Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

got some chores tonight posted:

the name of this game really should be friends come and go, but this isnt the first time ive made a mistake w/ how i named something

anyway, 3 1 friends left before the game starts!!! (its gonna be off the chain)

someone please join my game so i can start it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

got some chores tonight posted:

someone please join my game so i can start it :)

I posted an ad for this in the BYOB chat thread, no takers so far... :(

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

BottleKnight posted:

I just like the idea of taking those posts that mods post at the end of games with the roles, moddoc, and Director's Commentary (or w/e you want to call it) and putting those in a page on the wiki. I think it could be a genuinely interesting database. Please tell me your thoughts!

I like this idea, having all of them consolidated in one wiki category and maybe having a standardized page template (description, bulleted list setup, links to google docs for moddoc, obsdoc, scum docs, etc?) seems awfully useful

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asked this in the main thread, asking here too. Does this game look playable?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ThSl5N9hZ__GeIkllLh7asCcyuphYVThqqhbLiyM5MQ/edit?usp=sharing

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I mean, I'd play it.

This should not be taken as an endorsement of the game itself, I know nothing about Mafia design, but I think it would be Fun and that is what is important right?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ThSl5N9hZ__GeIkllLh7asCcyuphYVThqqhbLiyM5MQ/edit?usp=sharing

Needs a hypercharger imo

Also jester should be bulletproof

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Flying Leatherman posted:

I mean, I'd play it.

This should not be taken as an endorsement of the game itself, I know nothing about Mafia design, but I think it would be Fun and that is what is important right?

That's what I'm aiming for. I'm just wondering whether the gimmick of death millers is more fun than frustrating? I think it looks fun, but as the creator I am biased.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Flying Leatherman posted:

I like this idea, having all of them consolidated in one wiki category and maybe having a standardized page template (description, bulleted list setup, links to google docs for moddoc, obsdoc, scum docs, etc?) seems awfully useful

I'll work on this.

Some questions though, we have two legacy (read: old) categories on the wiki, Games and Small Games. If I were to put some work into setup templates and janitoring this area for future mod add-ins, what do people think those categories should be? Should they stay the same? Should we just make one category called Setups? Something else?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

SirSamVimes posted:

as an open setup, i think its breaking if everyone mass claims but im too lazy to work it oyi

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah to prevent massclaims from breaking the game you're gonna need some sort of randomness inserted into the setup, or like twice the number of vanillas.

or just return this to a closed setup by never mentioning this setup again for 6 months.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Add a few more VT and another goon maybe? And another death miller.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Have players who will fake claim for no reason

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SirSamVimes posted:

Add a few more VT and another goon maybe? And another death miller.

tell the death millers they're VT. :hehe:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EccoRaven posted:

tell the death millers they're VT. :hehe:

Well the idea was to append the Death Miller to the role PM of a few random town players, power roles as well as vanilla. Do you think that setup would work better if I didn't tell the people who get the Death Miller addendum that they have it?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I 100% think the death Miller role is more entertaining when the player doesn't know they have it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SirSamVimes posted:

That's what I'm aiming for. I'm just wondering whether the gimmick of death millers is more fun than frustrating? I think it looks fun, but as the creator I am biased.

I would never want to play a game with a Death Miller in it. There's no kind of fun involved. And your setup is worse because no flip can ever be trusted. Lynches may as well be random.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: a game with so many death millers would be amazingly fun and I would play it 100x because I don't have to worry about interactions with dead players just go in the moment

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There's also the fact that there's only one actual goon. Two if I expand the numbers.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gotta Go Fast is an open setup looking for folks who feel the need for speed

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cool Kids Only

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:siren: SECRET SANTA :siren:

Due to unforseen circumstances (:sassargh:) I have taken over SASS this year. We're going to try using Elfster

Sign up below there's a section for nicknames or just put in as your regular name, just keep in mind people are going to be mailing things to you.

2016 SA Mafia SASS!

I have set a deadline of Nov 10th to sign up, if people feel that's too early/late let me know as we'll need to come to a consensus asap.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:siren:INCEPTION:siren:

It's a game about games with games in it!

Join it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794491

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One day, a simple man by the name of Iskra Miloslovsky brewed up a very special batch of moonshine - known simply as Shine - that changed the world forever. Much to his surprise, those who drank his creation gained extraordinary abilities - well beyond their wildest dreams! To most, Shine was just an urban legend, and Prohibition was just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol. But anytime a new power rises, so too do those who would take it for themselves...

First, a silent war broke out in New York City focused on one certain backroom speakeasy where tradesmen congregated to enjoy a drink after a hard day's work, but in the end the common man won the day against both the New York City Mafia and the newly-founded FBI, and Shine survived to spread beyond the city.

Then, Shine came to Chicago in the midst of a brutal gang war as the Outfit struggled to retain control over the city while their former boss Al Capone languished in prison, but in the end the nefarious North Side Gang crushed the Outfit and took control of the Shine trade in Chicago.

Through each bloody conflict, Shine spread further across the nation - as did the secrets of its brewing. And now, with the end of Prohibition, Shine is easy to get for anyone who wants it - young or old, rich or poor. But crafty brewers keep on experimenting with Shine recipes, and new batches pop up every day with stranger and stranger effects. In the end, nobody could have foreseen the kind of chaos a humble Russian immigrant's creation would bring to the bustling city of New Orleans. What darkness lies behind the frail veneer of this bright and lively place, as Prohibition's last dying clutches fade away and New Orleans' residents embrace the unpredictable power of Shine?

Shine III: Spirits of New Orleans, is a flavorful closed-setup game of Mafia for 33(!) players.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
hey all

here's a game for some fun ppl to play

chill mafia

just chill af

thanks all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Join Cat Lady Mafia, a strange game for 13 players

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:siren:INCEPTION:siren:

It's a game about games with games in it!

Join it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794491

This game is back open for sign ups! Join it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Assault on Chapo Trap House, a 15-player game with flavour based on the greatest podcast, is now open for signups.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

The Nuns of Nolaisko have been attacked. Will you come to their rescue?

The conflict has ended with the nuns exacting their brutal revenge (MAFIA VICTORY).

Meanwhile, a game of Hangman has broken out at The Harvest Festival of Hnetva! Come sing and dance and find some "monsters."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NES Accessory Role Madness for 13 players is taking signups.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Final Fantasy 2 Mafia! Finally!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Posting for Lord of Hats

Come join amazingly good Netrunner Mafia hosted by new cool mod

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
There's a non-zero chance I may need a replacement for my game! Day 2 just started. Come play an ecco game and be joyous.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3797773

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hello! This is going to be an open setup for 17 players so there will be no surprises. If you wouldn't mind playing one of these roles, feel free to sign up! They will be assigned completely at random.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HLZtQCf7pgmQ-wt1vzzSA5psxXpbj7PL1UpnqJkJFwQ/edit#gid=0

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
only need a few more for tobbs game to start, do it up friends

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

this is a stickup posted:

only need a few more for tobbs game to start, do it up friends

link?

edit: found it

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hello again mafia thread. I made a game and you should join it. It is an open setup and everyone gets a role so if you get put on the spot you better lie real hard. Or pretend to be the jester I guess.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798458&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
D&D 3rd Edition: The Horrors of Mount Death Frost - a 12 player CYOR mafia inspired game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
only one more for D&D mafia and awaaayyyy we gooooooo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sounds cool as poo poo and I look forward to reading it so somebody sign up!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Robot Mafia, a vanilla / ? / Insanity mirror game for 13 players, is now open for sign ups.

This is Podima endorsed, so you know it'll be CRAZY.

Max fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, I accidentally posted the thread while trying to preview it again, so, oh well, guess it's time to launch!

Pokemonfia Gold and Silver, a role madness game for 18 players, is now open!