Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

AJ is a cheating heel who has cheated to win the title and beat Dean & Cena and bragged about how noone cares about how he won, at the end of the day the records will show he's the champ. Dean cheating to have him lose to a jobber and put that on the record books forever is poetic justice

that plus AJ has beaten cena clean already, he already has proven he's the best. Why bother trying your hardest after that when you already know you could still win clean anyway, it's easier to cheat. the only stupid thing about No DQ is why everyone waits til the end to use a chair/weapon. For once Dean should have brought in his bag of weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dean screwing AJ in the match also gives AJ a reason to continue that feud, which he wouldn't really have otherwise as he's already beaten Dean thrice.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MinibarMatchman posted:

that plus AJ has beaten cena clean already, he already has proven he's the best. Why bother trying your hardest after that when you already know you could still win clean anyway, it's easier to cheat. the only stupid thing about No DQ is why everyone waits til the end to use a chair/weapon. For once Dean should have brought in his bag of weapons.

Using weapons in a match that isn't weapon-focused, even if they're allowed, isn't honorable. Exceptions can be made, like if you're fighting a blood enemy (Rollins at HITC) but unless your opponent uses a weapon first, using one yourself is a sign of weakness, doubly-so for a babyface. Thats why AJ using one to steal the victory in the Triple Threat is a heel move, it was a mark of cowardice because until that point he was competing evenly and resorting to a chair meant he he was so afraid of losing he was willing to tacitly admit he couldn't beat the other two men, in direct contrast to his explicit boasting that he COULD beat both men.

Using weapons outside a match or in an explicit weapons match is another kettle of fish of course, and Dean is the exact kind of face that can do that basically at will, being the anti-heroic street brawler.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ellsworth almost died on that match. I hope the BEST Champion, Aj Styles, squash him next week.

The face that runs the place VS the chin that gets the pin

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Using weapons in a match that isn't weapon-focused, even if they're allowed, isn't honorable. Exceptions can be made, like if you're fighting a blood enemy (Rollins at HITC) but unless your opponent uses a weapon first, using one yourself is a sign of weakness, doubly-so for a babyface. Thats why AJ using one to steal the victory in the Triple Threat is a heel move, it was a mark of cowardice because until that point he was competing evenly and resorting to a chair meant he he was so afraid of losing he was willing to tacitly admit he couldn't beat the other two men, in direct contrast to his explicit boasting that he COULD beat both men.

this kind of mentality is why I'd like to see Bray Wyatt go after AJ, since he's just a psycho swampman who doesn't loving care about the dishonor of using legions of goons or exploding tvs or ghosts to destroy others. Putting him in a No-DQ scenario only for Luke Harper to gently caress things up before AJ can do likewise would be nice.

Bray's in a good place and being the person to beat AJ Styles dirty is a great way to undo the years of horrendous booking he's received. Until Cena kills him that is

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MinibarMatchman posted:

Bray's in a good place and being the person to beat AJ Styles dirty is a great way to undo the years of horrendous booking he's received. Until Cena kills him that is

AJ's heel act is an interesting one, because it seems like he really is positioned as the best wrestler on the roster. He cheats, he takes shortcuts, and he aggrandizes everything he does very obnoxiously, but when push comes to shove and he plays all four metaphorical quarters, he consistently wins clean. He did it with Cena, winning initially by cheating and The Club, but when Cena refused to fold AJ's ego forced him to fight it out to the finish... and shockingly he won. I suspect that the same thing is going to happen with Dean: in the end, although every other time they fought he took a shortcut and cheated, AJ is going to beat him clean in their final confrontation.

If that is the case, losing the title to Bray, who's new direction is to win at all costs, would actually make a lot of sense despite the Heel vs Heel dynamic. He's a perfect foil for AJ, a guy who despite all his protestations of godhood simply isn't good enough to win on his own against elite competition, but can and will do anything to achieve victory regardless.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Sanguinia posted:

If that is the case, losing the title to Bray,

Haha. You're cute. That would mean Bray wins a match where something matters :allears:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

RUTHLESS

AGGRESSION!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Haha. You're cute. That would mean Bray wins a match where something matters :allears:

SD's only other main-event guys that can face AJ right now are Orton and Wyatt. When Cena takes a break and Ambrose gets whipped for the last time, someone has to step up. Why wouldn't you want to build up a good character who has potential for the future? Beating AJ Styles, even dirty, would do something for Bray that even the Cena feud never could: legitimize him. Having Luke, the Good Wyatt, back with him is even better.

Of course it's a huge longshot given the booking Wyatt has had since the beginning but the SD writers are Pretty Good and stranger things happen. poo poo, we're living in a year where Kevin Steen, AJ, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Prince Devitt have become legit Top Men in the WWE.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Have Bray lose to AJ and then have Harper beat AJ.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
why can't it be the Miz, IMO dude's wrestling has improved a hell of a lot lately and his mic skills are possibly the best in WWE right now

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Please do not have Bray touch AJ and drag everything down.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
2k17 is quickly becoming a day one pickup with these

it looks like they gave the wrestling revolution guy the lead QA role

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

a guy who despite all his protestations of godhood simply isn't good enough to win on his own against elite competition, but can and will do anything to achieve victory regardless.

Imo this is the one thing holding me back from being a Bray mark. I just don't get the psychology. Is he delusional and that's why he still thinks he is more powerful than anybody else in 'rasslin? I was always hoping they would build toward some kind of bs long game so I could believe that he honestly thought he lost because he didn't want to win.

I want Bray to be good. I also want that crab-walk thing to have some deeper meaning than "ooooh spooky".

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

MinibarMatchman posted:

SD's only other main-event guys that can face AJ right now are Orton and Wyatt. When Cena takes a break and Ambrose gets whipped for the last time, someone has to step up. Why wouldn't you want to build up a good character who has potential for the future? Beating AJ Styles, even dirty, would do something for Bray that even the Cena feud never could: legitimize him. Having Luke, the Good Wyatt, back with him is even better.

Of course it's a huge longshot given the booking Wyatt has had since the beginning but the SD writers are Pretty Good and stranger things happen. poo poo, we're living in a year where Kevin Steen, AJ, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Prince Devitt have become legit Top Men in the WWE.

The difference is, I believe all of those people can be champion. I don't believe Wyatt can ever do more than get a win on occasion and look foolish the rest. They'll send Orton after AJ until Cena comes back for his 16th title.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why does WWE's video game graphics look so lovely in 2016? It's like they never upgraded from the N64 engine.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Benne posted:

Why does WWE's video game graphics look so lovely in 2016? It's like they never upgraded from the N64 engine.

poo poo. I wish. I miss No Mercy's gameplay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Benne posted:

it still needs parity with ps3/360 because amazingly those loving systems still get these games.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Also there's no competition so why bother putting work into the game when the same people keep buying it year after year no matter what.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhSvU5jMGTU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

He's more can now than man

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think we can all agree that Lana and Rusev are the greatest power couple in wrestling today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZlQ2jpQtHU

They seriously need their own gaming channel.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really hate 2k sports and combining them with Yukes is like the recipe for god awful games, and they'll never get better because they sell too many copies to scrap and restart.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

5 star classic.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Soothing Vapors posted:

explains the body armor then, no one gets more death threats than Delta Airlines customer service employees

"Are you seriously not gonna help me?"

"NOOOOO-AAAAAAAHHHHH" *cocks phone in cubicle*

"BOOOOOOOO!!!"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

These loss edits are getting pretty elaborate.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stop it hes already dead

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is there any particular reason why that game looks like poo poo in the year 2016 beyond, "it'll sell, they don't care"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tweak posted:

is there any particular reason why that game looks like poo poo in the year 2016 beyond, "it'll sell, they don't care"

no

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I'm pretty sure the WWE games will always look like garbage, because they realize people aren't buying it to play as Cena or Orton. They're buying it for the robust character creation suite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skaw posted:

I'm pretty sure the WWE games will always look like garbage, because they realize people aren't buying it to play as Cena or Orton. They're buying it for the robust character creation suite.

Pretty much why I get the game

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well yeah but they made the character creation utter poo poo too in the recent ones

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That's a good representation of gently caress It It's Submission Time actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is the story creator still not back?

• Locked thread