Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

#notacult

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/57cnxk/worst_experience_with_cig_employee_community_ever/

low effort tax:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Has anyone here read the blog by Derek Smart?

I always read them, mostly it's stuff people who read the thread know but occasionally you get drama bombs like Star Marine being cancelled in 2015, the 20k coffee machine and the dispute with the contractor that was building the entrance of the new LA office to look like spaceship. Plus lots of other things I'm not mentioning, like the unfortunate firings last year etc.

I think Derek's blogs are great because when the media eventually covers all this in detail they'll at least have a really good source of information in a much better format that this massive thread.

AP fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 13, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

If you think your biggest enemies are trolls or goons, or your biggest problems are making sure you delete any incriminating evidence you left behind on some old video archive your backers paid for, you really aren't paying close enough attention.

Your biggest enemies-- particularly right now-- are the toxic zealots who have already backed your game and, in absence of a game to play, have decided to role play as Riot Cops beating down anybody who looks askew at their beloved (fictive) super-game. This pattern repeats daily in more places than any of us can count. On Twitter, Youtube comments, Facebook pages, Gaming Media article comments, Reddit, and elsewhere.

Where did they learn and perfect this odious art, you wonder? Why, the RSI forums, of course!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fatigue meters is always bad in every game they are in Derek.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7129325/#Comment_7129325

The elephant session is late - once again... what a surprise.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Youtube :argh:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Let's be real here. If no one ever said a negative word about SC for five + years and they took in 120+ million and failed it would have the exact same effect.

Let's be real here.

CIG failed two years ago, what they've been doing since then is a blatant scam.

I don't see anyone else in the entire industry or media calling it a scam.

There is a hell of a difference between a failed project and a company still selling pre orders 2 years after the delivery date.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ellindar, dear, those people that were mean to you are twats.

You are also a twat.

Hth

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder if he is confused. The OP of that thread stated 3 PDT.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

ripptide posted:

I've done a fair bit of 3d modelling and game modding, so I can take a crack at an assumption. The answer given previously would probably be fairly close, that since so much of CIG's work has been based on modularity based on key linking points on the model/asset. So it would be impossible to just drop them in as is. But, assuming they still have access to the original asset model files (3DS Max, Lightwave etc), you're also correct. It would mean going back thru the model files, re-scaling them to whatever the correct proportions are, make sure the link dummies were placed correctly, then re-export to Cryengine and set all the texture/shaders/lights/effects links. Again, just my assumption based on working with 3D Max and the free Cryengine editor, it would take time but I'd say less than going back to square one. So the only things I can think of is A) they don't have access to the original model files anymore, B) they think that it's more efficient to just redo the work in-house and not risk any additional issues or C) CR wasn't happy with the assets and it's easier to just blame Illfonic than to accept responsibility for delays. Based on how quickly they threw Turbulent under the bus when they brought the new ship upgrade system on-line, not being able to use credits at first, I'm tempted to go with that one. But B has the smell of CIG management incompetence as well, so it's a hard call.

Exactly. Each object has it's own origin point. And when you scale objects they scale relative to that origin point. So yeah, some things may scale together if the origin points on them both happened to be setup so that scaling the two items somehow magically makes them stay together, but usually (lets say almost always) they don't.

orcinus posted:

Rescaling an asset literally consists of opening the file and changing the world scale.
One number. That's all there is to it. It's not rocket science.

The only possible stumbling block is the physics engine - if they were dumb enough not to multiply mass, forces, friction etc. with a scaling factor, nothing would behave right anymore.

It doesn't work like that.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Man, imagine the poor sucker who's got to make up questions for that to avoid them all just being "What the gently caress?" and "You got us to fly out there for THAT?"

edit:

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 13, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dunno when I'll get around to finishing this, it's delayed indefinitely delayed until 2016 some future undefined date, but have a dumb WIP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlourXKu5Gc

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ellindar is also the guy that built the lovely constellation bridge in his moms basement.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

scrubs season six posted:

ellindar is also the guy that built the lovely constellation bridge in his moms basement.

Quite a conversation piece.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Can't really say that.

Oregon Trail was a game that probably needs to be in some Smithsonian of games.

It's simple yet complicated, and everybody probably played it or some strange copy of (Organ Trail, etc).

Star Citizen is a doom tower of poo poo that nobody will ever enjoy and won't ever be a cultural symbol that represents life in the dawn of the computer age for kids everywhere!

Not even Britain thinks it's worth anything.

Oh I agree. But I really meant that if star citizen is a wagon it's fundamentally broken.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

Daztek posted:

Dunno when I'll get around to finishing this, it's delayed indefinitely delayed until 2016 some future undefined date, but have a dumb WIP video

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
Everybody shut up and look over here.

This is Lou.

-He caught his first mouse the day he was born.
-He once knocked every ornament off of a christmas tree, without dislodging a needle.
- His favorite Reservoir Dog is Mr. Blonde.
-He is still soft as a kitten.
-He can unlock the deadbolt on the front door.

-When I picked him out of a cardboard box, they said he was "the goofy looking one."
-He prefers 'Sweeny Todd' to 'CATS'
-With his supernatural grace he has earned 4 olympic gold medals.
-He donates regularly to Doctors without Borders..
-David Attenbrorough has recorded an one-hour special on this single creature's habits.
-He has never used the litterbox.
-He has never stolen, lied, or cheated.
-He sharpens his claws upon granite.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Daztek posted:

this is a piece of art man :five::five::five::five::five:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

loving look at that preview image. Look at that sad shambleman on the left. Just loving look at him and let that image seep into your brain.

Sad little babyman. Pouty little flabgut. This is the face of 'momma always said I was a handsome boy; it'll happen eventually, I'm a late bloomer! This is the face of NEET. This is not so much a citizen of the world as lord and master of the basement and crawlspaces. When Roberts poo poo, he eats. Looking at him lets you know, with perfect clarity, exactly why escapism is his #1 choice of activity. But he can't find a rope strong enough, so he'll escape his life with a video game. He's the Sad Little Engine whose motto is "I know I can't, I know I can't." His shirt reminding everyone who looks upon it to twitch is staggeringly redundant. He is the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert. It's like Hans Moleman hosed Ralf Wiggum. Not the offspring or amalgam of such a union, mind; he's just as awful as the concept of Hans Moleman loving Ralf Wiggum. I'd say it looks like a case of arrested development, only what life did to his development wasn't an arrest, but rather would cause riots in Ferguson.

Guy in the bowtie's a oval office, too.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

That cat is A plus.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Complaint Compilation posted:

Everybody shut up and look over here.

CatChat - damnit just when something cool got posted :argh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

That cat is A plus.

200% :D

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Breetai posted:

loving look at that preview image. Look at that sad shambleman on the left. Just loving look at him and let that image seep into your brain.
:stare:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Daztek posted:

A britsh man trying dirty south rap, in any context is......:stonklol:
It's funny bu, no I love it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Ascendant pictures wasn't actually a failed venture. It just wasn't successful enough to keep going.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

remember they arent shooting this right after citcon.. They all got together the next day and got super loving plastered to get themselves into shill mode.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Pgabz gets tons of well deserved praise for his videos, but I want to give ewe2 a shout out for the excellent song. Absolutely fantastic work.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
seeing the damage control going on today is going to be wonderful

rtv soon!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
RtV thingy with Chris and co. is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

"Following a successful CitizenCon"

craptown
Oct 7, 2001

quote:

Per the request of many gamers, we've changed the title to "Call of Duty: Warfare in Some Future Undefined Date". Gamers—superfans?—took infinite to mean “the warfare will never end.”

This is preposterous, of course, but better safe than sorry. Had we wanted to say the warfare is likely not going to end or will always happen, we would have said so. Instead we pointed out that, rather than continuing to a specific time, the warfare will continue to an unspecific time.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Don't drag RSI forum drama here.

lol That's literally the top 3 responses.

Good poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Random question.

Are their ships copyrighted in any way?

Just thinking, what if someone made a Polaris better than whatever poo poo they come up with.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I just can't watch this. I tried skipping through but it's just words.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they still didn't have the sneak peek thing for sq42 ready

they were supposed to lead with that and a special from chris and erin

wtf

the rest is just boring drivel

I do love the shoutout to intel again lol

gently caress off amd and your money we squandered

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also erin is silent through the whole goddamn thing

even his body language

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
basically I'd take the turbulent guy back to talk about the chat app instead of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

they still didn't have the sneak peek thing for sq42 ready

they were supposed to lead with that and a special from chris and erin

wtf

the rest is just boring drivel

I do love the shoutout to intel again lol

gently caress off amd and your money we squandered

Well I'm sure at this point they are doing it to spite you. :)

• Locked thread