Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did not realise Play-Asia did sexy figures.

Also those ones at the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Even Amazon does.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

I do not advise scrolling down on that page. :catstare:
Just shows more RE stuff and ohhhh myyyyy goooooooooood...

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I must've hit the lottery when I first saw the page, then, because I just saw other RE figurines.

Of course, now I look back at it and it's like taking a sandblaster to my soul, so I probably lost ground on this deal.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I looked again and JESUS CHRIST IT'S FORTY loving QUID!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I looked again and JESUS CHRIST IT'S FORTY loving QUID!

Seriously. I'd pay half that, but it just seems ridiculous at that price. I feel like that's the case with pretty much all stupid but cool poo poo like that.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yeah, you gotta buy second hand when it comes to stuff like that. When I went to Japan and visited Akihabara there was a SEGA event going on where people could play crane games for figures and other things there. The kind of crane game that would take you $30-40 USD equivalent to maybe win at. The same figures that you find in those 'games' are just as easily found in any number of stores around the place for cheaper. There's an argument you could probably make about there being lower detail but that's getting into OCD Collector territory imo :shrug:

I saw a lot of tiny figures that were really expensive, that even if you were rich you couldn't justify the cost. Some keychains or super small stuff could be as expensive as the Nendoroids/Figmas/PVCs, but you'd find some really awesome stuff that was huge and a fraction of the cost or find the same thing in, again, another store for cheaper :v:

I saw a shirt with the umbrella logo on it but it was $60 :(

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Yeah, you gotta buy second hand when it comes to stuff like that. When I went to Japan and visited Akihabara there was a SEGA event going on where people could play crane games for figures and other things there. The kind of crane game that would take you $30-40 USD equivalent to maybe win at. The same figures that you find in those 'games' are just as easily found in any number of stores around the place for cheaper. There's an argument you could probably make about there being lower detail but that's getting into OCD Collector territory imo :shrug:

I saw a lot of tiny figures that were really expensive, that even if you were rich you couldn't justify the cost. Some keychains or super small stuff could be as expensive as the Nendoroids/Figmas/PVCs, but you'd find some really awesome stuff that was huge and a fraction of the cost or find the same thing in, again, another store for cheaper :v:

I saw a shirt with the umbrella logo on it but it was $60 :(

In general, the retailers around Akihabara know that foreigners are coming into their stores and are willing to splurge, so the prices in that area are the highest they'll be anywhere in Japan. It's similar to going to a big retail store in Manhattan or Michigan Ave in Chicago, you could overspend on a shirt at Banana Republic, or you could go to the outlet mall in the burbs and save some money.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Nah, it'll track any explored rooms regardless of whether or not the relevant area map has been found.
Note: There are a few rooms which stretch across ladders and poo poo, which can make it appear like you're somehow missing an item when it's really just somewhere completely different.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm getting fired for clicking that link in work, aren't ?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Don't fret, maybe your boss will promote you for inadvertently aiding his fetish for small plastic sexy Anime BabesTM.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
The RE7 Ambassador thing just sent two new videos. Pretty short but I think they're all new footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjqh-BPYU7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tIC7vd_lPY

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm sorry but telephones just are not spooky.

It's interesting that it seems to be a return to RE4 style item management though, with that shotgun taking up several slots.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Also I think they're playing in VR mode with that shaky camera movement, pretty nice.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Raxivace posted:

It's interesting that it seems to be a return to RE4 style item management though, with that shotgun taking up several slots.

I believe it's a mix of the older games and RE4 actually, with item boxes being a thing and you can only take so much with you, but what you can take with you is sorted in a RE4 styled grid. The game also has a different saving system depending on the difficulties with easier difficulties auto saving frequently while harder ones "won't be nice to you", though I don't know what exactly that entails.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Anyone see some of the images someone posted on 4chan? (I know, I know) confirming that zombies are definitely in it.

Unless that was already known and I'm just way behind.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Drunken Baker posted:

Anyone see some of the images someone posted on 4chan? (I know, I know) confirming that zombies are definitely in it.

Unless that was already known and I'm just way behind.

That seems like the least necessary spoiler I have ever seen in my life.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

That seems like the least necessary spoiler I have ever seen in my life.

Only like one of the last five RE games has had zombies so at this point it actually is a surprise!

(Should that be spoilered? Eh, better safe that sorry)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's zombies in Resident Evil 7, guys. There were also zombies in 4, 5 and 6 and if you say there were not you are just splitting hairs.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There's zombies in Resident Evil 7, guys.

gently caress, goddammit I was trying to go in blind :mad:

Lol I remembered when they tried to say the enemies weren't zombies in RE4.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hey, they weren't *rotting* zombies, they were mind-control zombies. Totally different type of zombie.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Where are the images.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

To be fair, I honestly can't classify zombie-likes using weapons and speaking coherent sentences as zombies. They need to be rotting, moaning and biting flesh-puppets for the official title

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raxivace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYyMLXq_SSo

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

smuh posted:

To be fair, I honestly can't classify zombie-likes using weapons and speaking coherent sentences as zombies. They need to be rotting, moaning and biting flesh-puppets for the official title

Yeah, this. I'll accept the ones in 6 since it seemed like they were using weapons almost accidentally, and the ones in the factory in 5, but the ones that could intelligently work together and plan? Not even close.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

smuh posted:

To be fair zombies being rotten and literal walking dead is kind of a recent thing. Pre-Romero, they were more akin to just straight up mind-controlled dudes as seen in movies like White Zombie and I Walked With a Zombie.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Raxivace posted:

To be fair zombies being rotten and literal walking dead is kind of a recent thing. Pre-Romero, they were more akin to just straight up mind-controlled dudes as seen in movies like White Zombie and I Walked With a Zombie.
So what, '68 forward? That's not recent at all! Or maybe I am too young to fully understand the zombiemans. Although even in the RE Lore (haha) the ganados/javos/other cool guys aren't classified as zombies. Chris even says something along the lines of "That ain't no zombie I ever saw!" and thats enough proof for me!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Leon says 'He's no zombie' when you kill the first ganado in RE4.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

smuh posted:

So what, '68 forward? That's not recent at all!
To each their own then. :shrug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
leon says a lot of things

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

All of them true and good.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I think it's safe to say he's an authority on what a zombie is by RE4 though. If he says it ain't a zombie, then it ain't a zombie.

It ain't a zombie!

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 14, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
you can tell me they ain't zombies by some dumb technicality all you like but it's really not fooling anyone

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

you can tell me they ain't zombies by some dumb technicality all you like but it's really not fooling anyone

Would you call Jill in RE5 a zombie? Cause it sounds to me like your only classification for zombie is 'person not under control of their own actions'. The enemies in RE4 and RE5 don't even spread anything when they attack, the plagas have to be specifically brought in and administered manually.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Someone show me the RE7 4chan zombie.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
quibbling about exactly what constitutes a zombie is dumb. in re games, you always fight monsters, and even then it is mostly formerly human monsters. i think the only times you fight un-altered humans are the lovely mp games and jill in 5.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Son Ryo posted:

Would you call Jill in RE5 a zombie? Cause it sounds to me like your only classification for zombie is 'person not under control of their own actions'. The enemies in RE4 and RE5 don't even spread anything when they attack, the plagas have to be specifically brought in and administered manually.

again you can lore dork about it as much as you like, it makes virtually no difference lol

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

Well to be fair, the original definition of zombie from Haitian folklore was someone who wasn't in control of their own actions. Zombies as the walking, rotting dead only really became a thing after George Romero made Night of the Living Dead. So in a sense, the enemies in RE4 and 5 are zombies. And RE6 had both types of zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

They're not zombies because they are actually fun to fight.