Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
.....I don't even want to know what the feather duster and can of....whatever-that-was, is for do I?

EDIT: THE PUNS

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Do not. Touch. The charred crotch.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"mmmhmm"

Her just not dealing with that poo poo still isn't old.

DEF LEPPARD

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still kind of annoyed that a show about the Devil helping the LAPD somehow isn't helping with supernatural crimes.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Polygynous posted:

"mmmhmm"

Her just not dealing with that poo poo still isn't old.

DEF LEPPARD

The best part is that's Lester from Chuck. The shirt definitely fits.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

The only character who doesn't evolve is Lucifer and that's part of his charm. Even Maze is growing as a person / demon.

Also, Mom seems to have "subtle" down whereas her son, Lucifer is all about being blatant. I still do not trust her or anything she says.

Oh....Oh he is evolving, it's just in a very subtle way. He's already light years ahead of everyone else, so any change, on his part, goes as coincidence. He isn't the detective or the douche. Trixie or Amenadiel. His Mother or Maze.

He's left hell, but he understands what it is he does best and does willingly. He's evolved from fire and brimstone, to justice and irony. It shows.

As for "mum". I agree. I trust her as far as I could throw her narrow rear end. Nor should you.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh snap! "That's who your father wanted you to be!"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

VendaGoat posted:

As for "mum". I agree. I trust her as far as I could throw her narrow rear end. Nor should you.

That scene at the end of E2 when she just smugly looks up should tell you everything you need to know about the character.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I know that no one watches this show for the procedural case of the week, but this week's was extra bad, they could at least try with them. First dude falsely confesses? No need to mention that again, let's just have it be that extra who was on screen for four entire seconds earlier.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They were extra slow on figuring out the connection too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I want to watch it again, but yah, I thought this weeks episode was meh.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

counterfeitsaint posted:

I know that no one watches this show for the procedural case of the week, but this week's was extra bad, they could at least try with them. First dude falsely confesses? No need to mention that again, let's just have it be that extra who was on screen for four entire seconds earlier.

It's a well worn trope to have "police have a suspect in custody that looks good but then another crime happens".

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's a crime that every episode of this show doesn't have Lucifer singing something at his piano.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

It's a crime that every episode of this show doesn't have Lucifer singing something at his piano.

I mean, I love his songs, but they would wear it out if they tried to do that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

computer parts posted:

It's a well worn trope to have "police have a suspect in custody that looks good but then another crime happens".

He said he did it and then it happened again and they never went back to explain why the guy confessed in the first place.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

spooky like this! posted:

He said he did it and then it happened again and they never went back to explain why the guy confessed in the first place.

What bothered me more was Lucifer was one or two words away from asking the question in his way and he doesn't continue it to be sure! He has said in the past people lie and then just believes the guy?

I second more piano Lucifer. Can't get enough.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I thought it was going to be that he hired or contacted a vigilante to do it. Then yeah, no explanation.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hell, I was laughing at that part. The dude blue balled him completely.

i just assumed it was a sad little angry man doing a fake confession for street cred / "people will think I'm a tough guy to be reckoned with" when they thought he did it. Once it fell through, he went back to not mattering, just like the rest of his life.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tricia Helfer has still got it, though it's sad that everything she's done since BSG has gotten cancelled or not ordered to a full series (Ascension). I always thought she would have been a better Cersei than Headey since they were both up for the part.

:agreed:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The crime of the week stuff is definitely the show's weakest part and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you have your main character consistently get bored with it and just wander off.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

He confessed because he was humiliated by what had happened and confessing was his way of claiming his pride back.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The crime of the week stuff is definitely the show's weakest part and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you have your main character consistently get bored with it and just wander off.

This.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Count on Lucifer to take away the exact wrong lesson.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Well, that black man certainly just survived coming aggressively at a Los Angeles cop while holding a bloody knife.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
LADYBARBRAWL!!!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Astrofig posted:

LADYBARBRAWL!!!

This show has a funny way of leaving me smiling even when it isn't quite the most honed thing on tv

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
During the first part of the episode I was thinking how this show really isn't very good anymore and how I'll give it a few more episodes to be less bad before giving up on it. Then girls night out happened and I was okay with it again.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Maze :black101:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
PLEASE STATE THE NATURE OF THE HOMICIDE EMERGENCY.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I SAID GET NAKED was amazing.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This episode they hit their stride again. The last two episodes were the weakest and second weakest respectively, but this was fun.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The jesus chick is pretty fun, I'm down with her whole vibe. She and Maze will be pals.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
"...and they won't stop talking about something called gluten."

:allears:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Some amazing one liners in that episode. Great episode.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

no way. Headey plays a far more sinister looking evil woman. Helfer is too hot to take her serious as an evil person like the character Cercie.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Some amazing one liners in that episode. Great episode.

Best part of this show. And the girls night thing was great!

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 19, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Uriel......

You know brother, you were the reason Adam and Eve understood the nature of reality. As such, brother, you're the reason Father is so angry.

Ok, I really enjoyed ladies night out and this episode in its entirety.

I'm good again Fox. I'm good. God damned Christopher Moltisanti.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
"I was forged in the bowels of hell to torture the guilty for all eternity"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Would watch a spin-off of just Maze and Chloe as roommates having adventures with the Girls' Night Team.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There hasn't been a lot of serious acting in this show, but Lauren German pulled off looking really, genuinely hurt when Chloe found out that girl's night was a setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope they were able to finalize the roommate setup, so that Maze can be in charge of watching the spawn while Chloe is dead in a coma.

• Locked thread