Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786605069282123776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sanity's entrance is pretty cool, but I didn't find the tag team intimidating in anyway. Sawyer Fulton is huge but he's halfway between tall buff guy and overall large fat guy, so he just looks soft. Nikki Cross as an out of control wild woman should be fun and I liked that everyone treated her as the most dangerous of the team.

Buddy Murphy better a singles push going. Dude deserves so much better and I was hoping he'd just destroy Blake.

The brawl at the end was awesome. I love a good pull-apart and both guys just slowly destroying all of security made ruled.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sanity's entrance is pretty cool, but I didn't find the tag team intimidating in anyway.

This was exactly my issue with them too. Wolfe and Fulton are still jobber losers in my mind and NXT already has a much better intimidating heel team in AoP. Nikki did look pretty cool aside from her struggling mightily to take that jacket off.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Well, what better way to build them out of jobber status with the help of a veteran like Eric Young? It's not like there's any way they can be seen as credible if you never see them on TV.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is Sanity the first real stable-stable NXT has had since The Wyatts and The Shield? I'm defining stable as 3 dudes+ since I think the tag team + female valet falls into a different category at least as far as WWE treats them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

tattoo artists should be forced to sign some sort of hippocratic oath that prevents them from doing stuff like this

You really think tattoo artists would willingly sign away 95% of their income?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Sockser posted:

Is Sanity the first real stable-stable NXT has had since The Wyatts and The Shield? I'm defining stable as 3 dudes+ since I think the tag team + female valet falls into a different category at least as far as WWE treats them.
They had the BFFs with Charlotte, Sasha, and Summer.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Wasn't there some kind of shooter stable full of former division 1 guys at one point that Gable was in?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Shoot Nation. It had Sawyer Fulton, Angelo Dawkins, Tucker Knight, Jason Jordan, and Chad Gable. It never made it to TV.

Funny thing is, that Jordan and Gable were often tagging together in that stable, meaning they were paired up almost a year before they tagged on TV.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 13, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
TJ Perkins is replacing Itami for the Dusty Classic

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ugh

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Probably the least interesting direction they could go with this.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786707184595922945

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baby Babbeh posted:

Probably the least interesting direction they could go with this.

Literal anime character and literal videogame character.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

gently caress yes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

*whispering in the distance*

lovely little boots
lovely little boots
lovely little boots

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Roddy actually do a thing on TV or was it one of those hokey moments where the camera spots a new signing in the crowd and the announcers go "oooohhh, look at that guy, you think he'll be here soon???"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Did Roddy actually do a thing on TV or was it one of those hokey moments where the camera spots a new signing in the crowd and the announcers go "oooohhh, look at that guy, you think he'll be here soon???"

he participated in the opening round of the dusty classic

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

What.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's cool, and out of nowhere.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mickie James is taking on Asuka for the NXT Women's championship at NXT Takeover: Toronto

Eltoasto posted:

That's cool, and out of nowhere.

Yeah, I didn't even know she was on their radar.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Guess they need filler until they put her up against Ember Moon before getting called up, and there wouldn't be any ironic smark pop for Liv/Billie/Peyton

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Its weird to me that they dont have anybody else ready to feed to Asuka given how good the womens division has been about this since it became a thing. They had that next wave of women all ready to go and they all got called up at once. I've seen Mickie wrestle a couple times this year and she's a very funny character these days though I'm not sure how much of that will make it to telvision. Fingers crossed!

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 14, 2016

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Well that's one way of dealing with the problem of having no challengers for Asuka. Hell yeah Mickie James rules.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/MickieJames/status/786726714110017536

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

leave your husband at home though, thanks micks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
She does deserve a better end to her career in the WWE than the one she got so I'm happy to see wrestle in a probably good match.

Asuka is way too overpowered in NXT though, I know people who are sick of her just squashing people in seconds.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

Its weird to me that they dont have anybody else ready to feed to Asuka given how good the womens division has been about this since it became a thing. They had that next wave of women all ready to go and they all got called up at once. I've seen Mickie wrestle a couple times this year and she's a very funny character these days though I'm not sure how much of that will make it to telvision. Fingers crossed!
I think the problem is that it would be feeding someone new to Asuka, and they're trying to to actually build up the people they've got. It's fun to have Asuka as the Brock of NXT, but if anyone gets knocked back down by her it's going to be back to jobberhood instead of the tentative rankings they're working on now. It'd be like if Brock came out and dominated a cruiserweight every week.

Also, on a practical note, is there anyone besides the people that Asuka shouldn't face yet (which is basically just Ember and I guess Nikki Storm depending on what they're doing with her in Sanity) that anyone wants to see her murder at a PPV? Asuka vs. people who aren't that good and who have zero chance is no buys. Asuka vs. Mickie James is at least a few.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well there are several women who could face Asuka at Takeover and have a good match, but there wouldn't be a lot of heat with it. The problem with the division getting gutted isn't just losing Bayley, but losing the people like Alexa that someone could beat to climb the ladder to Asuka and have a match with some hype. I believe that's why they are building up Billie and Peyton right now, so they can be future opponents of Ember Moon as she works for the title. Nikki should be able to do more now too, now that Sanity has debuted. And all of that depends on what the plan with Asuka is, as she was just signed for NXT and you can't have her there and undefeated forever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ember Moon needs to get more airtime first, but she WILL challenge Asuka soon enough and it WILL be pretty dope. I also wanna see Australian Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn get some matches with better opponents, because I don't think they can carry the greener wrestlers just yet. Also, isn't there a STARDOM signing coming or did I misinterpret/imagine things?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mickie vs Asuka should be cool, assuming Mickie is still as good as she used to be. She should have train tracks on her gear like the Repo Man.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dias posted:

Also, isn't there a STARDOM signing coming or did I misinterpret/imagine things?
should be early next year at the earliest

projecthalaxy posted:

Mickie vs Asuka should be cool, assuming Mickie is still as good as she used to be. She should have train tracks on her gear like the Repo Man.
less athletic than she used to be but she works a lot smarter. Lately has been playing a delusional moron who tries her best to get cheers and cant comprehend the crowd booing her. Doubt she'll do this act in WWE though

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 14, 2016

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Rod

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I enjoyed watching Mickie James in king of trios do this is cool

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

What is the point of the weird capitalization in Sanity? It's not even properly intercapped like some lovely message board handle circa 2003!

There's a fan theory that it denotes an initial of each member of the stable - with a reach or two made. The other two members may end up being Big Damo and Tommy End

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

There's a fan theory that it denotes an initial of each member of the stable - with a reach or two made. The other two members may end up being Big Damo and Tommy End

Sawyer
Alexander
Nicky
I..?
Tommy?
Young

I still don't understand how that'd fit with the capitalisation though?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Sawyer
Alexander
Nicky
I..?
Tommy?
Young

I still don't understand how that'd fit with the capitalisation though?

Ibushi :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good Lord. Mickie James AND Kenny Dykstra just randomly back in WWE, what's next? Chris Hero? Could Chris Hero be next? Please? PLEASE!?! :pray:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Iaukea!

Or just leave that one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wonder if Mickie was originally intended to be the opponent (at least this early)

Trish would have made sense because Canada, but then she just recently announced her pregnancy

• Locked thread