Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gonna buy canvas curse. I think between my wiiu and 3ds, I have practically every Kirby game (super star ultra is on the original ds cart, everything else is digital.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'd like to own all the Kirby games. I only own Triple Deluxe and Super Star.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kirby is a hardcore gangster. If you own all the games he comes to your house in your dreams and you eat ice cream together.

Return to dreamland, fam.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ineffiable posted:

Kirby is a hardcore gangster. If you own all the games he comes to your house in your dreams and you eat ice cream together.

Return to dreamland, fam.

Is this a threat? Should I lock up my ice cream?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I'd like to own all the Kirby games. I only own Triple Deluxe and Super Star.

you should really play planet robobot

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

absolutely anything posted:

you should really play every Kirby game

Fixed. They're seriously all good.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fixed. They're seriously all good.

Pinball Land exists

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

absolutely anything posted:

Pinball Land exists

Seconded. That's probably the only bad Kirby game. I mean, Pinball Land is cute and all, but it's way too easy to die and it's incredibly finicky.

I'd also make an argument for Avalanche, but it's more that I'm bad at it. It's also not REALLY a Kirby game, just like how Tetris Attack isn't a Yoshi game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only Kirby game ive played is uhh Dream Land 2 but I liked it a lot. I played it last year. Next time Im in the mood for a series marathon Ill do Kirby

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

The only Kirby game ive played is uhh Dream Land 2 but I liked it a lot. I played it last year. Next time Im in the mood for a series marathon Ill do Kirby

experiencing the entirety of kirby for the first time... thats some good drat gaming

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played Kirby either + I recommended my niece get Triple Deluxe for her birthday so I can secretly play it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

No Kirby game will take you more than five hours to beat and they're all pretty entertaining, I think you will enjoy yourself.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah pinball land is probably the worst Kirby game but it was decent for the time period.

Avalanche is just a puyo pop clone.

Tilt and tumble is another one that's hard to recommend but it'd be awesome if they reworked that for wiiu.

Everything else is Nintendo gold. Kirby might have the best hit to miss ratio of every video game franchise. Ever.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pinball Land is still good. It and Revenge of the Gator had amazing pinball physics for early 90s Game Boy games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pinball Land is underwhelming because it's not really a Kirby-fied pinball game, it's just a pinball game with a Kirby motif and the tables aren't that interesting.

Anyway, here's a trailer for Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories starring Not Kyle Hyde:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI_h4W7Y_pY

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

codenameFANGIO posted:

No Kirby game will take you more than five hours to beat and they're all pretty entertaining, I think you will enjoy yourself.

Super not true, Robobot took about 8 hours and I'm an Expert

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pinball Land is underwhelming because it's not really a Kirby-fied pinball game, it's just a pinball game with a Kirby motif and the tables aren't that interesting.

Anyway, here's a trailer for Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories starring Not Kyle Hyde:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI_h4W7Y_pY

It's a crying loving shame I've heard this game actually isn't very good.

gently caress, I'm gonna go replay Hotel Dusk, tis the season

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/786379589832601600

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 13):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    ? - €? / Ł?
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ? - €? / Ł?
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / Ł8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / Ł15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Chinese Mythology Mash-up Pack - €4.99 / Ł3.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Soul Axiom - €12.74 / Ł10.19 until October 15 if you own Soul Axiom Event Preview
    Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / Ł3.59 until October 27
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / Ł2.59 until October 27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Magical World 2 - €39.99 / Ł34.99 (October 14)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories - €4.79 / Ł4.80 with My Nintendo reward, standard price €5.99 / Ł6.00
    ASH - €3.99 / Ł3.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / Ł13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / Ł15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
3DS MENU THEMES (October 14)
    At the Park with Miffy - €0.99 / Ł0.89
    Miffy at the Circus - €0.99 / Ł0.89
    Miffy in autumn - €0.99 / Ł0.89
    Miffy trick or treat? - €0.99 / Ł0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance Touch (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / Ł4.70 until October 20
    Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / Ł3.59 until October 27
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / Ł3.09 until October 27
    Witch & Hero 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / Ł2.39 until -November 3
    Jett Rocket 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / Ł5.70 until November 3

NA update (week of October 13):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Skylanders Imaginators - $? (October 16)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Bit Dungeon+ - $6.00
    Mahjong - $4.99\
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $9.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Animal Crossing Wild World (DS) - $9.99
    Kirby Canvas Curse (DS) - $9.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - $5.20 until October 20
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - $? until ?
    Tumblestone (Wii U eShop) - $? until ?

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Magical World 2 - $39.99 (October 14)
    Pokemon Sun and Moon (demo, October 18)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Severed - ? until October 20, standard price $14.99 (cross-buy)
    Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure - $14.99 (includes free theme until October 31)
    Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~ - $5.99
    BlockForm - $4.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $14.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
3DS MENU THEMES
    Sonic bundle #3 - $?
  • Sonic series: Cute Style[/u] - $?
  • Sonic series: Shadow Style[/u] - $?
  • Sonic series: Silver Style[/u] - $?
    Gurumin Monster Bundle - $?
  • Gurumin Heroes Theme[/u] - $?
  • Gurumin Monster Pals Theme[/u] - $?
  • Gurumin Night Parade Theme[/u] - $?
  • Gurumin Orange Twist Theme[/u] - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter Generations (3DS) - 30% off or 35% off for owners of MH4 until October 18
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - $5.20 until October 20

Gurumin 3D is a port of an old PSP action-RPG by Falcom - it came out on Steam years ago and I have no idea why they decided to resurrect it now but it's pretty decent, from what I recall.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Uggghhhh, we better hear something about the NX soon if this is the level of support the Wii U and 3DS are getting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gurumin is a fun little game but you can tell it was Falcom's first fully 3D title, though hopefully this new version might have fixed some of the control issues. Also the Steam version has an iffy localisation that I'm hoping is better this time around too.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 13, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3DS is doing fine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

3DS is doing fine.
DQ7 will keep me going until the NX comes out.

Plus 8 will be out soon, and I just got 5 and 6 in the past few weeks. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have so many games that even if they stopped releasing new video games completely tomorrow, I'd have enough stuff to keep playing for 3-5 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also a new freaking Pokemon game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ever Oasis will be rad, it'll be nice to get a new "Mana" game after all this time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have so many games that even if they stopped releasing new video games completely tomorrow, I'd have enough stuff to keep playing for 3-5 years.

This, but the rest of my life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lady: So, can you reveal the NX soon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

elf help book posted:

This, but the rest of my life.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'm happy with the 3DS support but the Wii u has been dire this year since like TMS is the only really great new game we've gotten for it.

Thankfully I've got a lot of Wii games that I haven't played before to keep me busy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Paper Mario Color Splash just came out, it's great.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Haven't played it and it doesn't look like I'd enjoy it so I can't comment.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SylvainMustach posted:

I'm happy with the 3DS support but the Wii u has been dire this year since like TMS is the only really great new game we've gotten for it.

Pokkén came out this year and is the best game on the system

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

less laughter posted:

Pokkén came out this year and is the best game on the system

I completely forgot about that. Haven't got it yet but I will eventually. And while I dont doubt that it's great it seems really weird that it has such a tiny roster.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Oh man, Disney Magical World 2 is finally coming out, I'm hype

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SylvainMustach posted:

I completely forgot about that. Haven't got it yet but I will eventually. And while I dont doubt that it's great it seems really weird that it has such a tiny roster.

From the perspective of a Pokemon game it doesn't, but from the perspective of a brand new fighting game, it makes sense. Also, they are slowly releasing more characters in the arcade version and not all of those have made their way to the console version. Typically, a fighting game finishes it's updates with the arcade version and then comes to console, but in this case it came to console while the arcade version was still getting it's own updates.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SylvainMustach posted:

All the characters are immensely diverse and have multiple playstyles that all come into play during a match, so each character is more like 3 or 4 in one. Each also takes a long time to get familiar with and master, so you can get a lot of mileage out of the game if you really get into it.

Chandelure alone is a strong contender for most awesome fighting game character of all time. And others like Suicune, Garchomp and Mega Gengar are equally cool to play and have really eyepopping animations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Sea Sponge Run posted:

It's a crying loving shame I've heard this game actually isn't very good.

gently caress, I'm gonna go replay Hotel Dusk, tis the season

I just bought and finished it. It's not terrible. There isn't much of a game in there. You have to click some things, and answer a little multiple choice test from time to time. The animations are also really limited. It's nothing like Hotel Dusk's constantly moving characters. The story and characters are charming enough, though. Then again, this is not a full game. It took me about an hour to finish it, and they end on a cliffhanger.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I tried playing Pokken once and it just felt clunky and bad

I couldn't wrap my head around the controls or shifts in camera angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

How is Bit Dungeon+ on the Wii U? Never heard of it until the Nintendo Life review, but people say it was a buggy/unplayable mess on Steam.

Thoughts? Been craving a dungeon crawler RPG for the Wii U.