Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

axleblaze posted:

Apparently Amazon ordered more episodes of The Tick so :woop:
We did it everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

axleblaze posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

YES

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That's great. My sole Amazon review is five stars for the tick.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I should add that I did finally watch the pilot and it was indeed great. I was worried when they said they wanted to take it in a darker direction but the grim almost Snyder-esque superhero world combined with extreme goofiness of The Tick characters was an oddly perfect combination.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

axleblaze posted:

SPOOOOOONNNNN!

Did anyone end up making a thread for The Tick?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
As a fan of both The Tick and Peter Serafinowicz I am chuffed.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Yes!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
So un-Tick related (yay), but there's a Venture Bros panel at NYCC next week. Either they may have something or it'll be another 45 min of them talking about their dicks

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'll be there to report

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

So un-Tick related (yay), but there's a Venture Bros panel at NYCC next week. Either they may have something or it'll be another 45 min of them talking about their dicks

I went to their NYCC panel before season 3 premiered and it was the best panel ever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Unmature posted:

I went to their NYCC panel before season 3 premiered and it was the best panel ever.

So this will be mediocre.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Spoonsy posted:

what did they have to say about their dicks? tell to me the doc and publick dick facts please

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I bought all the DVDs/Blus just so I could listen to the commentaries of them loving around. It's like the best podcast ever. The NYCC appearances are basically an episode of that podcast.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Reminder that Season 6 is released on blu-ray on Tuesday.

I'm still rather pumped that they aren't dragging their feet this time around. Normally I wouldn't expect these discs until March or April.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I bought all the DVDs/Blus just so I could listen to the commentaries of them loving around. It's like the best podcast ever. The NYCC appearances are basically an episode of that podcast.
What's your favorite? I only listened to those for season 4 and I think my favorite commentary was for "The Better One" when Hammer recounted the thing about calling H. Jon Benjamin a bear and then later on an otter.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Picked up season 6 at Best Buy today - I got the last one they had left. Why the hell do they only order 2-3 per store?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Red posted:

Picked up season 6 at Best Buy today - I got the last one they had left. Why the hell do they only order 2-3 per store?

Much like this show's insane attention to quality, Doc burns and prints each disc personally, and Jackson shrink-wraps and boxes them individually and hand-delivers them to each store.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
no idea how facebook live streaming works, but vulture is streaming doc and jackson live right now.

https://www.facebook.com/Vulture/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Late next year" is their estimate for season 7 according to that video.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
2019 cannot come soon enough.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

feedmyleg posted:

"Late next year" is their estimate for season 7 according to that video.

I'll believe it when there's a special early to middle next year.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Which will come in the form of a ten minute webisode.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I hope next season has an actual season finale that resolves even one storyline they set up for it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hey hank found love.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I was at NYCC this weekend and tried to get a photo of this group of Venture Bros cosplayers but Doc Venture had already walked off behind the bar

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Venture Bros cosplay has an alarming tendency to be really really good.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Orpheus even got the Dracula trophy right.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

I was at NYCC this weekend and tried to get a photo of this group of Venture Bros cosplayers but Doc Venture had already walked off behind the bar

What kind of horrible doctail did he make?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I went as season 4 (?) Brock-jacketed Hank on Thursday, but I kinda half assed it because I was sick.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If anyone wants an Ultraviolet code for season 6

JV2F27C627MV

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

feedmyleg posted:

If anyone wants an Ultraviolet code for season 6

JV2F27C627MV

Already taken but thanks anyway.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So it seems like the first five seasons of Venture Bros is on Hulu Plus. So I have started binging the series.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Did anyone figure out what the documentary was for people dressing their dogs in costumes they mention in the commentary for Red Means Stop?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Guy A. Person posted:

I hope next season has an actual season finale that resolves even one storyline they set up for it.

I recently watched Operation P.R.O.M. again and I realized they already made the best possible finale ever so I guess why bother trying to making another one?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Gatekeeper posted:

I recently watched Operation P.R.O.M. again and I realized they already made the best possible finale ever so I guess why bother trying to making another one?

I agree but it is pretty dissapointing that they've pretty much skipped this step 2 seasons in a row now (Gargantua 2 doesn't count).

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
This article has links to two panels, one at Dragon Con and the other at the New York Comic Con :

http://mantiseye.com/news/2016/10/convention_catchup

It will take me a long time to get used to Doc Hammer's latest look. I think I preferred the skunk stripe to the solid white.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
According to that NYCC panel, the Art of the Venture Bros book being put out by Dark Horse is now much more of a behind the scenes book than the straight-up art book it was originally going to be.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

feedmyleg posted:

According to that NYCC panel, the Art of the Venture Bros book being put out by Dark Horse is now much more of a behind the scenes book than the straight-up art book it was originally going to be.

It's a big dumb nerd fantasy of mine that after the run of the show, it transitions to Dark Horse style comics. Hope these things sell well!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh it didn't get canceled? Maybe I still have my pre order on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Will it be out in time for Christmas, or is this following the show's schedule of 'probably some time next year, maybe'?