Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami Callihan, Dipshit Boyfriend, is the character he was born to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Benne posted:

Sami Callihan, Dipshit Boyfriend, is the character he was born to play.

I really only watch LU and the occasional WWE ppv now, who is this Sami Callihan? When I saw him last week I just got a "Raven but not Raven" vibe off him.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
He's a former CZW/PWG guy who looks like he'd be better off on stage with NOFX than in a wrestling ring.

He's alright.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He also had a forgettable NXT run as Solomon Crowe. For whatever reason he just never clicked down there (either he couldn't adapt to the WWE style or they just didn't know how to use him) and was a sparingly used jobber before asking for his release earlier this year.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sami rules, but he's better in hardcore-type matches. Him vs Pentagon last weekend in Chicago brought the house down.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I really only watch LU and the occasional WWE ppv now, who is this Sami Callihan? When I saw him last week I just got a "Raven but not Raven" vibe off him.

He's the holder of the Motherf'n Big Belt, and the Bestest In The World. He's gotten way better since his pre-NXT days, I think!

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymtHj9rA9O0

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Weren't Sami and Dean Ambrose tag team partners in CZW? Talk about wildly diverging career arcs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

He also had a forgettable NXT run as Solomon Crowe. For whatever reason he just never clicked down there (either he couldn't adapt to the WWE style or they just didn't know how to use him) and was a sparingly used jobber before asking for his release earlier this year.

They had him go through like 3 or 4 different gimmicks before they finally decided he was going to be ALL OF THEM.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

They had him go through like 3 or 4 different gimmicks before they finally decided he was going to be ALL OF THEM.

Yeah, that did him no favors in trying to get over. Was he a hacker? An anarchist punk? A no-nonsense brawling heel? He never got a chance to establish himself because his character became this confusing mishmash of half-realized ideas. NXT is usually good at getting high-concept gimmicks over, so the Solomon Crowe failure makes me wonder if there was something else going on backstage.

At any rate, I'm excited for his LU run because it seems like they have a clear, defined character for him. He'll be a great midcard act if they just play to his strengths and let him do his thing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 12, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Yeah, that did him no favors in trying to get over. Was he a hacker? An anarchist punk? A no-nonsense brawling heel? He never got a chance to establish himself because his character became this confusing mishmash of half-realized ideas. NXT is usually good at getting high-concept gimmicks over, so the Solomon Crowe failure makes me wonder if there was something else going on backstage.

At any rate, I'm excited for his LU run because it seems like they have a clear, defined character for him. He'll be a great midcard act if they just play to his strengths and let him do his thing.

I didn't know much about him having really only seen his NXT run and when he was announced for LU I wasn't sure if he was going to fit in. Then I saw him in his first dark match and he came out just started kicking his opponent in the face real real hard, and I was like "this guy is allllllllright."

There was another dark match where he grabbed the mic and started making fun of a guy in the ring and then the guy started beating his rear end, and he kept the mic and was commentating on the rear end-kicking he was taking. Like the guy had him up for a powerbomb and Sami is going "Oh, this is bad, this is really going to hurt a lot, you don't want this to happen." It was pretty good stuff for a dark match comedy bit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LAST WEEK:
Ivelisse beat Mariposa and then got jumped afterward by Marty and Mariposa. Later on, Ivelisse's new boyfriend showed up and was a dirtbag.
Cage beat Texano again to go up 2-0 in their series.
Prince Puma almost beat MY BROTHER THE MONSTER MANTAZA CUETO for the title, but got massacred by Mil Muertes before he could get the pin.
Killshot got a mysterious burned and bloody letter by way of (not at all a detective) Joey Ryan, which said "YOU LEFT ME FOR DEAD"
Johnny Mundo tried to get a shot at the Gift of the Gods belt, but ended up getting one for Jack Evans instead, because Dario likes loving with him.
Something about a white rabbit?

THIS WEEK (from previews on Twitter and continuing storylines):
Will Son of Havoc get revenge on Famous B?
Will Chavo continue being a shithead to Rey Mysterio and Dragon Azteca?
Will Azteca get that shot at Pentagon Dark he fought for?
Will Cage sweep Texano for the Ultimate Opportunity?
Will we find out more about Killshot's stalker?
WIll Puma and Mil have it out?
Will Jack Evans definitely beat Sexy Star and win the Gift of the Gods and then cash in next week and totally dominate Matanza and go on to have such a long championship reign that the Lucha Underground Championship is renamed the Jack Evans Championship because he's that good?
Something about a white rabbit?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Does anyone have a good stream?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Writer Cath posted:

Does anyone have a good stream?

taima.tv/r/wooo usually shows it, but they can be spotty depending on the streamer, and their chat is a shithole. Also taima.tv/r/woooalt I think. I'm using fubo these days so I don't know any other private streams.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
POV of the average meeting with Chavo

edit: hahaha nice "KHAAAANNNNN" there by Rey

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chavo status: Still a dick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CHAVVVOOOOOOOOO :argh:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Ring ze Bell!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I can't stop laughing

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHA this entrance is AWESOME :rock:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh my god, his tiny custom sidecar

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think mascarita just brained himself on his sidecar

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, his tiny custom sidecar

Yo is the Fubo stream a little bit behind? Just now Mascarita just tagged in Son of Havoc

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I see Beautiful Brenda has been studying her Melina tapes with this screaming.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

eljackass posted:

Yo is the Fubo stream a little bit behind? Just now Mascarita just tagged in Son of Havoc

Yeah, it seems like they're 30-60 seconds behind.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Yeah, it's usually a little behind, I think it's like a repeater

Benne posted:

I see Beautiful Brenda has been studying her Melina tapes with this screaming.

I like how they never mic-ed her until her and B went heel

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That sucks, so we can't type a GDT in real time with some ppl. I still will, unless someone requests that I don't :)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Congrats to Famous B on a hard fought victory

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was so excited for Mascarita to get revenge... :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

That sucks, so we can't type a GDT in real time with some ppl. I still will, unless someone requests that I don't :)

It's fine with me, I don't refresh that often during the show and I may be the only one in here on fubo, I dunno

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Congrats to Famous B on a hard fought victory

Doing the pin with the stethoscope is pretty great

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Yeah that was a stupid finish. I wonder if Famous B will still make me famous? I should call him up

Edit:

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yah me too

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Look on the plus side, this means more motorbike/sidecar entrances.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
tick tock motherfuckers

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jack Evans is speaking again yes!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I don't care bout what all y'all think, I think Sexy Star is awesome :)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yessssss Puma/Mil II is on

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Cute magical girl staff, Sexy.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES awesome entrance and gear!!