Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He pulled a Hans Gruber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
drat, Lars Mikkelsen's delivery of Thrawn's lines is so good.

Also I only just realized he and Mads Mikkelsen are brothers. Brothers playing major Star Wars villains in the same year. :aaaaa:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

drat, Lars Mikkelsen's delivery of Thrawn's lines is so good.

Also I only just realized he and Mads Mikkelsen are brothers. Brothers playing major Star Wars villains in the same year. :aaaaa:

Isn't Mads playing Jyn Erso's dad who defects? I think he's not the villain but Ben Mendleson is

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Ooh, you're right, I mixed up the names. My mind is less blown, but that's still pretty nuts.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I like the goofy Dracula music in the background

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't Mads playing Jyn Erso's dad who defects? I think he's not the villain but Ben Mendleson is

Mads is playing the main villain in the Dr Strange movie coming out.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Thwomp posted:

Mads is playing the main villain in the Dr Strange movie coming out.

Which isn't a star wars movie?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Which isn't a star wars movie?

Yet...

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
By the Callous Coasts of Kessel!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

tin can made man posted:

By the Callous Coasts of Kessel!

Not your intention, but now I want Bathan and Robinchewie.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If you stop the new Rogue One trailer at 1:59, top of the screen between the near and far X-Wings, and undearneath a partially in frame Nebulon, is one of the Hammerhead corvettes

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 13, 2016

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hah, good eye.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

If you stop the new Rogue One trailer at 1:59, top of the screen between the near and far X-Wings, and undearneath a partially in frame Nebulon, is one of the Hammerhead corvettes

It would be pretty neat if they mentioned Phoenix squadron or something like "the empire has tightened security after what happened on Lothal"

Also, it'd be a great excuse for FFG to put the Hammerhead corvette into Star Wars Armada

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i haven't really liked any of the trailers or anything i've seen for rogue one

but i thought TPM had a pretty rad trailer and we all know how that turned out so i'm still hoping i'll enjoy it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

EVIL NOONER posted:

but i thought TPM had a pretty rad trailer and we all know how that turned out so i'm still hoping i'll enjoy it

Pretty rad trailer = pretty rad movie?

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

jivjov posted:

Pretty rad trailer = pretty rad movie?

why are you setting yourself up for pain & suffering :argh:

NO IT WAS BAD

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It was good, op.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rogue One trailers have been awesome thus far.

What a loving fickle bunch of PTSD fans. What do they need to do to impress Star Wars fans these days?

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

AndyElusive posted:

Rogue One trailers have been awesome thus far.

What a loving fickle bunch of PTSD fans. What do they need to do to impress Star Wars fans these days?

? I really liked force awakens and its trailers. i dont enjoy the rogue one stuff. sorry this seems to personally offend you lmao.

actually, i'm not sorry at all but before you curse and accuse people of being mentally ill perhaps you should relax and take a deep breath.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not even a fan of the original trilogy and got in to Star Wars because of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, not the movies. The trailers have some really good music, visual design and even a couple of scenes like the villain striding across water and the Death Star being finished. The dialogue and characters aren't appealing to me at all though, and the latest trailer doesn't change that for me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh thats what I get for not checking this thread first, I see someone already spotted the Hammerhead.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It'd be interesting to see a Ghost-type ship done in live-action.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah that is a neat shoutout to Rebels, something small, for the fans. Maybe a mention of Commander Satos rebel cell by someone.

3 more episode titles:
Imperial Supercommandos (airs 11/5)
Iron Squadron (airs 11/19)
The Wynkahthu Job (airs 11/26)

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

"Hey did you guys hear about Sato's group? Yeah, they've kind of lost a LOT of pilots and capital ships this year..."

"oh yeah, they built their base on top of a laserproof monster nest huh?"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Technically speaking they've only ever had one capital ship, and even when being very generous with your classifications the the Quasar Fire is a really small one :mil101:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh thats what I get for not checking this thread first, I see someone already spotted the Hammerhead.

Is this an original Bioware creation or did it exist before Kotor?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is the ship Bioware made for KotoR

The ship in Rebels is an homage to that design, and quite a bit smaller

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem
Oh, right! Forgot about the redesign.

Thanks!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

If anything, the Rebels Hammerhead has more in common with SWTOR's take on the design, the Thranta:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The hammerhead are just rearranged CR90s anyways.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The hammerhead are just rearranged CR90s anyways.

:aaaaa:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I mean, they are Corellian-made.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They haven't actually specified a manufacturer for the Hammerhead yet

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A pretty good episode, I get the whole 'honour among adversaries' but the ending was a bit silly. Thrawn should have blasted them out of the air, the Y-wings were tracked, no need to let the crew of the Ghost get away and wreck the Empire another day. Also, his ship is now an Arquitans? He got downgraded.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That felt like it might've been an inspection visit, so he might've taken the Arquitens and left his flagship with his fleet. Pretty good episode. I like Zeb asking if Ezra had collected that one yet. Also Chop's Y-wing PTSD.

Thrawn I'm stil a bit leery on, but my worries are abating pretty fast.

Oh and of course "You didn't think that through, did you?" "Uh..." Should've tossed a grenade instead

Also, someone either goofed or they replaced the Phantom. I'm guessing the former.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 15, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Thrawn should have blasted them out of the air, the Y-wings were tracked, no need to let the crew of the Ghost get away and wreck the Empire another day.

He lets them go because he doesn't just want the Ghost crew, he doesn't even want just Phoenix squadron, he wants everyone that's about to appear in Rogue One, and he's poking and prodding them while trying to formulate a way to get the Spectres and Phoenix to lead him to the big prize.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup, actively killing the Ghost crew would probably be detrimental to his plans.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Episode 4 thoughts: Thrawn outplaying people, but refusing to finish them, as always, and Chopper is our lord and saviour.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Am I going crazy or did the Rebel crew cameo on a lego star wars thing? I swear they did, but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Covok posted:

Am I going crazy or did the Rebel crew cameo on a lego star wars thing? I swear they did, but I can't find it.
They're DLC in Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

• Locked thread