Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry Convex posted:

looking forward to Superman dying in tonight's episode and never appearing on this show again because that was the only way the film side would allow TV to use him

Looks to me like they're going in a different direction
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/788103853262516224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I did not expect Snapper Carr to look like...that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh god, exasperated Kara :kimchi:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I actually like the depiction of Snapper , it makes sense that he gets the nick name from snapping at people. It's a good change. It's good.

This show is super Silver Agey.

edit:

Uh the Fortress of Solitude ! That was awesome! KELEX!

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 18, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am digging the scenes with Clark and J'onn

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Looks like Alyx killed Corbyn

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Barry Convex posted:

looking forward to Superman dying in tonight's episode and never appearing on this show again because that was the only way the film side would allow TV to use him

God, I hope BvS and Suicide Squad critically faceplanting and blowing up the public good will towards the DCCU convinced WB to pull the stick out of its rear end and let the Arrowverse do whatever the hell it wants to do again.

That would be sweet :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, the bad:

- Cat loving off back to her home planet felt incredibly forced
- Even as CEO of CatCo James feels superfluous at the moment.

The good?
- Every loving thing else, that was a lot of fun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kara burning the skin off Metallo's hand was pretty awesome.

Big promotion for Jimmy. From photographer to CEO.

howe_sam posted:

The good?
- Every loving thing else, that was a lot of fun.

Superman should show up a few times a season just so they can have fun.

e: J'onn doing his impression of a Mortal Kombat fatality was great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 18, 2016

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Why is it such a big deal that she moves to metropolis when it's a minutes fly away? Also, fun episode.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Still cautiously optimistic about this show because so far between these two episodes it's been really good. Not to much relationship bullshit that strangles all CW shows.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kara burning the skin off Metallo's hand was pretty awesome.

e: J'onn doing his impression of a Mortal Kombat fatality was great.

These two were my favorite moments from this week's episode! Kara melting the skin off Metallo's hand was pretty badass

I really enjoy this take on Superman, every scene where he and J'onn interacted was pretty cool. CW has mostly knocked it out of the park with the series so far, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"I'm gonna punch you in the face now :haw:"

I'm really regretting writing this show off in the first season after the pilot. Gonna have to go back and watch it on DVD to get caught up because it's fun as poo poo right now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That car throw was so amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Their VFX team pretty cleared wanted to prove that the channel move wasn't going to hurt the show's visuals, and mission accomplished.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The shirt-melting kryptonite beams were pretty goofy, though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gluten Freeman posted:

The shirt-melting kryptonite beams were pretty goofy, though

It's on the CW now, they need to meet their Shirtless Dudes quota like all the other Arrowverse shows do too.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Why are they writing Cat out? It's weird, and she's such a great character.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

Why are they writing Cat out? It's weird, and she's such a great character.

Calista Flockhart lives in LA and doesn't want to move away from her husband (Harrison Ford).

My understanding is that she'll show up now and again, schedule permitting.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hey do you guys remember when I didn't like Winn? Boy was I dumb

I think I enjoyed this episode even more than the premiere (probably 'cuz there was no absurd relationship stuff). This definitely is a cartoony show, but it's really heartfelt and engaging about it, and is able to support all that schmoopy stuff by showing actual intelligence regarding its own characters.

Those Metallo boob windows got really silly, though. Just take off the shirts! They're ruined anyway!

Xelkelvos posted:

Looks like Alyx killed Corbyn
I don't think destroying the Kryptonite actually kills these guys, or else Superman wouldn't have made that great "You're gonna take some time to think about what you did" crack.

Or maybe that guy's hella dead and Clark just didn't know it :v:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 18, 2016

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd like to think that Supergirl takes place in the Super Troopers universe and the Governor of Vermont eventually got elected President.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think destroying the Kryptonite actually kills these guys, or else Superman wouldn't have made that great "You're gonna take some time to think about what you did" crack.

Fun Superman always has time for a one liner, even after a fatality :twisted:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They seemed to have significantly toned down the effect of green kryptonite in this show. At least, supergirl doesn't collapse or become violently ill just by being in its presence, the way it was on smallville.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gonz posted:

I'd like to think that Supergirl takes place in the Super Troopers universe and the Governor of Vermont eventually got elected President.

:hfive:
That's the only logical decision.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Such a good episode and Supergirl remains the best of the CW superhero shows. I like Fun Superman and hope he gets a few more appearances this season, but I'm glad it only took two episodes to get him to leave and leave the focus on Kara.

If this tone and quality can be kept up after Superman's out of the picture then I think the show got a decent bit better after the move.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Loving happy Superman, and while the villains are lame as usual Benoist still carries the show with ease. Fun show, great first 2 episodes.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Man how awkward was it for metallo's actor to do those chest-thrust things sans special effects.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

BrianWilly posted:

Hey do you guys remember when I didn't like Winn? Boy was I dumb

I think I enjoyed this episode even more than the premiere (probably 'cuz there was no absurd relationship stuff). This definitely is a cartoony show, but it's really heartfelt and engaging about it, and is able to support all that schmoopy stuff by showing actual intelligence regarding its own characters.

Those Metallo boob windows got really silly, though. Just take off the shirts! They're ruined anyway!

I think they would both power back on if you replaced the kryptonite core so it's not strictly murder so much as uh... disassembly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They did a good job featuring Superman enough to establish him as part of this world and then shipping him back to Metropolis because this is Supergirl.

I still think part of the reason they cast such a physically underwhelming Superman was to really make sure he didn't overshadow Supergirl. They played up how Winn and others were in awe of him but otherwise he was really presented like Kara's equal.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How you gonna put a photographer in charge of the whole company smdh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Cat got really drat drunk one night, tacked a random slate of employees' photos to the wall and tossed a dart at them. When the dart missed and hit a calendar instead, she ran over, puked on Jimmy's desk and said "gently caress it, you're hired."

SUPERGIRL!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jimmy seems as surprised as us.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, he was the art director for CatCo's magazine...

That really isn't much better is it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James wasn't just some random photographer. He was a department head who would sit in on Cat's important meetings and stuff.

Yeah, its tv logic that he was the first choice to replace her because he's the character we know, but its realistically no different than if a random character was introduced as the head of some other department and got the gig.

Its convenient but who the hell cares about the hiring and promotion habits of a fake corporation in a TV show?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
It's not like we ever see Cat doing anything. Kara could probably run CatCo...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WarLocke posted:

It's not like we ever see Cat doing anything. Kara could probably run CatCo...

I'll be honest, I don't REALLY know what CatCo is.

Some general multi-media corporation of some kind? They had at least one dinky radio station and a women's magazine? And I guess there's a TV station even though we never see any of the staff or talent or anything? Uhhh... maybe a website? Cat seemed to be an editor who decided what stories made air... print... uh... online?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Gonna take the win for the easiest call ever w/r/t Jimmy being promoted to CEO.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Let's see if Jimmy runs the company to the ground faster than Felicity ran Palmertech to hell.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Also what happened to Kara's office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
"See now if the bullets don't work, right, why the punching? I've never understood that."

Best line of the night. Tyler Hoechner is an awesome Superman.