Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Green Lantern is way too much CGI. Supergirl already covers aliens anyway. Flash is super-science, Legends of Tmorrow is time travel, Arrow is punching and kicking. They need something different. They should do something from the odd side of DC. I'd have said Constatine too, if not for the fact that his show already failed.

The correct answer for the fifth CW DC show is, of course, The Invisibles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Green Lantern is way too much CGI. Supergirl already covers aliens anyway. Flash is super-science, Legends of Tmorrow is time travel, Arrow is punching and kicking. They need something different. They should do something from the odd side of DC. I'd have said Constatine too, if not for the fact that his show already failed.

The Question. Just have a straight detective show .

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aquaman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

Somewhere, Tom Welling is crying in a corner

GOOD.

I loved this episode! Tiny Clark was awesome! The best Superman! I would be very curious to see how many phone books they had scattered around the set for him to stand on though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Lord Bude posted:

Constantine is fun, but they seem reluctant to let the CW shows use him.

Id honestly be completely satisfied with a CW constantine reboot. The show was bad, but constantine himself was great.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was going to suggest Doom Patrol or Metamorpho.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

We just need one more DC-CW show so that we can have a full weeks run, and a weeklong crossover. We've got a nicely fleshed out potential Justice league already. Who to base it around though? Batman is too much of an overlap with Green Arrow, the hawk people are too bland and miscast to be useful as anything other than side characters in an ensemble (and barely at that). Ray and firestorm are both fun characters, but they're already on legends and I don't think either of them could carry a show. Constantine is fun, but they seem reluctant to let the CW shows use him.

Maybe Wonder Woman, or green lantern? They've been dropping hints about the latter on flash.
Gina Torres as Wonder Woman.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Slamhound posted:

I didn't realize until this moment just how much I need to see the meltdown that would follow.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Slamhound posted:

:perfect:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Hollismason posted:

Buildings how do they work? Do we know? CW writers seem to not know how structures work

Right? Everyone knows eye lasers can't melt steel beams.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

CaptainCaveman posted:

I don't think he was from this Earth, remember Supergirl had never heard of The Flash.

Yep. I don't think anything's been confirmed though. I suppose it's possible that they might retcon Jay's Earth-3 and Supergirl's world to be the same place and just ignore what she said but I'd hope not. Fingers crossed it's confirmed as Earth-4.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread yet:

(major spoilers about the future direction of a certain character James Olsen )

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/10/supergirls-james-olsen-will-become-another-one-of-dcs-superheroes/

Link is in spoiler tags due to the title of the article being a spoiler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mortanis posted:

I appreciate this.

Rumor was that Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord) had some episodes in S2 but I don't think there's been anything serious beyond that.

His role kind of ended last season anyway, and he just became a lab tech.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread yet:

(major spoilers about the future direction of a certain character James Olsen )

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/10/supergirls-james-olsen-will-become-another-one-of-dcs-superheroes/

Link is in spoiler tags due to the title of the article being a spoiler.

quote:

he’ll be keeping his vigilante identity secret from Kara

go gently caress yourself, CW

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Ryan has said he's always happy to come back and do Constantine stuff but he has a pretty full schedule already.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've already said that they're going to keep Supergirl out of the mainstream DCTV Earth. So I'm guessing Earth-4

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guy Goodbody posted:

Shade, Question, Creeper, Captain Atom. We need Ditko insanity! More purple suits! More!

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The Question would be a-ma-zing. Plus he wouldn't really overlap with existing heroes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Also, since I've never watched. I'm thinking it's so, but Cat doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, correct? Cat is the best part of this show.

^ Also, that'd be pretty cool. But no one trusts Ollie, ever.

Originally, she was fooled by J'onn's imitation, but she's hinted a few times that she knows, even before J'onn's reveal to the public.

Cat's probably the brightest person on the show, even if she didn't think something was up before then she'd figure it out after reports that Martian Manhunter had stolen someone's identity via shapeshifting.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I don't think he was from this Earth, remember Supergirl had never heard of The Flash.

Jesus Christ, we're up to Earth Four now? :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ehn, it's not unheard of. There were several moments in the Superman comics where even dorky redhead Jimmy Olsen got super powers, i.e. as Elastic Lad.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to must never reveal my secret drama, or at least only lasts an episode or two.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Originally, she was fooled by J'onn's imitation, but she's hinted a few times that she knows, even before J'onn's reveal to the public.

Cat's probably the brightest person on the show, even if she didn't think something was up before then she'd figure it out after reports that Martian Manhunter had stolen someone's identity via shapeshifting.

Yeah I'm definitely of the opinion that Kay completely knows and she's just playing he fuse for Kara's benefit.

There have been too many of her inspirational speeches where she'll model Supergirl as an ideal to Kara and just some of the looks and hesitation and emphasis in her dialogue is pretty telling.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Hopefully it doesn't lead to must never reveal my secret drama, or at least only lasts an episode or two.

It will.
It's CW, so it will.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, I'm ready for my Friday timeslot Tiny Superman series.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's... it's CBS

But the CW can go gently caress itself, that much is true

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azhais posted:

It's... it's CBS

But the CW can go gently caress itself, that much is true

Nope, they moved channels.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hahaha, yeah. All of you guys who liked it while it was on CBS...WELCOME TO CW. Their main demographic is the 13 year old fan of Twilight who thinks in their heart of hearts a real relationship involves tears and emotional manipulation and lying. True love is pain, and your partner is a delicate snowflake who must be gaslit in order to maintain a secret.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait until Supergirl is pushed out of her own show as it focuses more and more on Superman.

Snark aside, this was really good. Glad they did the Superman that enjoys life and is happy to help. Also completely forgot how adorable Benoist is in this role.

From day 1 I figured if they wanted to add another major super hero it would be Green Lantern. For TV, I'd guess Kyle would be the choice i'd make.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd be surprised if they haven't at least looked into Zatanna or Raven by now, magic's the only major base uncovered and until they snagged Supergirl they didn't have a female-led cape series.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Zatanna would be absolutely perfect. God.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They had Blood on Arrow. Trigon and Raven would be awesome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doktor Per posted:

Zatanna would be absolutely perfect. God.

I pity the actress that would have to learn backwards-speak, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus Christ, we're up to Earth Four now? :psyduck:

Earth 1 is the regular CW-verse. Earth 2 is where Zoom and the current Harrison Wells call home. Earth 3 is where actual Jay Garrick was from. Supergirl universe would be 4. Although you could switch 3 and 4 around since Barry visited Supergirl before they found out about real Jay.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Which earth did they send Grodd to?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

Earth 2, Harry is the one that told them about the gorilla city.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

spooky like this! posted:

Earth 1 is the regular CW-verse. Earth 2 is where Zoom and the current Harrison Wells call home. Earth 3 is where actual Jay Garrick was from. Supergirl universe would be 4. Although you could switch 3 and 4 around since Barry visited Supergirl before they found out about real Jay.

Except Barry never told anyone about his trip to Supergirl-dimension, so everyone else is gonna consider 'Earth 3' to be the one Jay Garrick is from.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Azhais posted:

I think every portal last season went to Earth 2? The 52 was just a reference.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Arrow is where all of the magic stuff is being parked right now what with Dahrk last season and Ragman this season.

A Fate series based off of the comics would be nice, but at this point there might be a bit of saturation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

A Fate series based off of the comics would be nice, but at this point there might be a bit of saturation.

I dunno

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I dunno

I forgot Dr Fate in the 90s was suffering from Leifelditus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
looking forward to Superman dying in tonight's episode and never appearing on this show again because that was the only way the film side would allow TV to use him