Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chili posted:

You rang?

This is the first time I've ever been able to document Butters on level 2. It's unfortunate that it took this long because back when he had more butter he covered the whole thing and it looked like he was hovering.

See you all on level 3 soon enough!

Looking at the stare I can understand why he got overfed. Butters just doesn't look happy when he does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

katka posted:

I'd say its more like every 3 or 4 now. She has started to sleep longer before she wakes up screaming we feed her.

Also kitten Butterscotch is freaking adorable!

How's your little one coming along?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

smilingfish posted:

So this is Charlie, a low-fat Butterscotch.

Hi Charlie! You are a fine cat indeed.

Butters is getting downright svelte these days. Congrats to him for leveling up!

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Chili posted:

You rang?

This is the first time I've ever been able to document Butters on level 2. It's unfortunate that it took this long because back when he had more butter he covered the whole thing and it looked like he was hovering.

See you all on level 3 soon enough!

King Butters!!!

:shobon:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
People were on the hunt for cat trees a bit ago and asked where I got mine. Just saw that these were up for a deal , and this brand has Butterscotch's seal of approval.

http://slickdeals.net/f/9171775-armarkat-cat-tree-61-62-69-66-amazon-fs

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
One day you'll make it higher, Butters... one day.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

He's still looking pretty Hoverscotch there, I have to say.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

He's just so buttery :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Day 1 of leash training Tibi, complete failure, will continue making attempts.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Alteisen posted:

Day 1 of leash training Tibi, complete failure, will continue making attempts.

I've heard that training goes better if you film it and show the internet.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

So a while back I made a post about a long haired black cat (I called it "Boogaloo") that I saw in my neighborhood and was concerned about. I saw it again today and it was wearing a flea collar this time, so I think it has a home! Still think it's stupid to have an outdoor cat where I live, but I'm just happy it seems cared for. Still checked out the local 'lost cat' notices of course and couldn't find it on there, so I'm reserving judgement (and nabbing it and taking it to the shelter) until I see it again once it gets cold.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Radio! posted:

I've heard that training goes better if you film it and show the internet.

:same:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Meowchach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: kibble in metal bowl this morning, scabs in a bowl of salvage. This house is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The halls are extended gutters and the gutters are full of poor quality cat chow and when the drains finally fill up, all the vermin will eat too much poor quality cat chow. The accumulated filth of all their gluttony and laziness will fill up about their waists and all the dogs and cats and people will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "meow."

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

and you didn't even get hit all that hard by matthew

imagine what could have been

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm not entirely sure how to feel right now.

2 days ago my brother's cat went missing, thankfully she showed up again, this reminded me a lot of the animals I've had that went missing and never back, something possessed me to try again so I went door to door with a picture of her asking people and wouldn't you know it I found a group of people that knew who she was, rather far from my house to, turns out she found her way there and the family kept her, she lived a nice life with them and passed a year ago.

So I don't know how to react, I wanted to closure but this isn't the closure I wanted, should I be glad I know? Should I be sad at a time like this? They even showed me pictures and where she was buried, they clearly came to love her very much but she's still my cat ya know.

So I just don't know, never been faced with a situation like this.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Alteisen posted:

So I'm not entirely sure how to feel right now.

2 days ago my brother's cat went missing, thankfully she showed up again, this reminded me a lot of the animals I've had that went missing and never back, something possessed me to try again so I went door to door with a picture of her asking people and wouldn't you know it I found a group of people that knew who she was, rather far from my house to, turns out she found her way there and the family kept her, she lived a nice life with them and passed a year ago.

So I don't know how to react, I wanted to closure but this isn't the closure I wanted, should I be glad I know? Should I be sad at a time like this? They even showed me pictures and where she was buried, they clearly came to love her very much but she's still my cat ya know.

So I just don't know, never been faced with a situation like this.

I think it's pretty reasonable to be sad. It sounds like things ended better for her than they could have (being taken in by a family and living a decent life), but she's still a cat you lost, so I think it's okay to mourn her, especially knowing for sure that she's passed. Just feel whatever you feel about it; it's okay.

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

There are 5 stages to loss and you'll probably go through at least a few of them over again, now that you know the full story of what happened to your cat.
There's no right or wrong way to go through the stages. In the end, it won't change what happened, but it doesn't mean what your going through isn't real and doesn't matter. Good luck Alteisen.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butterscotch did something new today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRI4uSBb8A

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Mush that cat :kimchi:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Chili posted:

He thinks he's a pigeon! :3: :birddrugs: :3:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Bathtime and the Infinite Sadness still showing up as recommended. That thumbnail is perfection, good work.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chili posted:

That's what happens when you massage your butter!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

special agent dog is getting his second set of boosters today but he doesnt know it yet.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 14, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Image not working! :(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

my cat is norris posted:

Image not working! :(

oops here is another one as a SORRY

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
special agent update:

Doc thinks the little guy looks awesome and way better than when he initially examined him. he is pronounced fit and healthy (and really really loud in the crate holy poo poo youd think the cat was being dragged to its death) and is scheduled for his weinerwacking in about 3 weeks.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Bud K ninja sword posted:

...is scheduled for his weinerwacking in about 3 weeks.

:stonk:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

my apologies i should have trigger warning-ed that for you. :haw:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bud K ninja sword posted:

oops here is another one as a SORRY

Yo that's a good cat.

Here's my former farm cat who sometimes thinks he's a people.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
High quality cats and updates on this page!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Chili's Foster Town has re-opened!

I called up today and the SPCA was lousy with cats, so we were able to pick up a new batch. As we're going to Disneyworld toward the end of the year, and our current litter is two sisters, we'd like to proudly introduce our new heartmelters:

These two are flat out terrified of people/hands/any movement at all, so we've got our work cut out for us. Fortunately, I just got out of my crappy job and I have plenty of time to dump on them. I'll be hanging out in the foster room for the better part of my day forcing them to be lovebugs while I write stories.

It's good to be chili.

We'll keep you all update on their progress and if I can figure out a moderately priced way to get some kind of stream (don't have the equipment yet) I'll share the link.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Holy cow, I am jealous. So much cute stuffed into tiny little kittens. I am sure you'll have two happily purring lap buddies in no time.

You're the best! :hfive:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

Chili's Foster Town has re-opened!

I called up today and the SPCA was lousy with cats, so we were able to pick up a new batch. As we're going to Disneyworld toward the end of the year, and our current litter is two sisters, we'd like to proudly introduce our new heartmelters:

These two are flat out terrified of people/hands/any movement at all, so we've got our work cut out for us. Fortunately, I just got out of my crappy job and I have plenty of time to dump on them. I'll be hanging out in the foster room for the better part of my day forcing them to be lovebugs while I write stories.

It's good to be chili.

We'll keep you all update on their progress and if I can figure out a moderately priced way to get some kind of stream (don't have the equipment yet) I'll share the link.

:3:

hit me up when you are in town, I'll see if i can summon some animals for you when you are here :haw:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
OK, I've got things to post!

Let's start with the new fosters.

Elsa and Anna are already coming out of their shells, look how much they hate me!

Yesssss, feed me all of your scorn little kitties, it will only make your imminent transformation into cuddle monsters all the more satisfying.

Anna is the one flashing the mad shade, she's something else. Anyway, this is 100% a step in the right direction from hiding as soon as I walk in. They already don't do that anymore, and as I'm typing this they are engaged in a pretty epic battle.

I managed to document some of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpRAVgcC98

And then there's Butters. He's becoming more and more of a glorious oaf with each passing day. I just quit my full time job and am around the house a lot more. Where I go, Butters goes. If he can't go where I go, he waits by the door and meows relentlessly. He's a big fat blob of velcro. It is awesome most of the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9hlcj1Xawo (sorry for the loud scraping noise, I was sliding the phone along the floor because I was in an odd position)

Also, I may need to start a Surfin' Butters album, because I walked into my bedroom and found him like this:

So all is well here, I'll keep updates on the little warriors coming. They're doing great for now!

Chili fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 19, 2016

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Oh Butters you goon.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's nice to see the girls relaxing enough for play time. :kimchi:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

Elsa and Anna are already coming out of their shells, look how much they hate me!

Oh goodness, Elsa looks like what I imagine Kiska did as a kitten :kimchi:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

And Anna gives herself a quick groom while mashing her sister into the carpet. Kittens. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ferryll posted:

There are 5 stages to loss and you'll probably go through at least a few of them over again, now that you know the full story of what happened to your cat.
There's no right or wrong way to go through the stages. In the end, it won't change what happened, but it doesn't mean what your going through isn't real and doesn't matter. Good luck Alteisen.

Man I read this post a few days ago but I had no idea her death would bother me as much as it is, its really messing me up. :smith: