say.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'd never received any hint that there was any pro wrestling in Denver, the promoters apparently don't have the fortitude (or the sense) to hock outside a WWE show or something.

All for the best, though. I'm not yet sad enough to attend a no-name local indie in a dead territory.

Shindies are super fun tho. The regular fans are weird as gently caress, the regular wrestlers clearly don't give a poo poo and might drop an indie darling on his neck for a cheap pop.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Basic Chunnel posted:

I too hate fun

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/785901755557093376

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

had a feeling

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

SSB, Speedball, and now Josh get barred from performing in the states, but somehow Ethan Page keeps making it across. What a cruel world.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MagicCube posted:

SSB, Speedball, and now Josh get barred from performing in the states, but somehow Ethan Page keeps making it across. What a cruel world.

Gabe probably helped with him getting his visa. Indeed cruel.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Gabe probably helped with him getting his visa. Indeed cruel.

On the AIW podcast they said Ethan Page has something figured out for himself that they didn't want to talk about, but it didn't sound like a work visa, at least not for wrestling.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Free Josh Alexander

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Free Speedball, I want to watch him more.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Big Bidness posted:

On the AIW podcast they said Ethan Page has something figured out for himself that they didn't want to talk about, but it didn't sound like a work visa, at least not for wrestling.

I forgot that they had mentioned that. And if they're mentioning that you know it's probably something really weird.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

Can he take over the El Generico gimmick and fool the Canadian authorities?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I forgot that they had mentioned that. And if they're mentioning that you know it's probably something really weird.

Probably just a secret wedding with a fan

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

13 came today along with bola, I guess because I ordered 13 when I preordered bola they just waited to send everything. Thank you for your prayers in this trying time, God bless PWG.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Can he take over the El Generico gimmick and fool the Canadian authorities?

It's the American authorities. It's nto like he's not allowed to leave the country, the US doesn't want him in. Canada's actually a lot easier on indie wrestlers coming in than the US is due to some sort of visa exception for small gigs.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Suplex Liberace posted:

I like them both and wish that PWG had shown interest in Alexander as a singles wrestler after he un-retired, but I guess if they had there'd be yet another guy's run derailed by immigration problems. Lucha Underground should get in on Josh, he's way better than Brian Cage and they got him over.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/786388984922419200

11/4
matt hardy
aaw champ sami callihan
#1 contender chris hero
zack sabre jr
rey fenix
ar fox
prince mustafa ali
trevor lee
andrew everett
ohio is for killers
eddie kingston
homicide
team tremendous
chuck taylor
kongo kong
markus crane

edit:
mat fitchett
davey vega
dezmond xavier
heidi lovelace
kimber lee

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 14, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to see Broken Matt Hardy vs. JR Kratos at APW on Friday. Here's to hoping he brings Seņor Benjamin

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

gently caress, I just realized I'm out of town that weekend. If anyone wants a GA ticket, hmu.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says ITV plans on doing a big tv taping pilot in November. Pretty cool how far U.K. wrestling has come recently

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says ITV plans on doing a big tv taping pilot in November. Pretty cool how far U.K. wrestling has come recently

Wait, so is ITV forming a promotion of their own or something?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Venomous posted:

Wait, so is ITV forming a promotion of their own or something?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/786423927568412674

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When can Speedball and SSB come back to the states and wrestle? Have the five years passed yet?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I saw Speedball wrestle Mark Haskins back in September and it was awesome.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

TV Zombie posted:

When can Speedball and SSB come back to the states and wrestle? Have the five years passed yet?

Uno needs a visa to come work in the US (simlar with Josh Alexander's situation). Dunno about Stu. Bailey I last heard was attempting at an appeal but there were no other updates about that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Uno very recently work a PWG show as Evil Uno?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't Uno very recently work a PWG show as Evil Uno?

Yes. He said at Beyond Wrestling that his run through the US wouldn't be very long due to paper work.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's really a shame what happened to the SSB, them beating the Bucks for the straps while the crowd is molten hot and Steen loses his mind on color commentary is a favorite PWG moment.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SSB/The Young Bucks is the greatest match of all time. The second greatest match of all time is SSB/The Young Bucks/Future Shock.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is anyone here going to the Hoodslam show that Ghoul is playing on the 22nd? Down to kick it before hand.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ryback22/status/787331138775814145

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

i very very briefly considered going to this but i have a concert i'm goin to tonight anyways

was only $100 for the Ryback VIP Package though!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Can they sell more than one of them? Can't have two people both first in line...