Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

Dutch Mantell made, then deleted, a tweet.

quote:

I asked my little niece what she wanted for her birthday and she said she wanted a Mickey Mouse outfit. So, I went out and bought TNA.

The second tragedy bestowed upon a young member of the Mantell family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't know American tax law, but what happens when the state of Tennessee wins it's case against TNA?

Do they get put into recievership? Do they get liquidated and then portioned off to their creditors?

Also, whose lawsuit has priority? The gub'mint? Billy Corgans? or AO1?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
https://twitter.com/wresnocontext/status/786566999325442048

Pictorial representation of reading this thread right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't know American tax law, but what happens when the state of Tennessee wins it's case against TNA?

Do they get put into recievership? Do they get liquidated and then portioned off to their creditors?

Don't you see, It's Dixie's elaborate plan. By pissing off everyone then they'll be too busy fighting each other to collect.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wish the banks and courts were open today.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I assume the governor of Tennessee becomes Impact Wrestling General Manager in this scenario.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

there is no case against TNA, they already were hit with a tax lien

if they don't start paying money, the state is going to start trying to seize property or assets in order to pay off the debt

and the lien will make it even harder to sell the company as well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Given TNA has very little of value left it'd be pretty funny if the state of TN ends up seizing the tape library and rings.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MassRafTer posted:

Given TNA has very little of value left it'd be pretty funny if the state of TN ends up seizing the tape library and rings.

Only part of the tape library though since some of it got sold already

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Would it be possible for WWE to buy the tapes at that point, or would they be lost forever to big government?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endorph posted:

Would it be possible for WWE to buy the tapes at that point, or would they be lost forever to big government?
It's an asset (technically) like any other and the state will attempt to sell it off, so yes, WWE could buy it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

corn in the bible posted:

Only part of the tape library though since some of it got sold already

Speaking of that, who was it that bought part of TNA's tape library? They can't possibly plan to do anything with it other than sell to WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RZApublican posted:

Speaking of that, who was it that bought part of TNA's tape library? They can't possibly plan to do anything with it other than sell to WWE.

I think it was a channel I used to get in Canada called the Fight Network?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Fight Network I believe, which helps fill time for their own library

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious as to what portion they purchased. Was it entirely random or did they do it chronologically or what.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't this why USWA hasn't been broadcast in 20 years - investors were given master tapes as compensation and now 10 different parties have ownership of them?

TNA may never be seen again!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Endless Mike posted:

It's an asset (technically) like any other and the state will attempt to sell it off, so yes, WWE could buy it.

Yeah, the government isn't in the business of running a wrestling promotion any more than banks are so the same logic applies; they'd rather get pennies on the dollar for it than have to handle the upkeep of an asset they have no use for.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm curious as to what portion they purchased. Was it entirely random or did they do it chronologically or what.

Given a bunch of Team Canada alumnus works for Fight Network, possibly that period of TNA?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Surely WWE won't give a gently caress about the TNA tapes if they can't have all of it? Unless the part that was already sold doesn't include any of the current crossover guys or Sting, in which case lol whoever bought that overpaid at any price.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Surely WWE won't give a gently caress about the TNA tapes if they can't have all of it? Unless the part that was already sold doesn't include any of the current crossover guys or Sting, in which case lol whoever bought that overpaid at any price.

They would probably mostly want it for stuff with Joe and AJ Styles anyways, so I'm sure they'll be able to make it happen, unless they think people really need/want TNA on the Network

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endorph posted:

WWE might bother to send an agent to the auctions. Or they may decide its not worth it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
#KEEPTHISALIVE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

RZApublican posted:

Fight Network, which airs TNA in canada and also has a streaming app for old matches and stuff, so they basically wanted it for the same reason the wwe would want it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Isn't this why USWA hasn't been broadcast in 20 years - investors were given master tapes as compensation and now 10 different parties have ownership of them?

TNA may never be seen again!

It's mainly because the company died in a series of lawsuits. Jarrett sold his shares to Lawler and Lawler then sold to a company for a decent chunk of change. After several months that company realized USWA was becoming a money pit and sued Lawler claiming he defrauded them in the sale. That company then went out of business and who actually owns the rights to the Memphis tape library is a very thorny issue. The tapes themselves aren't the problem, it is who has the legal right to broadcast them.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

TNA just isn't worth it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sticky Nate posted:

TNA just isn't worth it

Yeah, i think WWE will do the least amount of effort possible to get the tape library. If is fragmented they wont care to buy it.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I bought VICTORY ROAD 2004 from Dixie

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Howling Man posted:

I bought VICTORY ROAD 2004 from Dixie

Despite a court order not to, I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie started unloading TNA assets piecemeal and cash only.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

Despite a court order not to, I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie started unloading TNA assets piecemeal and cash only.

I want the turkey suit!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DoctorGonzo posted:

I want the turkey suit!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Future WWE Hall of Famer. Its crazy how this company wasted AJ Styles.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The only reason I want WWE to buy the tape library is so they can release a Warrior-style "The Self-Destruction of TNA" DVD.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
TNA can't even die right, jesus

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You know rovert, I'm sorry.

I had you figured out as some autist bullshit artist then you actually go out and scoop everyone on TNA. We've had our differences but I'm okay with admitting defeat here.

Granted, I don't know why you're wasting your time on Something Awful but hey, good job sir.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Granted, I don't know why you're wasting your time on Something Awful but hey, good job sir.

Do you not know how many other forums have banned him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Future WWE Hall of Famer. Its crazy how this company wasted AJ Styles.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ :stare:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Burn TNA to the ground and salt the earth.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DoctorGonzo posted:

Burn TNA to the ground and salt the earth.

TNA tried this a decade ago and they can't even burn right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
AJ was the one who thought TNA should be doing chairshots to the head to distinguish itself from WWE so

• Locked thread