Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Grandicap posted:

I would switch to taste with zero qualms, but feel good starting with AR.

## vote AR

Likewise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm back home. I did not realize the deadline was so soon.

Gonna hammer AR if there are no objections.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I object!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote AR :redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Absurd Revolver (4): Birdstrike, Grandicap, Hats, Ninth

Tremendous Taste (2): PMom, AR

Pinterest Mom (1): TremTa

:h: With 7 alive it took 4 to execute.

===============

On the third day the villagers sent Absurd Revolver to the stake. He said crazy things and seemed to be only barely paying attention to the conflict, as if he had something to hide!
But in truth all he hid was his own incompetence.

:s: Absurd Revolver, Jetzi, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), was executed Day 4. :s:

It is now Night 4!
You have 12 hours to submit your actions! But actually! If it's 12 hours from this post (and I am awake) and you still have not submitted your actions will be forfeited! No more mr. nice ecco!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
On the fifth day of the conflict the village awoke to find another of their own had been murdered. It was Birdstrike, who always had a vague smell of hops about him. Some mistrusted his intentions since he had been seen in the past cavorting with the nuns, offering them beer and ale, but checking his home reveals he was only being kind - he would never align himself with murderers.

(Except for the village-backed murderers, which you all are, but that's immaterial.)

:s: Birdstrike, Aza, Brewer (town-aligned faith healer), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5.
:h: With 5 alive it takes 3 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: SUNDAY, October 16th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / ~2PM (Monday) AEDT. Welcome back to another weekend, try to keep the posting up!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

JAIIIIIIILEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!! :argh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote pmom

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
:ghost:welp good luck losing:ghost:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Welcome to LYLO, everyone! I'm Hats, and I'll be your host for tonight (not tomorrow night though on account of I will almost certainly be dead).

First, a quick rundown of our setup: short of any claims still to come, we've got a doctor, a vanilla town, a town who may have had a 1-shot vig who took out Max (if there's an alternative explanation I'm all ears), a 3P SK, and a Scum Jailer.

Our remaining roster:

The Lord of Hats - That's me! I'm the doctor! N3 I tried to protect Birdstrike, but he was jailed. N4 I tried to protect him again, but I was jailed.

TNL - TNL was jailed on a night where the SK and scum NK both happened, and correctly confirmed the flavor at the time. I'm going to call that confirmed town at this point.

Grandicap - I'm leaning town here, but I don't really have evidence to back it up. He was in an unconfirmed masonry with Dongsbot, who flipped naïve cop after being hit by the SK. He did say that Dongsbot had speculated in the masondoc that he was naïve. I can see him as SK, but not so much as scum. Not my first pick right now.

Pmom - Has been acting pretty suspiciously for a long time, has particularly been riding cases on myself and on Birdstrike. I'm liking him for scum.

TremTa - Low content posting mostly, before coming out on me, although he never ultimately followed that up with a vote, instead voting Pmom.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, if there is 1 scum and 1 sk left, then all of my speculation from yesterday still exists. Killing either drops the number of potential kills from 2 to 1. And we kill the remaining tomorrow, just mop up at that point. If there are 2 scum and 1 sk left that is a little shittier. We would have to rely on NKs to have the SK or the scum target eachother tonight to win, and the only way that would happen is if we hit the scum today.

I think the scum and SK are taste and PMom. I am not willing to vote outside of those 2 without some drat good reasoning.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I don't have a power outside of mason.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Welcome to LYLO, everyone! I'm Hats, and I'll be your host for tonight (not tomorrow night though on account of I will almost certainly be dead).

First, a quick rundown of our setup: short of any claims still to come, we've got a doctor, a vanilla town, a town who may have had a 1-shot vig who took out Max (if there's an alternative explanation I'm all ears), a 3P SK, and a Scum Jailer.

Our remaining roster:

The Lord of Hats - That's me! I'm the doctor! N3 I tried to protect Birdstrike, but he was jailed. N4 I tried to protect him again, but I was jailed.

TNL - TNL was jailed on a night where the SK and scum NK both happened, and correctly confirmed the flavor at the time. I'm going to call that confirmed town at this point.

Grandicap - I'm leaning town here, but I don't really have evidence to back it up. He was in an unconfirmed masonry with Dongsbot, who flipped naïve cop after being hit by the SK. He did say that Dongsbot had speculated in the masondoc that he was naïve. I can see him as SK, but not so much as scum. Not my first pick right now.

Pmom - Has been acting pretty suspiciously for a long time, has particularly been riding cases on myself and on Birdstrike. I'm liking him for scum.

TremTa - Low content posting mostly, before coming out on me, although he never ultimately followed that up with a vote, instead voting Pmom.

I think you made bad posts. I think pmom has played worse.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote

actually, it might be grandi too, idk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grandi seems to be leaning very heavily on setup spec to generate content this game and has just been throwing out votes. "I'll only vote Taste or Pmom" is kind of an easy bit of agenda-setting for today

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Grandi seems to be leaning very heavily on setup spec to generate content this game and has just been throwing out votes. "I'll only vote Taste or Pmom" is kind of an easy bit of agenda-setting for today

Who else is he supposed to vote, though? I mean, the other options for him are me and TNL, and we both have night action results backing us up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hmm, yeah, I suppose that's fair. I'm still uneasy about the setup spec, tho.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Atomic Soda (2): Birdstrike, Somber
The Lord of Hats (2): AS, Grandicap

The Ninth Layer (1): Absurd Revolver
Birdstrike (1): Hats
Pinterest Mom (1): Somber, TremTa, -Somber

:h: 9 alive, 5 to execute.
:d: Deadline is in 2 hours from this post.

Not Voting: PMom, TNL

Grandicap posted:

Putting my kid to bed, but not participating in another no lynch. SHould be back well before deadline (30ish minutes?)

##unvote
##vote Atomic Soda

Grandi did move onto AS when it counted, though. Yeah, it's Taste. ##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pmom started to make an effort now weird

I however will maintain my lack of effort as vt demands

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I've given it some thought, and I think that between TremTa and PMom, I don't see a huge difference in scumminess levels, and it's likely they're both non-town. That said, if I end up being wrong, I would rather end up being wrong with ##vote TremTa than wrong voting PMom.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I agree.

##vote Taste

:redhammer:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Lookin' forward to seeing you all next game, one way or another I don't think I get another vote in this one.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Thank you all for your restraint!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The villagers limply went to executed Tremendous Taste, aka Jonathan Fisk, aka Gari the Farmer. He had had a grudge against a few of the villagers and many felt like he had not contributed enough to fight the witch menace. He died as he lived - shrugging apathetically.

:s: Tremendous Taste, Gari, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), was executed Day 5. :s:

And so there were four. Grandicap and The Lord of Hats started to walk to their respective homes when they were stopped by Ninth and Pinterest. Pin took out a dagger, while Ninth floated her hands and fingers in a small circle in front of her face, muttering silently, as if casting a spell. Pinterest was the first to speak:
"You are all fools. Your sacrifices will be pleasing to the Goddesses."
"Please don't hurt us," Hats shouted. "I never wanted to harm you. I wasn't there when they burned your home. It was an atrocity, I should not be punished like the rest of them."
Grandicap pleaded his case too: "I'm not from here, I just popped my head into town for a couple of days to play some music. I'm from four towns over. I just got roped in like he did!"
Ninth and Pin looked at each other, then back to the two of them. Ninth, an ancient woman, lowered her hands and told the two of them of her pain. "The women your town murdered were my friends. They were my sisters, my daughters. I loved them as if they were the fruits of my body. You murdered them, all of them! I still hear their screams echoing in my skull, I see my home in flames when I close my eyes, I feel the cleansing fire of Death burn within me. You cannot know what I have felt! We deserve vengeance! Each and every one of you deserves to die!"
"I know how you feel," Hats said. "I truly do. This man," gesturing to Grandicap, "isn't from here. I am the last one in the village. Everyone I have ever known my whole life is now dead - the mayor, the miller, the farmers, my apprentice. They were taken from me, too. I have never left this village, let alone this valley - I am truly alone, now. You deserve your vengeance against those who lifted their hands against you unjustly - they all deserve to die. But I am not one of them. Please," Hats started to cry, "I beg you. Spare me."
"Me too!" Grandi chimed in.
Ninth closed her eyes and started breathing heavily. She started to shake, and soon she too was crying. Pinterest dropped her dagger to rush over to Ninth, cradling her in Pin's long arms and holding her head to Pin's narrow chest. Grandicap took this opportunity to exit as fast as he could, never to be seen in the valley again.

Grandicap, Jena, Pauper (town-aligned mason), was endgamed day 5.

When the crying finished, Ninth and Pin stood up and looked at Hats, who was shivering with fear. Ninth whispered to Pin's ear, who repeated what she said to Hats: "Mother Piata says that you may live, but that your life of wickedness must end. You must give yourself, entirely, to us. This village must be torn down, its corpses burned. You will help us build a new convent. In exchange, you may keep your life and your smithing."
Hats nodded in agreement.
"We will also need your manhood."
"Wait, wha-"

The Lord of Hats, Arbaza, Blacksmith (town-aligned backup doctor), was endgamed (and lost his dingle) day 5.

A year later the little corner of the valley looked as peaceful it had ever been. The trees were still lush and verdant, the sky was still overcast, the rains still fell. The violence that had ripped this place a year ago seemed like a distant memory or a bad dream. The town was torn down as promised, replaced with a series of barns and shacks placed in a semicircle around a simple chapel at the crest of a hill. On this morning rows of nuns wearing brown and blue robes with thick hoods filed two by two into the chapel, singing their cold chants. Farmers were in their fields already doing their chores. A cook from Kirane was preparing a tomato soup for the sisters, while Arbaza, with a mug of warm mead in his hand, opened his forge to begin another day. At the gate to the community Sister Tybalt waved at an approaching merchant from Arrentia, hoping to exchange twelve bushels of wheat in exchange for a load of iron bars and paper. In the chapel Mother Piata sat alongside the altar, waiting to begin morning prayers.

This valley had been the same for over a thousand years, but now it had changed, as all things invariably do. This community of faith, forged from the fires of hatred and violence, these souls who have dedicated their lives to connecting to the Infinite by living simply and peacefully, they all knew that this, too, would some day come to pass. And yet, to these nuns of Nolaisko, they prayed that maybe it would take another thousand years before that'd happen.

:catholic:
The Ninth Layer, Mother Piata, Mother Superior (mafia-aligned watcher); and
Pinterest Mom, Sister Tybalt, Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon)...
...have won the game for all mafia-aligned players.

The game is over!
The Mafia has won!
The Town has lost!
There are no third parties, hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Nuns of Nolaisko

A Game for 15 players

- 4 mafia
--- 1 godfather mason (w/Town Mason below). Unconfirmed. Also has a two-shot assassin kill (can be used at any night, doubled up with the normal kill, removes GF and then kills player)
--- 1 watcher/jailer (jails target, sees all who would have targeted player)
--- 2 goons

- 11 town
--- 1 lurker daykiller: day 2 onwards can ##kill once a day, twice total. The kill is X% successful where X is the difference between their posts and mine (need to figure out an exact algorithm since I posted so much in my own thread pre-game).
--- 1 cop mason, unconfirmed. Sane. w/godfather.
--- 1 cop mason, unconfirmed. Naive. w/town mason.
--- 1 town mason, unconfirmed, w/naive cop.
--- 1 doctor
--- 1 backup doctor
--- 1 faith healer/BG (if their target is selected for the kill, 50% chance the kill is blocked, 50% chance the faith healer dies instead and the kill is revealed)
--- 4 Vanillas

===========

Player List:

1) Max - Sister Artoa - Laiskadun Nun (mafia-aligned godfather) fake flavor: Artoa, baker
2) The Ninth Layer - Mother Piata - Mother Superior (mafia-aligned watcher) fake flavor: Silex, hunter
3) Atomic Soda - Sister Juliana - Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon) fake flavor: Astigara, farmer
4) Pinterest Mom - Sister Tybalt - Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon) fake flavor: Ezkur, farmer
5) TMMadman - Tamotea - Deputy Mayor (town-aligned daykiller)
6) Propaganda Machine - Irina - Miller (town-aligned sane cop)
7) dongsbot - Beren - Village Elder (town-aligned naive cop)
8) Grandicap - Jena - Pauper (town-aligned mason)
9) Jimsonthebetrayer - Ogi - Apothecary (town-aligned doctor)
10) The Lord of Hats - Arbaza - Blacksmith (town-aligned backup doctor)
11) Birdstrike - Aza - Brewer (town-aligned faith healer)
12) Somberbrero - Gazta - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
13) Tremendous Taste - Gari - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
14) Absurd Revolver - Jetzi - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
15) Tobbs Gnawed - Azena - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)

==================

Day 1:
Town executes Tobbs

Night 1:
Max uses one-shot assassin on TMM
Ninth watches/jails Birdstrike
AS kills Prop
Prop sanevestigates Max (SCUM but she dies)
dongs naivestigates Max (TOWN)
Jimson protects dongsbot
Birdstrike faithguards Jimson (fails! jailed)

Day 2:
Town fails to execute!

Night 2:
Max kills Jimson (I'll allow it.)
Ninth watchjails Jimson (LOL) (AN UNSTOPPABLE OBJECT HAS MET AN IMMOVABLE WALL OH GOODNESS)
AS kills dongs (succeeds, jimson is jailed)
dongs naivestigates Max (TOWN)
Jimson protects dongsbot (FAILS, jailed)
Birdstrike faithguards Somber

Day 3:
Town executes Soda

Night 3:
Ninth watchjails Birdstrike
PMom kills Somber
Hats protects Birdstrike (FAILS, jailed!)
Birdstrike faithguards Hats (FAILS, jailed!)

Day 4:
Town executes AR

Night 4:
Ninth watchjails Hats
PMom kills Birdstrike
Hats protects Birdstrike (fails)
Birdstrike faithguards Hats (fails)

Day 5:
Town executes Taste

GAME OVER

MAFIA WIN

==================

ROLE PMs:

Max - Sister Artoa - Laiskadun Nun (mafia-aligned godfather) . . . . . . . . . . fake flavor: Artoa, baker
You made a huge mistake.
A few years ago at divinity school you proposed the creation of a new convent in your homeland, the valley of Nolaisko. You missed its rolling green hills, thick mossy trees, chilly foggy mornings, and constant gloomy rains. As much as you loved this life of dedication for the Goddesses, if you could do it near your home you would truly be at peace. You gained permission and funding from your Kyria as long as your arranged the entire endeavor. Few of your sisters wanted to live in a "savage backwater," but your mentor, Mother Piata, convinced a dozen of her students to explore the unknown with you.
The new "convent" was an old, dillapidated barn at the end of a long gully, a mile outside a small town. Your sisters spent months rehabilitating the barn, turning the first level into a chapel, furnishing alcoves into bedchambers, and even building a kitchen and dining hall out of a nearby shack. It was a labor of love, and the final product was a convent that was cozy and rustic and a perfect place to start a new life as an ordained Sister of Asi'ina.
Late one night you were in the chapel with three other sisters doing your nightly oblations while the others slept. You and the lower nuns were chanting prayers for the three goddesses - Love, Death, and Wisdom - while Mother Piata watched, ringing a bell every hour in accordance with tradition. Suddenly you smelled smoke. Within seconds the entire convent was on fire. Only you, Mother Piata, and the two other nuns managed to escape alive - you still hear the screams of your immolated sisters echoing in your skull whenever you close your eyes.
The villagers in town quickly took credit for their crime - you knew your people would be cautious of outsiders, but you never thought they'd murder over a dozen innocent women from their fear and hatred. You devoted your life to the Goddesses, but now the pain inside you is so great that Wisdom and Love have been snuffed. Standing before the smoldering ashes of your old life, inside your heart burns one vow: a prayer to Death, that she may guide your hands to justice.

You are a mafioso! You seek to destroy the village that murdered your fellow sisters, and as such win when only mafia-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread freely. Your scumteam consists of: Max, Ninth, Atomic Soda, and Pinterest Mom. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and may freely talk OOT. You all have a collective standard nightkill that one of you may perform in lieu of other night actions.
You specifically are a native Laiskadun. You arranged to place a convent here in this country, and you feel responsible for bringing your sisters into harm's way in the first place. Luckily, being a native, anyone who tries to interrogate you (or otherwise investigate your identity) will think you are a local, rather than a strange and frightening foreigner. (GODFATHER)
Furthermore, to help fund the construction of the convent, you worked part-time as a baker in the town (without your habit, of course). This led you to becoming friends with the town miller, Irina (Propaganda Machine). You and her can communicate freely throughout the game. Irina does not know you are a nun - she will be told you're both simply unconfirmed masons - and it would be wise to keep that information from her, especially since she isn't an ordinary farmer... (UNCONFIRMED MASONRY)
Finally, your vow to the Goddess of Death has taught you a spell, a primal and powerful curse that connects to the very divine roots of existence itself and tears it asunder. During the night you may target a player in the game with this spell - that player will be burned alive from the inside out, with a sigil charred into their flesh marking their sacrifice to Death. This kill is unstoppable by any means, doctor or otherwise, however it can still be seen by trackers and watchers. This kill can be performed in addition to your team's standard nightkill (e.g. two kills in one night). You may only cast this spell twice. The first time you use it, you lose your godfather status (as it leaves scars all over your body that are very suspicious). The second time you use it, you will die. (TWO-SHOT ASSASSIN)
For purposes of your flip you are simply a godfather and you are mafia-aligned.

Good luck!

Here is a fakeclaim if you need it:
Max - Artoa - Baker (town-aligned mason)
You are a humble baker for the village; you are up before dawn every day to make enough bread to feed the hungry villagers, and you sleep soundly at night knowing you have earned it through another hard day's work. Then, one day, these strange and uncomfortable women moved onto the outskirts of town. They wore strange clothes, spoke strange tongues, and generally felt less like visitors and more like invaders. When a local child disappeared, found butchered near the convent, you and the rest of the villagers had to take action - you torched their wicked convent to the ground, killing them all inside. Or so you thought. It seems some of them escaped, and have now inserted themselves into the village, taking their revenge one soul at a time...
You are a townie! You seek to clear your town of the Arrentish demons who are murdering you from within, and as such win when only town-aligned players are in the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also the town's baker, which means you have forged a friendship with the local miller, Irina (Propaganda Machine). The two of you may speak freely OOT. However, you are not certain of her alignment.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned.

The Ninth Layer - Mother Piata - Mother Superior (mafia-aligned watcher) . . . . . . . . . . fake flavor: Silex, shepherd
Devotion to the Goddesses is the highest virtue one can have in life. To the Arrentish, there are only three goddesses, though in other cultures they take many forms: Love, Death, and Wisdom. The story goes that Love and Death, at odds for countless eternities, one day coupled, birthing Wisdom. Wisdom brought peace to her two mothers, and thus unified they planted their seeds throughout the earth, creating trees and plants and all flora imaginable. From the intermingling of those plants came all the animals: the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, and the horses and cattle on the ground. In this great flourishing of life, each the products of Love and Death and Wisdom, came forth Man. To worship the Goddesses, then, is to honor our mothers and grandmothers and every womb above us that brought us forth into existence.
You pledged yourself to the consecrated life generations ago, and now you are old and weary. One day you were teaching theology at a prestigious divinity college, and when one of your pupils suggested founding a convent in a remote, idyllic countryside. You said you'd not only support her, but sign on as their Mother Superior - it'd be a perfect retirement. The convent your pupil chose was an old barn, but with some minor carpentry and a lot of hard work, you and a dozen other sisters managed to turn it into a home.
Things seemed peaceful enough for a while; you and the rest of the sisters largely kept to yourselves, and the few times the villagers came to bother your solitude you politely turned them away. Then one night the villagers set your entire convent on fire. Only you and three of your sisters managed to escape alive. Now they are vowing revenge, looking to sacrifice the entire town to Death. Such devotion! Such piety! You are happy to oblige them.

You are a mafioso! You seek to destroy the village that murdered your fellow sisters, and as such win when only mafia-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread freely. Your scumteam consists of: Max, Ninth, Atomic Soda, and Pinterest Mom. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and may freely talk OOT. You all have a collective standard nightkill that one of you may perform in lieu of other night actions.
Additionally you are the Mother Superior over the convent, in charge of keeping the other nuns in line. Though you may be old, your eyes are as sharp as ever, as is your mind. During the night you may target a player in the game and cast a special disabling spell on them - they will become completely immobile, unable to perform any actions at night, and a general stupefying field around them causes all actions that target them to fail as well. (JAILOR) Furthermore, the spell's field acts as a kind of magickal eyesight, and all who enter it will be revealed to you: you will be told all who target your target during the night. (WATCHER)
For purposes of your flip you are simply a watcher and you are mafia-aligned.

Atomic Soda - Sister Juliana - Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon) . . . . . . . . . . fake flavor: Astigara, farmer
You were an orphan, left to a convent in Arrentia as a baby by unknown parents of presumably meager means. You were raised in the faith of the Goddesses, and though in your youth you longed for a real family, you soon learned that the world-wide-web of monks and nuns and priestesses and scholars are like a family of their own. You can go to any town in the Empire and as long as you are wearing your brown and blue habit strangers give you respect, and other followers of the consecrated life call you "sister" as they are your brothers and Mothers. Now that you have come of age, there is nothing more for which you could ask: have family the world over. Truly you lead a blessed life.
You were in a divinity college studying theology when your mentor, Mother Piata, asked you to join her and a dozen other nuns to found a new convent in a remote, untouched corner of the Imperia. You jumped at the chance, eager to spread the Goddesses and their message of peace and order to all. Things were rough at first - your new convent was an old barn, and even after it was made liveable it still had the vague smell of horse manure - but given time all things pass, and soon you and your sisters had it feeling like home.
Everything changed when the villagers attacked. You're not sure why, but the Laiskadun in this valley have always hated you and your sisters for no reason other than because you were foreign. Late one night that xenophobia must have burst into a furious rage, and your entire convent was burned to the ground. Only you, Mother Piata, and two other nuns managed to survive.
As a nun, you have been taught to always preach the promise of peace, the gift of Wisdom, from whom all living things descend. But sometimes peace fails; when that happens, only Death can bring justice.

You have no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

Pinterest Mom - Sister Tybalt - Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon) . . . . . . . . . . fake flavor: Ezkur, farmer
"There is no greater tragedy than a perfectly fine family cursed with men." So the saying goes; in Arrentia and throughout the Imperia men are rightly considered burdens. They are too violent and poor-tempered to be good leaders or advisors, most are too foolish and reckless to make good merchants or priests, and all but a few are so incapable of understanding their own emotions and desires. Really, their only use is for breeding and looking handsome. A noble family that has borne nothing but boys is a family extinguished, a legacy ended.
You were such a boy: you were the fourthborn of four, all male. Ordinarily you would be married off to a powerful or wealthy woman to help ease your family's descent into oblivion, but pickings were slim and only your three older brothers had that privilege. Instead, you were offered to the Faith, where you were compelled to abandon your family name, make a vow of celibacy, and begin studying meditation and magicka. When you reached puberty you requested the Kyria to become a
eunouchos kalogria, and with her permission you had yourself castrated and declared a nun. Subsequently you joined the Sisters of the Order of St. Asi'ina. You no longer feel like a worthless burden to those you love; now you are a sister of the Goddesses, and through a life of prayer and contemplation, you feel inside you a peace you have never before known.
Last year you moved with a dozen other nuns to the sleepy valley of Nolaisko, and things seemed to be working out well for you - you had a comfortable bed, regular meals, a warm convent, and beautiful scenery. But something terrible must have happened between the nuns and villagers: late one night, as you were conducting your nightly oblations, the villagers attacked. They burned down your convent, scarring you severely in the process. Only you and three others survived the blaze. The tranquility inside you has now been transformed into a roaring flame of rage.
As it says in scriptures, "life may only exist with the promise of death. There is no peace if there is no death, and there is no justice if there is no peace. Therefore, you who seek peace, seek Wisdom. But you who seek justice, seek Death."

You have no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

TMMadman - Tamotea - Deputy Mayor (town-aligned lurker dayvig)
Nolaisko used to be such a peaceful valley. Your town was a place where everyone knew everyone's name, where everyone had a place and a purpose, and everyone was happy to live up to that purpose in harmony with one another. While the rest of the world burned, as River Kings vied for power slaughtering one another only to be butchered by foreign legions, as chaos continued to envelop every corner of the map, Nolaisko was quiet. The Laiskadun happily farmed the fields as they had for generations, prayed to their gods silently, and never gave the rest of the world any mind.
You are an old man, now, but you still remember vividly the day when it all started to end: the day the road was built. Your village, the whole valley, was cut off from the world thanks to muddy, bumpy dirt paths and thick forests that rewarded only the most dedicated travelers. But one day many of the trees were chopped down and crews of engineers and concretemen and masons built a powerful stone road, an Arrentish road, right through the heart of the valley. Suddenly merchants from all over the world were visiting the villages, speaking strange tongues, hawking bizarre gewgaws and even more bizarre foods. Foreigners who knew nothing of your customs or ways settled the valley, building houses and shops and otherwise disrupting the order the Laiskadun had known for generations. It was madness. Your country was slipping through your fingers, and you and everyone you knew felt powerless to stop it.
It reached a head when a group of foreign nuns - witches, really - moved into an old barn on the outskirts of town. They were a queer lot, that was certain: they refused anyone from the outside to even step foot inside their convent (their Arrentish arrogance bled through clearly), they never joined the village for any of its festivals or feasts, and all in all they seemed almost too-secretive for their own good. What could they be hiding? Human sacrifices, of course! One night a young boy went missing; his body was found near the convent, his throat slit, his blood drained, and his skin ripped and gnawed as if by wild beasts. The mayor rallied a mob that very night and burned the entire convent to the ground, killing all inside.
...Or so you thought. This morning the mayor was found murdered in her own home. Clearly some of the nuns survived and are looking to butcher the entire town for their demonic needs. Now you need to lead your village through these times of darkness, and maybe when you're done you can make Nolaisko great again.

You are a townie! You seek to clear your town of the Arrentish demons who are murdering you from within, and as such win when only town-aligned players are in the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also the deputy mayor, which gives you certain legal powers over others. Specifically, you can, in times of crisis such as this, order summary executions on members of the town who are too quiet and unhelpful. Starting Day 2, you may, during the day, type ##kill Player. If the player is a LURKER (that is, they have a low postcount compared to me, the moderator), your kill will be successful. If they are not a lurker, your kill will fail.
There is an algorithm for how likely your kill will be. You will not be told the precise details. Essentially if you shoot the lowest postcount player it's sure to work, and if you shoot someone with more posts than me it's sure to fail. Anything in between is a risk. Note that the algorithm accounts for (while not completely excluding) the ~30 posts I made before the game began. You may only shoot once per day, and only twice per game.
You are a lurker dayvig and you are town-aligned.

Propaganda Machine - Irina - Miller (town-aligned cop)
You are the humble miller for the village. You collect the wheat every season from the farmers' fields and grind it into flour. It's grueling, exhausting work, especially when your cows are sick and you must crank the grindstone by hand. Still, it is a job that must be done, and you sleep soundly at night knowing you've done your duty to your villagers. Everything changed though when a strange group of nuns moved to an abandoned barn on the outskirts of town. They wore strange clothes, spoke strange tongues, and generally felt less like visitors and more like invaders. When a local child disappeared, found torn to shreds near the convent, you and the rest of the villagers had to take action - you mobbed their wicked coven and torched it to the ground, killing them all. Or so you thought. It seems some of them escaped, and have now inserted themselves into the village, taking their revenge one soul at a time... time to grind them into dust.
You are also the miller! No, you do not appear scum to investigations, rather you grind wheat into flour, and then give that flour to the baker. Once the bread is made, you deliver loaves to everyone in the village. Seeing everyone in the village, day in and day out, has given you a keen sense of who belongs here and who doesn't. During the night you may target a player in the game, and during your nightly bread delivery you will linger and investigate them and their homes to see if anything is amiss. If successful, you will be told if your target is a loyal member of the TOWN, or a foreign cult human sacrificing SCUM.
You also have become good friends with the village baker, Artoa (aka Max). The two of you may speak freely OOT. However, you are not certain of their alignment.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

dongsbot - Beren - Village Elder (town-aligned cop)
You have been around the block a few times. As the oldest living person in the village, everyone in town implicitly treats you with the respect that you deserve. At town meetings only the most young and impudent fail to wait for you to speak before letting themselves be heard in turn. That sentence was hard to parse but I'm tired. The point is you're old and wise and everyone likes you. Your home, the valley of Nolaisko, was a quiet and peaceful place before some wiseguy had the bright idea of building a big fat stone road right in the middle of it, connecting your valley to the rest of the Imperia, and thus the known world. Strangers started coming and going at all hours of the day, people from faraway places with strange names, stranger clothes, and stranger still customs and ways. The worst of all were a convent of nuns at the outskirts of town. They were rude, arrogant, and clearly hiding something. That something: human sacrifices. A little boy disappeared one night and was found murdered near their convent, his blood drained and his skin mangled. The villagers responded to violence with violence - you joined the mob as you burned down the convent and killed the nuns inside. Some must have escaped though, or their ghosts have possessed otherwise innocent people, as they have inserted themselves into the town and are secretly plotting to murder each and every one of you. In all the generations you've seen come and go, you've never seen chaos and violence like this before. Now you need to use your prudence and judgment to guide the town back to the peaceful days of yore, so that the next generations get to know how great Nolaisko can truly be.
Additionally, as the village elder, you have known the people of this village all your life, most of them from when they were babies. During the night you may target a player in the game and, using your superior powers of discernment, figure out if they are a loyal TOWNie, or a demonic human-sacrificing SCUM.
Additionally, you have become friends with a traveling busker, Jena (Grandicap). He plays the barrel organ from town to town in the valley, and he claims to be a native Laiskadun, but there is something about him that suggests he might have ulterior motives... you are unsure if you should trust him. The two of you may speak freely OOT, however you do not know his alignment.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Grandicap - Jena - Pauper (town-aligned mason)
You are a busker; you play the barrel organ on streetcorners and in taverns throughout the Empire in exchange for pennies, nibbles of food, and if you're lucky a bed of hay to sleep on at night. You leave town before overstaying your welcome, but with your musical talents (and your beaming smile) you always manage to make a friend or two for when you come back. Lately you've toured the villages of Nolaisko, a sleepy valley of rains and fog and moss that only just recently got a road connecting it to the rest of the Imperia. Just as you were about to leave your latest village, however, their mayor was brutally murdered. Now you must stay until the real criminals are discovered - running out of town now would be far too incriminating.
You are also a charismatic vagabond! You make friends wherever you go, including in here, where your music and jokes befriended the village elder, Beren (dongsbot 9000 / got chores tonight). You may speak with him freely OOT. However, you haven't been here for long enough to tell if you've made a good friend or not - you do not know his alignment.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned.

Jimsonthebetrayer - Ogi - Apothecary (town-aligned doctor)
You were always a quiet one; you grew up never wanting to make friends or share stories, you just watched over people, looking at them, seeing how they acted, how they thought, what they said, how they said it. It fascinated you, all the beautiful ways people behave, especially when they thought nobody was watching. As you grew older you learned not to peek through people's windows anymore, but you still had a deep and powerful affection for everyone you knew and met, far deeper than if you had been something as common as "friends" with them. This led you to training under, and later becoming, the village apothecary - now you are free to study the human body and its movements so you may learn what combination of herbs, reagents, and magicks can heal cuts, set broken bones, and clear minds of evil spirits. You can continue quietly observing people and loving them, but now you can actually help make them better, and maybe, in their own way, they appreciate you for it.
You are also a master of herbs and magicks! During the night you may target a player in the game and protect them using a combination of potions and healing spells. If they are attacked, you have a good chance at saving their life.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

The Lord of Hats - Arbaza - Blacksmith (town-aligned backup doctor)
You are a blacksmith; the world beyond the forge is messy, and people are complicated, too complicated for you to understand. But within the walls of the smithy, things are simple. You spend your life with hammers and anvils and coal, with steel and torch, and though the workings of your forge may seem to others like a chaos, to you it is a glorious harmony of fire and metal. All problems - every broken horseshoe, every bent scythe, every shattered nail or split hinge - can eventually be smoothed out with enough patience and strength, both in the mind and in the body. So you keep to your forge every day, only removing your thick apron and gloves and mask at the end of a hard day's work.
Now it looks as if the town is truly broken. An angry mob in the middle of the night burned down a convent of innocent women who committed no crime but being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now the ghosts of those women are taking revenge, and revenge is what you all have coming for you. Still, you're not going to let them destroy your village, even if you all deserve it - like a bent blade, you will hammer them down until the ways are level and smooth once again.

You are also the town blacksmith. You know a few magick spells that protect you from the heat and spark of the forge; they're not much, but they get the job done. You know there's a proper healer in the town already, but should that healer die or otherwise become removed from the game, you will leave the warmth of the kiln for the chill of night and take over their duties as protector of the town.
You are a backup doctor and you are town-aligned.

Birdstrike - Aza - Brewer (town-aligned faith healer)
The farmers grow the hops, but only the finest brewmasters in the valley can turn it into ale. That's your job in this sleepy hamlet in the tail-end of nowhere: to mix hops with yeast and barley and brew keg after keg of ale, so that nobody in Nolaisko can say they spend an evening without joy. And that's what you do: you bring joy to all who need it, one mug at a time. Unlike most of the villagers you were far more friendly to all foreign visitors, offering anyone who came by your brewery a free drink if you didn't recognize their face. Sure, they wore strange clothes and spoke strange tongues, but don't we all after we're two pints in?
One night, though, a little boy was murdered by Arrentish nuns. You sobered up quickly. Perhaps in the future you should be a
little more caution with whom you share a drink.
Additionally, you are the town brewer, and the source of all ale for this part of the valley. During the night you may visit someone's home and give them an extra pint of your hardiest booze. This will NOT prevent them from doing other things at night, but the extra liquor will surely toughen them up should trouble come a knocking right after you: if someone tries to nightkill your target, there is a 50% chance they will survive. However, there is also a chance you'll run into the killer as you abscond into the night and wind up being killed yourself: if someone tries to nightkill your target, and you fail the protection check, you will die instead of your target.
You are a faith healer(/bodyguard) and you are town-aligned.

Somberbrero - Gazta - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
Tremendous Taste - Gari - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
Absurd Revolver - Jetzi - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
Tobbs Gnawed - Azena - Farmer (town-aligned vanilla)
The valley of Nolaisko is your home. You have farmed these hills all your life, growing wheat and potatoes and eggplants and cabbages and turnips and every vegetable imaginable. You have sheep for their wool and chickens for their eggs, and when times are lean, you have goats for milk and chevon. Your parents farmed this land, as did their parents, and theirs as well, on through the generations. As the rest of the world burned, as River Kings destroyed one another vying for power only to be killed in turn by foreign legions, Nolaisko remained steady. Only the seasons changed, but even they remained forever constant: spring to summer to fall to winter and back to spring once again. So it went for millennia before you and, as far as you knew, it would be for millennia to come.
That is, until they came. Strangers have been coming in and out of the valley for some time now, but a group of foreign heathens and witches moved into an old barn on the outskirts of town, and from that moment on things started getting worse. Livestock disappeared from fields, crops had a harder time growing, and even though it's normally very cloudy and rainy in Nolaisko, in the gully where the barn sits, it always seems a little cloudier. The witches within kept to themselves, shunning outsiders, never coming to town with the rest of us decent folk to participate in festivals or feasts. It was almost as if they had something to hide, something sinister, something maybe even wicked.
Your darkest fears were confirmed when a young boy, the smithy's apprentice, disappeared from his bed one evening. He was found later that night, his throat slit, his blood drained, and his body mangled and ripped apart... right near the witches' coven. You and the rest of the town went to action: you gathered torches and pitch, marched on their so-called "convent," and burned it to the ground, killing all the evil ones inside and cleansing the valley of their foul presence once and for all.
Or so you thought. The next morning you discovered the mayor had been murdered, burned alive from the inside out through what can only be described as demonic magicks. Clearly these witches were actually devils in disguise, or perhaps their ghosts are haunting this village. Now they must once again be purged by the flame, in order to return peace to your homeland.

You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:
- The background flavor for the game was inspired by my experiences living in a convent with monks and nuns. The valley of Nolaisko is culturally inspired (very loosely) by the Basque country of Spain and France. The weather is inspired by the pacific northwest (yeah drizzle!). Some of the descriptions and characters (especially Hats's) were inspired by a neat play I was in in college. The conflict inspired by the Chamberlain case from Australia - it's implied in the flavor that the smithy's apprentice was just eaten by wolves, but the townspeople let their prejudicies (including religious bigotries) overcome their rationality. "A doggo ate my baby!"
--- Most people's character names are inspired by the Basque and/or Spanish words for farm crops - wheat, cabbages, potatoes, corn, eggplants (dong's and grandi's names mean eggplant in Spanish when smushed together). The scum fakenames are trees. The "Miller's" name means flour.

- Also a general reminder that I hate cops! If you are a cop in an ecco game, you will learn to treat your results with the proper skepticism. Cop evidence - almost all role-based evidence, really - should be considered persuasive, but not dispositive. They should supplement cases, not replace them.

- The town really dropped the ball this game. Helpful advice for the future:
--- If you don't put in effort in your cases, scum will win.
--- If you claim your roles needlessly, scum will win.
--- If you don't pay attention to the game, scum will definitely win.

- The scum were pretty :effort: too after Max died, but that's the thing where both sides lack effort: this game doesn't produce draws, scum have an inherent advantage, and if the town votes essentially randomly they're sure to lose!
--- Especial lol to Ninth being soft-cleared by everyone... because he repeated Birdstrike's flavor? Like wow. Additionally vanilla players would never have received flavor, as is typical for most games, so Ninth had to either have a role or be the jailor.
--- Also what world do you live in where there can be "one scum" left but still performing the jail?? Like come on!
--- AND how could you just vote in assured exlo and not consider everything more seriously and and and

Anyway yeah scum didn't really earn this victory but town didn't either so that's how that worked out. :toot:

Thank you all for playing this game I started over a year ago.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 15, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
town was putrid

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

truly garbage performance

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but i guess its to be expected from brand new players like birdstrike, tremta, grandicap, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somber's a good mafia player

• Locked thread