Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Less poo poo? The first season at least had the vampire outbreak going for it, and the various subplots of the airplane survivors.

Now it's just a slow, meandering mess that seems to take place outside the conventional space time reality. I mainly watch it to bitch about it at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

At least they remained consistent with young Trek's beard from how it was depicted initially. It's still a spirit gum bad-play comedy beard and it's wonderful.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Millions of Crows posted:

Lack of Zack makes the show less whack.

ZACK?

WHACK

HIS BASEMENT CELL?

WHACK

HIS SANDWICHES?

WHACK

HIS MOM?

WHACK

ME??

*brains a strigoi with a chunk of rebar*

I'M TIGHT AS gently caress

Basically what I'm getting at here is if the show was just 50/50 Fet and Professor w/ Quinlan Understudy it'd be amazing.

Also Dutch is pretty cool I guess.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Zach is gonna gently caress that thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

B.H. Facials posted:

Oh absolutely.

Why the gently caress is he even still alive?

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
This was an amazing episode. Every week is absolutely cinema quality. I think it captures the character of the Apocalypse much better than Walking Dead. Can't wait for next week!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

B.H. Facials posted:

But wouldn't he have to sodomize it's ammoniatic discharge orifice seeing how genitals have been turned into what the angels have?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Instead of a puppy, we decided to buy you a flesh doll formed out of the crushed and cancerous body of a dead child by a people-eating demon"
"Cool"

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
It will do anything you say...
Zach sure has been in the bathroom a long time.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

"Instead of a puppy, we decided to buy you a flesh doll formed out of the crushed and cancerous body of a dead child by a people-eating demon"
"Cool"

And people ask me why I love this stupid show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, did I miss something or is the master's worm still MIA?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

:lol: Here is your very own pet little girl vampire Zackie Boy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm glad that next season is the last, they lost so many characters before the final act.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bull3964 posted:

So, did I miss something or is the master's worm still MIA?

The impression I got is that he found a new body, otherwise the vamps wouldn't be able to do the stuff they did in this episode. It just hasn't been revealed to the viewers yet.

Usually that means it's an established character and he's been hiding in plain sight for a few episodes but this is not the kind of show that can pull off that twist and make it believable

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 3, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol Eph's snarky comeback game is loving strong this season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I also thought it was kind of funny how Fet just threw Zach's book back on the ground for Eph to pick up. I mean, there was a crate right there in the hallway that he could have put it on.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bull3964 posted:

I also thought it was kind of funny how Fet just threw Zach's book back on the ground for Eph to pick up. I mean, there was a crate right there in the hallway that he could have put it on.

It wasn't that long he could of just said it over the radio.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

There's also the fact that for Fet to get to that location, it was major quest fraught with peril.

Then Eph just strolls in after like 5 minutes.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

If Zack isn't the new master by the season finale I will have to write a very disgruntled letter to the showrunner.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
what kind of sick piece of poo poo are you to want that wretched child actor to eat up even more screen time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Zach's actor reminds me of Cameron Bright and I don't much care for him at all. No sir.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

...he's been hiding in plain sight ...

Or she. Just speculating, haven't read the books.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

wormil posted:

Or she. Just speculating, haven't read the books.

Well in the books the Master was in Bolivar for the remainder of the series so we're breaking new ground now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Truth Quark posted:

Well in the books the Master was in Bolivar for the remainder of the series so we're breaking new ground now.

In the books Nora survives all the way to the end too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Vampires won this season, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If Fett Sr served in WWII, how old is Fett supposed to be?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kevin Durand is in his mid 40s. Which is on the old side for his parents, the issue would be that they'd be super old for still being alive.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That ship contains the trapped ancient, doesn't it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That ship contains the trapped ancient, doesn't it.

I don't see how it could be anything else

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who was that person he met in his office like in episode 2 or something? Like this is a character hiding in plain site.

You know I hate to say it, but this series basically starts off like Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 10, 2016

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If Fett Sr served in WWII, how old is Fett supposed to be?

Did you watch the show? It's mentioned like five times, it's his grandfather the flashbacks are about. His father (the grandfather's son) turned to academics and changed his last name to escape the family shame.

In other news, another great episode from an amazing show.

Can't wait for next week!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Barto posted:

Did you watch the show? It's mentioned like five times, it's his grandfather the flashbacks are about. His father (the grandfather's son) turned to academics and changed his last name to escape the family shame.

If you look at the timestamps of their posts, you can see it was from before the revealed it was his grandfather.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

bull3964 posted:

If you look at the timestamps of their posts, you can see it was from before the revealed it was his grandfather.

I should read their posts as carefully as I watch the Strain ;)

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Thought they said it was his grandfather? Anyways this episode felt like filler, nothing happened.
Edit: wow sorry other people said it, it only showed me 3 new posts at first and then the other ones showed up after I posted.

21st Cherry boy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 13, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah this episode was boring as gently caress. Loved all the others this season though.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I like Fett as much as the next person but really, waiting til Season three to suddenly care about his parents? I know the storyline says it's just been a short time but for the viewer it's been years.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I thought the most notable thing about the episode was Setrakian actually showing some human compassion towards one of his comrades in arms instead of the monomanical focus on THE LUMEN he's been showing all season. Usually he's been very "NO TIME FOR CARING, GOTTA READ THIS BOOK!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Astroman posted:

I thought the most notable thing about the episode was Setrakian actually showing some human compassion towards one of his comrades in arms instead of the monomanical focus on THE LUMEN he's been showing all season. Usually he's been very "NO TIME FOR CARING, GOTTA READ THIS BOOK!"

Holocaust survivor guilt is the only way to get Setrakian to open up.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Astroman posted:

That's a very good point. They are both similar: determined, adaptable and friggin deadly. Maybe he sees Fett as his natural heir to the monster hunting mantle. I bet David Bradley was relieved to play something different to his usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

tessiebee posted:

I like Fett as much as the next person but really, waiting til Season three to suddenly care about his parents? I know the storyline says it's just been a short time but for the viewer it's been years.

Yeah, I know they said it was only three weeks at the beginning of the season and then, and then there was a random month jump after Bolivar was killed. Come to think of it though, where's the mayor? Was he killed off screen or something?

• Locked thread