Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Only 17? Sounds like you need to drop a couple hundred on your phone game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh cool, EMIYA got another crazy buff.

Now if only they'd fix his god drat animations already aaaaaaah.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Almost Halloween event time http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/92naoz/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god

IS SABER LIZ A POVERTY SERVANT WHO DRESSES LIKE DQ3 FEMALE WARRIOR

I can't wait holy poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fate/grand order is a better game than it ever deserved to be

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Much more importantly, EMIYA was announced to be getting an animation update soon. loving finally.

There's also a new system where if you burn gold (non-welfare) Servants, you can get Rare Mana Prisms you can trade 5 of for old event stuff.
I guess Stheno and Siegfried have a use now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amiya getting animation upgrades is good because this dude deserves so much better

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I didn't do much for the Nero Event (just exhausted the event gacha to get all the free stuff and didn't have time to do the super hard challenges) so hopefully Halloween is a bit more laid back. I hope.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm trying to break through the fifth challenge rn, but I have to figure out how I'm gonna kill Medb without dealing with having to use NPs to kill her flunkies fast enough.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Get a Bride CE on an Assassin/Berserker, and have them go to town on the Rider flunkies. Once the final two Casters come in, kill the second one. This will erase the Quick defense buff from Medb, but will not cause her AI to shift to attacking since the other Caster is still alive. Then just drop a Marie the Ripper from Jack and watch Medb eat the dirt.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need a Jack to have Bride CE and despite the fact I have like five friends with jack none of them seem to be fans of the bride ce

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well you could also use someone else, it's just that Jack kills Medb the fastest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I almost won but it came down to two casters and the Shikis I had and you can imagine how that went. I'm putting Iskander at the back of my team now for Caster killing power

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Holy poo poo we're getting another Liz?! I loving love DW. We just need ONE more Liz and then i can make a party consisting of Liz, Halloween Liz, Saber Liz, Assassin Liz, the next Liz, and a support Liz

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When did I turn around on DW? I used to get really bored with events quickly and get tired of their loving Quartz costs for poo poo, but the game is so good now and this new event actually is the most the game has ever done to make you engage in its mechanics and servants strengths and it is fun even if it can get frustrating and now I'm excited for another Halloween event.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

wet your whistlers mother posted:

When did I turn around on DW? I used to get really bored with events quickly and get tired of their loving Quartz costs for poo poo, but the game is so good now and this new event actually is the most the game has ever done to make you engage in its mechanics and servants strengths and it is fun even if it can get frustrating and now I'm excited for another Halloween event.

DW are learning
Let's hope they keep this up, instead of giving us more 'raid' events. It just doesn't work in this type of game. More hardmode stuff is welcome, gives the veteran players a challenge, although tbh I did not see myself being able to beat the pre-nerf Nero fight. gently caress that

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am still amazed that no event is the same so far if you count the hybrid mix and different twist to past design.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do about Ozy, he negates most of my damage and it always comes down to just him and Nero and I can't focus her because not only does he do too much damage she'll just give him guts.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Assasin welfare team and santa alter to Christmas Blast the caster wave should do it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I already did that. I'm on the finale and my issue is I can't get Nero alone and I have no command seals so I basically have 1 Kintoki NP since my support slot has to go to a Medea or Tristan to debuff Ozymandias and then another berserker to pick off leftovers like Amakusa or Medea, but it doesn't matter because one of those two will have NP to make up for the difference and by the point I could get Nero alone she'd just kill Emiya at some point and get NP in two turns and waste whatever team I had.

This is pretty much hopeless for me. I don't have the command seals or the extra servants to do this. I should've had a levelled up Medea ready for any scenario since her NP is stupid good, but i don't and this teaches me I need to level up my loving servants between events.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I pull it off with a mashu + taunt ce to protect two maxed CE berserker to raw damage murder everyone.

Kinoki has been getting me through like 99% of every event so far, so i am going to lv100 him eventually.

Also lving up SPARTA and st george for future taunt tank.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 10, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Helena, Caster Liz, and Iri pulled me through the Assassin Onslaught and it made me realize I need a big loving Caster and Caster Gil needs to be out now so I can spend these quartzes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I got through the Hassan in a 55 turn, hour long slog of NP spam with Waver, Medea, and Tamamo. Mashu tagged in for Medea after I beat Serenity so I could guarantee Medea would be alive to take out the final Hassan's trap.

Why the gently caress is there no NP Skip.

Also I got stonewalled by the final battle too. The closest I ever got was dropping Command Seals to nuke the enemy field with a Bride CE Kiyohime, but then Archer Arturia dropped the ball and failed to get a single critical on a 70%/80%/70% chain.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

wet your whistlers mother posted:

I already did that. I'm on the finale and my issue is I can't get Nero alone and I have no command seals so I basically have 1 Kintoki NP since my support slot has to go to a Medea or Tristan to debuff Ozymandias and then another berserker to pick off leftovers like Amakusa or Medea, but it doesn't matter because one of those two will have NP to make up for the difference and by the point I could get Nero alone she'd just kill Emiya at some point and get NP in two turns and waste whatever team I had.

This is pretty much hopeless for me. I don't have the command seals or the extra servants to do this. I should've had a levelled up Medea ready for any scenario since her NP is stupid good, but i don't and this teaches me I need to level up my loving servants between events.

If you're using Kintoki, you shouldn't need Rule Breaker for Ozy; his NP ignores defense. Gives you another slot to play around with at least.
I did it with Tama/Vlad/Stheno front row, with Mahu/Kintoki and Raikou on standby. Having 3 ways to lower NP gauge was nice, and let me stall out Lanceturia Alter's NP enough to kill JTR, Amakusa and Ozy

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I had time for one attempt post-nerf but I was at a friends place for a mini-lan and didn't have time. :(

Got every other Summon Ticket though so there's that.

I think I farmed around 3000 petals too, got a lot of stuff from the lottery.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I love how Sumanai is now officially part of Siegfried's character.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"I'm sorry for dying so quickly in Apocrypha and being replaced by a block of wood."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RIP Sieg, you were kinda lame in apocrypha and you continue your legacy in FGO

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

One more grail and I'll get Serenity to level 100. :toot:

Also god drat, the 2015 redux event was easy as poo poo. I laughed when the dialogue shilled Vlad as a tough fight because he went down like a chump.

Crazy how much the game has changed.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

One more grail and I'll get Serenity to level 100. :toot:

Also god drat, the 2015 redux event was easy as poo poo. I laughed when the dialogue shilled Vlad as a tough fight because he went down like a chump.

Crazy how much the game has changed.

We didn't really have the mats to get multiple 10/10/10 servants.
I'm loving how easy it is to farm the drops this time around, since everyone still has the maxed CEs from last year

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

And then the new halloween event begin after this! :banjo:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I don't remember, was every enemy level 50 and under when the event originally occurred?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I think this was from the time when gold exp is ultra rare to drop and lv 70 is the most people can lv to select few servants.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Back then having a single servant at last ascension with 4/4/4 skills was god-tier.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Man gently caress Remix OS. I've tried everything I can think of to get FGO working in a VM with it, and no soap. :psypop:

On the bright side, looks like Perfare's working on cracking FGO again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

From what I heard, he just gave up on the whole "cat and mouse" game of trying to crack DW's constantly changing security and just put his work up on public domain for others to take over.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
It's seriously loving bonkers that they go to so much effort when they could just make it so it's convenient for the customers. Like I get it's literally 20 guys paying their salaries through whaling but c'mon.

I wonder how long until some tentative release to North America, partner up with Funimation or Crunchyroll; let us transfer our accounts.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's seriously loving bonkers that they go to so much effort when they could just make it so it's convenient for the customers. Like I get it's literally 20 guys paying their salaries through whaling but c'mon.

I wonder how long until some tentative release to North America, partner up with Funimation or Crunchyroll; let us transfer our accounts.

Even if they did make a Western version, it'd probably be pretty far behind the JP ver, since i doubt they'd translate stuff in advance and do simultaneous updates. Not to mention that if they eventually do crossovers with non-TM properties, we might miss out on them due to licensing issues. Basically, even IF they make a English version of the game, it probably won't be as good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Fate has never been particularly successful in the west, so I don't think they'd see much of a point in bothering. All we've ever really gotten is Extra, and only 2/3 games at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Could always hold out hope that they do a Cygames move and add an English language option like Granblue, but given China has its' own FGO servers (which are very far behind) it's incredibly unlikely.