Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CuddlyZombie posted:

Wait what does this mean.

There's still stuff in the demo that can be datamined, and he's disappointed about it because it means he can't get the hot scoops on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't believe you're actually playing as Miror B. the entire game.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Give it an hour. Right now, the dataminers are just going WOAH YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I JUST SAWWWWWW but not actually say anything. We'll find out. We always do.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

anyone else think that Team Skull theme sounds like "Team Skull....god daaaaaamn"

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

LemonLimeTime posted:

So, where's the demo? I'm on east coast time.
10AM i think

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've finished with the demo for the day.

The day after you start the demo, a guy by the Pokemon Center gives out 10 pretty wings.

I noticed when closing the game, it actually did what Smash Brothers does when closing and restarts the home screen. They're really just barely getting it to run on the original 3DS.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God I hope it's dex images, I want to see my tiger wrestler son in his full glory

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I hope all the data mined content is different hairstyles for dugtrio

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

There's still stuff in the demo that can be datamined, and he's disappointed about it because it means he can't get the hot scoops on it.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/788231099134738432

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Apparently the other, and final (?) Alolan Pokemon is Golem. However, keep expectations as it is possible they're the only ones found because they could both be in the demo and the full game has some more, but also probably not and we know all of them now.

Given that we have the most fabulous of whack-a-moles, I can't wait to see what they do for the next guy.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Sandshrew/Sandslash didn't learn any Ground attacks except Sand Tomb until BW2

That's better off than Gligar's line. They didn't get a single move of either type for generations.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Brother Entropy posted:

drat, and all it costs is 3 of your 4 slots to pull off

Also pray like crazy your opponent doesn't carry a Psychic, Fairy, or Flying-type attack!

Or a Pokemon with Mold Breaker! Because then Seaking and Passimian can both be Thunderbolted/Discharged again.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

robot roll call posted:

anyone else think that Team Skull theme sounds like "Team Skull....god daaaaaamn"

Yes, actually. The first time I heard it as "Team Skull, uh, god drat. Dubba dubba dubba, oh gently caress."

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Has anyone compared the demo on a n3DS versus the original 3DS hardware yet? Do we know if the game can use the extra processing power like Hyrule Warriors can?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Team Skull...god daaaaamn

Mullet Dugtrio...god daaaaamn

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hopeandjoy posted:

Has anyone compared the demo on a n3DS versus the original 3DS hardware yet? Do we know if the game can use the extra processing power like Hyrule Warriors can?

I'll have to wait until morning to compare it to my New 3ds I keep legitimate. Just seeing the home screen crash after closing the game tells me there's going to be a difference. I've already experienced slowdown in the first Totem battle.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Can you actually get in trouble for this?? Nintendo gave the info away to the whole world, he just had to find it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Thirsty for that leak.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
when people talk about the original 3DS, does that include the 3DS XL?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space T Rex posted:

Can you actually get in trouble for this?? Nintendo gave the info away to the whole world, he just had to find it.

He has in the past, I think. Either in Gen 6 or Gen 5, he got contacted by Nintendo about posting leaks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Space T Rex posted:

well, they actually tried to hide it this time, so the implication is that maybe he shouldn't actively just start dumping everything on his site

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Lupus Rufus posted:

Yeah, anything that isn't a New 3DS or New 3DS XL

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

Yes. That's the same hardware as the regular 3DS. N3DS actually has a faster processor and can run stuff better than the older models.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
dang... oh well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in what world is getting a cease and desist (aka receiving a letter) akin to losing a site. gently caress this guy bring back emily rogers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently, much like Smash 3DS, Pokemon SM will shut down the system software while running, so the device will reboot whenever you close SM and you cannot access miiverse or the internet during play.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dexie posted:

Well that's stupid and petty of him.

also

Super No Vacancy posted:

in what world is getting a cease and desist (aka receiving a letter) akin to losing a site. gently caress this guy bring back emily rogers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Funkmaster General posted:

Thirsty for that leak.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah he should just get into possible legal trouble and have to deal with that instead of letting literally everyone else anonymously dump info on the internet about it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Project Pokemon IRC said something about having information soon.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

even if we don't get bipedal cat, i want starter evolutions that change based on the time you evolve them

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah he should just get into possible legal trouble and have to deal with that instead of letting literally everyone else anonymously dump info on the internet about it

Finally someone making some god drat sense!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There are a little over 30 minutes left until everything is spoiled.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I thought that people were projecting a lot of fun characterization on Team Skull just based on design and they'd be pretty let down by the actual game, but based on that theme music they were totally right

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah youre right I just remembered all those literal lawsuits nintendo is known for filing against dataminers

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
^^^ Withholding news and information from one of the top news and information websites is kiiiind of a deathblow.

Alolan Dugtrio is the kind of cool and new Pokemon I was hoping for and we are so blessed that they graced us with their beautiful fabulous locks.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I've heard from YouTubers that Nintendo/Pokemon company can be kind of strict about this poo poo. One YouTuber mentions he had to stop doing official Pokemon stuff nad commentating for them because they told him to take down romhacks (one of which was in progress at the time).

Also apparently they've told Joe to stop before so it might not be a Cease and Desist, it might be the last straw.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah youre right I just remembered all those literal lawsuits nintendo is known for filing against dataminers

nintendo is actually notorious for being pretty adamant about this stuff, i really dont think the guy is out of line here

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*pirates a 3ds game directly off nintendos servers* augh i hope they dont send me a bold-faced letter for tweeting about some inaccessible hexadecimal values in this bitmap or whatever the gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Classtoise posted:

^^^ Withholding news and information from one of the top news and information websites is kiiiind of a deathblow.

Also apparently they've told Joe to stop before so it might not be a Cease and Desist, it might be the last straw.

oh whatev i dont know who the guy or site is but his teasing act is wack

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Super No Vacancy posted:

*pirates a 3ds game directly off nintendos servers* augh i hope they dont send me a bold-faced letter for tweeting about some inaccessible hexadecimal values in this bitmap or whatever the gently caress

yes, a good sarcasm about how absurd the world we live in is, but there you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Even GameXplain take measures for this, like never actually showing the anime sheet designs for the starters final evolutions. It's Nintendo we're talking about here.

That said, there's a shitton of people with nothing to lose who'll get this within the hour.