Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/784806319689601024

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

"Fark is full of bad, stupid, broken people. I know this because I visit it regularly."

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Woman Allegedly Refused Service Over 'Police Lives Matter' Shirt.

quote:

"Meredith did not want her name published [...] Meredith said a teenage cashier stepped away from the checkout line after seeing her shirt. She said she then overheard the girl speaking with a coworker. 'She was stating that the shirt I had in was basically a slap in the face to her and she was doing everything she could not to cry,' she said. "She made me feel ashamed to have that shirt in and I don't appreciate that."

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Ha ha no if you wore that shirt in Spring the only thing you would get is publicly congratulated. Also stdh is the idea that anyone that wears that shirt isn't a contrarian rear end in a top hat just raring and ready to get into whatever argument can find them

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Xen Tricks posted:

Ha ha no if you wore that shirt in Spring the only thing you would get is publicly congratulated. Also stdh is the idea that anyone that wears that shirt isn't a contrarian rear end in a top hat just raring and ready to get into whatever argument can find them

the story proves that already. The supposed wearer of the shirt lost no time or anything and is desperate to get a minimum wage worker fired because they got someone else to finish up their checking.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
The BLM blowback racism is such fertile grounds for STDH. I've never seen anything like it.

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

This is my ishouldbeworking.mp3 for stdh.txt

Smashmouth

You have added some much needed unrealism to this story and you really make me *believe* it didn't happen.

Khazar-khum posted:

Victorian

Due to a particularly eventful query on the livejournal community little_details, this troper has of late resolved to only use profanity suitable to Victorian adolescents. Like "dash it!" and "drat" (which I already use copiously), "mercy!" "heavens!", "for shame", "goodness", and "oh, bother!". Less G-rated, we have the appellation/exclamation of "hellnonce!" It has just the right connotations, both blasphemous, sexual and generally abusive to the subject, and— it's just plain fun to say. Come on. Say it.

You can feel the dratted steampunk accessories falling off of their undersized top hat, it's like stepping on a metallic gear in your bare feet. They're so "randomly proper" they probably correct their oh-bothersome fandom appellation/exclamation to "Whomvian".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pretty much all our profanities are centuries old, Victorian teenagers would've been cursing with gently caress and poo poo just like we do.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Libandano Urfam posted:

You can feel the dratted steampunk accessories falling off of their undersized top hat, it's like stepping on a metallic gear in your bare feet. They're so "randomly proper" they probably correct their oh-bothersome fandom appellation/exclamation to "Whomvian".

Dash it all, man, there are women here.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Captain Monkey posted:

the story proves that already. The supposed wearer of the shirt lost no time or anything and is desperate to get a minimum wage worker fired because they got someone else to finish up their checking.

Retail people pass customers around to coworkers regularly. I had a customer passed to me because a guy was being xenophobic to my French coworker, I passed a customer off because she was anti-vax. The key most retail workers realize is that you're still taking money away from that person, so you do the handoff quickly and quietly, like this cashier did. I don't have too much trouble believing some version of this story happened, but I'm sure she really does want that cashier fired.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Honestly, it didn't even seem to me like a pass for morals, "Meredith" might have had something in her cart that the teenager legally couldn't sell her. Like you need to be 18 to buy a knife or large scissors in some states, or cough syrup. The lady was clearly over 18, but if the cashier isn't, the store has an over-18 rover to come and complete the check-out.

She also just doesn't look good. If it's true, she made a teenaged girl nearly cry at work and then she got mad because that made her feel bad. It's like when I watched that documentary about over-eaters and a grown woman described feeling hungry for the first time in her life. This is what guilt feels like, Meredith.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Eponine posted:

Honestly, it didn't even seem to me like a pass for morals, "Meredith" might have had something in her cart that the teenager legally couldn't sell her. Like you need to be 18 to buy a knife or large scissors in some states, or cough syrup. The lady was clearly over 18, but if the cashier isn't, the store has an over-18 rover to come and complete the check-out.

She also just doesn't look good. If it's true, she made a teenaged girl nearly cry at work and then she got mad because that made her feel bad. It's like when I watched that documentary about over-eaters and a grown woman described feeling hungry for the first time in her life. This is what guilt feels like, Meredith.

What documentary?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
No idea, it was years ago and probably some awful Lifetime documentary.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://imgur.com/gallery/omt29

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

These do not seem out of the question for D&D.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

So the first pic is from an average session of FATAL, I take it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

These do not seem out of the question for D&D.

I don't doubt that. They're still all made up for the purpose of posting them on the internet, of course.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ibntumart posted:

I'm pretty sure it's actually the third pic.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Dungeons and Dragons stories are somehow even worse than people telling you about their dreams.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

dads_work_files posted:

Dungeons and Dragons stories are somehow even worse than people telling you about their dreams.

"So I was sitting in the basement with my friends. One of them pretended to do something, then I pretended to do something else. We all rolled some dice and ate cheetos. I'm a wizard."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lots of fine penmenship!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

dads_work_files posted:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that poo poo out. Maybe even 17. The only people who want to hear about your D&D character are the people who were there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The General posted:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that poo poo out. Maybe even 17. The only people who want to hear about your D&D character are the people who were there.

I was stuck in a vestibule for three minutes listening to someone tell someone else about the difficulties of their role-playing character and it made me really thirsty.

e: Or maybe she was talking about an actual Leftist Alliance candidate it's hard to tell.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ibntumart posted:

I want to mail the owner of that first picture and break the bad news that it was actually their DM who did that and should be shamed.

The General posted:

even then i'm ambivalent

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh man the comments on that imgur gallery are so awkward it's making me cringe.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

dads_work_files posted:

This.
And some of them rely on either playing an entirely different game than "advertised" (like the cleric who set their ally on fire rather than healing, the one with the goddess smiting her own cleric), at which point why bother with a story?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Serperoth posted:

This.
And some of them rely on either playing an entirely different game than "advertised" (like the cleric who set their ally on fire rather than healing, the one with the goddess smiting her own cleric), at which point why bother with a story?

That feelsitutation when you've got to post something on the internet but you don't know how to mine for rare pepes or use MS Paint.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Elfgames posted:

I want to mail the owner of that first picture and break the bad news that it was actually their DM who did that and should be shamed.

Who the gently caress is willingly playing in games that are DMed like that? Like....the "got lost in a forest with only one road" thing - who makes players roll to follow a road? People who play nerdgames are so loving dumb 99% of the time.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

Who the gently caress is willingly playing in games that are DMed like that? Like....the "got lost in a forest with only one road" thing - who makes players roll to follow a road? People who play nerdgames are so loving dumb 99% of the time.

Lost in a one road forest I can see. "poo poo guys, gently caress this road it winds around forever. Let's just cut across here and we'll be there in no time flat."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Eh, he wasn't a hippie, but my 10th grade bio teacher, for our lesson on the Mollusca phylum took us all to the home ec room (at the time already defunct in my school) and we spent about 3/4th of that class just having a seafood party, eating like, squid and mussels and stuff.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

food court bailiff posted:

Yeah every time I see these heeee-larious dnd posts I just groan and try to picture the DM that finds these situation clever and funny and good to force on their players.

[insert piss forest comic here]

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah every time I see these heeee-larious dnd posts I just groan and try to picture the DM that finds these situation clever and funny and good to force on their players.

[insert piss forest comic here]

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

The in-flight encounter, according to Cross, began when the sick man, after some initial yells for help, became unresponsive, prompting a flight attendant to shout, "Call overhead for a physician onboard." As Dr. Cross recounts on her Facebook posting:

"I raised my hand to grab her attention. She said to me, 'Oh no, sweetie. Put your hand down. We are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel. We don't have time to talk to you.'

"I tried to inform her that I was a physician but I was continually cut off by condescending remarks. Then, overhead they paged 'any physician onboard, please press your button.' I stare at her as I go to press my button. She said, "Oh, wow, you're an actual physician?' I reply yes. She said, 'Let me see your credentials. What type of doctor are you? Where do you work? Why were you in Detroit?'

"I respond, ob-gyn, work in Houston, in Detroit for a wedding, but believe it or not, they DO HAVE doctors in Detroit. Now excuse me so I can help the man in need."

And then everyone on the flight applauded.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2016/10/13/black-doctor-charges-bias-delta-flight-dtw/92026976/

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Choco1980 posted:

Eh, he wasn't a hippie, but my 10th grade bio teacher, for our lesson on the Mollusca phylum took us all to the home ec room (at the time already defunct in my school) and we spent about 3/4th of that class just having a seafood party, eating like, squid and mussels and stuff.

Everything I dissected in school was soaked in formaldehyde.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
I'm sure many of my fellow young, corporate America working women of color can all understand my frustration when I say I'm sick of being disrespected.

Was on Delta flight DL945 and someone 2 rows in front of me was screaming for help. Her husband was unresponsive. I naturally jumped into Doctor mode as no one else was getting up. Unbuckle my seatbelt and throw my tray table up and as I'm about to stand up, flight attendant says "everyone stay calm, it's just a night terror, he is alright". I continue to watch the scene closely.

A couple mins later he is unresponsive again and the flight attendant yells "call overhead for a physician on board". I raised my hand to grab her attention. She said to me "oh no sweetie put ur hand down, we are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel, we don't have time to talk to you" I tried to inform her that I was a physician but I was continually cut off by condescending remarks.

Then overhead they paged "any physician on board please press your button". I stare at her as I go to press my button. She said "oh wow you're an actual physician?" I reply yes. She said "let me see your credentials. What type of Doctor are you? Where do you work? Why were you in Detroit?" (Please remember this man is still in need of help and she is blocking my row from even standing up while
Bombarding me with questions).

I respond "OBGYN, work in Houston, in Detroit for a wedding, but believe it or not they DO HAVE doctors in Detroit. Now excuse me so I can help the man in need". Another "seasoned" white male approaches the row and says he is a physician as well. She says to me "thanks for your help but he can help us, and he has his credentials". (Mind you he hasn't shown anything to her. Just showed up and fit the "description of a doctor") I stay seated. Mind blown. Blood boiling. (Man is responding the his questions and is seemingly better now Thank God)

Then this heifer has the nerve to ask for my input on what to do next about 10 mins later. I tell her we need vitals and blood sugar. She comes back to report to me a BP of 80/50 (super low, to my non medical peeps) and they can't find a glucometer. We continue down that pathway of medical work up, but the point is she needed my help and I continued to help despite the choice words I had saved up for her. The patient and his wife weren't the problem, they needed help and we were mid flight.

She came and apologized to me several times and offering me skymiles. I kindly refused. This is going higher than her. I don't want skymiles in exchange for blatant discrimination. Whether this was race, age, gender discrimination, it's not right. She will not get away with this....and I will still get my skymiles....

"Her Facebook post has received over 12,000 reactions and has been shared nearly 5,000 times."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
2 posts up?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fathis Munk posted:

2 posts up?

Nah, that post didn't happen.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Lol i dun goofed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012