Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How the hell do people do all this boosting poo poo on a controller I've played like 3 rounds and my hands are ready to fall off.
On the upside once you've gotten used to it you'll be able to crush walnuts with your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My Cod claw is strong

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man the COD4 Remaster is loving gorgeous, and puts to shame 99% of the other "remasters" that came out in the last year or so. I am stoked for the return of the best multiplayer game ever made, already prepping myself for playing HC with martyrdom and 3x frags.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm personally awaiting the complaints of Juggernaut to come back More specifically the quickscoping crowd that can't their sick kills for their montage because of it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Juggernaut never really bothered me because I almost always ran Stopping Power anyway. I'm just annoyed by the level of flinch in the campaign. I forgot how bad it is, and only vaguely remember how bad it was in multiplayer. Probably a lot lower, but it's going to take some getting used to.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Juggernaut literally adds one extra bullet of health, so using other perks doesn't really handicap you. Stopping Power cancels Juggernaut as well.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It adds 30 health, and an SP M16 will still kill you in one burst if aimed right.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Played a few more rounds today and quite enjoyed it. Never played BO3 so I don't know how they compare. ADS aim speed seems really loving low though. If I start shooting and I'm not perfectly amied on them then I find it impossible to correct the aim in time before I'm dead. Can't tell if it's the netcode that's loving me or just my unfamiliarity with playing on a controller but fuckers always seem to take at least 4-5 shots without going down then they'll kill me in 3.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
What feed exactly does the killcam show in COD games? Is it just an approximation put together using the raw game data or is it actually capturing what one of the players saw?

I never felt like the BO3 netcode was loving me over but there were several times when I thought I got oneshotted and then the killcam would show me getting shot a ton before dying.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Rumor has it that the beta is completely P2P, which could explain the netcode fuckery. Question is will the game have dedicated servers. Tried googling that and no answers came.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

RichterIX posted:

What feed exactly does the killcam show in COD games? Is it just an approximation put together using the raw game data or is it actually capturing what one of the players saw?

It is what the server saw, which is going to be different from what both you and the other guy saw.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Played a few more rounds today and quite enjoyed it. Never played BO3 so I don't know how they compare. ADS aim speed seems really loving low though. If I start shooting and I'm not perfectly amied on them then I find it impossible to correct the aim in time before I'm dead. Can't tell if it's the netcode that's loving me or just my unfamiliarity with playing on a controller but fuckers always seem to take at least 4-5 shots without going down then they'll kill me in 3.
The folk 'round here that got gud recommend correcting aim by strafing, and not by using the right stick as controllers aren't as sensitive and you'll usually end up overcorrecting the other way and your shots going wide. If stock is an attachment option use that.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

SubponticatePoster posted:

The folk 'round here that got gud recommend correcting aim by strafing, and not by using the right stick as controllers aren't as sensitive and you'll usually end up overcorrecting the other way and your shots going wide. If stock is an attachment option use that.

Played a load more today and still couldn't get over how slow the ADS aim speed is :ohdear: It was especially apparent if I got drop shot or if they started jumping or wall running. I still enjoy the game enough to where I'll probably pick it up on PC.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
ADS speed with quickdraw seems faster than Blops 3. I still have no idea why Treyarch nerfed ADS speeds on so many guns during that games life cycle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Accuracy is OP, duh.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Anyone doing this tonight? Beta got extended through Tuesday, right?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

SubponticatePoster posted:

Anyone doing this tonight? Beta got extended through Tuesday, right?

Hack and I (rvenutolo) are on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cleaning my place, but if you want, I'll hang out in chat and give pithy comments. :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dewrito codes have arrived.

Mine might be Canada only, since they say to put them in at https://www.dewanddoritos.ca

KXFS6CZ6ZY

XCZALXMKLX

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
^ These are for Titanfall 2 by the way. And thanks, I used the bottom code, seems to work for US as well.

You got me a ticket into the 1V1 ARENA! :420::c00lbert::420:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 19, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Whoops, yeah, i forgot. :doh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whoops posted this in the other thread.

Just had my first game. Got 1st place and went 29-11. Felt really good and fun. The movement felt just right for me. A bit slower than BLOPS3 but still plenty of verticality shenanigans if you really want. Only one of the LMGs for the round but it felt pretty nice. It was the Mauler I think.

Couldn't get a good feel for TTK compared to the other games but I was not having any real issues getting kills. Only one death in a long range encounter left me going "hmmm" but that's probably because the load out I was using wasn't tailored for that long range.

Only one game bias but it definitely felt a hell of a lot better than my first BLOPS3 game in which I got loving annihilated.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I played through the CoD4 remaster last week, and the whole time I was kind of thinking to myself about how unnecessary this is, especially on a graphical level- from what I remember, CoD4 didn't really look much worse than this remaster does. It was only one console gen ago.

So I went ahead and played the first few levels at max settings and oh my God, oh my God, what? What? I remember this looking way way better when I was in high school, what gives?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
CoD4 looked super-good when it was new, so our brains just remember playing the game and going "yeah that looks super good". Once you go back and look at it with several years of games that look way better under your belt, it doesn't look as good anymore. It's all relative, I did the same thing when they announced RE4 HD remasters.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I played through the CoD4 remaster last week, and the whole time I was kind of thinking to myself about how unnecessary this is, especially on a graphical level- from what I remember, CoD4 didn't really look much worse than this remaster does. It was only one console gen ago.

So I went ahead and played the first few levels at max settings and oh my God, oh my God, what? What? I remember this looking way way better when I was in high school, what gives?

It wasn't just "one console ago", it was nine years, about as many graphics card generations, and two-to-three versions of DirectX ago.

As for the second part, that's easy; rose-colored glasses. CoD 4 was the one that seriously brought me in, despite playing the preceding two games, and I love it, I made so many goon friends across the world playing it, and some of the best memories I have are the first six years of the MW era, starting with CoD4.
But, when I look at it compared to AW, BLOPS3, in-engine scenes in IW, it looks like poo poo in comparison. There's a serious leap, especially with how people are modelled and look now. It's night and day.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malloc Voidstar posted:

will this have a healthy community on PC and should I buy it on PC? tia

No and no.

The only COD that's still kicking on PC is CoD4, every other is either dead, full of hackers or have like 200 players tops all in TDM.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Alteisen posted:

No and no.

The only COD that's still kicking on PC is CoD4, every other is either dead, full of hackers or have like 200 players tops all in TDM.

I got into the BO3 welfare edition a couple weeks ago and it's been a lot fun, never any trouble getting games and haven't seen any hackers. Definitely all in TDM though.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Goons play Dom and TDM 99% of the time so the lack of players argument doesn't really work. I played like 50 hours of S&D on Blops 2 PC with a full party when it had less then 100 players and we had no problem finding games.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mill Village posted:

Goons play Dom and TDM 99% of the time so the lack of players argument doesn't really work. I played like 50 hours of S&D on Blops 2 PC with a full party when it had less then 100 players and we had no problem finding games.

S&D? PC? Lots of bad decisions here.

Also, S&D got a lot less fun with the advent of party chat. Really enjoyed someone trying to make a call out and just getting cut off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Banning party chat in S&D, while a good idea from an MLG E-Sports Brought To You By Activision™ gameplay perspective, was such a loving buzz kill.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
made the switch to PS4 and everything is so weird... the controller, the UI, the goons.. gonna take a while to get used to.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

made the switch to PS4 and everything is so weird... the controller, the UI, the goons.. gonna take a while to get used to.

Get your CHRONUSMAXPLUS GOING MOTHERFUCKER.

I tried keyboard+mouse again last night. It ruins console gaming since you win every single head to head fight. I can only imagine how retarded IW snipers would have been with.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

faantastic posted:

I tried keyboard+mouse again last night. It ruins console gaming since you win every single head to head fight. I can only imagine how retarded IW snipers would have been with.

It might make the Widowmaker rifle usable? Since you can aim your shots and potentially line it up so both bullets hit the dude.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

faantastic posted:

I gotta find out why its not working. I really hope its not cause my USB hub is 3.0

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

MWR gameplay of Ambush and Vacant where the YouTuber shuts up after the first minute. Ambush looks way better with that lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdNecGFZU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYIyr-dyFM

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Regarding MWR: I know they'll be patching in the other six launch maps as time goes on, but have they mentioned anything about the four Variety Pack maps? Broadcast and Chinatown were two of my faves :(

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Godzilla07 posted:

MWR gameplay of Ambush and Vacant where the YouTuber shuts up after the first minute. Ambush looks way better with that lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdNecGFZU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYIyr-dyFM

Two minutes into a kill confirmed game and the score is 8-10 :chanpop: Soooo slow

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SAW's irons are just as lovely as I remember. :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Drav posted:

Two minutes into a kill confirmed game and the score is 8-10 :chanpop: Soooo slow

What do you think happens you get a bunch of Youtubers into a lobby? They care about their K/Ds way too much. It also doesn't help that the guy playing in these videos kinda sucks. He just keeps running into the open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I guess we'll have to migrate to this thread eventually...

JackGeneric posted:

Know what we're sorely lacking? Spreadsheets.

The Signup Sheet
The Results

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 29, 2016

• Locked thread