Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

no, it's a male co-host and he physically takes the bottle put of her hand. I wish I had more to go on, I think it was from the big food network christmas special from 2011 or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

What in the Jesus GODDAMNED Christ, is wrong with this GUY'S voice, that he thinks that TALKING like that, is going to be an EFFECTIVE delivery, of what is BASICALLY a, pretty GOOD recipe?

As a Guy Who Was on a Failed Reality Show, they want you to talk like that. Choppy little sentences and raise your voice a bit at the end of each one. Watch Fast and Loud, Richard Rawlings is the best (worst) example of it.

For cooking shows, Two Fat Ladies is my all-time favorite. Just two British ladies cooking recipes that probably used most of the lard and salt imports to the British Isles. No jump cuts, no flashy editing, no wacky challenges or hijinks.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Loved those ladies. Physically. Loved. Them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Real Happy Camper posted:

Yo, anyone got that clip of sandra lee making punch during some food network holiday thing where the co-host literally has to take a bottle away from her so she doesn't pour it all into the bowl? My girlfriend does not believe this exists and i have done every possible search on youtube and half the results are pimple popping videos.

any picture of her would do for the thread title

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

PhotoKirk posted:

As a Guy Who Was on a Failed Reality Show, they want you to talk like that. Choppy little sentences and raise your voice a bit at the end of each one. Watch Fast and Loud, Richard Rawlings is the best (worst) example of it.

For cooking shows, Two Fat Ladies is my all-time favorite. Just two British ladies cooking recipes that probably used most of the lard and salt imports to the British Isles. No jump cuts, no flashy editing, no wacky challenges or hijinks.

Oh how I miss them. They were awesome.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
My chef is going to be on Cutthroat Kitchen in a few minutes. He's Chef Paul Friedman from Peli Peli here in Houston. I've been working with him for a little over 3 years now and I love him to death but there's a high probability he does something stupid or acts like an idiot on the show. Enjoy!

Edit: I spoke too soon, he's already acting like an idiot

Daric fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 6, 2016

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Which Peli Peli? I'm in Houston for work very often, and eat a lot at the Vintage Park one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jose posted:

any picture of her would do for the thread title

or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMNZ6xY6YY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8D4t7ojgfM

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Theophany posted:

If I want to watch a proper food show, it has to be anything by Keith Floyd. He is literally the reason I started taking cooking seriously and stopped buying any ready made meals.

Props to you (and anyone in this millenium) big-upping Floyd. I made a killer mushroom and spinach-stuffed chicken breast dish of his in the 90's, impressed everyone in the share house. Seems so simple now, I think I'll make it tomorrow night – thanks Keith!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Speaking of 90's tv cooks that inspired us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6CbFKGPOA

Pasquale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWsuZzZo9KY

Martin Yan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63PbA58K0g

Emeril before he got famous. The original "Essence of Emeril" show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4umRMJlrs

And, of course, Justin Wilson.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
God I grew up watching Justin Wilson! There was one episode where he went to LA and went way back in the bijou to cook up a pot of crawfish, and I remember him smacking at the crawfish trying to escape going "Git back in dat pot riaght cher!" I cannot find anything on the internet about it and I'm beginning to doubt that it ever happened.

I also loved watching The Frugal Gourmet

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah he was ok till it turned out to be a pedo

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah he was ok till it turned out to be a pedo

ifin you don't like em little ol ladies there your head be screw'd on somethin backward naw, I gawr-on-tee!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I also loved watching The Frugal Gourmet

The Frugal Gourmet taught me how to cook an omelet when I was a kid, and his was the first cookbook I ever had. Still have it on my shelf.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
GBBO ENDED TONIGHT.

OMG second-best showstopper ever.

The winner: I feel like it really was a tight race between the three of them, and I would have been happy to see any of them win. I was sad that the one person had a really bad signature and showstopper, because that person was absolutely smashing and if they had had a good day instead I think the results would have been quite different.

All in all, very sad to see it ending, but I hope that they come up with something even more awesome!

one sexy loser
Dec 10, 2007

Can we not spoil gbbo? I was happy with the winner, good sign off for the last BBC season. Mary Berry says she will make another show with Mel and Sue, good riddance to Paul and his loving handshakes.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
God yeah I hope something even better comes of the gbbo split. I will miss the gently caress outta that show!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

one sexy loser posted:

Can we not spoil gbbo? I was happy with the winner, good sign off for the last BBC season. Mary Berry says she will make another show with Mel and Sue, good riddance to Paul and his loving handshakes.

Please do not or at least use spoiler tags. It doesn't come out in the US until January.

dead lettuce
Sep 12, 2014

My sister just spoiled GBBO for me and I'm only on episode 3 :cry:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Alton Brown's internet cooking show will be a 'Good Eats' sequel

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:swoon::swoon:

Also the original Japanese Iron Chef episodes are a ton of fun to watch just for the ceremony and the ridiculous drama Morimoto evokes from traditionalist chefs.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

:swoon::swoon:

Also the original Japanese Iron Chef episodes are a ton of fun to watch just for the ceremony and the ridiculous drama Morimoto evokes from traditionalist chefs.

Chen Kenichi in Battle Yogurt is still my favorite episode of that series.

That 'gently caress me' expression when the theme ingredient was revealed still makes me chuckle to this day.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yayyyy!!!!

And yeah, no spoiling gbbo here. Idk if all episodes are still up on the BBC website but you can use the beebz chrome extension to access the BBC iplayer

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Yayyyy!!!!

And yeah, no spoiling gbbo here. Idk if all episodes are still up on the BBC website but you can use the beebz chrome extension to access the BBC iplayer

I don't think they're there, i couldn't find them. Super bummed out, I watched an earlier season in like 2 days, it's one of my favorite shows of all time.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I remember when I was a kid I used to watch the urban peasant all the time. probably because CBC would air it right before the simpsons on weekdays.
it's not the greatest cooking show, but the theme song is ridiculously catchy.

https://youtu.be/y_dh5cTLAh0

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't like masterchef, it's such a mean show. Every contestant is constantly being guilt-tripped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOq9Kqo4VU

It's just fried chicken, jesus christ. It doesn't even look that bad. Also the masterchef title is worthless.

I just want a comfy cooking show where everyone is nice and likes to cook.

I really liked Chinese food made easy, the host was very nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS8kjH2tRas

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ALSO Chef John is a very good man!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Is it cool if I just watch Jacques Pepin vids on YouTube?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Democratic Pirate posted:

There's a twitch channel which regularly plays jacques and also jacques + julia.

It also shows this lovely early 90s show with random hotel chefs making lovely food. And a vegan cooking show. But the jacques/julia stuff is awesome.

https://www.twitch.tv/food

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Tired Moritz posted:

It's just fried chicken, jesus christ. It doesn't even look that bad. Also the masterchef title is worthless.
It's all about the coveted Masterchef trophy

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

anakha posted:

Chen Kenichi in Battle Yogurt is still my favorite episode of that series.

That 'gently caress me' expression when the theme ingredient was revealed still makes me chuckle to this day.

Oh my god I haven't seen this and need to go look it up. I love when they just throw out a ridiculous ingredient, or even better -- when it gets turned into ice cream.

Edit: Found it.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 5, 2016

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like masterchef, it's such a mean show. Every contestant is constantly being guilt-tripped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOq9Kqo4VU

The only Masterchef worth watching is Masterchef AU. It's such a departure from normal reality shows that even I can watch it, and I can't stand reality shows in the slightest. It's on 5 nights a week, 1-2 hours each night, for something like 12 weeks straight. There's virtually no drama, the contestants are pretty drat good, and the hosts/judges aren't too annoying. It's so good I've even watched it on regular OTA TV, commercials and all, because I can't wait an hour or so for the legit online stream or non-legit filez to show up.

Psychobabble
Jan 17, 2006
MasterChef AU is great, got hooked on it one year while traveling. So much better than the American version.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008

JBark posted:

The only Masterchef worth watching is Masterchef AU. It's such a departure from normal reality shows that even I can watch it, and I can't stand reality shows in the slightest. It's on 5 nights a week, 1-2 hours each night, for something like 12 weeks straight. There's virtually no drama, the contestants are pretty drat good, and the hosts/judges aren't too annoying. It's so good I've even watched it on regular OTA TV, commercials and all, because I can't wait an hour or so for the legit online stream or non-legit filez to show up.

I recently watched Masterchef season 4, and it felt like it wasn't focused on cooking as much as it was on drama. I also didn't really feel like as a viewer I could really judge how good the cooks were.

I'm now watching Masterchef Season 2 Australia and this is a great show. It gives me the same warm feeling that Parks and Rec's did, because the show is very positive and encouraging. The contests are concerned about their peers and generally are nice people. The challenges focus on cooking and testing technical skills like cleaning fish, separating egg whites, and cutting things evenly. The cooks also get a recipe so they know how to prepare the dish. So the drama, isn't so focused on "Chef has no idea how to make noodles and is using the wrong ingredients." I highly recommend it

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

f1av0r posted:

I recently watched Masterchef season 4, and it felt like it wasn't focused on cooking as much as it was on drama. I also didn't really feel like as a viewer I could really judge how good the cooks were.

I'm now watching Masterchef Season 2 Australia and this is a great show. It gives me the same warm feeling that Parks and Rec's did, because the show is very positive and encouraging. The contests are concerned about their peers and generally are nice people. The challenges focus on cooking and testing technical skills like cleaning fish, separating egg whites, and cutting things evenly. The cooks also get a recipe so they know how to prepare the dish. So the drama, isn't so focused on "Chef has no idea how to make noodles and is using the wrong ingredients." I highly recommend it

This sounds really awesome, like GBBO. Is there a legit place to stream this? Checked Hulu, netflix, and amazon.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Democratic Pirate posted:

Ranter posted:

There's a twitch channel which regularly plays jacques and also jacques + julia.

It also shows this lovely early 90s show with random hotel chefs making lovely food. And a vegan cooking show. But the jacques/julia stuff is awesome.

https://www.twitch.tv/food

My absolute favorite bistro-style place has precisely one TV in the joint, which quietly plays Julia and/or Jacques DVDs behind their beautiful, well stocked bar. I used to love going by myself to eat moules-frites at the bar while watching Julia de-bone a chicken in black and white. So relaxing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
My library was doing a flash sale of old DVDs and I think I got every episode of Good Eats for like fifteen bucks. :beerpal:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I don't watch a lot of cooking reality tv but I enjoyed Masterchef US season 3 to watch the blind chick kick rear end.

Online though, Chef John taught me how to cook and I will forever love him for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Daric posted:

My chef is going to be on Cutthroat Kitchen in a few minutes. He's Chef Paul Friedman from Peli Peli here in Houston. I've been working with him for a little over 3 years now and I love him to death but there's a high probability he does something stupid or acts like an idiot on the show. Enjoy!

Edit: I spoke too soon, he's already acting like an idiot

How'd he do?