Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
If the Lewis gun has you down, stick with it. The MG15 and BAR that you unlock at Level 1 Support and Level 2 Support respectively are both a big upgrade.

Also, gas grenades own. Half of pubbies don't know to hit their gas mask, even with the game saying "HIT T FOR GAS MASK YOU DUMMIE" and it forces those loving SMLE guys to lose their iron sights for a bit. I've gotten multiple squad wipes with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Single player has been basically

the game.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 13, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Steeltalon posted:

Single player has been basically

the game.

Cool, I like that movie.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
The light tank is really still quite ridiculous. Even a bad player can get 7 or 8 kills really easily - just finished a game where someone went 40-0 in one before finally dying to planes. It shouldn't have the secondary shotgun mode.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I really miss the feature that removes a player from squad lead if he doesn't set orders upon request.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

cheese posted:

The light tank is really still quite ridiculous. Even a bad player can get 7 or 8 kills really easily - just finished a game where someone went 40-0 in one before finally dying to planes. It shouldn't have the secondary shotgun mode.

People still aren't using the rocket gun, I've found.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

People still aren't using the rocket gun, I've found.
I mean, its in the default kit, so some people are. Its a hard tool to use - having to go prone to fire is a huge deal. You can't just pop out and fire it off like its an RPG, and going prone amidst an ocean of railgun SMLE's and mortars is a death sentence. I've run Assault with TNT and if you can sneak up on a Light tank, you can gib them. 2x AT nades as you run up and then a TNT charge on their rear end and its game over, but getting close can be tough. I think taking away the grapeshot would balance them. Its hard to 1 hit kill with the cannon.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Origin says I can pre-load BF1 on October 14 at 12:00 PM CDT. Should I uninstall the trial to install the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition or just keep the trial game? Are they the same thing?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

On a scale of battlefront to bad company 1 how bad are the maps.

It's up to you decide which end of the spectrum is the best. Hint: it's neither

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JFC posted:

Origin says I can pre-load BF1 on October 14 at 12:00 PM CDT. Should I uninstall the trial to install the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition or just keep the trial game? Are they the same thing?

Same thing.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Anyone playing this currently? I'm sat chilling in mumble if anyone wants to be terrible at video games in tandem. Games pretty fun.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Have they made it easier to see what bodies can be revived? I think I was revived twice, total, in the beta.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hughmoris posted:

Have they made it easier to see what bodies can be revived? I think I was revived twice, total, in the beta.

There is a large skull indicator that shows the time left to revive somebody.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

People revive all the time now and by people I mean random pubs. So it's good.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

please recommend me weapons in each class I don't have many battlebux so I want to spend wisely.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

ethanol posted:

On a scale of battlefront to bad company 1 how bad are the maps.

It's up to you decide which end of the spectrum is the best. Hint: it's neither

I know this is a joke post but for real: So far the maps have been great.

There is a huge sprawling city map that I think kind of delivers on what Operation Metro tried to be.

It's well designed with almost every building having a fully modeled and unique interior as well as destructible exterior.

Metro was essentially a straight line with two adjacent apartment buildings that fought over a court yard.

There's also a map that focuses around a Castle which I feel is so large it likely would have ended up as a map all on its own in an older BF game.

Overall so far initial impressions are really positive and has me excited to see the remaining maps.

*edit*

All conquest mode btw. Rush mode maps largely suck unless the map was specifically designed for Rush.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

If you are a medic and someone dies, you get a big white skull marker over them with a circular countdown showing how long til they release.

If you die, it shows you any nearby medics and their distance so you can quickly see either 1) nope, not getting get a rez or 2) medic 12m away and rapidly closing so I won't release. Its very smooth. Counterpoint: There is still that awkward second or two after you get rezzed where you are prone and helpless, and if you died because you stepped out in front of an alley firing squad, you are probably going to instantly die again.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is the server browser broken or something cause I'm seeing nothing but empty servers with all of the filters off and all of the regions available but matchmaking gets me into a game almost immediately?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

afkmacro posted:

please recommend me weapons in each class I don't have many battlebux so I want to spend wisely.

Medic...

Selbstadler if you like range (big recoil )
Mondragon for med range (balanced)

Assault...
Trench anything for hip fire (Beretta esp)
Shotguns are good for buildings
MP18 has decent range

Support...
Benet mercie gunner for long range pain

Recon...
SMLE with iron sights is great because a closer range sweet spot
Mannlicher for fast fire

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Annnnnd my 10 hours is up :(

Sniping is really, really easy right now. The guns are basically railguns with no scope sway or any of that nonsense and the maps range from ok for sniping to amazing. Normally I don't care about random hill snipers but now they can tag you from hundreds of meters fairly easily.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Join up.

http://www.goonstack.win/discord-1/

Trying to get a group going.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Did anyone have experience with the memory leak from the beta? Does it still exist?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

disjoe posted:

Did anyone have experience with the memory leak from the beta? Does it still exist?

I have two Geforce 970s yet the trial run slower than the beta did for some reason. But I haven't really experienced much in the way of a memory leak.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I would have to reset the game every few matches or so during the beta because it would clog up my system memory.

Maybe it only happens to me or to a few people.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I have two Geforce 970s yet the trial run slower than the beta did for some reason. But I haven't really experienced much in the way of a memory leak.

One problem is that there's a setting to cap the amount of GPU RAM, and it's turned on by default for everybody. If you turn it off, it should help.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

They really upped the amount of blur when flying. Almost impossible to see anything on the ground on the fortress map.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
I'm pretty dang happy with what I've seen of the game so far although the lack of a character customization though is a bit of an disapointment. I'd have hoped for something like Battlefront's system atleast.

Also on the subject of appearances did anyone notice the british assault class got altered?
Guess someone thought there was just an abhorent amount of brown people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I thought the medic guns in the beta were fun, if a little underpowered, but the default in the trial is now just awful. Nerfed it quite a bit.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Mondragon is pretty much the go to early medic gun.

It just outclasses every starting medic gun easily.

Good games tonight guys lets get another group going tomorrow.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

This is what most of my matches look like:

I wish they didn't listen to the people that wanted it changed.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Plan Z posted:

This is what most of my matches look like:

I wish they didn't listen to the people that wanted it changed.

What did they change?

So the only way to get something comparable to BF4 deluxe edition is to spend 130 Euros?

drat that is a lot of money.

And you can play it right now if you have Origin access? drat it is weekend, tough choice.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cheese posted:

Sniping is really, really easy right now. The guns are basically railguns with no scope sway or any of that nonsense and the maps range from ok for sniping to amazing. Normally I don't care about random hill snipers but now they can tag you from hundreds of meters fairly easily.
more blood for the airburst mortar blood god

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

What did they change?

kills influence the team score (at a 1:1 ratio too, the morons).

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

IceOrb posted:

Join up.

http://www.goonstack.win/discord-1/

Trying to get a group going.

Just use the Mumble.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do my 10 hours start the moment the download finishes or is it actual playtime?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I've seen people say it's specifically only time you're actually in the game so you're good.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

evil_bunnY posted:

kills influence the team score (at a 1:1 ratio too, the morons).

Well nice to know I don't have to get this game.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
same

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
actually weirdly the game is still really enjoyable despite them obviously ruining conquest so badly that nobody should ever buy this game.

or maybe you overreacting a bit.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

has anyone tried operations? that seems pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I haven't played this at all (not alpha, beta, or this 10 hour deal" but my general impressions from videos only is that this is shaping up to be a real good game. Am I right?