Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
drat it Derek you rear end in a top hat you don't have poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
well that escalated quickly

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

milk milk lemonade posted:

I mean, let's all be honest:

Chris Roberts is an utterly incompetent mushmouth fucktard, and the game is garbage.

We all know this.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
a bunch of entitled babies in here.

Derek merely said he wwas gonna show some amazing stuff, he never made any promises though so honestly you guys just set up unrealistic expectations.

Its in the blog pipeline.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

You dont understand blog development!!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
also my balls look like they were swapped with Dr. Manhattan's

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Can we get a kikkle post shilling for Derek's new blog?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Full disclosure: I am a paid Derek Shill. I've spent tens of dollars on his games.

Anonymity is a terrible thing. Don't get me wrong -- I have strongly libertarian leanings, and really do believe that personal liberty and freedom require that we each have some level of control over our personal information. We should never be under mass surveillance. We should have the ability and right to live a quiet life where no one really knows we exist.

I say these things for a reason. People confuse the above concept with some sort of right to remain forever anonymous whilst throwing firebombs everywhere, sh*t-stirring and rabble-rousing for no other reason than they weren't good at sports or had poor social skills, or whatever excuse they come up with to justify behavior that appears in DSM-5 on a symptoms chart. The gamer community is probably one of the worst examples of this on the internet. I say this as a gamer, and member of that community.

In the wake of the missing blog, all I have seen is a bunch of negative posts on these forums, and continued accusations that Derek is engaging in outright criminal fraud.

In answer to these misanthropes, I ask a simple question: Did you even read the July 2015 blog? Did you see the ownage and understand the power it represented? I mean, are you serious? It boggles the mind to consider, but some of them might actually be ignorant enough to not understand that what we read was /revolutionary./ I do not use that word lightly, or without serious thought.

Yes. Revolutionary. Dreams are being fulfilled. Right now. By Derek. Revolutionary. Even if starcitizen is excellent (and I do not believe that will be the case,) Derek has led to the development of something /orders of magnitude/ beyond what anyone thought would be possible on a trolling scale. The vast majority of the naysayers began their journey of hatred towards Derek by claiming /what we all witnessed on Sunday is possible.

So, yeah. The powerpoint demo of SpaceFaceBook was crap. Those responsible need to understand they are demoing a product to idiots, not sitting down with businesspeople in a meeting room. The news that a hotly anticipated game is going to be delayed was hilarious -- but, then, basically EVERY GAME SCAM EVER MADE is funny. For God's sake, have some perspective.

And what do we see? A bunch of trolls in these forums, lobbing firebombs, and journalists driving clicks to their sites with 'DEREK SHART IS A POOPYHEAD!' headlines. It's pathetic. All of you involved, seek help now, your quality of life will improve after proper counseling.

Here's the thing. Despite the good news (and I want to poo poo on Squadron 42 as much as anyone,) what I saw was a collection of tweets that, when you consider they will all eventually be in the same blog, fills me with wonder, amazement, and excitement. Derek's /hate/ does that., Imagine what the actual blog is going to be like in 2-3 years when it is done?

This is not a short journey. This blog is probably 3 years from general release. So what? It's worth the wait.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 12, 2016

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Remember when that guy took a photo of his nads and got the thread closed?

Free Tophat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

VealCutlet posted:

Remember when that guy took a photo of his nads and got the thread closed?

Free Tophat.

this thread has persevered through some really odd and dark times. all hail The Thread

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

thatguy posted:

Can we get a kikkle post shilling for Derek's new blog?

Ok I'll take the bait.
All us Blog Readers have waited for over a year for answers on expectations of on delivery of a Huge E.L.E that due to repeated miscommunications we've been told to expect Soon™ for fortnight after fortnight.
With Derek repeatedly telling Blog Readers to expect to see something soon and then communicating that the blog would be withheld until more review by Legal is it any surprise that readers might get a little upset and start feeling that they're being treated like a baboon's balls?

This new tweet is great because it's supplies concise technical and gameplay reasons that informs blog readers of conditions that need to be met for the E.LE. rather than another Soon™ statement and rationalizations about arbitrarily holding back a blogs release to its backers.
It's all the "whining" blog readers have wanted for years as now we know that we shouldn't set our expectations sooner than late 2017 and likely into 2018.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Full disclosure: I am a paid Derek Shill. I've spent tens of dollars on his games.

Anonymity is a terrible thing. Don't get me wrong -- I have strongly libertarian leanings, and really do believe that personal liberty and freedom require that we each have some level of control over our personal information. We should never be under mass surveillance. We should have the ability and right to live a quiet life where no one really knows we exist.

I say these things for a reason. People confuse the above concept with some sort of right to remain forever anonymous whilst throwing firebombs everywhere, sh*t-stirring and rabble-rousing for no other reason than they weren't good at sports or had poor social skills, or whatever excuse they come up with to justify behavior that appears in DSM-5 on a symptoms chart. The gamer community is probably one of the worst examples of this on the internet. I say this as a gamer, and member of that community.

In the wake of the missing blog, all I have seen is a bunch of negative posts on these forums, and continued accusations that Derek is engaging in outright criminal fraud.

In answer to these misanthropes, I ask a simple question: Did you even read the July 2015 blog? Did you see the ownage and understand the power it represented? I mean, are you serious? It boggles the mind to consider, but some of them might actually be ignorant enough to not understand that what we read was /revolutionary./ I do not use that word lightly, or without serious thought.

Yes. Revolutionary. Dreams are being fulfilled. Right now. By Derek. Revolutionary. Even if starcitizen is excellent (and I do not believe that will be the case,) Derek has led to the development of something /orders of magnitude/ beyond what anyone thought would be possible on a trolling scale. The vast majority of the naysayers began their journey of hatred towards Derek by claiming /what we all witnessed on Sunday is possible.

So, yeah. The powerpoint demo of SpaceFaceBook was crap. Those responsible need to understand they are demoing a product to idiots, not sitting down with businesspeople in a meeting room. The news that a hotly anticipated game is going to be delayed was hilarious -- but, then, basically EVERY GAME SCAM EVER MADE is funny. For God's sake, have some perspective.

And what do we see? A bunch of trolls in these forums, lobbing firebombs, and journalists driving clicks to their sites with 'DEREK SHART IS A POOPYHEAD!' headlines. It's pathetic. All of you involved, seek help now, your quality of life will improve after proper counseling.

Here's the thing. Despite the good news (and I want to poo poo on Squadron 42 as much as anyone,) what I saw was a collection of tweets that, when you consider they will all eventually be in the same blog, fills me with wonder, amazement, and excitement. Derek's /hate/ does that., Imagine what the actual blog is going to be like in 2-3 years when it is done?

This is not a short journey. This blog is probably 3 years from general release. So what? It's worth the wait.

:eyepop:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

sorla78 posted:

to apply proper lingo:
how many console peasants are going to spent a pc's worth on jpgs? maybe CIG should start selling PC's budled with jpgs.

Even better... Sell them a JPG of the computer they will need to show their JPGs. No worries about the logistics as the customers will never recieve it...

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Clearly Derek is only an armchair/weekend internet warlord. Like uncle Rob yelling at the TV when the Vikings lose.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

It's just a shader glitch.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLightPurges posted:

Derek merely said he wwas gonna show some amazing stuff, he never made any promises though so honestly you guys just set up unrealistic expectations.

He may have been more willing if CitizenCon turned out good.

Right now there's a fire surrounding CIG in the name of backers starting to realize they're getting hosed sideways with a space ship shaped brick.

Wait to see how that goes, once it dies down, then throw in Derek's hellfire of blogosphere attacks.

Ultimately though CIG is going to do themselves in. :)

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Derek Smart's bombshell update on Star Citizen has been delayed indefinitely.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Rad Russian posted:

I don't think you understand what delayed indefinitely means.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Big news everyone! I have secret insider info:

Derek Smart's blog post isn't going to be delivered in 2016, and cannot be produced at the scope originally promised.

I'll post a big blog about it, but first I have to get it to clear legal.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Smash the mush mouth, blog

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao at anyone who hasn't figured out that Derek is as capable of delivering on his promises as any other old-school PC games auteur.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Rad Russian posted:

:mad: I want a refund on my 500 or so shitposts.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

:mad: I want a refund on my 500 or so shitposts.

Sorry, Derek changed the TOS last June. You agreed to the new terms by logging into the forums.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

The Titanic posted:

He may have been more willing if CitizenCon turned out good.

Right now there's a fire surrounding CIG in the name of backers starting to realize they're getting hosed sideways with a space ship shaped brick.

Wait to see how that goes, once it dies down, then throw in Derek's hellfire of blogosphere attacks.

Ultimately though CIG is going to do themselves in. :)

:same:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Maldoror posted:

Sorry if I missed this if it was mentioned already, but, why was Sandi wearing a night gown?

You clearly don't understand fashion development.

Seriouspost, that poo poo was very on trend three or four years ago but has now been ripped off by every crappy sweatshop so it is dog meat at this point. I don't know whether Sandi's is an old Nina Ricci or See by Chloe from her closet, or from a second-hand shop, or from some ripoff vendor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D1E posted:

Beer for new thread OP!

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm quite happy with my current level of involvement.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Marching Powder for new thread OP!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

D1E posted:

Marching Powder Lazrin for new thread OP!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Page 6666 for thread op.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fourth stimpire for op

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

thatguy posted:

He tries to hang himself but all the ropes/chairs/beams keep breaking.

Tries to poison himself, but can't get enough pills in one place?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Tophat for op

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Like why do they want all these planets, they'll never be able to visit/explore them all- especially if you're spending your time drilling individual holes.

And why would you want to be a lowly crew member on someone else's asteroid mining expedition.

Nothing about this makes any goddamn sense.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

guys uh we worship derek because we're the cult so please kindly reprogram derek promised nothing and you're an idiot if you thought he'd have a blog ready this isn't for the feint of heart

I haven't taken my joy today.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Like why do they want all these planets, they'll never be able to visit/explore them all- especially if you're spending your time drilling individual holes.

And why would you want to be a lowly crew member on someone else's asteroid mining expedition.

Nothing about this makes any goddamn sense.
It makes sense if you take the view that every Shitizen wants their own planet. It's a weird thing because they want this big online game, but they don't actually want to interact with anyone else, i.e B'tak.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheLightPurges posted:

Look, man, I pledged all of my disposable poo poo posts to the thread so I could get the best blog posts possible. If Derek and Legal need the time to make this the most amazing blog post ever, I, for one, am willing to wait. I don't want any shallow derivative post like the bloggers out there create, I want the miracle Derek can create.

Besides, all of you toxic dinks, stop being thread locusts!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I haven't taken my joy today.
I watched a "Let's Play" of that for hours. It's the type of game I would hate to play but the setting was so good I wanted to watch it unfold.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also, I'd say Chris Roberts for OP, but we'd be waiting forever for a final OP that'd never surface, with slideshows and fancy rendered videos displaying what the final OP might look like but guys don't hold him to a date for when the final OP will be ready.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D1E posted:

I mean, let's all be honest:

Chris Roberts is an utterly incompetent mushmouth fucktard, and the game is garbage.

We all know this.

But I need a blog to tell me these things.

In detail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D1E posted:

I don't think you understand what delayed indefinitely means.

Look, at least it wasn't scrapped.

• Locked thread