Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Inacio posted:

Dude... that's not cool. What the gently caress is wrong with this guy?

Which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/zeus_anoxia/status/786873062755041280

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Inacio posted:

https://twitter.com/Clifford_Miku/status/785722206617759744

Why did I look at his Twitter. Jesus christ, I'm uncomfortable for them. Look at their faces, pure fear.

I made the mistake of looking at his twitter once, only once, convinced myself the guy probably isn't allowed within 500 metres of a school.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

starkebn posted:

looks like he's trying his darndest to be a web celebrity

Oh, look, a Twitch streamer with a gimmick, looking like an idiot. That's new.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I don't know if Clifford's wife is incredibly smart for never having her picture taken with him, or incredibly reckless.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ah lonely Nyx. It was just 12 months ago when they stated it would be soon after showing the landing sequence.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

I made the mistake of looking at his twitter once, only once, convinced myself the guy probably isn't allowed within 500 metres of a school.

He shouldn't be allowed to go further than 100 meters away from a mental health institution.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't know if Clifford's wife is incredibly smart for never having her picture taken with him, or incredibly reckless.

Cool that you don't think his wife is a body pillow or video game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

Just wanted to say that you usualy lose me around the 3rd paragrath but for the first time I read an entire blog post of yours (I lie, I skipped the preamble). The turd on top of this poo poo cake would be if, for some stupid reason, Squadron 42 also required a connection to the CIG servers and the whales lost even the single player Prelude when CIG folds.

quote:

At the end of the day, Star Citizen isn’t about a game anymore. It’s a rags to riches story of a group of people who struck Gold in the middle of a space sim drought.

*drops mic*

As someone suggested once this is over you should go into political reporting. I'd love to read a proper Cato the Elder rant on Putin or Wall Street or whatever. :sherman:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

Cool that you don't think his wife is a body pillow or video game.

I figured that had been said enough. If she exists, she should really make sure people know she's alive and doesn't consent to being encased in a wax replica of some anime school girl.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah lonely Nyx. It was just 12 months ago when they stated it would be soon after showing the landing sequence.

The best thing is that CIG already confirmed that none of that is coming at least until 2018 going by the optimistic CIG predictions for when 4.0 will be coming out. That's when jumpgates are going to be introduced so no flying to other systems before then.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I figured that had been said enough. If she exists, she should really make sure people know she's alive and doesn't consent to being encased in a wax replica of some anime school girl.

I heard her voice when I watched his twitch stream ages ago, she was annoyed about some $14 they'd wasted buying something stupid.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Go-Gurt For Dinner posted:

Return of the Jpeg

The Wallet Strikes Back

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

No way this is real

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

AP posted:

I heard her voice when I watched his twitch stream ages ago, she was annoyed about some $14 they'd wasted buying something stupid.

Jesus christ. I hope they're rich for her sake.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No way this is real

But lol if it is

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MeLKoR posted:

The best thing is that CIG already confirmed that none of that is coming at least until 2018 going by the optimistic CIG predictions for when 4.0 will be coming out. That's when jumpgates are going to be introduced so no flying to other systems before then.

Hell, I was wrong. They showed the drat thing last August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YMlnn4Ngk

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You can tell it's fake because there's no way would 185 people notice it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow, harsh.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

noice

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hell, I was wrong. They showed the drat thing last August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YMlnn4Ngk

All they have are separate maps and gameplay elements that they're desperately trying to stitch into an unholy quilt as it tears itself apart. At this point I also believe that at most the whales will get Squadron 42: The Preamble: The Movie, some lovely thing called Star Marine and that's it. They won't even be able to cobble together an MVP with anything much more relevant than what is already in 2.5.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/captain_richard/v/94774661?t=26m35s

CIG LA have a full time snack bar barista...

So much for Lethality's shot at working for a game developer.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

Seriously, though, we're like maybe 3 or 4 dozen regular posters? lol that a handful of fuckups who make posts on SomethingAwful could have any influence on a $100m+ operation.

Applause all around for everyone in here.

o5

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

I may be jaded, but I'd be pretty upset at a guy like that. I feel like there is an unsaid ritual where you sort of need to help a boy become a man if they're young.

Some older guys are good though, but midlife crisis can probably be expensive. A $60,000 corvette or $2,000 on a computer game? Both are fads, but one is going to hurt more than the other.

For the guys wrecking their lives, just stupid. Probably won't get laid anyhow.

I think a lot of women want McDreamy from Greys Anatomy but end up with guys from Scrubs. You just kind of go with it at some point.
PSA: When your midlife crisis comes along the three urges seem to be quit your job, leave your wife, and/or buy a sportscar. For those not in the know--buy the sportscar. The sportscar is by far the least expensive of the options.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Speak for yourself I've sabatoged the hell out of the game.

'Animations' are the reason you didn't see Sq42. Yeah right, when has Chris ever failed to release a pile of poo poo whenever its done? Arccorp? Hanger? AC? The PU? It compiles it goes.

Think again citizens. It was me.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

EightAce posted:

Wow. They couldn't even get the sq42 capture ready .

This is really depressing now

Don't be depressed developer ghost.

Realize the true power CIG holds in that they don't even really need developers or any sort of actual game. Only dreams. :ssh:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

Wow. They couldn't even get the sq42 capture ready .

This is really depressing now

They aren't doing a sq42 trailer today even?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Rudager posted:

As bad as that was, that loving gif background creeped me out more. I'm no woman, but pretty sure if I was wearing my shorts/underwear that far down it would be uncomfortable at best.

That background is a pre-established piece of SC community content that has been making the rounds for a year or two. My original introduction to it was in a post fantasizing about playing SC with their sister, that girl being represented as the sister. Spending long trips, with lots of downtime, lazily cruising across the galaxy, but look at this really hot girl next to me. Hey, let's go have a little fun on the side. Yeah, so what if you're my sister.

Sister's viewpoint: "Is Josh still obsessed with that stupid space game? God, I hope he doesn't try to talk to me about it again. Now, where the gently caress did that pair of panties go?"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How can they claim all Squadron 42 missions are complete when they: 1- don't have AI; 2- can't dock ships? How did they play the missions? Are the missions nothing more than walking around and triggering cutscenes?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

XK posted:

That background is a pre-established piece of SC community content that has been making the rounds for a year or two. My original introduction to it was in a post fantasizing about playing SC with their sister, that girl being represented as the sister. Spending long trips, with lots of downtime, lazily cruising across the galaxy, but look at this really hot girl next to me. Hey, let's go have a little fun on the side. Yeah, so what if you're my sister.

Sister's viewpoint: "Is Josh still obsessed with that stupid space game? God, I hope he doesn't try to talk to me about it again. Now, where the gently caress did that pair of panties go?"

:stare:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

How can they claim all Squadron 42 missions are complete when they: 1- don't have AI; 2- can't dock ships? How did they play the missions? Are the missions nothing more than walking around and triggering cutscenes?

when they say complete they meant "Cut-scene script" complete

SQ42 is a movie with a mini-game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Thoughtfulwand1/status/786910091869958146

:gary:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SomethingJones posted:

Bensday with Batgirl and Ben episode 63
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=1229s
@ 20:30

Ben Lenslock, Developer
The idea of selling ships is never the most ideal situation, in a perfect world we would make ships and give them to everybody and that would be the entire THING, but, we ABSOLUTELY NEED to bring in money to fund the game, so we do things like POLARIS pre-sale, or the PACKS were you get a DISCOUNT... we try to at least give you the tools so you can melt your ships and move things around and... get what you want... but ah... yeah

but chris said that if funding stopped they had enough money to finish the game

AP posted:

And she was never heard from again.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I think Citizens will happily watch a 3+ hour INN presentation of 3 poor nerds sitting in a coronation street house on a cheap sofa and a 80 minute talk show of rich developer nerds bullshitting while sitting on expensive sofas because either option is miles better than playing the game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5795m8/chris_you_like_bombers_we_get_it_long_discussion/

Chris, you like bombers, we get it.

Let me be brief

And furthermore...

It also has to be said that

Ok i tried to read this. (Good layout by the way) But i've got a little lost at the second quote. So let me write a bit

TL;DR: I bought a $750 piece of crap and now I am feeling kind of guilty about it. Wouldn't it be great if it was just like *I* want it to be?

645 comments, with around fifty essays. All discussing the pros and cons about a ship that not only does not exist, but it won't be out when the game is finally release (best estimate they have: mid 2018) because it is not a priority.

These people do need a game to consume their lives.

:lol: if you read all that crap.

They are so close yet so far from figuring out that CIG doesn't give a poo poo about old ships because the whales already have one.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

You don't understand game development.

They are talking about Squadron 42 1.0. It is not supposed to have AI, docked ships or textured maps. Textured maps will be in with 2.0, AI with 3.5, cover mechanics with 4.2.

Once they reach 13.7, they will think about pre-alpha.

The plan is to release version 37.8 Service Pack 4.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3krSajx_RA

What does Affiliate Link mean on youtube?

"Buy StarCitizen [Affiliate Link] ► http://dangheesling.tv/starcitizen"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3krSajx_RA

What does Affiliate Link mean on youtube?

"Buy StarCitizen [Affiliate Link] ► http://dangheesling.tv/starcitizen"

It a simple URL forward to the RSI shop, with the guys referal code already in the URL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Clifford ~aka~ Miku, photographing your son while he sleeps.

• Locked thread