Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I love how dumb this game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I feel I should be listening to Harold Reynolds blather on and share the experience, but this game is way better with just the park feed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

A national league team with a guy who can't bunt, lol.

I know sluggers don't like to bunt and I know it's it's a tough skill to be good at, but I still don't understand why more batters just don't learn how to do it/practice it in the offseason. I mean I have to imagine that just spending an hour a week bunting during the offseason would help enormously.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Jayson Werth single-handedly losing the Nats this game with his complete inability to gauge speed or distance

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Nobody told Dusty that JT hits better against righties

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I know sluggers don't like to bunt and I know it's it's a tough skill to be good at, but I still don't understand why more batters just don't learn how to do it/practice it in the offseason. I mean I have to imagine that just spending an hour a week bunting during the offseason would help enormously.

It's also one of those things if you don't do it for awhile you get rusty and a lot of guys I'm sure don't practice during the regular season. I always before starting a round of BP at the cage, bunt every first pitch.

You do see some guys at big league BP before a game will lay down a bunt or two but it's not very common.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
> 8 pitching changes per game and 0 extra inning games. Wtf

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

New Concept Hole posted:

Jayson Werth single-handedly losing the Nats this game with his complete inability to gauge speed or distance

To be fair he got waived around it's the 3B coach's responsibility to make that call.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Popete posted:

It's also one of those things if you don't do it for awhile you get rusty and a lot of guys I'm sure don't practice during the regular season. I always before starting a round of BP at the cage, bunt every first pitch.

You do see some guys at big league BP before a game will lay down a bunt or two but it's not very common.

Yeah but when you're Charlie Culberson you probably shouldn't lay off the fundamentals

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Yeah I get that too, but I figure if you practice it in the offseason, then you'd only need maybe 15-30 minutes a week keeping the skill up during the season. Hell, that's only like 5 minutes a day.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
aw poo poo son

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
:lol:

Dusty Baker teams

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, nice fielding.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:rip:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Cool that Dusty Baker doesn't know that Turner has reverse platoon splits, thanks dumbass

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

LMAO

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yesss

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Vernacular posted:

Nobody told Dusty that JT hits better against righties

Yesssssssss

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

holy god what a terrible way to field that ball, trea

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
:woop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

juan pierre used to put on a BP show by laying down practice bunts

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:lol:

Dusty Baker teams

:smith:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The mound in Washington is trying to kill the pitchers.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

juan pierre used to put on a BP show by laying down practice bunts

:punto:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I see the pitching changes really worked out

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Feels like a good reason to just go do something else and confirm the score in the morning.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ginger Jesus :swoon:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dusty watched Maddon melt down in G3 with his bullpen shuffle, and then watched Bochy melt down in G4 with his bullpen shuffle, and thought "I can do that." :smugdog:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Yeah but when you're Charlie Culberson you probably shouldn't lay off the fundamentals

Yeah this is why it's so funny, this dude should be practicing his bunts like his career depends on it (cause it does)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this is the dustiest inning imaginable

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Dustly Baker going for the Guinness record for most pitchers ruined in an inning

fake edit: im calling him dustly from now on until he wins another series

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

To be fair he got waived around it's the 3B coach's responsibility to make that call.

It's not limited to just Werth I guess!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kelley totally just blew his arm out on national television :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sydin posted:

Dusty watched Maddon melt down in G3 with his bullpen shuffle, and then watched Bochy melt down in G4 with his bullpen shuffle, and thought "I can do that." :smugdog:

When will managers learn? Bullpen shuffling simply doesn't work!

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Cant wait for another Cubs west coast playoff series....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm really glad a bad team is winning this game either way

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Someone told me Dusty Baker is bad at managing bullpens and boy howdy they aren't kidding.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahahaha Dusty set a record for most relievers used in an NLDS.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what the gently caress is this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Sydin posted:

Dusty's the O.G. in this department. It's more like "Lemme show you young whippersnappers how it's REALLY done."

Also is the Nationals Park mound always this terrible on ankles, and/or can't they get the grounds crew some patch up dirt for a playoff game?

• Locked thread