Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The ending both surprised me and made me say, "Of Course."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
R.I.P. Lee Majors

:(

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Death car is real good, this show is way better than it should be.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Death car is real good, this show is way better than it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O08w8CegEeg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not exactly sure they needed to put a disclaimer about not doing Ketamine at the end of the episode but whatever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spooky like this! posted:

I'm not exactly sure they needed to put a disclaimer about not doing Ketamine at the end of the episode but whatever.

Warning: It won't make you any better at mechanical bull riding

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Holy poo poo, what a sadistic way to end an episode.

Lucy Lawless looks like Crimson Viper from Street Fighter.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

this is not a penis friendly show

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

spooky like this! posted:

I hate that I recognized the Limp Bizkit song that played at the bar :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This loving show is magical.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked that Ash's drug stash was a box that said "Tools, not drugs."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That ending was incredible, this show is incredible, the fact this show even exists is incredible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At this point, i'm almost 100% sure that Starz doesn't even have a Standards & Practices department.

Which makes the writers' jobs easier when coming up with innovative new kills.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

At this point, i'm almost 100% sure that Starz doesn't even have a Standards & Practices department.

Which makes the writers' jobs easier when coming up with innovative new kills.

I have to admit the fact the Starz is willing to air this earns them so many points in my book, my God.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well RIP Ash's dad. Who wanna be the thing so vile he was hiding was that the black girl in the car (the sherrif's "daugther") is his biologic daughter?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Toplowtech posted:

Well RIP Ash's dad. Who wanna be the thing so vile he was hiding was that the black girl in the car (the sherrif's "daugther") is his biologic daughter?

Awww, drat. I've been wracking my brain about what secret his dad could know after not having seen Ash for thirty years, and that make perfect sense. Good call.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The whole opening montage with the Delta was hilarious, but Kelly going "it doesn't even have a CD player" for some reason just had me in tears.

The practical effects/lighting they used for Evil Delta were cool looking, Didn't expect them to off Ash's dad, though.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Luchadork posted:

The practical effects/lighting they used for Evil Delta were cool looking, Didn't expect them to off Ash's dad, though.

I didn't either until he called Ash a hero while he was walking out into the middle of the street. As soon as he did and started reconciling with Ash, I started thinking "Oh no! He's gonna get killed by-"*SMACK* "... the Delta."

This show has a great way of setting up big moments like that so you can kinda feel them coming right before they hit, while still having those moments be satisfying/shocking/funny when they do.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yep. Still the best show on televsion.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I can't fart without tripping over that drat book.

And I fart a LOT.

EDIT: HOLY gently caress that dudes head.....

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 18, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Canned Panda posted:

I can't fart without tripping over that drat book.

And I fart a LOT.

Oh, I got a plan. But first: *fartz*

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Canned Panda posted:

EDIT: HOLY gently caress that dudes head.....

It says something about this show that you can say this in reference to one half-hour episode, and I can't say for sure which head you're referring to.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Luchadork posted:

They recently introduced the car driving Ghost Rider in agents of shield and this show has the better flaming car.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i don't know what was funnier, the severe tire damage to the face or the beautifully telegraphed premature dad death

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grinning Goblin posted:

They recently introduced the car driving Ghost Rider in agents of shield and this show has the better flaming car.

I really hope Ash's Car keeps its new possessed personality and becomes a thing. Like, Ash constantly having to argue with his car the entire way down the road, getting it to change to the right station, go to the right place, etc.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Toplowtech posted:

Not "vile" but "vital," I think.

And I'm laying 50/50 odds we never learn what that "vital" thing was and that moment was just there to troll us/Ash before Dad died.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I haven't seen a show this good since Spartacus.

VacuumJockey
Jun 6, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

I haven't seen a show this good since Spartacus.

A lot of the same dudes are involved, so maybe that's it. Although I'd like some more nudity in AvsED - but admittedly there wasn't a lot of that in the movies either.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VacuumJockey posted:

A lot of the same dudes are involved, so maybe that's it. Although I'd like some more nudity in AvsED - but admittedly there wasn't a lot of that in the movies either.

I don't see how sexual nudity would serve any purpose for this series. The nudity IN the show was one dead dude who was getting his rear end and balls all up on Ash's face - clearly played for laughs. There are so few instances where nudity can be effectively humorous, though. Like, you want Bruce to catch Lucy Lawless coming out of the shower? Meh. I mean, we ALL enjoy seeing Lawless in whatever state of undress, but it would take away from the show.

Just go jerk off to one of the thousands of websites online if that's what your heart is telling you.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 19, 2016

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Well, there was that one scene in season 1 where Lucy Lawless is emerging from the fire and you get a boob shot, though it could have been a body double.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luchadork posted:

though it could have been a body double.

It was.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What about in Spartacus? Don't you dare ruin that for me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What about in Spartacus? Don't you dare ruin that for me.

She did them, but she's never enjoyed them.

quote:

Have you gotten more comfortable doing the nude scenes now?

LAWLESS: No, I haven’t. Nudity and sex scenes are two completely different things. Nudity you can kind of get used to, but not when there is movement and relating involved. The sex scenes are very uncomfortable because that’s something to be protected, so you have a visceral reaction to not exploit that. Normal people in our society don’t put it out there that often.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 20, 2016

VacuumJockey
Jun 6, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Drifter posted:

I don't see how sexual nudity would serve any purpose for this series. The nudity IN the show was one dead dude who was getting his rear end and balls all up on Ash's face - clearly played for laughs. There are so few instances where nudity can be effectively humorous, though. Like, you want Bruce to catch Lucy Lawless coming out of the shower? Meh. I mean, we ALL enjoy seeing Lawless in whatever state of undress, but it would take away from the show.

Just go jerk off to one of the thousands of websites online if that's what your heart is telling you.
Just personal preference, that's all. I thought the cock and balls on Ash's face was awesome, laughs or not. And who can honestly say they don't like naked Lucy Lawless?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So want a gif of the morgue scene.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So far season two is even better than the first, which is crazy because the first was one of the best things I've ever seen. They've really ramped up the gore, horror AND comedy this time. I can't stop laughing and being disgusted at the same time.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Quote-Unquote posted:

So far season two is even better than the first, which is crazy because the first was one of the best things I've ever seen. They've really ramped up the gore, horror AND comedy this time. I can't stop laughing and being disgusted at the same time.

Every episode of Ash vs Evil Dead is literally the high point of my week, either I'm living a boring life or the show is just that great.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They create a new emmy award just for the morgue scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAZDf-iPyM

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Flaming Demon Car was aces. The show is in a groove.

Oh, and if anyone is trying to justify a Starz subscription, check out Black Sails. I'd say that show and Ash vs. ED are worth the price of admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

More proof that Kelly is the best.

• Locked thread