Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
If you guys are holding off on subscribing to their Patreon, the Nexus for next month should be one for the ages as they will be doing TNG's Code of Honor.

If you know what that means, you know.

If you don't, you'll find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

timeandtide posted:

If you guys are holding off on subscribing to their Patreon, the Nexus for next month should be one for the ages as they will be doing TNG's Code of Honor.

My 10th grade history teacher showed us that episode during a unit on African history. I don't think it was on any tests, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

timeandtide posted:

I might just have to bite the bullet and subscribe at the 8 dollar level before they get around to implementing the RSS feed thing

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I might just have to bite the bullet and subscribe at the 8 dollar level before they get around to implementing the RSS feed thing

Too late, they just activated the audio rss feed this morning!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

duz posted:

Too late, they just activated the audio rss feed this morning!

Ha.

I would listen to Loose Loomis every night. Dr. Loomis: F- psychiatrist, B- monster hunter, A+ shock-jock

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I don't think it was on any tests, though.

I would sure loving hope not!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Just came here to say the Spooktacular theme is the best and I'm going to be sad in November.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd be really interested in knowing the origin of the Spooktacular song. Was it something Andrew cobbled together?

If I say Eric's name three times in a mirror will he show up to answer?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm happy they doubled-down on the Howard Stern parody jokes even if they probably lost 2/3 of their audience.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobservo posted:

I'm happy they doubled-down on the Howard Stern parody jokes even if they probably lost 2/3 of their audience.

Those peoples money is damp and greasy so WHM guys are better off

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I found this money in the gaaahhrbage...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I didn't really "feel" this episode for some reason. Couldn't wrap my head around it, even on a second listening. Looking forward to next week, I loved the NC review of Ernest Scared Stupid.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MariusLecter posted:

Those peoples money is damp and greasy so WHM guys are better off

I'm surprised they weren't scared off by them liking the new ghostbusters

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm surprised they weren't scared off by them liking the new ghostbusters

I thought it was odd that they unanimously said it was great, IIRC nary a one of them said "it was just okay"

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

precision posted:

I thought it was odd that they unanimously said it was great, IIRC nary a one of them said "it was just okay"

Nice try to frame it that way, but I haven't even seen it yet. And I said so on that episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I didn't really "feel" this episode for some reason. Couldn't wrap my head around it, even on a second listening. Looking forward to next week, I loved the NC review of Ernest Scared Stupid.

Same here; I had a hard time following things because they just referred to everyone as "the brother" and "the sister" and I had no idea who was who.

TNT's currently doing a Halloween movie marathon (Season of the Witch right now) so we'll see if the movie itself is easier to follow.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
The Donald Pleasance impressions really made me laugh in this episode, and the Poochy reference (MY HOME PLANET NEEEDS MEEEE) had me in tears.

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 14, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

weekly font posted:

I'd be really interested in knowing the origin of the Spooktacular song. Was it something Andrew cobbled together?

If I say Eric's name three times in a mirror will he show up to answer?

It sounds like something from Figure or Zomboy, maybe? Kinda gives me Bassnectar vibes a little too.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Adrianics posted:

The Donald Pleasance impressions really made me laugh in this episode, and the Poochy reference (MY HOME PLANET NEEEDS MEEEE had me in tears.

Loose Loomis is my new favorite WHM character.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BlameSpacePod posted:

Nice try to frame it that way, but I haven't even seen it yet. And I said so on that episode.

Hey, sorry, I wasn't trying to frame anything to advance an agenda. I'd think it was odd if any given group of people unanimously liked anything (except Con Air, nobody doesn't like Con Air).

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

Well they are all NYC improv dudes, and the movie not only drew a lot of people from the NYC improv community but was itself heavily improvised. Aside from the fact that It's OK To Like A Movie they also seem like they're about the closest thing to a target audience that movie could have.

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
Eric deserves a better avatar than the stupid newbie one.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Battle Rockers posted:

That made me go check their Patreon, they just passed $6k/mo!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Please don't further the ''Ghostbusters remake was boring'' agenda

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Battle Rockers posted:

Apparently I have an extra gift certificate from like a year ago. So, Eric, if you have something in mind, I can buy it for you guys.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
In honor of Ernest Scared Stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1G7KQZpP3c

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

What was really sad was that after Jim Verney died some of the other characters from the Ernest movies tried to strike out on their own and it was, uh, not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2TBfm49TQ

e. I don't have any nostalgic attachment to the Ernest movies but I'm all over stock horror movie footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP285coEEUs

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 14, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I have a soft spot for those Earnest movies. They're silly and dumb but that character is so endearing to me. Camp, Halloween, Christmas and Rides Again are my favorite of the bunch. Prison is alright, though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Serious recommendation: anyone wanting to learn a lot of cool trivia about Ernest should probably listen to this recent episode of pop culture show Laser Time, which is a giant deep dive into Jim Varney, the character, and all the pre-film history that built him into a property a rising Disney courted.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Einstein, the ugly success and Earnest, the beautiful failure. I bet that weird Disney brain show isn't even there any more. That was a cute little thing.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Evil Mastermind posted:

Same here; I had a hard time following things because they just referred to everyone as "the brother" and "the sister" and I had no idea who was who.

TNT's currently doing a Halloween movie marathon (Season of the Witch right now) so we'll see if the movie itself is easier to follow.

Not really, both cuts are really rough. I really liked the Loomis shock jock bit. I don't even know who Howard Stern is and shock jocking isn't really a thing on British radio but it was one of the funniest things I've listened too in awhile.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Donald Pleasance shock jock was really funny.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Welcome to the cheap world of Star Trek

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Quick question: what is Jupin referencing when he says a character "is ready to go to hell, tonight!"?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

Serious recommendation: anyone wanting to learn a lot of cool trivia about Ernest should probably listen to this recent episode of pop culture show Laser Time, which is a giant deep dive into Jim Varney, the character, and all the pre-film history that built him into a property a rising Disney courted.

This is badass.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Baka-nin posted:

Not really, both cuts are really rough. I really liked the Loomis shock jock bit. I don't even know who Howard Stern is and shock jocking isn't really a thing on British radio but it was one of the funniest things I've listened too in awhile.

Yeah, I got like half an hour into it and just gave up.

I'll be honest, I have no real experience with this franchise apart from III; were they trying to make Michael Myers a dark spirit or something with his spirit infecting the kid from the end of 4?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

I didn't need any more evidence that the Razzies are garbage but nominating Jim Varney for worst actor for Ernest Goes to Camp is just the pettiest thing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Discovered this podcast last week, have been working backwards. Can confirm, after Spiderman II and Lady in the Water, best Paul Giamatti impersonations ever, by at least 3/4 of youse guise.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Discovered this podcast last week, have been working backwards. Can confirm, after Spiderman II and Lady in the Water, best Paul Giamatti impersonations ever, by at least 3/4 of youse guise.

Keep an ear out for a surprise Giamatti cameo in My Best Friend's Wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

All that Furlong in Pet Sematary 2, and never once did the Trickster make a visit. Ah-booo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has ground his teeth at "MAAAAAAAHM" for the last 25 years though.