Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

soy posted:

Preordered most expensive version, paid $5 to play this weekend, and just built a $3000 PC. :getin:

you gonna brag, then brag all the way and post your specs you nerd. Also can I get origin access and then apply a key from elsewhere like GMG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Got a new teaser that shows some quick clips of the Amiens map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrxRVKE7cM

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Avanti Savoia trailer is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guq1ED5Mxa4

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

soy posted:

Preordered most expensive version, paid $5 to play this weekend, and just built a $3000 PC. :getin:

You may want to check out this game called Star Citizen...

How does the EA/Origins Early Access thing work anyhow? Is the game just unlocked between certain hours on the 13th or something? Is there any difference between EA Access and Origin Access?

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 11, 2016

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011

An entire campaign based around being a juggernaut? I have no way to express my joy in any kind of cool or manly way.

I just hope these mini-campaigns are of a decent length. Like a solid couple of hours at least.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What're the chances of there being a cutscene where the player character doesn't kill hitler

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I canceled my preorder, signed up for Origin Access, and re-preordered for a few bucks less, with the added bonus of being able to start on the 13th instead of the 18th.

I'm not sure how it works though. In Origin it still says my preload date is the 14th. Does it just magically become available on the 13th when the Play First Trial begins? And what time on the 13th does that start?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

404notfound posted:

I canceled my preorder, signed up for Origin Access, and re-preordered for a few bucks less, with the added bonus of being able to start on the 13th instead of the 18th.

I'm not sure how it works though. In Origin it still says my preload date is the 14th. Does it just magically become available on the 13th when the Play First Trial begins? And what time on the 13th does that start?

From what I've gathered the First Trial and the Preload are two separate things. Also, the First Trial will only let you play for 10 hours until the 18th. Honestly I'm not sure how they'll handle something like multiplayer (maybe they'll have a special event so everyone plays at once?). If nothing else it'll be a good time to run through the single player.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Urgh I'm such a sucker. I just preordered the deluxe edition (with Origin Access).

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Origin/EA Access demos are pretty simple.

You get nearly full access to the game for 10 hours.

If you choose to upgrade your demo to a full version all of your stats will transfer over.

In the case of BF1 the demo includes the first two chapters of Singleplayer, 5 maps from the MP, every weapon/gadget/etc in the game, and access to Conquest and Rush game modes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
According to the achivements the single player will have a WW1 info dump sort of codex. While that is neat, I hope nobody will be narrating the entries like they do some other games now.

Also, don't forget to grab them field manuals while trying not to die!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So the proper twin-barreled Villar-Perosa is going to be in the game as one of elite pickups.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Lots more footage dropping today, looks like they've made a lot of good changes. Trip mines are now a recon only gadget and support mortars are back to early bf4 levels :getin:. I really just want to see a video of all the primary weapons in action so I know what to unlock first.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, uh, you can play it right now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Lots more footage dropping today, looks like they've made a lot of good changes. Trip mines are now a recon only gadget and support mortars are back to early bf4 levels :getin:. I really just want to see a video of all the primary weapons in action so I know what to unlock first.

They gonna nerf the mortar to oblivion for sure, so hurry up and get them kills!

Operations sounds awesome. Like Rush but better. Yassss I am ready BRING IT OOOOOOOOOON.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

So, uh, you can play it right now.

Isn't that only if you're mental enough to have bought into EA Access though?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Livestream of SP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kosB66KxJLQ

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Isn't that only if you're mental enough to have bought into EA Access though?

So mental to drop $5 and then cancel when you're done. :popeye:

(probably keeping it cause there are cool and good games included in their library)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can safely say, by looking at the current livestream: holy hell, is this Singleplayer leaps and bounds better than 3 and 4.

Also the visuals are just stupid good. I love that the fog actually reduces visibility by quite a lot and isn't just for show.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Deakul posted:

So mental to drop $5 and then cancel when you're done. :popeye:

(probably keeping it cause there are cool and good games included in their library)

Yeah, I didn't care about the Origin Access stuff because loving :lol: at the same company who came up with DLC season passes trying to squeeze even more money out of us, but it actually seems like it's... a good deal? :psyduck:

It's five bucks a month and they recently announced that they'll be adding Battlefront to the program, which is actually pretty great if you didn't already have it. Might be worth hanging onto.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
EA Access/Origin Access yearly subscription cards regularly go on sale on Newegg, usually $30 for a year.

Just seems like a good thing to have if you're worried about "gettin hosed by DICE again".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And the Origin interface is looking kind of slick.

I'm scared, are they learning guys?!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I kind of hate Origin's new interface, especially the chat interface being incorporated into the main screen instead of being a floating separate box by default.

It's cluttered and overly fancy too with game footage playing on the main screen and such.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm sure eventially they'll discover we like chat windows and friends being seperate. At least they trying.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, I like the aesthetic, but the friends/chat windows not being separate really bothers me. Dammit, Origin.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, my Origin must be all hosed up or something.

It only seems to happen with Frostbite Engine games but every now and then the game just won't launch but my Origin status says I'm playing it and I can't start the game up again without repairing it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I was really hoping there would be more guns than what was datamined. Looks like there won't be. :saddowns:

gameplay looks dope though drat

edit: lmao holy poo poo, skip to 07:43 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwcLxW79hU

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 12, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm glad that the arsenal is a bit more focused this time around, I always thought that BF3 and BF4 had too many god damned guns and attachments to the point that it was a little overwhelming whenever you unlocked things.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

MadBimber posted:

edit: lmao holy poo poo, skip to 07:43 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwcLxW79hU

I need this

I NEED IT

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is... is that a super tiny pistol? :allears:

Also, was that a support with both the at rifle and anti tank nades?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Looks alright. About what I expected.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Deakul posted:

Man, my Origin must be all hosed up or something.

It only seems to happen with Frostbite Engine games but every now and then the game just won't launch but my Origin status says I'm playing it and I can't start the game up again without repairing it.

Your running in borderless windowed and win 10 I assume. If so you can fix this two easy ways. 1) fire up the game and click on the icon for the game as it flashes on the task bar for about 2 seconds. Or 2) if your video card has a game "optimization" section you can usually set it in there as well.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

404notfound posted:

Yeah, I didn't care about the Origin Access stuff because loving :lol: at the same company who came up with DLC season passes trying to squeeze even more money out of us, but it actually seems like it's... a good deal? :psyduck:

It's five bucks a month and they recently announced that they'll be adding Battlefront to the program, which is actually pretty great if you didn't already have it. Might be worth hanging onto.

Yeah, the Vault is a cool idea but I wish they had more stuff in it. Really, I think a "Netflix, but for games" service like Gametap would work well nowadays with better bandwidth and such. Still, got to play through Crysis 3 for free with it (and the Dead Space trilogy, which I need to bang out as well).

IceOrb posted:

EA Access/Origin Access yearly subscription cards regularly go on sale on Newegg, usually $30 for a year.

Just seems like a good thing to have if you're worried about "gettin hosed by DICE again".

Word? Good to know.

SeanBeansShako posted:

And the Origin interface is looking kind of slick.

I'm scared, are they learning guys?!

A couple of years ago when EA won the "Worst Company in America" award from the Consumerist for the second time in a row everyone at EA shat their pants (for some perspective, none of the other companies who won the award ever really reacted apart from a limp-wristed PR release). I honestly think that was a wake-up call for them, along with SimCity 2013's abject failure. The progress is slower than we'd like, but they're taking steps to improve, which is good.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 12, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

xyigx posted:

Your running in borderless windowed and win 10 I assume. If so you can fix this two easy ways. 1) fire up the game and click on the icon for the game as it flashes on the task bar for about 2 seconds. Or 2) if your video card has a game "optimization" section you can usually set it in there as well.

Oh yeah ea/origin access details. You get 10 hours if play time, time suspends while your not in the game. It is playable now with the first(3) missions of single player and 5 multiplayer maps. You get a dog tag just for opening the game with the ea/origin access pass. If you go through all 10 hours if your time it also gives a battle pack.

All stats are saved and will be there when you get the "full" game or once your early preorder kicks in.

Whoops quote is not edit.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Played with an i5 3570, msi 970, 8 gigs of ram, on 2560x1080 and it ran at around 55-65 fps on average with ultra/half resolution render. Game is pretty drat good looking and smooth. Running it on lower settings, I could get a semi - stable 115 - 130fps. Depends on how much poo poo is on the screen.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

https://giant.gfycat.com/KnobbySlushyElephant.webm
Here's a clip of super tiny pistol!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Tiny pistol is funny I guess

Big boat footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUNDUQSIj_M

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The most dainty but lethal way to kill a man.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

The most dainty but lethal way to kill a man.

I'm fuckin thrilled the Kolibri is in the game. I saw it in the files and had no idea what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsDpGJcpk8

This game was clearly a labor of love for the devs.

DeliciousPatriotism fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 12, 2016