Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Put Zappa in you freaking buttholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

it makes more sense to make different chars that use similar mechanics.
robo-ky was already in revelator's story mode, they're going to add him before they add people that haven't been mentioned or shown up yet like aba and bridget. He already has a model made for one thing.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Endorph posted:

robo-ky was already in revelator's story mode, they're going to add him before they add people that haven't been mentioned or shown up yet like aba and bridget. He already has a model made for one thing.

rky is perfect in reload. bring back reload rky except with slowdown when I shoot missiles

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

rky is perfect in reload. bring back reload rky except with slowdown when I shoot missiles

same

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Commissar Ken posted:

Even if you really didn't like the witch time mechanic it's still a 9/10 game. Stop being crazy.

I never stated that it wasn't. I stated the exact opposite.

Speaking of the Wii stuff, would I sound like a dumbass if I said that the Wii was a good console for fighting games and had potential to be an incredible one? Not only did it have all the Neo Geo ports, but it also had some arcade ports, and the latest version of Guilty Gear XX. Not to mention, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 14, 2016

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Brosnan posted:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Brosnan posted:

i don't think he'd fit lol

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I never stated that it wasn't. I stated the exact opposite.

Speaking of the Wii stuff, would I sound like a dumbass if I said that the Wii was a good console for fighting games and had potential to be an incredible one? Not only did it have all the Neo Geo ports, but it also had some arcade ports, and the latest version of Guilty Gear XX. Not to mention, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Thats not what an opposite is, friend. As for the wii stuff I thought it was the neatest thing in the world that the wii shop had all the arcade roms for KOF up till like 99 and some Fatal Fury, AOF and SamSho ones too. Between that and the Metal Slug anthology you had a ton of available old SNK stuff.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

Thats not what an opposite is, friend. As for the wii stuff I thought it was the neatest thing in the world that the wii shop had all the arcade roms for KOF up till like 99 and some Fatal Fury, AOF and SamSho ones too. Between that and the Metal Slug anthology you had a ton of available old SNK stuff.

Metal Slug Anthology is a game you never ever sell, that had everything on it even the one with Ralf and Clark

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lol at this twitter

https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/786514418716643328

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Reiley posted:

Metal Slug Anthology is a game you never ever sell, that had everything on it even the one with Ralf and Clark

I haven't played Metal Slug 6 or 7 yet but the fact that you can run around doing Argentine Backbreakers with Clark makes them sound like scientifically the best games ever.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

RKy in reload was a loving cancer

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Reload robo is a really stupid character but that's OK because I played him. So just dump him in Xrd so he gets stuff like bazooka yrc and missile yrc, sounds good to me.

Only problem is that he just won't be the same without 5H frc, now that was a button that felt good to press.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

RKy in reload was a loving cancer

but I played him

no 5h frc is big... and honestly the power creep in the series is so big, reload rky isn't that egregious in a game like xrd with elf and whatever they did to sol...

Zand fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 15, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Elphelt wishes her fS was as good as #R RKy's

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
What happened to Dizzy. Everyone told me YRC + Dizzy would destroy the game, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

They butchered everything that made her good in previous versions

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

no frc ice spike might be even worse for her than no frc chain for axl

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Reiley posted:

Can you play on one console with two TVs and two regular controllers? I remember it being one player gets the TV and the other has to play on the gamepad screen, which is not so good.

Late reply, but no one player gets the gamepad screen the other gets the TV. I have no problem with that arrangement and think it plays to the systems strengths, the problem is that the pad-screen player cant use another controller, they must use the U pad. Considering that the game is designed for a similar controller its not exactly the end of the world but its a real lovely oversight.

Its also lovely how LAN is built into the game but is only accessible through a secret code.

Nintendo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't that a Bamco joint. Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with it probably

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In Training posted:

Isn't that a Bamco joint. Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with it probably

Ah youre right. Now I'm just more baffled.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game is made by bamco but nintendo probably had final say on how it would use the console's features

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Brosnan posted:

Put Akuma in you freaking buttholes

Put Akuma in all the games save SFV imo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What's Akuma's backstory in Guilty Gear?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Saoshyant posted:

He got pulled into the Guilty Gear world by I-No

there, now akuma can be in GG

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You aren't taking this seriously. If Harada did, Daisuke must as well. :colbert:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Akuma was rockin some sick beats at some killer night club when suddenly his super kick sounds blasted a hole in the fabric of space time. Akuma stepped through and suddenly started fighting Sol. They then became best pals and bought motor cycles together.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Saoshyant posted:

You aren't taking this seriously. If Harada did, Daisuke must as well. :colbert:

No, Daisuke will bend down so Harada can shove money up his anus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

No, Daisuke will bend down so Harada can shove money up his anus.

what a heavy day

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think, Guilty Gear takes place in the future, so naturally Akuma gets frozen in a glacier and then gets thawed out when Japan gets blown up and now he's pissed.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
akuma isn't a nationalist

all he cares about is a good fight

thats why he becomes good friends with sol and co.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

would raging demon be an IK or a regular super

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would have to be a regular super so people actually use it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

the same as it is in all of his other appearances:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
akuma would have even less hp than chipp

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

the same as it is in all of his other appearances:

N i c e

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

It would have to be a regular super so people actually use it

Make it an IK and also make his IK be actually good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just make it like dmitiri

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
New Punch the Ballot poll is up!

EDIT - 2nd Round poll is up.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Taito announced the successor to their Nesica arcade hardware, Nesica x Live 2: it'll be released next year sometime and it'll feature online play between different game centers, similar to Tekken 7. The companies that have pledged support include Arc System Works, Square-Enix, French Bread (Melty Blood, Under Night, Dengeki Bunko), G.rev (Senko no Ronde), FK Digital (Chaos Code) and Examu (Arcana Heart, Nitroplus), and they've also confirmed that KOF14 will be a launch title for the new hardware.

FK Digital also announced a new Chaos Code game for next year, titled "New Chaos Code", and the PS4 port of the current game (New Signs of Catastrophe) comes out in Japan next month.

Also, Capcom's bringing SF5 PC to arcades.