Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

MariusLecter posted:

Holocaust survivor guilt is the only way to get Setrakian to open up.

I know you're probably just joking, but truly I was surprised when he asked Fet about when the last time it was that he saw his parents and didn't flip out that they were taking a detour there in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TheRationalRedditor posted:

what kind of sick piece of poo poo are you to want that wretched child actor to eat up even more screen time

But he would end up being sealed in a small silver and lead coffin, probably without arms & legs. So, worthwhile.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Eichhorst with the important questions

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That's a hell of a way to drain a body.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if regular usage of colloidal silver would actually protect you from the worms.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gus flashback

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We didn't see the Ancients get killed, and it looked like Quinlan zipped out of there with his vampire speed. Two episodes left this season; should be interesting to see who survives.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That was a good episode. And because I read spoilers for the books, I'm guessing the crate is a red herring. Just trying to connect how they get to the next part in one episode.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tenzarin posted:

That was a good episode. And because I read spoilers for the books, I'm guessing the crate is a red herring. Just trying to connect how they get to the next part in one episode.

Or the crate does have the lost Ancient in it, but Quinlan is wrong and the Master just wants to steal the body.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 17, 2016

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if regular usage of colloidal silver would actually protect you from the worms.

I have wondered that since the very first episode and was annoyed that they didn't attempt it with Samwise Gamgee. That blue guy from Oprah could wreck shop in this universe.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

why the gently caress do they need so many giant speakers in that room :lol:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This season is actually... good? and fun?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Or the crate does have the lost Ancient in it, but Quinlan is wrong and the Master just wants to steal the body.

I don't think the body would do him any good; it would be a dessicated husk, in even worse shape than the New World Ancients or The Master's body before he possessed the giant noble.

I think he just wants to hook up his worm friend with a new body and they can go rampaging all over America together.

I'm also a bit disappointed we didn't get to hear what Setrakian and Quinlan's plan was with the Ancients for them to fight back. :(

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Why are the Ancients such pussies? Why do they just lay around on those tables doing nothing and acting like they can't? I didn't even realize they could move until they started fighting. They must have mental powers why don't they just hunt down the master and kill him. This show is like wolves hiring rabbits to run down and kill another wolf, it doesn't make any sense.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Creamed Cormp posted:

This season is actually... good? and fun?

I know right, why did season 1 and 2 have to be so bland an uninspired. :wtc:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

wormil posted:

Why are the Ancients such pussies? Why do they just lay around on those tables doing nothing and acting like they can't? I didn't even realize they could move until they started fighting. They must have mental powers why don't they just hunt down the master and kill him. This show is like wolves hiring rabbits to run down and kill another wolf, it doesn't make any sense.

In the books it is basically inertia and not taking the threat seriously until it was too late. Not sure if the show is changing the origin / deal with ancients though because in the book this attack wouldn't work

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I'm going to be super disappointed if this actually kills the ancients seeing as in the books it takes a literal nuke to kill one.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would it be more efficient to drain a human all at once or just do a little at a time and let them replenish, then harvest them again?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Would it be more efficient to drain a human all at once or just do a little at a time and let them replenish, then harvest them again?

The books eventually go into detail about this Everyone gives one pint every five days until they are too old or infirm to not give blood, then they get harvested Not sure if the show will go that route or not but all signs point to yes

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Did anyone else wanna barf when Dutch started "seducing" Eph? I mean I was expecting it ever since she showed up at the door but still ew.
Man I hope that didn't actually kill the ancients.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dutch is gross. I read that part of why Mia Maestro left was she was cast as the female lead and they started giving Dutch more and more screen time so she wanted out.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I would've guessed she left because the gus character was slated to be horning in on her "boring lovely deadend senile latin mother-based brooding" territory

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

spooky like this! posted:

...in the books it takes a literal nuke to kill one.

That seems excessive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It has to do with the origin of the vampires.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

spooky like this! posted:

Yeah, I'm going to be super disappointed if this actually kills the ancients seeing as in the books it takes a literal nuke to kill one.

That's literally what the suitcase was? I mean it was way too small to be an actual nuke in real life but this is a TV show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Truth Quark posted:

That's literally what the suitcase was? I mean it was way too small to be an actual nuke in real life but this is a TV show.

It's not exactly used the way it was in the show. In the books you have to nuke a specific spot in the world, the place where the ancient came from. That's the only way to kill them permanently.

So, (this is NOT a book spoiler) I'm guessing that due to his absence and the fact that there really aren't any better options, Zach is the new Master.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Palmer had a sad story of trying to connect with his father and showing his underdog upcoming. Like the story in the second Sin City, except his dad didn't kill him when he met him. So was he rich when he met the old man in that flash back or working at the college? Or was he able to walk with a cane after doing the wheelchair thing?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Titanic was on TV the other day, and I thought I recognized the guy who played J. Bruce Ismay.

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003
strigoi noisecore

YO THIS INFINITE DRUM CIRCLE SOUNDS LIKES MUSIC oh poo poo im not rich now nor will i ever be

Lord Sexatron fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 24, 2016

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Holy gently caress this was shlocky poo poo and made me abruptly laugh several times. "Do it" or whatever by Palmer, that delivery. And old man Frey literally saying the same speech he has given in the past, and it ends with "..again. Especially now!" Dear lord the writing is so lazy it frequently falls over that line into absurdist humor or some poo poo. It's pretty remarkable.

Cracking open a child like a coconut was pretty brutal imagery, too. And they gave zero fucks.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Jonathan Hyde is actually the best part of this retarded show for a while now. His hilarious regal affect across all moods, comically grandiose speeches rife with dramatic beats, the cartoonish expressions. He's like a ham-based woodchipper that chews up scenery with reckless abandon, it's great.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The shotgun ambush was cool. At this point I'm not paying a ton of attention to the show but the mayor dying surprised me a bit.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Angel's death was awesome, the way Gus saw him for a moment. And the ending with the shotgun, Palmer is going to suffer for it but it was fun as hell.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There should be a counter on the screen every time poor ol' Eichhorst gets shot in the middle of his boasting.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh hey I remember seeing that secretary somewhere before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcme7ltcL4c

edit : holy poo poo that shotgun ambush, why did this show decide to suddenly be fun and good after two mediocre seasons?

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 24, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

CODChimera posted:

The shotgun ambush was cool. At this point I'm not paying a ton of attention to the show but the mayor dying surprised me a bit.
I feel like if it wasn't specifically a point of reference to the books, a show's producer has some kind of fetish for ocular infestation in that middle aged actress. Seriously, two worms into the exact same tear duct for no particular reason, I feel like someone had an agenda, rofl

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I feel like if it wasn't specifically a point of reference to the books, a show's producer has some kind of fetish for ocular infestation in that middle aged actress. Seriously, two worms into the exact same tear duct for no particular reason, I feel like someone had an agenda, rofl

To me it was to highlight the futility of her fight and the inevitability of her fate. She was just another story in the city. But maybe I'm over thinking.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

You are because they give her the 'happy' ending, just like they do silverman wreslter guy who did not punch enough loving strigoi at all, but none of our three heroes there are going to be changed/have their memories slurped up when in the books (slight spoiler) is around till the third book punching and DDT'ing the vamperies, but does blow up so his mind isn't taken over. But it's a TV production and this is the final season anyway? Man it's going to wrap up so loving quick and I can't wait for more Master Benny Hill antics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next season is the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Justin Credible posted:

You are because they give her the 'happy' ending, just like they do silverman wreslter guy who did not punch enough loving strigoi at all, but none of our three heroes there are going to be changed/have their memories slurped up when in the books (slight spoiler) is around till the third book punching and DDT'ing the vamperies, but does blow up so his mind isn't taken over. But it's a TV production and this is the final season anyway? Man it's going to wrap up so loving quick and I can't wait for more Master Benny Hill antics.

I honestly don't understand your post.

• Locked thread