Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
help I wrote my own wife and she came to life and won't stop nagging me about my cliché portrayal of women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

sometimes i think my wife is splitting the infinitive on purpose

social vegan

host of the newlywed game: social vegan, what did your wife say are her biggest aspirations?

me: *holds up card reading "Love, laughter and peace for us all"*

*buzzer sounds*

host: Ohhh, I'm sorry, the correct answer was "Love, laughter, and peace for us all"

me: *under her breath* it's like I don't even know you anymore

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

super mario batali posted:

I'll take the peacock chapter

Good poo poo. Can't wait to see how humble that peacock is.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

host of the newlywed game: social vegan, what did your wife say are her biggest aspirations?

me: *holds up card reading "Love, laughter and peace for us all"*

*buzzer sounds*

host: Ohhh, I'm sorry, the correct answer was "Love, laughter, and peace for us all"

me: *under her breath* it's like I don't even know you anymore

ty nesamdoom!

social vegan

misty mountaintop posted:

Good poo poo. Can't wait to see how humble that peacock is.

not as much as it can't

the unabonger

Up to you, but it wasn't intended to be. The "Tales" aren't meant to be connected directly to the frame narrative. They're there to provide variety, pacing, themes etc.

Which is why i was asking the people that i was inbetween what they were writing about. I get that my story isnt going to be directly connected to the narrative but it cant just be something insanely random and out of place...

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
are there any humans (or very similar) on the simultaneous 48 hour binary planet earth

asking for.. well, myself actually

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
I was taking it kind of like "City Frog and Country Toad" where they're animal people but there's also humans too.

Android Blues

I have at least one human in my part of the story, but he's a special human, so he could be an exception.

social vegan

Android Blues posted:

I have at least one human in my part of the story, but he's a special human, so he could be an exception.

aww u didn't have

Fredflonston

I will finish mine by next week. posting my goals in here for accountability.

Now you all know and I'll be sad if I dont deliver.

joke_explainer

Fredflonston posted:

I will finish mine by next week. posting my goals in here for accountability.

Now you all know and I'll be sad if I dont deliver.

I'm hoping to be done by Wednesday. If not my soul is in peril

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Nathilus posted:

Dang. I've been phasing out of byob too much and almost missed this. Let me in on it. Collaberative fiction is kinda my poo poo.

Ok, dude. You're off of the waiting list. Pick a chapter.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Hello, how about a deadline?

No pressure but EXTREME PRESSURE but not really, but yeah, kind of really, but don't worry about it but be visited in your dreams every night by a terrifying specter if you do not finish your chapter by Saturday, October 29th.

That's two weeks from today.

Let's call it a "check-in" and not a "deadline" and say that, no matter what state your writing is in: complete, incomplete, gestational, whatever, you can send it to me on OCTOBER TWENTY-NINTH and we'll see what we've got.

If you're having trouble with your writing, please, post here and we will help, or if you don't feel comfortable talking about it in public, PM a friend (for the purposes of this project, I am A Friend).

A couple of people have gotten in touch with me to say that because of Life Stuff they might take a little longer and that's ok, especially since they've been writing the "tale" chapters, but I hope that we will be able, one way or another, to move on to phase II sometime around Halloween.

----------------

social vegan

i do not have Pms or friends but i have at least 2 pages

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

social vegan posted:

i do not have Pms or friends but i have at least 2 pages

You can also email a friend, and I am a friend.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
what should happen in my story?

MrWillsauce

characters should do some stuff

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Ahundredbux posted:

what should happen in my story?

Your chapter introduces the hero of the story. So there might be description about what she looks like, important aspects of her personality, other attributes. That's not what should happen, just what the function of the chapter might be.

Two ways to add a story in there so it's not just completely description: 1) tell Miriam's backstory 2) give her a small adventure in which she can demonstrate her most important characteristics (chillness, bravery, anger, curiosity, patience, impatience... Whatever they happen to be)

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Ok, dude. You're off of the waiting list. Pick a chapter.

Hells yeah. Are we at the point that I can pick a bolded one? If so I'd like 23, I'm a sucker for antiheros. If not, according to the op, #4 seems available.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Nathilus posted:

Hells yeah. Are we at the point that I can pick a bolded one? If so I'd like 23, I'm a sucker for antiheros. If not, according to the op, #4 seems available.

Bold ones are still locked until we nail down the contours of the plot up until that point, so 4 it is: a very owly argument.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
At this point, I will take Miriam meets Edith, who will Become Her Best Friend. Unless I'm mistaken (and I often am) that means all the chapters have been assigned. RazzleDazzleHour, if you still want to write a chapter, feel free to write your own "tale," or if you want me to come up with a couple of options, I would be happy to.

Social Vegan, are you still planning on Edith being able to answer any question with total honesty? Checkin' before I start writin'.

Social Vegan and Ahundredbux, it would be helpful to know where/in what situation your characters are going to end their chapters since I have to bring them together somehow.

----------------

Piso Mojado

At this point, I will take Miriam meets Edith, who will Become Her Best Friend. Unless I'm mistaken (and I often am) that means all the chapters have been assigned. RazzleDazzleHour, if you still want to write a chapter, feel free to write your own "tale," or if you want me to come up with a couple of options, I would be happy to.

Social Vegan, are you still planning on Edith being able to answer any question with total honesty? Checkin' before I start writin'.

Social Vegan and Ahundredbux, it would be helpful to know where/in what situation your characters are going to end their chapters since I have to bring them together somehow.

razzledazzle can have my chapter. I'm already invested in 4 byob projects now and I'm barely literate.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

I've only managed to write the beginning (in my head) so far, I'll get back to you on that

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Piso Mojado posted:

razzledazzle can have my chapter. I'm already invested in 4 byob projects now and I'm barely literate.

Very well. I now own your soul in perpetuity. It will remain trapped in a locked BYOB thread until it is eventually archived and lost in the mists of time. You may feel a chill, hollow feeling from time to time - that is the feeling of a webcrawler reading the thread and hearing your soul, wailing in eternal torment.

----------------

social vegan

I will email you my deets! I don't have a full draft, but I have a full outline of what I'm aiming for and it might be good to change that if it's more conducive to helping our parts work together

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Sweet. I love emails.

----------------

social vegan

Sweet. I love emails.

then you'll love your inbox rn

Piso Mojado

Very well. I now own your soul in perpetuity. It will remain trapped in a locked BYOB thread until it is eventually archived and lost in the mists of time. You may feel a chill, hollow feeling from time to time - that is the feeling of a webcrawler reading the thread and hearing your soul, wailing in eternal torment.

I'm feeling sleeeppy...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

I'm feeling sleeeppy...

i hope you write a story

:ohdear:

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
How's it going, anyone? I've been plotting things out and I'm hoping to get writing in the next few days.

----------------

MrWillsauce

I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike me. I stared at an empty text file for a while and typed some sentences and then hit the backspace a bunch. And then I did that a few more times. hmmm...

City of Glompton

I have just over 2 pages, and I know what the next pages will need to be. just need a chance to write :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

MrWillsauce

treasures... of the moon... people

Fredflonston

O I'm well on my way. Gotta good flow goin. Finding myself. Ya'll gotta call P.P. Rollins now.

joke_explainer

MrWillsauce posted:

maybe its some ancient artifacts? or even technology... ??

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Lord Frog kicks everyone out of his court but makes a new lady friend who is not a good friend!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

MrWillsauce posted:

You're in luck with this chapter because if you don't want it to have a plot it actually does not need a plot. All you need to do is describe the fabulous, wondrous and perhaps magical treasures of the moon people and where they are kept. You could also describe the histories of some of these treasures (this item used at such-and-such an ancient moon-battle, this one owned by such-and-such a moon millionaire). Are there traps guarding the moon treasures?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

joke_explainer posted:

maybe its some ancient artifacts? or even technology... ??

Exacatacly.

----------------

• Locked thread