Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
New Total RuCall is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0YMTxT2GvI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Alaska was the best choice.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

the truth posted:

Alaska was the best choice.

This.

Deal with it Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdssssssssssssssssssss

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I agree that Alaska is, by far, the most polished and likely the most talented of the bunch.

I just always get into that internal argument of "yeah but who needs this more?" and I'm not sure if Alaska really needs the boost to her career.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

criscodisco posted:

I agree that Alaska is, by far, the most polished and likely the most talented of the bunch.

I just always get into that internal argument of "yeah but who needs this more?" and I'm not sure if Alaska really needs the boost to her career.
All-Stars isn't about career boosting. All of these girls (save Tatianna) had all the juice they needed from their respective seasons.

Alaska was absolutely the right choice, and the only reason the season lacked energy is that she was so much better than the others in all but one week. That one week came right after the "lent me her shirt" thing and wasn't a good look and suddenly everyone acts like she should be drawn and quartered on live TV.

People get loving insane about this show.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

ALFbrot posted:

People get loving insane about this show.

Agreedoh

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no we don't i'll loving murder you

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Alaska was clearly the strongest brand and the best choice, but my heart belongs to Katya.

Katya's fans are loving cu cu.

Detox murdered that episode and was pretty much on point for the entire season - I think she deserves more attention.

Roxxxy... her rap was :( but she made up for it with that haireography.

We didn't have Untucked this season but I tuned in for Unraveled on reddit so.. it was entertaining.

Anyway... AJA FOR SEASON 9

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I think Katya had the best overall performance in the finale but man, that was a WEAK and incredibly sedate finale all around. Kind of strange? It just felt really arbitrary and tacked on like it was just another mid-season episode.

Also Roxxxy desperately needs to get some variety in her wardrobe. Both of her looks were indistinguishable from 95% of what we've seen from her, sparkly bodysuit and sparkly tight fitting dress. Yeah you got a nice rear end and are thic as fukk but yawn.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
That dance number they did was everything. I wish Alyssa was in it though, she would have killed it.

I'm not surprised Alaska won. They probably gave it to her so they don't have to pay her the prize money for spoiling the season.

Still wanted Kayta to win though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Watrick posted:

That dance number they did was everything. I wish Alyssa was in it though, she would have killed it.

True, I'll have to settle for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRiTEA65h28

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Last night I booked Trixie Mattel for a charity bingo event with our local drag queens. It's their job to call the numbers but Trixie provided some commentary and performed at intermission.

About two games in, she got bored and came and sat at my table and gossipped about the local queens and life in LA and how terrible drag queens here are and how she used to host bingo where she gave away chapstick.

She's sweet and socially awkward and a shaaaady ape.

And her performance has tightened the gently caress up since last I saw her.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 16, 2016

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Inadequate Areolas posted:

Detox murdered that episode and was pretty much on point for the entire season - I think she deserves more attention.

Fully agree! Detox has come so far and is a lot more refined. I love her style and was super impressed with her this season!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

They needed to bring those girls outside the studio more aka as1. Hope they do that for s9

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Katya had the best performance in the challenge. The Russian rap was perfect, and I love that she got to make Rolaskatox squirm with her choreography. Pity she didn't win, but we all knew it wasn't to be. I have to admit, her lip syncs aren't too great when the song doesn't call for flailing or splits.

Alaska slayed the lip sync though, and the makeup smear sealed the deal. She wins of course, to nobody's surprise.

Detox had probably one of the most consistent runs of any queen. She never hosed up this season, and even had a few home runs. That one time she was in the bottom, she was pretty much in no danger of leaving, and it wasn't it even that bad.

Roxxxy looked nice... Okay, she went out gracefully, and really came off as a sweetheart this whole season. Funny how she was the only queen to be sent home by Ru.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Happy Willam's book day!!!!!

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh my god, thank you for reminding me!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Holy poo poo, what a weird coincidence. I'm giving a seminar about research today, and one of the key turning points in my talk is a slide that says "is it possible to suck less?"

Totally going to throw the cover of Willam's book in there.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I checked my kindle this morning in the parking lot before walking into work and screamed IT WAS A DELIVERYYYYYY!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was reading it on my phone on the train and... Penis. Yeah, I think that's a bad idea.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Is it worth checking out?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it's got nothing new or revelatory but it's entertaining so up to you!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I thought that everyone was convinced that it was going to spill all the tea and ruin RPDR forever

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Willam said he'd be airing a bunch of drama but he straight says in the book that he won't reveal that for years, if ever.
Though there was some solid, hilarious T about how batshit the producers are...

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Why was Willam kicked off the show?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It is an unknowable truth which if fully revealed will tear apart the fabric of this reality.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

It would take his one special, unique thing away from him. The only thing keeping him famous.

And at this point it can only be a disappointment after all the hype.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
^^^^

Well, I read on reddit once that Rhea Litre said Willam had an affair with a producer and it was the cause of a lot of the drama.

What definitely happened was Willam broke A LOT of rules, talked back to producers, ignored their directions to do reality-esque things and engaged directly with the camera crew (the "nurse!" scene is an example of him directing them). He also openly mopped stuff off the set (there was an incident where someone asked where a pillow was and he just took it out of his bag, for example). This is all stuff I heard Willam talk about in random YouTube vids and interviews.

The feud with WoW has only escalated since despite several attempts to put it all behind them, but that's another story for another day :haw:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

notaspy posted:

It would take his one special, unique thing away from him. The only thing keeping him famous.

That and his loving talent. He's an amazing queen.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

notaspy posted:

And at this point it can only be a disappointment after all the hype.

CaptainScraps posted:

That and his loving talent. He's an amazing queen.

Yeah, the disqualification got him a ton of exposure and attention and he very successfully capitalized on it. He's one of the most savvy queens out there in terms of branding and marketing.

Also very well-rounded as a performer, does tons of live shows, maintains the largest (?) youtube presence of any queen, and also has been running a gogo dancer booking company for ages (way before he went on RPDR).

Bitch is diversified.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I like his Chik-Fil-A song.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CHiRAL posted:

Well, I read on reddit once that Rhea Litre said Willam had an affair with a producer and it was the cause of a lot of the drama.

No drama on Willam's end since he has always been very vocal about being in an open relationship with his husband. If there was indeed drama, it was either on production's end, or the producer's personal life's.

quote:

What definitely happened was Willam broke A LOT of rules, talked back to producers, ignored their directions to do reality-esque things and engaged directly with the camera crew (the "nurse!" scene is an example of him directing them). He also openly mopped stuff off the set (there was an incident where someone asked where a pillow was and he just took it out of his bag, for example). This is all stuff I heard Willam talk about in random YouTube vids and interviews.

I'm sure that it's a lot more boring like this, just a bunch of small stuff added up, and Ru and the producers decided that it would be just better to eliminate him when it would cause the best drama. Willam hyped it up for so long, has told so many half truths, that the whole and real truth wouldn't live up to the year's worth of build up. So given how insane Drag Race fans have gotten, he smartly and correctly decided just to never tell.

That said, I don't feel a need to buy the book now.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
It's not worth the purchase and I loving love Willam.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Somehow a book written by a drag queen isn't good? Alert the UN.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

CaptainScraps posted:

It's not worth the purchase and I loving love Willam.

But I already made room in the shrine! :(

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
REUNION TONIGHT. My body is ready. I am /here/ for this.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh thanks for the heads up dino, I would have completely missed it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Oh thanks for the heads up dino, I would have completely missed it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqXfXLj4_-sBqKu1cnhpQTVQu_1HGGK_ySBhgLVpwDONXaWfoeL572-lVbt9im-Q87y6QZd&v=BEkEsi9woTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

"Choices."

:lol::lol::lol:

• Locked thread