Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
I always have subtitles on my TV. When she just caught Jack's boot to the face, it read "Oh. Ugh."

still laughing about that for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is actually a good Sexy match, she and Jack have good chemistry together.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES! Kendo stick to the cojones

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love Aerostar's trust fall so much

RIP Jack, he tried

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Goddamn I love the superfriends. Almost as much as I love faces getting away with giving the heels a taste of their own medicine.

Karma's a bitch and so is Sexy Star.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Chavo status: Still a dick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Dario is a man who loves his job

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dario's like :haw: "Oh hey, violence!"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Yeah, I think Pentagon is still over

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Offtopic: Has anyone seen Ash vs Evil Dead? If it's poo poo, would it ruin Army of Darkness for me?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

eljackass posted:

Offtopic: Has anyone seen Ash vs Evil Dead? If it's poo poo, would it ruin Army of Darkness for me?

It's amazing, just like Pentagon. Watch it right after this episode.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

I haven't seen it, but I've heard good things about it

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Right on, thank you! :rock:

E: like for example, I still haven't seen, and refuse to watch Blues Brothers 2000 coz that would be a total downer

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

eljackass posted:

Ash vs Evil Dead is pretty good. It actually kinda-sorta doesn't take AoD as canon?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They couldn't reference Army of Darkness at first because different people own the rights, but they clarified that though we haven't seen any references yet.

Anyway it's a really good show.

Also, oh, Melissa.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I hope Chavo plays the part of "complete and utter rear end in a top hat" during this match

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's a decent mix of Army of Darkness goofiness and Evil Dead 2 gore and horror. I like it a lot. I can't see it "ruining" anything for anyone.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

It's a decent mix of Army of Darkness goofiness and Evil Dead 2 gore and horror. I like it a lot. I can't see it "ruining" anything for anyone.

Thanks brother! Some ppl were dogging it out as a real turkey, but yunno you can't trust all of the ppl internet, can ya?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Drop-toehold is one of my fave moves in wrestling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
loving this history lesson by Vampiro

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

loving this history lesson by Vampiro

hahahaha yeah he's barely calling the match! :)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's a cool-rear end history, to be fair.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It would not surprise me if Vampiro had legit heat with the Guerrero family

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is that the first time Rey has eaten a pin outside of Aztec Warfare?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I think so

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Senior Referee Marty Elias tries to do the right thing :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress YOU CHAVO YOU SON OF A BITCH

GO TO HELL

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

gently caress YOU CHAVO YOU SON OF A BITCH

GO TO HELL

The Chavo Guerrero Story

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
That was one of the smoothest three-way matches I think I've seen yet. Everyone was exactly where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. Fun stuff.

Rey really sold that knee hit though, I actually felt super bad :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KatWithHands posted:

That was one of the smoothest three-way matches I think I've seen yet. Everyone was exactly where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. Fun stuff.

Rey really sold that knee hit though, I actually felt super bad :ohdear:

It was a great bit of psychology, knowing Rey's history of bad knees. Also a perfect way for Chavo to get legit heel heat with this smark-rear end crowd that cheers everybody.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Benne posted:

It was a great bit of psychology, knowing Rey's history of bad knees. Also a perfect way for Chavo to get legit heel heat with this smark-rear end crowd that cheers everybody.

I agree with what other people have said in the thread re: the crowd, them cheering for just about everyone works in universe since Dario built LU as a temple to violence and they're his believers. As long as the action is good of course they'll cheer regardless of whether it's a heel or a face.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I agree with what other people have said in the thread re: the crowd, them cheering for just about everyone works in universe since Dario built LU as a temple to violence and they're his believers. As long as the action is good of course they'll cheer regardless of whether it's a heel or a face.

Yeah, I don't mean to say that as a bad thing. Fans who cheer the rudos is a big thing in lucha libre, that's part of its charm. Hell, Pentagon is the most over dude because he's a badass rudo. Even Worldwide Underground gets cheered because they're so good at being rudos who are also great wrestlers.

But sometimes, you just need an unapologetic rear end in a top hat for the crowd to mercilessly poo poo on, and God bless Chavo for stepping up to the plate and soaking in those boos. He deserved them.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Fair enough, I didn't pick up on what you meant. At this point of his career I have a hell of a lot of respect for Chavo, he's involved in the backroom but he doesn't use that to try and get himself over. Instead he knows he lacks the charisma to be like Eddie and instead plays to his strengths by being a weasely scheming coward heel whose schemes eventually backfire on him to the satisfaction of the crowd.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

eljackass posted:

Drop-toehold is one of my fave moves in wrestling

You should go into the create a wrestler mode on Legends of Wrestling 2. Years ago, my friend and I watched the drop toe hold animation on repeat for about 15 minutes straight while making "Ack!", "Wuuurghhh!", "Aiieeee!", and other silly exclamations of pain.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lucha Underground is going to premiere in Japan tomorrow. Is that the news they've been teasing?

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/786623833528610816

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The original idea for Matanza was ... Hernandez? :psyduck:

Meltzer posted:

Van Wagenen also admitted that Jeff Cobb was not the original person to play Matanza Cueto. The original person was Hernandez, but things fell apart and he quit the promotion. Van Wagenen said that Christopher DeJoseph came up with the idea of Cobb playing the role and that Hernandez was then brought in to play himself. Timing wise, that doesn’t sound right, as Hernandez was being used as Hernandez before Cobb had even signed. And Hernandez quit the company before Cobb was chosen to be Matanza, and I’d always been told Hernandez was the original Matanza. Van Wagenen talked about doing a lot more character merchandise.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

They've been doing a great job of covering Sexy's weakness as a wrestler by pairing her with the superfriends and rudos who can make her look good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Lucha Underground is going to premiere in Japan tomorrow. Is that the news they've been teasing?

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/786623833528610816

I think the news that Vamp was teasing was just a side project that didn't come to fruition. They announced the Samurai TV stuff a little while ago, I don't think that's huge news but it's always great to see them getting additional distribution in other countries.

Benne posted:

The original idea for Matanza was ... Hernandez? :psyduck:

They ended up with a huge upgrade on that with Cobb! They also said awhile back that the original plan for Mil Muertes was going to be a masked Martin Caucas (now Marty the Moth), until they picked Ricky Banderas instead. It's interesting in that a lot of times they go at this from a reversed perspective then most wrestling promotions. It's more of a TV thing of "We want this character, who will we have play it" rather than "we have this wrestler, how do we gimmick him up?"

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 13, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

I will say that you're in for some seriously hammy poo poo from Mysterio this Wednesday.

What did I tell you?

After showing that clip, they asked Rey what he thinks of doing backstage segments like this.

"AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Benne posted:

I see Beautiful Brenda has been studying her Melina tapes with this screaming.

She was incredible during that match

:byodame: PUT BABY IN THE CORNER

• Locked thread